MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:06 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Ibby, lousy reading comprehension hon.
MBL wrote:This is scummy behavior by Kurtz(Uraj). He implies bluemonick is a townsperson giving up, and says it's scummy and votes to lynch. I'm guessing he's on the opposite scumteam with LML and Pooky.
If you're scum, I suspect you and Pooky are on opposite teams.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:07 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

And while I accuse you of poor reading comp, I should be fair and accuse Pooks of not reading the thread at all. He's been less helpful than Max this game.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:08 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

It's something I've learned from watching "House".

When you're uncertain of what a disease is, sometimes the best strategy is to do nothing, let it take its natural course, and diagnose according to how fast it
kills
the patient.

Introducing drugs and treatments can sometimes cloud vision and lead to an inability to diagnose the base cause.

It's a fairly experimental playstyle and one I haven't tried out before,

By doing absolutely nothing and hiding under the radar actively, I am doing more than nothing, I am finding out what people do when they are faced with such a situation, how long will it take before I am attacked for my behaviour? Who will do the attacking? Who will choose to leave me alone? Would they make such an action as a protown role?

There are many reasons I can see for a player I could see as being likely to attack such a lurker, one of which certainly could be that they investigated me and got an innocent and decided to keep their mouths shut, another could be that they are scum and would rather not try to push a lynch on a player that is difficult to lynch, preferring to stick to easier targets.

The scum have the same information, except they know who they are and by elimination can target probable info roles, this in turn gives us information. Did they skip over someone prominent? Who would attack Pooky if he didn't have information, but didn't attack Pooky and yet still is alive?

Am I reading the thread and keeping up to date with everything? Yes. But I do need to run to class now.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:10 am

Post by ibaesha »

Alright, when you were bitching me out for not even FoSing Pooky, what were you implying?

Also,
MBL wrote:Here are MoS's posts since I posted a series of comments on Max, Pooky, and ibby/yos's reactions to bluemonick trying to take them down:
I thought you were grouping us together there too.

So I may have poor reading comprehension but you've accused me of being scum so many times and in so many different ways, I had to decipher.

So who do you think I'm scum with again?
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:22 am

Post by ibaesha »

Ibby wrote:Pooky: Pooky lurks - he does it more as town than scum. He was also on bluemonick's lynch and he hates bussing so he got points for that.
This is pretty much my thoughts about you, Pooks.
Then I was attacked repeatedly. And you continued to post nothing.
Why would Pooky allow me to be attacked in such a manner without a word?
Does Pooks think I'm scum? Or is he scum himself not wanting to step in on what could be an inevitable Ibby-lynch?
Made me start wondering if MBL was right about you.

Your last post doesn't really make much sense to me. You know better than to think that not contributing is going to help catch scum.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:56 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ibaesha wrote:Alright, when you were bitching me out for not even FoSing Pooky, what were you implying?

So who do you think I'm scum with again?
I was implying that you're not playing to win as town... ignoring so many obvious scumbags. And I'd say if anything it's most likely you were on the bluemonick scumteam after the way he went after you.

And yeah, I suppose Dr. Pooks can tell us now what he's diagnosed and we can see if he's been studying his Forensic Pathology.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:03 am

Post by ibaesha »

MBL wrote:And I'd say if anything it's most likely you were on the bluemonick scumteam after the way he went after you.
I get laughing rights when this theory is proven completely wrong, right?

Bluemonick used a craplogic attack on me and was a total idiot who got run up for doing so. I actually found it humorous that he could've possibly believe anyone would fall for his BS. He fell apart when his attack on me failed. It's just as humorous that you're attempting to draw this connection from something so ridiculous.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:13 am

Post by ibaesha »

Oh can't forget this:
MBL wrote:I was implying that you're not playing to win as town... ignoring so many obvious scumbags.
Ibby wrote:I have felt very confused about this game ever since my office was swapped.
My 'not playing to win' is definately a symptom of my confusion. I disagree that I've been apathetic, non-contributive, or anything of the sort. I still hold to the fact that up until today, I contributed a lot more to this game and trying to find scum than you have (hell, I even helped catch one). I think that this statement coming from you is highly hypocritical.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:15 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ibaesha wrote:Bluemonick used a craplogic attack on me and was a total idiot who got run up for doing so. I actually found it humorous that he could've possibly believe anyone would fall for his BS. He fell apart when his attack on me failed. It's just as humorous that you're attempting to draw this connection from something so ridiculous.
If it was that ridiculous, why'd you try to sweep it under the rug instead of addressing it?
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:22 am

Post by ibaesha »

I didn't. How the hell did I sweep it under the rug? I think you must've missed a post of mine.

