Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 3.8

"You'd better clear off before my bones come back, Dobby, or else I might strangle you." -Harry Potter
"Dobby is used to death threats, sir. Dobby gets them five times a day at home." -Dobby, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Elscouta - 6 (Cheery Dog, Acosmist, AngryPidgeon, MagnaofIllusion, Kise, Yates)
AngryPidgeon - 3 (mykonian, Elscouta, jasonT1981)
MagnaofIllusion - 3 (mastin2, Nero Cain, Thor665)
Acosmist - 1 (Kublai Khan)
Thor665 - 1 (PeregrineV)
mykonian - 1 (pidgey)

Not voting - zabriel

Nero Cain, mastin2, PeregrineV, and zabriel are V/LA.

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 3 is 9 PM EST on November 30, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Post by Kise »

MoI

In post 1393, zabriel wrote:So, a little late to this party, but I seem to recall Nero Cain claiming the kill on d1. Was that already ruled crazy reaction nonsense wasn't watching, or has that just been forgotten?

Earlier, I said that although both could be town, it'd be weird for zab to make this comment about Nero if they were buddies. It's not something I see someone misremembering about their partner, even if zab was lit up at the time.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Thanks!
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2798, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So I’m unsure on Thor. Town Thor should be sheeping me like he did in Amrun’s Policital game.

Thor – why did you not sheep my awesomeness and instead voted me?

My recollection is I sheeped the wagon and multiple people on it - not just you alone.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Post by pidgey »

I have no clue as to why people prefer elscouta over myk
-----------------
Sup
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Because you've made a bad case and/or haven't repeated it enough?
That would be my guess.

Could you describe both cases to me in 2-3 sentences or so? Maybe I can spot which is more awesome.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Post by pidgey »

omg its thor

Why dont you look at my iso? Ill still give you bulletpoints:

FlipFlop on a stance on lynching tammy
FlipFlop on calling me scum/calling me town/ calling me scum (All for bad reasons)
Encouraged SK tammy to shoot scum "to prove tammy's towniness"
General scummyness
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Post by pidgey »

Elscouta's case is there i just dont agree as much as with myk
-----------------
Sup
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Your case looks pretty weak there. Gotta say.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Post by pidgey »

Not like I care to prove myself to you, especially since the 3 games i've played with you that you replaced in, you've all been scum and in each of them you refused to reread.
-----------------
Sup
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Post by pidgey »

btw its encouraged SK tammy to shoot BENMAGE THE COP lol im bad at writing
-----------------
Sup
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2809, pidgey wrote:Not like I care to prove myself to you, especially since the 3 games i've played with you that you replaced in, you've all been scum and in each of them you refused to reread.

So?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2810, pidgey wrote:btw its encouraged SK tammy to shoot BENMAGE THE COP lol im bad at writing

That's kinda the big one, Thor665. Not once, not twice, not three times, but 5 different posts after Benmage claimed cop with a guilty on Tammy and Tammy claimed dayvig.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:30 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2794, Elscouta wrote:If you have questions or requests for info, please tell, but "pressure"? for what?

For that response.

Unvote: Elscouta

Can you link to two games where you were scum for me? Thanks in advance.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:46 am

Just a reminder for those not paying attention ....

In post 2800, pappums rat wrote:
The deadline for Day 3 is 9 PM EST on November 30, 2012.[/b][/color]

Deadline is in approximately 60 hours. Unless you want to be scrambling right at deadline it's probably best to consolidate wagons now.

I'm on Els but would support wagons on Mykonian, Zab or Nero also.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:06 am

Post by Elscouta »

In post 2813, Yates wrote:
In post 2794, Elscouta wrote:If you have questions or requests for info, please tell, but "pressure"? for what?

For that response.

Unvote: Elscouta

Can you link to two games where you were scum for me? Thanks in advance.

