Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:57 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

MrBuddyLee wrote:HarryPotter, what do you think of bluemonick's actions in the days leading up to his lynch? Who do you think he was implicating, and do you think he was telling the truth about there being multiple scum groups?

Armlx, what do you think about Max's "un-Maxlike" actions this game. What do you think about the fact that scum didn't try to wagon him at all?
Out of curiousity, what makes you think that there is even a question of multiple scum groups or not? In any large game, I go into the game assuming that we have multiple scum groups, because I have yet to see one where we didn't, unless that was the premise of the entire game (which it isn't in this instance).

Since you're asking questions, I've got a few for you.
MrBuddyLee wrote:MoS has just demonstrated that he actually reread the thread. In light of everyone else's apathy, I choose to see that as a pro-town move on his part. Nice work mang.
As nice as it is to get complimented, you failed to actually comment on my suspicions. Do you agree with my assessment of TheCesspit? Do you believe he's scummy as well?
MrBuddyLee wrote:THE LYNCHING OF OUR ONLY SCUM

PART I: THE WAGON
Fuldu wrote:Huh? I don't understand BMQ's argument against Yosarian and I
really
don't understand bluemonick's jump to that bandwagon. It seems like BMQ is suggesting that Yosarian's playstyle is different from past games, which I don't see, but if he'd care to elaborate a bit more, I might. But bluemonick is new enough that that can't be what he's saying. And the comment about "less of an investigator" and "more like 'laying back'" is, frankly, nonsense. Yosarian seems to me to be pushing as hard at the issues he finds important in this game as he usually does. I happen not to find the particular issue he's chosen to be especially noteworthy, but I can see the logic behind it. Coupled with the fact that he got himself blowed up, which seems likely to be a scum mechanism, I think this looks like a scummy pair of votes.

vote: bluemonick
ibaesha wrote:
Fuldu wrote:Many things that I agree with.
unvote; vote bluemonick
bluemonick wrote:
ibaesha wrote:Bogre claimed vanilla townie at like 4 votes or something.
Yosarian2 wrote:Oh, I forgot about that.

Can we just lynch him, then?
ibaesha wrote:I'm up for that. I really doubt a major change before deadline.
unvote; vote Bogre
I think that puts him at lynch -1. Anyone got a hammah?
I think these posts need to be reread and looked back on. Bogre claimed townie but yet he was still lynched by this two towards the end. Yosaiain2, that is really suspicious, you just saying, "Can we just lynch him, then?" Isnt that what a Scum wants to do, Lycnch Townies.

Ibaesha, you seem to be following the footsteps of Ibaesha as these posts I quoted were 3 posts right in a row. To me both of you are Suspiciosus right now, and seem to be working as Scum Partners. I already voted for Yosaiain2 so:
FOS: Ibaesha

And this is the main reason I voted for Yosaisin2 but didnt explain it then all of a sudden people start to bandwagon me for no apparent reason than "I seemed to agree with so and so to easily". Im sorry I just didnt explain myself better.
bluemonick wrote:
Ibaesha, you seem to be following the footesteps of YOSAIAIN2.........
bluemonick, going down in flames wrote:More than likely..........ibaesha.
Because he's very Scumadeltic
You want a Claim? Im Scum. the Last Post was Committing Sucide already.
Btw, Nabbed by my Own Scum Partner.
Yaw wrote:bluemonick (12): Fuldu, ibaesha, PookyTheMagicalBear, spectrumvoid,
Fritzler, Brian McQueso
, TheCesspit,
Masterchief
, Colonel Kurtz,
BabyJesus
, Max,
the silent speaker
Anyone who doesn't think scum jumped on that wagon as quick as possible is a monkey's uncle. There was very little reason not to bus bluemonick.

Pooky, spectrumvoid, Cesspit, Kurtz, Max all piled on the bluemonick wagon with little ado. It was a wagon that evolved, if you believe in conspiracy theories, to take the heat off Colonel Kurtz who was one of the leading vote getters at the time.

Of the various reasonings for votes on bluemonick, Kurtz's was the oddest.

Also, note that while Fuldu made the case against bluemonick, it was Ibby who bluemonick zeroed in on and tried to implicate. It's such a bizarre transposition that you'd almost have to think that either he was genuinely pissed at his scumpartner or that he intentionally picked Ibby to "cleverly" conceal the fact that it was scumpartner Fuldu who really nailed him.

I'll be VERY surprised if neither of {Fuldu, Ibby} are scum. I'll also be surprised if both are.

