Open 465 - Wot's... Uh the Deal? (Game Over! Town Win!)

Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:14 am

Post by Adam-12 »

Shrimp, I need to ask you a serious question. If you want to help the town find scum, I am asking you to please answer it.

Would you be able to make the following statement: "I"m not a total newb because I've played alot of Mafia in r/l and have been hanging out on this site."

Vote Count

Pirate Mollie (L-4):
ProHawk
ProHawk
Shrimp85 (L-4): Adam-12, ProHawk

Mantis (L-4): Pirate Mollie
Adam-12 (L-4): Shrimp85, Guile

Not Voting: Code, Levi, Mantis, Mala, Adam-12

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is Monday, December 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM EST
Last edited by Majiffy on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:18 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 123, Shrimp85 wrote:Adam, I already explained what my vote was.
It started off half serious, because I don't like people that jump early RVS wagons, definitely not when the wagon is one that is claimed to be a serious vote way at the start of the game.
So it was half serious, because I could not really understand how someone could seriously vote so early on.
It seemed too silly to be the case, so I assumed the vote was sarcastic.
Is this so hard to understand?

When the vote seemed to be a serious one, that's when mine turned serious, because that would mean that pirate mollie purposely joined a serious vote in RVS stage.
Meaning pirate mollie was creating a wagon based on so little information.

Is this clear?

You claim to have experience in this game, but I really can't see that in your gameplay.

not really, cos malacat said that it was a serious vote to start with. I voted levianthan to see what would happen and clearly stated that.

I play on sites where d1 is typically 24 hours I hit early and I hit hard before some dummies try to start a bw on me cos they ate bad pizza or some stupid shit. I also try to find town too as much as I try to find scum. sometimes that happens with a vote.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 am

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 122, Shrimp85 wrote:First off, I want to say that mantisdreamz seems to be the only one understanding why and what I did. you can see that in post post 87.

His posts are full off useless questions.
In post 89, Adam-12 wrote:Not at all. In both cases valuable information was concluded from that question.

Where is this valuable information?

It showed me that Levi was town for example.

adam-12 wrote:Levi is obviously town, his explanation proves that whereas Shrimp's explanation proves he is scum.

The point is that the original case on Levi IS a good reason to vote (the only problem is Levi is town).

Now Levi IS obviously town?
Why?

Hawk very well pointed out what I also believe about Levi: His playstyle precludes the motivation to stall a Q/T. This is also further brought out by his defense post.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:26 am

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 86, Adam-12 wrote:Which reminds me:

@Mollie: Why did you switch your vote from Levi?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:33 am

Post by Adam-12 »

When the vote seemed to be a serious one, that's when mine turned serious, because that would mean that pirate mollie purposely joined a serious vote in RVS stage.
Meaning pirate mollie was creating a wagon
based on so little information

Did you read the link Mala posted about this? He NAILED scum doing this.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:33 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 128, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 86, Adam-12 wrote:Which reminds me:

@Mollie: Why did you switch your vote from Levi?

cos shrimp looked scummier at the time. duh.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:34 am

Post by pirate mollie »

eta: and I switched my vote to mantis a few minutes ago are you going to try to paint that as some sort of dumb scumtell as well? lol
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:37 am

Post by Adam-12 »

You never explained your vote for Shrimp in the first place. So how did he look more scummy?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:47 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 132, Adam-12 wrote:You never explained your vote for Shrimp in the first place. So how did he look more scummy?

in post #25 he looked like he was hedging his bets; offering up a rvs vote yes leaving wiggle room for it to turn serious. which is exactly what he did.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:48 am

Post by pirate mollie »

*yet
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:49 am

Post by Adam-12 »

Ok, based on all this posting from Shrimp I think his mindset is clear when he voted for Mollie and I think he really believed it. I can even support his vote, after a fashion.

When I ISO'ed what I thought was his sitewide posting history earlier I thought I found a condemning quote from him but upon going back to try and find it again, I can't find it. I had several pages open at the time and was also working. I'm not sure who the quote was actually from but its not from him.

This means my case on him has evaporated.

I'm sure someone will say something like, "Oh, look he votes you and you cave" or "The wagon dissipates and you hop off" but I really don't care. The most important thing is the integrity of my play.

I need to digest the recent flurry of posts and re-read the day to find a new direction.

Unvote
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:51 am

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 133, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 132, Adam-12 wrote:You never explained your vote for Shrimp in the first place. So how did he look more scummy?

in post #25 he looked like he was hedging his bets; offering up a rvs vote yes leaving wiggle room for it to turn serious. which is exactly what he did.

Ya I think we both saw that. I think he has adequately explained it as well.
Shrimp85
Shrimp85
Goon
Shrimp85
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:20 am

Post by Shrimp85 »

Adam-12 wrote:Would you be able to make the following statement: "I"m not a total newb because I've played alot of Mafia in r/l and have been hanging out on this site."

