Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 am

Post by Kinetic »

In post 749, Xalxe wrote:After checking my posting history, it would appear that my only posts that day were either a) early morning to update my newbie game or b) fuck-around posts. Therefore, I can only assume that I was not in a "seriousposting" mood at that time and wasn't about to read a game thread.

In this game, that isn't allowed. Especially if someone is being hurt. You can't "check out".

Is this Xalxe being useless town or feigning it as scum? Does someone have more experience with Xalxe than I do?
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:38 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 750, Kinetic wrote:
In post 749, Xalxe wrote:After checking my posting history, it would appear that my only posts that day were either a) early morning to update my newbie game or b) fuck-around posts. Therefore, I can only assume that I was not in a "seriousposting" mood at that time and wasn't about to read a game thread.

In this game, that isn't allowed. Especially if someone is being hurt. You can't "check out".

Is this Xalxe being useless town or feigning it as scum? Does someone have more experience with Xalxe than I do?

I was checking out for what amounts to approx. 12 hours on a weekend. MY BAD I'M SURE

It was a Saturday, and this
is
finals time. I should think it's fairly clear that I have been following this entire time and paying attention. I may not be the most verbose of players, but I am keeping up for once.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:09 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Vote: Zdenek

He is very clearly the loser in this argument on all current fronts. Quadz gets some townpoints for pointing out the sidestepping Zde did.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:45 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 747, Kinetic wrote:
In post 741, Zdenek wrote:In post 739, Kinetic wrote:
In post 738, Zdenek wrote:
Kinetic, we don't know the setup, so I don't see why you don't have reservations about the argument against Xalxe.

I never said I didn't. I was the first person to vote Xalxe, and I was the first person to call him out on that move. He has yet to respond to it. I don't understand why you immediately attacked me for voting him when it was his first vote and was for a pretty damn good reason. I wanted to get more from him and pressure him. You jumped in and stopped that.

If you have reservations about it, then why the fuck are you arguing with me?

I've been clear about my issues with your vote on Xalxe, and they weren't only to do with this argument.

Quadz, I'm pretty tired of repeating myself. What issue have I sidestepped?

Remember this post:

In post 654, Zdenek wrote:Kinetic continues to use conflicting reasons for his suspicions. He's suspicious of me, LLD and MattP for not hurting Kinetic; compare this to:
In post 488, Kinetic wrote:Your scum colleagues are probably playing it smart right now and not going to out themselves to save you.

Also, he is suspicious of Xalxe for hurting Kinetic.

Now, I actually think that the argument about Xalxe could have some merit, but since we don't actually know the setup, it's a weak reason for a vote and is more of a reason to pay more attention to Xalxe. Moreover, his vote on Xalxe, seems incongruent with the things that he has had to say about me recently.

His attack on me for not re-voting and hurting Peregrine seems thoughtless considering that he should be well aware of my read on him. In past games, bussing has been punished substantially, since as scum died their total rage pool reduced making it harder on them to kill people off. If this game is anything like the previous ones, we should expect that scum would be hesitant to bus, so having my number one scum read pushing Peregrine made me reluctant to vote him.

To answer the question about why I initially voted Peregrine, I voted him because his comment about agreeing with Tierce's reads made no sense, but I didn't want to say anything at the time because he had yet to respond to her question about that. While the reason for my vote didn't evaporate, the wagon on Peregrine made me doubt my previous read on him, and I definitely thought that there were scummier people to target.

Remember how you attacked me and basically chainsawed me off of pursuing my Xalxe case and called me voting him scummy. You said in the same post, "a reason to pay more attention to Xalxe", but you didn't do that, you gave him room to breath. If you were town, maybe the right play would have been to back the fuck off and let me explore. I wasn't 100% on Xalxe, but you basically coming to his defense before he even made a RESPONSE to my vote (save a few weird posts, and lurking since) basically derailed any pressure before it started. Why wouldn't you take your own damn advice and WATCH what was going on instead of basically coming in, calling me scummy for the vote, and questioning the motivations
DESPITE AGREEING WITH THE LOGIC THAT XALXE ACTED SCUMMY

No? It's also because of things like this:

In post 664, Kinetic wrote:
In post 660, Zdenek wrote:
Now, I didn't push him again, but that's because I wanted you killed, for people to pay attention to you and on top of that you were one of main people pushing Peregrine.

Exactly. You just admitted to taking an anti-town move because you knew it benefited you. Nice scumslip.

You promoting an anti-town agenda.