You won't get much there. The only game where i was mafia, i replaced into a spot that had been selected for investigation before i came.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13336

On another note, I am kinda puzzled that the wagon on me went off pretty quickly, while the one on mykonian didn't, and (as far as I understood) the most important point on the case against me is "refused to take a stance on scum-mykonian". I'd like people that are voting me and didn't want to vote mykonian to explain their thoughts.
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2812, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 2810, pidgey wrote:btw its encouraged SK tammy to shoot BENMAGE THE COP lol im bad at writing

That's kinda the big one, Thor665. Not once, not twice, not three times, but 5 different posts after Benmage claimed cop with a guilty on Tammy and Tammy claimed dayvig.

What was his stated justification for that?
Because that almost seems too blatant to possibly come from scum to my mind.

In post 2815, Elscouta wrote:On another note, I am kinda puzzled that the wagon on me went off pretty quickly, while the one on mykonian didn't, and (as far as I understood) the most important point on the case against me is "refused to take a stance on scum-mykonian".

Hurm.

@MoI - as someone okay with the Myrk lynch, does that synopsis hold water in your opinion?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:39 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2812, Kublai Khan wrote:

Meaning that if tammy was town, she should have shot the fakeclaiming cop. However, if she was scum, benmage flipping would confirm her as scum. If she were scum, she couldn't kill benmage, if she was town she had to.

I thought she was town.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

That makes decent sense to me, especially in light of her Day 1 shot.

Why would you presume scum would be willing to tank another of their players to kill the Vig though? Why not just shoot the Vig?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:06 am

@KK
– How’s that Acosmist reading coming? Oh, did you forget you said you would do that and instead just wanted to come and active lurk?

--

Els wrote: On another note, I am kinda puzzled that the wagon on me went off pretty quickly, while the one on mykonian didn't, and (as far as I understood) the most important point on the case against me is "refused to take a stance on scum-mykonian". I'd like people that are voting me and didn't want to vote mykonian to explain their thoughts.

I’d like to hear why you posted this given you’ve indicated not one iota of Mykonian suspicion before your wagon got momentum and were calling him an 'easy lynch' earlier today. Trying to distance? Far too late for that to be effective.

--

Thor wrote: Because that almost seems too blatant to possibly come from scum to my mind.

Thor wrote: @MoI - as someone okay with the Myrk lynch, does that synopsis hold water in your opinion?

Not really. First he’s short selling the cases and points made against him and given it is within 3 days of deadline his ‘astonishment’ about his wagon finally getting momentum is pretty dubious.

Dog, here are some links for you to look at with a quick summary of why Els is under suspicion.

– he’s interested in having mastin’s 1v1 explored more even though he knows it isn’t a good idea. His explanation was effectively “it would give me data” but he’s yet to give an details about what sort of data he thought he would get.

– Calling people scum and not voting while his vote was idle.

– This is a good read IMO. Here I dissect how his 2465 is not from a town perspective at all. Note in that post he floated the “Myknonain is an easy target” concept that he never provided any evidence as to why he thought it to be true. Compare that now with his “Hmmm, why did Mykonian’s wagon not take off like mine” recent post. You would think if Mykonian was the easy target Els tried to portray there he would not be saying “Why didn’t he get wagonned more?”. Indication he isn’t coming from a place of saying what he believes but making arguments to fit the circumstances … aka scum.

– Nice dissection of how Els’s attempt to float that my suspicion of him is OMGUS is clearly fabricated crap.

– A general show that his stance on mykonian (He’s done nothing to be Town or Scum) and his 1v1 stance are scummy.

I think that should be enough reading material for you on Els as scum.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:26 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2818, Thor665 wrote:That makes decent sense to me, especially in light of her Day 1 shot.

Why would you presume scum would be willing to tank another of their players to kill the Vig though? Why not just shoot the Vig?

There was a no kill N1.