First of all, at the beginning of day 2, I was more interested in mathcam answering my questions about Spamwise. I've already explained that I didn't even -consider- that bluemonick was pointing at me when he said that he'd been 'nabbed' by his scumpartner. Why? Because it couldn't POSSIBLY be me. Anyways, I did NOT sweep this topic under the rug. Once mathcam answered my questions, I was out of town, JUST LIKE YOU. In my very next post from returning, I responded about this very topic. I think YOU are sweeping that under the rug. Here, read it again.

Post 646

That is sweeping under the rug? Try again.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:25 am

Post by ibaesha »

Excuse me, day 3. Point still holds. Did you read that post or did you conveniently decide to ignore it?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:07 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Actually I did miss that because it took you a full day and night and a prodding from another player to address it. You get like 1/4 credit for that, and you know it.

Let's lynch Pooky and get this over with. Or Max/STD. How about if each of your scumteams debates for five minutes about which one should go first. Start... NOW.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:13 am

Post by ibaesha »

ibaesha wrote:
ibaesha in VA/LA wrote:I'll be on vacation and very busy (getting my kids ready for the school year) until Sept 5th. I'll check in whenever I have time.
Come again? You're full of shit.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:20 am

Post by ibaesha »

So basically, it was alright for you to do nothing because you were gone. And because I didn't respond to this topic WHILE I WAS AWAY, I don't get credit for it. EVEN THOUGH, I responded IMMEDIATELY upon my return.

Nice hypocracy there pal. I'm starting to really wonder what you're trying to pull here because your case against me gets more and more idiotic as we go along. You are TRYING to make it fit what suits your stupid fucking theory and refuse to listen to any defense I have. If you don't believe me, say it and fucking vote for me. If you're not willing to put your vote where your mouth is, then you obviously don't believe what you're saying. Hmm? Why would someone not believe what they're saying? Oh! Because they are SCUM!

unvote; vote MrBuddyLee
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:08 pm

Post by mathcam »

I think I agree with Ibby here, though I have to admit I thought she was pro-town before the discussion began. MBL's just being an ass. I'm not sure if I think he's scum yet. I think I like lynching StD the most, mostly inherited from suspicions of Max.

Vote: StD.

Cam
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:03 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ibaesha wrote:So basically, it was alright for you to do nothing because you were gone. And because I didn't respond to this topic WHILE I WAS AWAY, I don't get credit for it. EVEN THOUGH, I responded IMMEDIATELY upon my return.

Nice hypocracy there pal. I'm starting to really wonder what you're trying to pull here...
unvote; vote MrBuddyLee
Absolutely. Terrible. Argument.

AGAIN, I'll remind you that my problem with you and other scummy people was that the next day after bluemonick's implosion, you immediately pranced off to another topic, ignoring what he had said. Your vacation argument is a bunch of hooey, because you posted TWICE in that new day before posting your vacation post, and BOTH of those posts of yours completely ignored the goings on the day before.

So my comments aren't the least bit hypocritical. I'll tell you what, if you really think I'm the most likely person to be scum, you're semi-retarded, because the winning play for scum at the start of today was to sit on their ass and let this lazy-ass town lynch, um, let's see, probably Harry Potter. Nice that you jumped on and off Pooky in the span of 4 hours, that wasn't suspect or anything.

And cam, I'm happy to be an ass in this game if it helps town win. Clearly the game of pattycake D1-D3 wasn't getting the job done. Time to go back and see who's responded to the recent post barrage and who's decided to wait it out in cryo-freeze.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:06 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Not listening to MBL-scum.