That's why we're arguing. That's why I'm voting you. You have taken the position that everything I do is wrong and I cannot do any other scum hunting until apparently one of us is dead.

I felt you were acting scummy, but some people who I felt were town asked me to look for other people because they felt you were town. I backed off, you didn't. And then as soon as I start looking to make a case against someone else, you stepped in and blocked it. So, you got my attention again. Now you're not losing it. You're scum and I'm tired of you.

P-Edit: Zd, why am I not able to go after Xalxe? Because you won't fucking get out of my way. So while you keep obstructing me I will keep pointing out how scummy you're being. I'm already voting you, I've tried to follow other people's reads that you're town, I've tried to avoid you, but you keep stepping in my way.

1. quote where I said that you voting Xalxe was scummy.
2. You are the person who thought that Xalxe was scum, wanted to pressure him and then immediately took the pressure off of him, as soon as I posted.
3. Xalxe has hardly posted since then, so there hasn't been much to pay attention to, and the argument that I am not paying attention to him is stupid. I'm reading his posts, if I see something bothers me I'll point it out.
4. I didn't stop you from exploring. It was your decision to focus on me.
5. If my scum read does something that makes no sense, I am going to point it out.
6. Me trying to get my top scum read lynched is protown.
7. It's not my fucking job to create an environment that is conducive to my scum reads putting pressure on people.

In post 752, Voidedmafia wrote:
Vote: Zdenek

He is very clearly the loser in this argument on all current fronts. Quadz gets some townpoints for pointing out the sidestepping Zde did.

Voided, specifically which points do you agree with and why, and why do you disagree with my responses.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Z, what part of "all current fronts' do you not understand? If you don't, I'll kindaly walk you through it like a 5-year-old if I'm able to after work.

Also, I like him more because everything he says makes sense?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:17 am

Post by Tierce »

Wheeee look at me blatantly disregarding this game.

Sorry, guys, but between ehobanowoof and other stuff I have my plate full for another night or two.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:21 am

Post by Kinetic »

In post 753, Zdenek wrote:1. quote where I said that you voting Xalxe was scummy.

I've quoted it like five fucking times. I'm tired of this back and forth, look at my ten other posts which point it out.

2. You are the person who thought that Xalxe was scum, wanted to pressure him and then immediately took the pressure off of him, as soon as I posted.

After you posted attacking both my reason for voting Xalxe, and then attacking the very notion that going after Xalxe was scummy... because I didn't attack you in that one fucking post. Don't worry, I have made sure I didn't make that mistake again and attacked you in nearly every subsequent post.

3. Xalxe has hardly posted since then, so there hasn't been much to pay attention to, and the argument that I am not paying attention to him is stupid. I'm reading his posts, if I see something bothers me I'll point it out.

Whose fault is that? Instead of me focusing on why Xalxe was avoiding my question, I had to deal with you gumming up the works. Despite everyone else in the town basically having confirmed me as town, you continue to not believe it. Well guess what, I'm town. Believe it.

4. I didn't stop you from exploring. It was your decision to focus on me.

And you effectively gave me no choice. Hell, one of your points was "the mention of finding someone else scummy, is in itself scummy, because of the things he said about me."

That kind of bullshit reasoning is basically saying "Deal with me now, or else I will constantly hinder you this entire game. This is backed up BY YOUR ADMISSION that you would follow an anti-town agenda if it benefited you and hurt me.

5. If my scum read does something that makes no sense, I am going to point it out.

I have. Many times. And for many of the things you consider scummy, multiple people have said that those very things are town traits. You refuse to believe me, or anyone else. In fact, when I point out things that don't make sense, you then tell me I'm misrepresenting you. I tried multiple times to give you the benefit of the doubt, but then you started calling me an idiot too. That doesn't fly with me.

6. Me trying to get my top scum read lynched is protown.

Except, no one else agrees with you. At all. And I can be pretty sure everyone agrees at BEST you're a hindrance, and at worst you are doing it for scum motivations. "So you believe that Delenn is right, and the world is wrong! But did you ever stop to think, perhaps, Delenn is wrong, and the world is right!" That Babylon 5 quote is way too true here. The entire point is that right now you've made this a you versus me, and if that's the case, then I have no choice but to remove you.

7. It's not my fucking job to create an environment that is conducive to my scum reads putting pressure on people.

No, but it is your fucking job to make town decisions. You've failed to do so at every turn. You haven't even made a case about me. Make one. Tell me why I am scum, and its not just you opposing everything I do because at the beginning of the fucking game I said "Zd is acting strange".
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:23 am

Post by Kinetic »

In post 756, Kinetic wrote:5. If my scum read does something that makes no sense, I am going to point it out.