Day one play by tammy mostly. Couldn't believe she was scum either. She was my nr1 townread.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:40 am

Post by mastin2 »

Thor wrote:Was he just on a focused SK hunt, or what? Seems like a Dayvig that shoots scum should be scum's problem - why'd she get lynched at all?
My point exactly--she
shouldn't
have been lynched.
The only reason she was is because Benmage was an arrogant idiot,
Spoiler: benmage rambling
(yes, Benmage, I am calling you out--you lost a game which DC gave you the chance to win by immediately voting without a second thought in lylo, ignoring Occam's razor with regards to setup design. You might have once been a good town player, but right now, I hold very little respect for you--you might earn it back in a future game when you prove you can actually put aside your ego and accept you're not a scumhunting god, and/or actually get reads which are consistently good*, but until I see it for myself, I hold none)
the scum wanted her dead, there were a few idiot-town on there, and deadline was coming up so there was no viable counter-wagon. (Also, we couldn't get a consistent counterwagon. Aco/pidgey/MoI were all attempted, with none of them getting quite enough support.)

But you're completely correct--it WAS the scum's problem.

Thor wrote:But why is attacking a cop openly scummy?
Have you seen how Benmage is now dead?
How he died last night, despite being a claimed cop?
How he died last night, despite N1 having no deaths at all? (Which strongly suggests protective PRs are present.)

That
is why. Throwing doubt on the cop is a perfect way to ensure that the cop is not protected by protective PRs. And despite how much I don't respect Benmage right now (Benmage, read the spoilers, please?), a cop is still a cop, to be protected so they can get more results. The fact that he died anyway suggests that either the scum had a way to kill him through protection (Strongman), or that he wasn't protected. (It can't be 'cause the protective role was blocked, since the scum RB is already dead.) If the latter, then MoI accomplished his job quite well, no?

Spoiler: more for Benmage
*Your one good read that game was LV. You lynched Leon, who was obvtown to everyone dead, you spearheaded the charter lynch, and you voted Evan immediately in lylo. 1/3 is NOT a good record. At
best
, that's average. Then there's this game, where you appealed to fear and focused on lynching a serial killer--not scum. That was your one and only real read. Tammy-as-scum, your result. You might have had other reads, but you were so focused on Tammy that they've been completely lost to the town. Even if Tammy HAD been groupscum, that level of obsession over pushing her would obfuscate your other reads, and you should be aware of the problem that'd present, for people to think that was your only true read.
So you might be raging at me for saying the above now, but I'm only saying it because I WANT you to be better, Benmage. I WANT to hold respect for you. I WANT for you to be that scumhunting god. It's just that right now, with your current play...you're not.

I hold no grudge. I might be a bit bitter, but I've had far worse experiences, so your play doesn't bother me. It's that I just wish it were better than it is now.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:41 am

@Thor
- Actually here is another reading assignment. This one revolves around mykonian's play re: Tammy

- I think it will be enlightening.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:52 am

In post 2821, mastin2 wrote:That is why. Throwing doubt on the cop is a perfect way to ensure that the cop is not protected by protective PRs.

Dear god is this stupid. Your premise is that Benmage wouldn't be protected because I asked him to confirm he wasn't gambitting (and despite your "casting doubt" Appeal to Repetition that is exactly what I did). After we lynched a Serial Killer.

Do you seriously write these things and believe them?

The only way he wasn't going to get protected is if there was any doubt left about the veracity of his investigation. Players like Nero had floated the concept of him being a MafiaRoleCop. So the only way he wasn't going to be protected was not lynching Tammy (and confirming she was scum).

So his death actually means more likely scum has a Strongman ability of some sort, any Town protective roles were idle overnight, or said protective roles were morons.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2824 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2820, mykonian wrote:
In post 2818, Thor665 wrote:That makes decent sense to me, especially in light of her Day 1 shot.

There was a no kill N1.

Day one play by tammy mostly. Couldn't believe she was scum either. She was my nr1 townread.

1. That's probably why I talked about a Day kill.

2. Hurm...

Intent to hammer Elscouta, claim pl0x

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”