I'm sure your scumbuddy Fuldu is proud.
That was some nice distancing earlier.
Pretty sure you downplayed my arguments about him being the one that bluemonick was referring to.
Oh yeah, and your attempt to derail bluemonick's wagon with the random Harry Potter vote is also noted.
You're not fooling me anymore.

Vote stands.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:09 pm

Post by mathcam »

Didn't almost everyone prance off to a different topic? I remember when I was doing my read to catch up in the game when I replaced that I was pretty surprised at how little air time that had received.

I'm not sure being an ass will ever help the town win. If you have points to make, then I tihnk you'll find you'll be listened to them much more if you present them in a more reasonable fashion.

Cam
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:55 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

ibaesha (2): armlx, Coron
MrBuddyLee (2): Fuldu, ibaesha
Save The Dragons (2): Yosarian2, mathcam
PookyTheMagicalBear (2): TheCesspit, MrBuddyLee
TheCesspit (1): Mastermind of Sin

Not Voting: Harry_Potter, Save The Dragons, mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, Uraj45, spectrumvoid

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:08 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

don't lynch me cuz I'm lazy...i'll be here soon. I'm feeling guilty now, so I'll most likely post tonight, small chance i'll post tommorrow.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:43 pm

Post by ibaesha »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
vote: Harry Potter

I believe there should be a wagon awaiting his response when he returns from vacation.
Please explain this vote and why you placed it mid-way through the bluemonick wagon. You have all kinds of theories about how people reacted to the bluemonick wagon, but yet, you haven't explained your own actions. You completely ignored the wagon and made this post. If that's not an attempt at derailment, I don't know what is. It leads one to believe you have dirt on Harry Potter.

This is pretty amusing considering it was part of the reason I voted for Harry Potter yesterday (which I've explained, but like everything else I've said, you conveniently ignore). And yet, today, you're all about 'Why were you pressuring Harry Potter of all people!?'

And then today, you say how the Harry Potter wagon was convenient yesterday? Then what the hell was it the day before when you voted for him midway through a wagon on scum? You weren't be opportunistic or anything there, right.

Oh check it out!
MrBuddyLee wrote:
vote: HarryPotter
So you didn't like that wagon, but yet you joined it. Good job.
MrBuddyLee wrote:
unvote, vote: BJ
Oh yep, you were part of the lovely BJ wagon too.

Note: Both of these posts were without reason. Looks to me like you were happy to join whatever the wagon of the moment was. Please explain these votes.
MBL wrote:I'm thinking Ibby is scum.
One!
MBL wrote:And it's not all I've done--I've commented on the scumminess I see in cam, cesspit and Ibby, primarily due to their indifferent tone.
Two!

I responded to this. Am I still indifferent?

Post 871
- An attack centered on me being scum.

Three!

Post 874

Four!

Another attack that focuses on me being scum, but spreads it around a little. Here you actually do note the possibility that Fuldu is a likely candidate for the other person that bluemonick was referring to.
MBL wrote:
Uraj wrote:
Vote ibaesha.
Here's why.
(buses scumpartner)
Five!

Once again, calling me scum and basing your argument on me being scum.

Post 866

Six!

Here, you start with the Ibby/Yos- scum theory, move on to Fuldu, but the wording is interesting. You're 'sorely tempted' when it comes to me and Yos, but when it comes to Fuldu 'it's really tough to say'. Nice way to push the theory against me, but downplay the theory about Fuldu.

Now then: Let's see.
ibaesha wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:Why didn't you comment the morning after bluemonick tried to out you as his scumpartner? I'd have figured you'd be furious.
I figured his entire play was idiocy, including when he went after me. I also knew he wasn't referring to me since I am -not- his scumpartner. Why would I be furious when I know that's not the case? I was looking at Fuldu as the best possibility there.
Do you believe this defense or not? Yes or no is fine.

Post 894.