PART II: THE AFTERMATH

The next day, no one talked about the strange goings on at the end of yesterday. I imagine it had been the hot topic amongst scum the night before:

(a)"Wow, he tried to set up pro-town Ibby, at least he went out half smart."
or
(b)"Wow, he tried to take you out, Ibbs. What a complete jackass."

If (a), I'd expect scum to have at least taken a poke at her the next day.

If (b), I imagine the gameplan for the next morning was to talk about something else entirely and see if people would just forget the nasty goings on.

What happened?

Kurtz
spectrumvoid
Yos
MoS
Cesspit
All come out quick with distractions. "Jeez, I thought Lordy was scum," followed by a long two-page dissertation on the office-blower-upper.

I feel terrible for Ibby if she got outed by her scumpartner, but it easily could have been WIFOM as well. The reaction the next day makes me more likely to believe, however, that her scumpartners pushed an agenda of distraction in the morning.

I am open to alternative interpretations.
I noticed you mentioned my name somewhere in this mammoth of a post, and i was wondering if you could point out what you were referring to me about, since I don't understand.
Permanent V/LA.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:56 am

Post by mathcam »

armlx wrote:Umm, yeah, I'm an idiot. I should have read the first post.....
And maybe some of the posts since then as well...

:)

Cam
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:19 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

ibaesha (2): armlx, Coron
mathcam (1): MrBuddyLee
Coron (1): TheCesspit
TheCesspit (1): Mastermind of Sin
MrBuddyLee (1): Fuldu
Fuldu (1): ibaesha
Save The Dragons (1): Yosarian2

Not Voting: Harry_Potter, Save The Dragons, mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, mathcam, Uraj45, spectrumvoid

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:38 pm

Post by mathcam »

Hm. Any chance Yosarian had a 1-shot kill that, by using it, blew up his office?

Cam
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:57 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Wouldn't he have some inkling of that? He seemed more curious as to why his office blew up than anyone.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:42 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Hm... Maybe he was faking his curiosity? *just idle speculation* *sings alone in the corner*
Blank.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:08 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I will reread and post tonight. Sorry about that.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:36 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I took the words literally. You're generally a person who chooses the words he means to choose.
Well, apparently I don't choose my words carefully enough, if they're open to that kind of misunderstanding.

(shrug)
Mathcam wrote: Hm. Any chance Yosarian had a 1-shot kill that, by using it, blew up his office?

Cam
No.

You know what, let me just answer your questions. Dispite me refusing to directly answer the question, I think it's pretty clear to everyone that I'm basically a townie now anyway, I think, so I guess there's no harm in clarifying.

I was origionally Jack Xavier. I was basically a vanillia townie, as (to paraphrase) the office was empty of things other the office furnature.

Now, after my office was bombed, I am a townie of indeterminate name.

So that's why I couldn't answer your questions before without claiming, mathcam; I don't have any firsthand knowlege of what would happen if an office that contained a power role got bombed; I would guess that the equipment in the office that gives the office holder cop powers or vig powers or whatever would probably get destroyed, but I don't really know.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:31 am

still waiting for MBL's replies.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:51 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Of all the things in this game to discuss right now, the thing you find the pressing need to comment on is MBL's replies to your itty bitty questions?

Pretty certain you're scum now.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:53 am

Post by Coron »

You could you know... answer it.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:04 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Here are MoS's posts since I posted a series of comments on Max, Pooky, and ibby/yos's reactions to bluemonick trying to take them down:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Huh? What did I do?
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Yeah, i don't know where armlx got that logic. Up until the last 2 paragraphs it was at least somewhat logical, but that last stuff is ridiculous.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Out of curiousity, what makes you think that there is even a question of multiple scum groups or not? In any large game, I go into the game assuming that we have multiple scum groups, because I have yet to see one where we didn't, unless that was the premise of the entire game (which it isn't in this instance).

Since you're asking questions, I've got a few for you.

As nice as it is to get complimented, you failed to actually comment on my suspicions. Do you agree with my assessment of TheCesspit? Do you believe he's scummy as well?

I noticed you mentioned my name somewhere in this mammoth of a post, and i was wondering if you could point out what you were referring to me about, since I don't understand.
He's clearly avoiding the topics because his scumpartners are involved and it's risky to talk about your scumpartners.

The answers to his questions anyhow:

1. There could just as easily be one big scum group and an SK. I've seen it before. So when bluemonick rattled on, I thought it was significant, and people's reactions to that (ignoring it) were also significant.

