NY 160: Terrible Melodrama Mafia (Game Over)

JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 am

Post by JacobSavage »

EBWOP: now
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:54 am

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 3.05

Untrod Tripod (3)- Empking, Plan B, RedCoyote
Nostredeus (2)- 4nxi3ty, F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Empking (2)- Untrod Tripod, Nostredeus

Not voting: Gentlemen Bastards, JacobSavage, N

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

V/LA

JacobSavage- Until Wednesday

Deadline

9th December, 10pm AEDT
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:54 am

Post by Nostredeus »

In post 671, Empking wrote:
In post 656, JacobSavage wrote:I think given the current situation it should be a choice between Nost and Empking rather than UT for the time being.

Why? Nost isn't claiming any role insight, and we (you and I) agree that UT is scum. Nost is still dumb - though "show me where you mentioned TF being scum at all before voting" being changed to "show me where you mentioned it three times before voting" does smell a little like scum wanting a dumb town read - which is null for Nost, and certainly null for me (I'm reading you correctly for your reason for wanting to narrow it down to me, right?).

I really haven't changed my position, but keep going you're trying really hard; I specifically said that neither of your quoted posts filled the requirement and were obviously not calling TF out as scum. I specifically didn't ask for more posts, asking you to find 1 and the reach that followed was painful enough to watch.

@F-16: Yup.
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

F-16, I take it that your avoidance of answering N's question about N1 report means your 'investigated Jacob' was just a way of saying you re-read him.

4nxiety, I wish I could explain this much better because it's not just a gut feeling about his posting but his entire reaction towards being lynched, and while it may be a 'don't do it' sort of appeal it's coming across in a manner where he feels desperate and alone and wants to point us in a direction after his death re; empking and that entire angle feels very town. I haven't forgotten Adorkables posting but at the same time their posting was just 'bad' and I'd throw ToonFighters posts into the 'bad' category and we were wrong on him too so while their posting might be disguistingly bad I have too many reservations from Nosts replace in for that to be a good lynch at all. And momentum means nothing, there should be no 'lock' between lynches, we desperately need to lynch scum today and that requires everyone to open their mind and actually share and discuss thoughts rather than locking their vote down somewhere.

I have a few hours of this afternoon/evening and will be getting a mass-re-read done then. Should have my thoughts and reads up tomorrow morning.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

@ GB, I didn't answer N's question because I didn't want to reveal too much information and wanted to keep the scum guessing. On that note, I think N looks scummy as well. Too much sheeping. Unvoted right after others unvote.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by N »

I'm...sheeping? Did you even read Nost's post where he went through what happened before his first post? That's a lot of effort to go to if he's making it up.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:46 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 680, N wrote:I'm...sheeping? Did you even read Nost's post where he went through what happened before his first post? That's a lot of effort to go to if he's making it up.

And yet you don't unvote in your post right after he makes that effort. You only unvote after GB unvotes.

Why is that?
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

F-16, we were the only people to have unvoted other than N so I don't think it's a case of him 'sheeping others' but rather seeing Nost as town. Also I don't think 'holding back information' is a good idea at all. It's a concept I've never really agreed with; Scum already have signficantly more information than us so every piece of information we get even if they get it as well bring the ratio of information known vs information not known closer to us having the advantage.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:41 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 678, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
4nxiety, I wish I could explain this much better because it's not just a gut feeling about his posting but his entire reaction towards being lynched, and while it may be a 'don't do it' sort of appeal it's coming across in a manner where he feels desperate and alone and wants to point us in a direction after his death re; empking and that entire angle feels very town.
I already understand this side and get where you're coming from. The reason I doubt this is I have had a similar thought process as scum, where I thought taking the 'look at this person tommorrow after my mislynch' angle would earn me some towncred.

I'll start pushing a RC lynch though, hopefully there will be enough support and I won't regret it.

Still want Nost to share his other reasons for the way his reads are, like he said he would if pressed.

uncote,vote: RC
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:44 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

why RC? I'm not disagreeing with this wagon, you just hadn't eally mentioned him before.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:49 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

felt like he was buddyingup to me earlier, the way he has attacked you, and the sheep empking instead of someone like regfan feels comtrived.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:52 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

imo, sheeping regfan wouldn't have been significantly better, given his other behavior, but ok

unvote, vote RC

what's your read on Empking?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:57 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

his tone gives off town vibes
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:01 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Why would sheeping GB be acceptable and Empking not? Did you see this post? Please don't say "because it's Empking". I hate that argument generally and will refuse to dignify it.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:08 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

well you already know what I had to say about your analysis of that list of reads
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:09 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

cause regfan has a decent track record for catching scum that isn't limited to a singular list of reads?