I can see what you are doing here.
Since I said that you didn't read my other games, you decided to read it now, most likely not even further than the second post, and
mis-quote
what I said. Besides, what I said in that game is out of context in this game.
No, I don't believe that makes a player experienced, I was saying that I was not a complete noob.
Now, this on it's own confirms my read, you are now going out of your way trying to link anything to me being a scum.
You're not trying to hunt scum, you're trying to portray me as scum.

Adam-12 wrote:It showed me that Levi was town for example.

Here you still don't answer my question, you just state that his answer shows you he is town...how does it do so?

Adam-12 wrote:Did you read the link Mala posted about this? He NAILED scum doing this.

I have read this post, but this is a different game, why are you so fond of pulling other games into this one.
Just because Malakittens nailed scum doing so in one game, doesn't mean it's some kind of glitch in the game and will always work.
Town can also accidentally log in later.

pirate mollie wrote:not really, cos malacat said that it was a serious vote to start with.

That's the whole idea of sarcasm.
I read it as sarcasme, is it so unbelievable that a post like this can be seen as sarcasme?post 14
Please read it again.
piratemollie wrote:I play on sites where d1 is typically 24 hours

Well, this is not one of those websites, the only thing town has in it's advantage is time, so lets use it wisely, and not try to quicklynch.

pirate mollie wrote:and why is this exactly??? in the 2 years we have been playing together the only time you try to leave me out to rot is when you are scum.

VOTE: mantis

Mollie, seriously, this is another OMGUS vote... Do you always just vote people because they vote or suspect you?

pirate mollie wrote:cos shrimp looked scummier at the time. duh.

So, can you explain who you have scum reads on, and why?

pirate mollie wrote:I have teh prohawk as town!!!!

May I ask why?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:41 am

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 137, Shrimp85 wrote:
Adam-12 wrote:It showed me that Levi was town for example.

Here you still don't answer my question, you just state that his answer shows you he is town...how does it do so?

It got me to ISO him and see his level of experience, and him to confirm it in thread.

In post 31, leviathan93 wrote:mafia talk time? they can do that? I thought you could only do that during a night thing. and go where mollie? hasn't the game just started? as for being on the sight, I'm always on the sight or at least I always have the sight on tab on my computer even if i'm sleeping. that way its easy access to follow my games and see who post what and I can be updated faster and respond quicker.

This post just totally nails it.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:46 am

Post by pirate mollie »

Well, this is not one of those websites, the only thing town has in it's advantage is time, so lets use it wisely, and not try to quicklynch.

lol, wtf, who is trying to quick lynch here pretty sure the only person talking about that is you. placing votes is a great way to feel people out is this your first mafia game or what.

In post 137, Shrimp85 wrote:Mollie, seriously, this is another OMGUS vote... Do you always just vote people because they vote or suspect you?

if mantis were town she would be trying to feel me out by asking me direct questions not what my summary was at this point. her soft fos is icing on the cake.

In post 137, Shrimp85 wrote:So, can you explain who you have scum reads on, and why?

well so far I have placed my vote on scummy looking players and I am pretty sure that I have explained them except for yours right away. you are in my unsure pile.

In post 137, Shrimp85 wrote:May I ask why?

this is your first decent question so far and it also contradicts question #2 since obviously I do not OMGUS and automatically get sus of whoever votes me!

it is a gut read but I did like his "are you the watcher or tracker immune ack ack ack" post. it looks town motivated to me.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:33 am

Post by guille2015 »

I like Mala's posts up to this point.

Quite a bit of pages last night. Good information.

Vote Adam

It seems like he is focusing all his attention on shrimp, especially on something that was quite minor, IMO. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here after he backed down from his Shrimp crusade.

There is something more from him that caught my eye. His questions are loaded questions. I only see scum intent in loaded questions.

My runner up scummy is Pirate Mollie. This one is more gut that anything else, and that I don't see much scummyness from the other posters.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:35 am

Post by guille2015 »

@Majiffy: I like it that you place the vote counts at the beginning of the page. However, can I request that you don't update those votecounts with votes that follow it? I find it confusing. Thanks.

Trying to keep it up-to-date. If this is what everyone wants then I'll just do whatever the vote count is as of the start of the page. Gunna need to hear from some more people about it though.
Last edited by Majiffy on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shrimp85
Shrimp85
Goon
Shrimp85
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:46 am

Post by Shrimp85 »

Adam-12 wrote:It got me to ISO him and see his level of experience, and him to confirm it in thread.

But you could have just ISO'd them without asking the same question constantly.
I still can't see the use of the questions...

Leviathan93 wrote:mafia talk time? they can do that? I thought you could only do that during a night thing. and go where mollie?

I understand that this can be seen as a response from a true townie, but this can just as easily be scum pretending not to know. (or even actually not knowing, he is new.)
The whole "go where mollie?" Is also pretty ridiculous... It's obvious Pirate Mollie did not mean to go to a certain location or anything.
To me it seems more like a noob claim.

-====================================================================================================-

pirate mollie wrote: this is your first decent question so far and it also contradicts question #2

My first decent question? Me asking why you have a sudden town read on someone? It's pretty obvious someone was going to ask.
And how does it contradict my second question?
Shrimp85 wrote:Mollie, seriously, this is another OMGUS vote... Do you always just vote people because they vote or suspect you?