I have. Many times. And for many of the things you consider scummy, multiple people have said that those very things are town traits. You refuse to believe me, or anyone else. In fact, when I point out things that don't make sense, you then tell me I'm misrepresenting you. I tried multiple times to give you the benefit of the doubt, but then you started calling me an idiot too. That doesn't fly with me.

Somehow I read this in the first person instead of the third person, and basically thought it says "If I do something that makes no sense, go ahead and point it out". So that is the question I'm answering.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:25 am

Post by Kinetic »

In post 755, Tierce wrote:Wheeee look at me blatantly disregarding this game.

Sorry, guys, but between ehobanowoof and other stuff I have my plate full for another night or two.

Get back here and vote Zd so we can commence with the hurting please.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:30 am

Post by Tierce »

No thank you. Zdenek is Town, your wall fight is ridiculous and I'm not reading none of it. Remember when I spoke about Zdenek and tunneling and he whined that I had no reason to because it was page 6? Yeah, it's like I'm clairvoyant or something.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:30 am

Post by Tierce »

I'm reading none of it*

You people have a stupid language.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:06 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

english owns u take that back right thsi second.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:07 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

hey kinetic im gonna be honest i didnt read any of your guys idiot wall can u please sum up for me why zd is scum.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Post by scooby »

Can we PLEASE LYNCH ONE OF THE SCUMLURKERSBAGS YOSA OR MATTP?
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:27 pm

Post by scooby »

It's LIKE they ONLY POST TO DEFEND... NOT THEIR NORMAL TOWN BEHAVIOR... PLEASE LYNCH{

UNVOTE VOTE: YOSARIAN
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 756, Kinetic wrote:I've quoted it like five fucking times. I'm tired of this back and forth, look at my ten other posts which point it out.

I've just ISO'd myself, and I've never said that. I said that your vote on Xalxe seems incongruent with your attacks on me and that it's weird in the context of your attacks on me and your post about trying to find scum using the fact that you were protected.

Can you not see how I would think these things?
In post 756, Kinetic wrote:then attacking the very notion that going after Xalxe was scummy

That is nonsense. Please tell me what you are talking about.
In post 756, Kinetic wrote:And you effectively gave me no choice. Hell, one of your points was "the mention of finding someone else scummy, is in itself scummy, because of the things he said about me."

That is such garbage. Of course you had a choice.
In post 756, Kinetic wrote:for many of the things you consider scummy, multiple people have said that those very things are town traits.

Which things are these?
In post 756, Kinetic wrote:You've failed to do so at every turn. You haven't even made a case about me. Make one.

Maybe later.

This seems like more fun.
Vote: Yosarian
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 763, scooby wrote:Can we PLEASE LYNCH ONE OF THE SCUMLURKERSBAGS YOSA OR MATTP?

I very explicitly said, in bold, that I have the most important exam of the semester tomorrow. Thank you.
SlappyKrust
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by quadz08 »

In post 765, Zdenek wrote:
In post 756, Kinetic wrote: wrote:
You've failed to do so at every turn. You haven't even made a case about me. Make one.

Maybe later.

whaaaaaaat

how is this not being voted by everyone in the game
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by quadz08 »

In post 756, Kinetic wrote: wrote:
You've failed to do so at every turn. You haven't even made a case about me. Make one.

Maybe later.

whaaaaaaat

how is this not being voted by everyone in the game
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by Tierce »

Because it's Zdenek being himself. Votes on him are stupid. Don't expect me to defend him further, he's a pain in the ass in the best of circumstances and quickly turning into my pet policy lynch target. I will
not
, however, vote or Hurt him, and you lot should be using your time more productively than with him. He's Town.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 729, Zdenek wrote:Not voting Kinetic at this point is a scum tell.

In post 756, Kinetic wrote:I've quoted it like five fucking times. I'm tired of this back and forth, look at my ten other posts which point it out.

???
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:34 pm

Post by Zdenek »

ABR, I'm tired. No one's reading my posts. I'm going to do something else and see what comes of it.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Post by quadz08 »

he diiiiiiies
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Kinetic »

In post 762, kanyeknowsbest wrote:hey kinetic im gonna be honest i didnt read any of your guys idiot wall can u please sum up for me why zd is scum.