I saw this post:
In post 665, RedCoyote wrote:If there's one policy I stick to through thick and thin, it's that I never, ever refuse any player that asks me to post my reads. I think that should be the focus of every town player: wide open communication.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:17 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yes, I know. I'm working on it.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I think that's a copout though. Reg is a good player. Empking is a good player. 4nxi3ty is a good player. You know another thing they all have in common? They can all make mistakes. Further, when there's a disagreement of a read between them in a specific game, as there is in this one, only one of them can be right.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:22 am

Post by RedCoyote »

That last part came out weird, but I'm referring to UT.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 651, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:RC, I have no issue with you taking into account your town-reads reads but the degree you're weighing them above your own is the issue I have and sure I'd love examples of you doing that as town in the past so if you remember doing so in any particular games then link me the situations. And I'd like an updated reads list from you or at least the scum->town thing you do with a little bit of reasoning behind the stronger reads. Need to understand where your heads at and see if I can follow your line of thought at all. Also I know this is an odd kind of question but can you explain what you think the difference between your scum and town meta is.

First off, I'll go ahead and repst the links again. I don't know if you saw it or not. If you don't think they apply, then you should tell me why not. I don't expect you to read the entire games (although feel free), but I'm referring to the specific point in the game that the link goes to:

Open 304: Hard Boiled (PR) Effectively allowed HN to take point on the D1 lynch. Later me and him went round and round. This just goes to show that while I will maintain my own independent reads, I'm not afraid to join wagons under the pretense that someone made a solid case where support is well deserved.

Open 284: Tit for tat (VT) Generally had a very difficult time reading players in this game. It was at least in part influenced by my like of many of the players. I wasn't particularly satisfied with my ability to get a grasp on the game, ultimately leading me to hold steady on this vote. I died immediately thereafter, but it was what I felt was the best direction at the time.

As to your third question, naturally I try to play as similarly as possible in order to avoid anyone being able to detect me as scum. It has been brought up before that I have a tendancy to play "better" as scum than I do as town. I can neither confirm nor deny that. I try to play as both alignments equally well (or appear to anyways). That being said, I've made no secret about the fact that I enjoy playing as scum significantly more than I do playing as town. Whether or not that has an influence on my overall play is subject to debate. If you are relying on it to assess your opinion of me thus far in this game, I can assure you I am struggling mightily to stay interested. Evidenced by my less-than-spectacular start and reluctance to show as much gumption as I would like.

To set the remaining players, let's go with something like this:

[
Town
]-------PlanB-Emp---4nx--JS-GB-[
]F16--N---Nost-UT---------[
Scum
]

I think adorkable's attempt at wagon analysis in post 373 was weak sounding and felt forced. She ultimately never did anything with it and just let it sit there. I'm not even sure how she gets to a DY vote based on that (if it even influenced it at all). She was also critical of me for suggesting that we should look for scum between her, UT, N, and Toon (both her and UT were), but I thought that was fine given that I suspected all of them in either case. 4nx pointed out how peculiar that adorkable sounded when discussing role possibilities. I very much agreed with that comment. Nost's replacing in has been lacking. His attempt to sneak a scumread on me and try to justify it after the fact was strange and seemingly steeped in some ulterior motive. It was almost as if he pre-planned to throw a little suspicion on me but simply forgot to make something up for it.

Unlike adorkable, UT has been completely reactionary this game. The evidence for that is here, here, and here. I don't agree with his premise that we follow DY to JS. I don't agree with him, for one, but also because I think it's a waste of time to connect the two. DY just didn't provide the connections necessary for something really meaty. His latest frustrations with Empking strike me as motivated purely on the fact that Empking suspects him. Objectively, Empking has been very accurate thus far. That's not a surefire indicator of future accuracy by any stretch, but to actively try and dismiss it is unnecessary and scummy.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:09 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

....I stated a scumread on Empking and DY as partners on Day 1 and then started pushing it Day 2 when DY flipped scum. That's more or less exactly the opposite of reactionary.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:14 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

also repeating over and over that Empking's reads are super duper accurate isn't going to make it true
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 am

Post by Nostredeus »

Meh, an RC wagon is cool with me too; I'd prefer to see Emp die first just in case RC legitimately thinks Emp has decent reads and ends up being town (unlikely) but I suppose if RC flips scum it'll confirm my reads. I'll leave my vote where it is but this is me re-affirming my intent to see one of them strung up.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:29 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Nost and UT... pals 4 lyfe <3

In post 696, Untrod Tripod wrote:also repeating over and over that Empking's reads are super duper accurate isn't going to make it true

And the inverse is true as well, my friend. You can keep repeating over and over that his reads are wrong. It doesn't make it any more true than when you cried about it the first time.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:22 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 698, RedCoyote wrote:And the inverse is true as well, my friend. You can keep repeating over and over that his reads are wrong. It doesn't make it any more true than when you cried about it the first time.
nice misrep bro. I never said they were all wrong, I said his accuracy was AVERAGE, which is the whole reason why I got on you for sheeping them in the first place

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”