This is about your votes against people that vote you.
Shrimp85 wrote:May I ask why?

This is about why you have a town read...

I can't seem to understand your logic.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:02 am

Post by ProHawk »

Shrimp, The explanation is easy. Mollie has a town read on me because I am town.

Adam, its time to get back on the Shrimp wagon. He is heading down the scum-slide.

In post 117, Shrimp85 wrote:

I don't understand how you all are so confident about lynching Leviathan93 for logging in a bit later.
Leviathan93 is one of the newest players.

Don't you even see that that's not a clear scum tell? We have all day, don't try to quick lynch, it would be a waste of all the precious time town could use for their benefit.

leviathan93 wrote:aren't blacksmiths townies?

Shouldn't you know
if you're town? why did you ask?
This CAN be seen as a scum tell.

Leviathan is one of the newest players, yet should know stuff if he is town... I don't buy that half-baked attack. Shrimp, if we are on the topic of scum-slips...

Spoiler: Shrimps damming scum-slip
Shrimp wrote:
town
could use for
their
benefit.

I knew you secretly wanted to exclude yourself from our elite group.

In post 122, Shrimp85 wrote:
In fact, my read on Leviathan93 has increased mainly because of these posts.

And a big
FOS on Leviathan93

You could have fooled me...

In post 139, pirate mollie wrote:

lol, wtf, who is trying to quick lynch here pretty sure the only person talking about that is you. placing votes is a great way to feel people out is this your first mafia game or what.

^QFT

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shrimp85

Spoiler: Scum-Slip Confirmation
piratemollie wrote:I play on sites where d1 is typically 24 hours

Well, this is not one of those websites, the only thing
town
has in it's advantage is time, so
lets
use it wisely, and not try to quicklynch.

So now you want to join our elite town group? Yeah, definately a scum slip.

And this is only the tip of the iceberg.
Shrimp85
Shrimp85
Goon
Shrimp85
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:31 am

Post by Shrimp85 »

Prohawk wrote:Leviathan is one of the newest players, yet should know stuff if he is town...

Even the newest players should be able to know wether they are town or not, we all got a message like that (except scum).

You think I'm scum because I phrased things differently?
shrimp85 wrote:town could use for their benefit.

This is not a scum slip.
shrimp85 wrote:We have all day, don't try to quick lynch, it would be a waste of all the precious time town could use for their benefit.

I was simply trying to explain that time is the only power town has. (including vote)
I always speak about town in third person. There's no need to say it in a 'we ' kind of way, since there is no way I could prove to you I am town other than dying.

I understand why you voted me, but really, you're dead wrong on this one.
And how is this "only the tip of the iceberg" ?

By the way, it's like you skipped all the stuff going on, and only focused on my so called scum slip.
Do you have any other reads?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 am

Post by ProHawk »

Yeah you=scum. You often include yourself when referring to town, except in your slip. So which scum guy are you?
Shrimp85
Shrimp85
Goon
Shrimp85
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:55 am

Post by Shrimp85 »

prohawk wrote:Shrimp, The explanation is easy. Mollie has a town read on me because I am town.

Just to make this clear, you might be town, yes.
But only
you
can know this for sure.

So when someone suddenly calls someone else town, I would want to hear why they think so and so are town.
Because just as it is important to get a scum read,it's important to get a town read too.

Only I got the answer
pirate mollie wrote:
it is a gut read
but I did like his "are you the watcher or tracker immune ack ack ack" post. it looks town motivated to me.

Which to me is not enough confirmation.

Prohawk wrote:Yeah you=scum. You often include yourself when referring to town, except in your slip. So which scum guy are you?

Trust me, this kind of approach is only gonna get you townie after townie lynched.
I am not scum, I am a townie.
There is nothing else I can say on this matter.

-======================================================================================-

By the way, I just realized this while skimming through ISO's...
Pirate mollie, did you seriously just claim to be a PR? post 66.
NEVER, I mean, NEVER do that...
And WTF Prohawk, I can't believe you just posted that. Post 68
You are seriously asking her to give her PR role out?

You two are messed up...
Well, you know what... I guess we'll see wether or not Pirate Mollie is indeed a town.
If tonight she does not get lynched, then bet your ass she's mafia.

And Prohawk, you have been playing since July, you have the most experience in this game technically.
Why would you post something like that?!
Shrimp85
Shrimp85
Goon
Shrimp85
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:58 am

Post by Shrimp85 »

(I realize Guille, code-x and Mala have been on this game for longer, but still, Prohawk, you have more experience in this game than most of us )
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 am

Post by ProHawk »

You see things that aren't there, what does that tell you?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:30 am

Post by ProHawk »

Bah... just realized that if Shrimp honestly thinks post 68 is role-fishing a PR, he prob is obv-town. But good heavens man, you should really read things a bit more closely.

UNVOTE: Shrimp
VOTE: Mollie

Sorry Mollie, yer still not off the hook.

Return to “Completed Open Games”