MrBuddyLee wrote:cam, Mos and cesspit are not trying to find scum at all--they are probably scum.
I also commented on Cesspit's scumminess twice earlier in the thread. So a negative nineteen points to MoS for not reading the thread to see that I've already said Cesspit is scummy three times. Scum is too lazy to read the thread. But then again, so's this whole damned town...

3. You had no response the next day to the bluemonick thing. Instead you helped move the conversation in another direction entirely, which appeared to be an attempt to bury whatever bluemonick had screwed up the sunset before.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:36 pm

the "Huh? What did I do?" was the equivalent of my third question, which you obviously didn't understand, hence why I restated it in a later post.

1. I for one have never seen a single scum group in a game this large, and it's certainly not
common
. The general assumption is NOT that we have one scum group, then certain things may point to having two. If anything, you assume 2 scum groups, then you may get clues that point to only one, or even more than 2.

2. Yet when I quoted TheCesspit and voiced my suspicions of him multiple times over multiple days (which invalidates your assumption that I'm not trying to find scum at all), you failed to address my points against him. Saying you think a person is scummy means nothing at all unless you have some sort of argument to back it up. I was asking you to comment on his actions, and since you said you found him scummy, I expected it would be fairly easy for you to produce and argument to support that view. Instead, I see you skirting the issue by hiding behind small accusations of scumminess and attacking me as well.

3. To be perfectly honest, I wasn't really paying attention to the thread during the whole bluemonick thing, which is why I was only posting occasionally. The reason I never said anything about it the next day was because I didn't know there was anything to say, since I hadn't really paid attention to the previous day. I would greatly appreciate it if you could articulate where bluemonick "screwed up the sunset before", as you put it, since I still haven't read that part of the thread, and I don't have the time to go back and review it.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:05 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I made the bluemonick case in my past few posts, but to get the full impact you need to go back and read the thread from the moment he entered the game.

Same with Max... read his posts and people's reactions to him and give your impressions. It's just... not right.

More in depth on Cesspit to come.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:the "Huh? What did I do?" was the equivalent of my third question, which you obviously didn't understand, hence why I restated it in a later post.

1. I for one have never seen a single scum group in a game this large, and it's certainly not
common
Huh? You've never seen it?

Look at Stephen King mafia; just one scum group and a SK. Or Kingmaker I. Or several other games.

I'm sure you've seen it before. It's not that uncomon.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:49 am

Yosarian2 wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:the "Huh? What did I do?" was the equivalent of my third question, which you obviously didn't understand, hence why I restated it in a later post.

common
Huh? You've never seen it?

Look at Stephen King mafia; just one scum group and a SK. Or Kingmaker I. Or several other games.

I'm sure you've seen it before. It's not that uncomon.
I wasn't in either of those games, hence the not seeing.
Permanent V/LA.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:23 am

Post by TheCesspit »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I made the bluemonick case in my past few posts, but to get the full impact you need to go back and read the thread from the moment he entered the game.

Same with Max... read his posts and people's reactions to him and give your impressions. It's just... not right.

More in depth on Cesspit to come.
Goodie, I want to know what I've done so I can answer it to your satisfaction. I suspect I know what it'll revolve around.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:29 am

Post by TheCesspit »

Vote: Pooky

Nothing contributed for two weeks, and has just slid by so far. Just to examine yet another person here. And hasn't LoudMouthLee joined this game and not said anything yet either?

Ibasea/MBL/MoS make my head hurt as i can't work out the truth in there, but I'm getting to be sure that the scum are lurking and gliding by.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:38 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

unvote, vote: Pooky
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:45 am

Post by ibaesha »

The Cesspit wrote:Nothing contributed for two weeks, and has just slid by so far. Just to examine yet another person here. And hasn't LoudMouthLee joined this game and not said anything yet either?
And he was replaced by STD who hasn't made any type of contributive post either.

unvote; vote Pooky

You happy, MBL? Doing such a thing makes me cry inside.

I still think Fuldu is scum. And probably STD formerly LML formerly Max.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:50 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I'm innocent

besides

when's the last time you've seen Pookyscum lurk?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:52 am

Post by ibaesha »

That was enlightening, Pooks.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:54 am

oh cmon ibs

u know I'm never quiet when i'm scum

only when i'm obsessively contemplative townie.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:57 am

Post by ibaesha »

Well, care to contemplate out loud for us, then?

Who do you think is scum? Why? Etc. C'mon Pooks. Let's hear it.

I mean, do you realize that MBL is accusing us of being scum together? I know that's not true. You know that's not true, yet you're allowing him to spread such foolish notions without a word?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:00 am

i wanna see who listens to him
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”