Any problem with my responses there? You still haven't clarified what you meant.
MBL wrote:Here are MoS's posts since I posted a series of comments on Max, Pooky, and ibby/yos's reactions to bluemonick trying to take them down:
Oh look! Fuldu isn't even mentioned here. But yet, you imply that I'm scum again.
MBL wrote:If it was that ridiculous, why'd you try to sweep it under the rug instead of addressing it?
Why this question at all unless you completely ignored my response earlier?
MrBuddyLee wrote:Actually I did miss that because it took you a full day and night and a prodding from another player to address it. You get like 1/4 credit for that, and you know it.

Let's lynch Pooky and get this over with. Or Max/STD. How about if each of your scumteams debates for five minutes about which one should go first. Start... NOW.
This is a gem. It starts off with utter bullshit because I called you on your stupid 'you swept it under the rug' crap. I don't give a damn how you twist the start of day 3. If you don't believe the explanation I already gave, then say so. I didn't address the bluemonick thing immediately for the reasons I already mentioned. I obviously had other things on my mind like the discrepancy with Spamwise since that was something that did directly involve me. Then it moves on to 'nothing to see here! Let's lynch Pooky!'

You have pushed me relentlessly while practically giving Fuldu a free-ride. The little back and forth between you is a perfect distancing manuever. You have even dedicated an entire post to "If Ibby were scum." Why no one else? The post said "I'll start with Ibby". You can dedicate an entire post to why you think I'm scum, but then vote other people without doing the same thing? Beautiful. Looks to me like you're pushing my lynch from the sidelines, while not voting so that in the case that my lynch actually -does- go through, you can say "Hey! I never voted for her!" when I come up town.

I refuse to answer any more of your questions, or respond to any of your attacks if you are going to refuse to even consider my defenses. I absolutely reeks of someone who doesn't believe what they are saying and is just pulling arguments out of their ass. I mean you've called me scum or implied that I was scum no less than SIX times. And yet, you still don't want to vote me? Either you believe me or don't, but either piss or get off the pot.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:18 pm

Post by armlx »

Unvote

Thats all for now. I have to think.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:51 pm

Post by Fuldu »

ibaesha, as long as you're pointing out people trying to frame their status on various bandwagons, consider this, from the Bogre wagon of Day One.

quote="MrBuddyLee"]mlaker was scummy. From Bogre's words, I think he'll turn up pro-town. Just a hunch. His "you'll be sorry" act sounds genuine.[/quote]

This was a comment made while MBL had his vote on Bogre and the hammer had not yet been placed on the lynch. If you didn't think Bogre was scum, why didn't you unvote, MBL?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:43 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

This is interesting, especially since I started out thinking both Iba and MBL are scum.
I don't really have much else to add, other than currently I'm leaning towards the side of MBL being scum. But I believe in giving people a chance to respond, so I'm holding my vote.
Blank.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:13 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

What a headache. . .

I don't like pooky's actions at all. . .confessing to active lurking does not get you any points in my book. Considering how frequently you were called for, I should think you should actually post if you were reading the thread. Regardless of motivation, this feels very anti-town to me.There is one thing I have to agree with ibby on, and that's that I'm pretty tired of playstyle defenses.
FOS: Pooky

I don't want to lynch pooky right now though. ..mainly because MBL does.

The more I hear MBL talk, the more convinced I am that his posts are of no value to the town and that he's spouting utter BS.

Vote MrBuddyLee

There's a lot I don't like in the town today. . .I suppose part of that comes from there being a fair amount of scum left. . .but there's more than that. People are being hard to read because they aren't saying anything really. . .hell, come to think of it.

Uvote Vote Spectrumvoid

<3 Yaw

I'm just not happy with him. . .he really hasn't said much today that wasn't obvious. . .
I could say a similar thing of MMOD. Fuldu and armlx haven't talked much. . .but their posts at least had some meaning, wheras specturm seems to be futzing around.

Yes, I'm throwing my vote around every which way today. . .mainly because my opinions are fluctuating so much.

I do know that I'm not liking MBL though. . .and I'm especially not liking the lurkerish types.
:x
*is deadly tired*
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”