Continues to not scum hunt, has simply focused solely on me to the exclusion of the whole game. Tierce seems convinced that's a town tell for Zd, but even if it is it's indicitive of absolutely useless town play. He actively disrupts other scum hunting efforts (both PV and Xalxe). His actions are disruptive on purpose. He has performed Anti-Town actions because it would benefit him and him alone, without regard for the town (For instance, claiming "majority should be needed to hurt, well after the issue was thought to be resolved, when HE is on the chopping block now; but being completely OK with PV hurting me with no votes on me simply because it was targeting me. It was like he was hurting me himself). Ironically, I'm not 100% on him being scum anymore, for a couple reasons that I'm keeping close for right now, but I'm starting to think at BEST he is highly uncooperative and useless town. Seeing as the last WiH game I played I was killed and the town lost because of players like that (see roflcopter in WiH2) I'm starting to believe that even if he ends up being town upon death I won't feel bad about it at all. This is a game where the town MUST cooperate with each other and follow the rules we set forth. Anarchy, even in Hell, will lead to a scum win, and he is quickly becoming more trouble than he is worth.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Just to get this all in one place. Here is why Kinetic is scum.

1. The AtE - iPad post. He attacks me for attacking him over the things that he chose to comment on. I no longer care about that, but the way he defends himself is the problem. He acts as though I am scum for not taking into account the fact that he is posting from an iPad and is 100 miles from a computer. This sort of attack is completely insane. I am not in a position to know anything about his personal situation.

2. Rhetorical garbage:
In post 192, Kinetic wrote:I love how you picked the one thing there that you think you have an attack against and make the entire post about that. Nope, its to point out how hypocritical you're being.

There is nothing that I have said where him explaining that he posting from an iPad is going to demonstrate its hypocrisy.

Suggesting that I am using logically fallacies that I am not using.

3. Use of weak/boilerplate scum-tells

In post 192, Kinetic wrote:Perhaps my meta is a bit dated, but I'm referring to a variant of the "Tarhalindur Chainsaw Defense"

Here he was using a version of a scum-tell where he was suggesting that Tierce is scum with me for attacking MattP in an attempt to distract town from Kinetic's case on me. Even the strong version of this "tell" (which would have occurred if Tierce had attacked Kinetic) is highly questionable, so this version is most likely irrelevant to people's alignments.

He calls people scum for disagreeing with him over mechanics/strategy issues. These are usually alignment neutral things.

He suggests that I was chainsaw defending Xalxe when I pointed out that I have doubts about the reason to think that he is scum on account of the setup being closed. This is a completely reasonable point, I think, and Kinetic doesn't seem to disagree, and on top of that, the "tell" is discredited.

4. Taking things out of context: Kinetic 203. I attack Kinetic over the things that he chose to comment on - he was talking about mechanics rather than talking about the case on MattP. I point this out, and he tries to suggest that my issue was with him attacking me. I'd never said anything of the sort.

5. Lying and backtracking. Regarding my post 300. He says its a good post and unvotes me, he gets called out on his unvote and says the doesn't agree with every single one of the points (not quite all the points) then later says that in fact he agrees with none of them. He exaggerated to justify his change of read on me and then backtracked on that when he was called out.

6. Exaggeration: post 428, he suggested that Peregrine scumslipped when he said that he wanted us to use seven rather than five votes to secure a lynch.

He suggests that me accidentally saying Kinetic rather that PV is a scum slip.

He suggests that not wanting to kill Peregrine yesterday is a scum slip.

7. He attacks me for unvoting Peregrine in 464 and then later suggests that Peregrine's buddies wouldn't stick their necks out to save him. He was falling over himself trying to throw suspicion around.

8. He attacks Xalxe for hurting Kinetic because of my setup spec - that scum will want to hurt town because it might help them pick up rage, and attacks me for not hurting Peregrine because I didn't want blood on my hands. If scum really do pick up rage for hurting townies there was no reason for me to stick my neck out and not hurt Peregrine, and if he buys the argument against Xalxe, he should not be attacking me over this.

9. This is the real kicker. He's attacking me for saying that I have reservations about the Xalxe argument. When I ask him about it, he dodges the question, by saying that he didn't say that he didn't have reservations about them, but this seems to imply that he understands why I would have reservations about it, and the fact that he is attacking me over this is contrived.

Points for the future:

Kinetic has claimed that he has plans to use town claiming rage to find scum, and believed in them enough to suggest that I am for doubting him. If these plans don't pan out, he needs to be forced to explain them in detail, and then lynched if they don't make any sense.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”