CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:48 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I'm pretty sure we shouldn't revive lordy...
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:01 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

ROFL! A Vote Count!

Tamuz- 4 (lordy, Yosarian2, M4yhem, themanhimself)
Mr. Cesar- 1 (Mr. Cesar)
yellowbounder- 1 (yellowbounder)
chaotic_diablo- 1 (CrashTextDummie)

Not voting (5): Tamuz, Twito, Thoth, chaotic_diablo, al_kohaulec

7 to revive. A Yosarian2 vote is a vote wasted.
#greenshirtthursdays
lordy
lordy
Goon
lordy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:07 am

Post by lordy »

Im pretty sure that was an OMGUS
\back after months away from the game.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:30 am

I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

You have displayed an extraordinary negative attitude so far. The only player you really supported was Tamuz, appart from that you have done nothing but shoot down attempted townie wagons.

You're very quick to throw out accusations. Is there actually any reason to call my behaviour scummy? I'd love to hear that argument. With your second to last post, you very conveniently bundled me and two other players together into a supposed scum group in an attempt to keep all of us from reviving. You've made a point to bury M4yhem as well.

Why do I think this is scummy? Because it's in the best interest of the town to actively look for town players, and it is not in the best interest of the town to bury players for all eternity. I'm not saying we should not be looking for scum tells. We obviously shouldn't vote for someone we think is scum. But all lordy is doing is spreading distrust amongst the town, instead of making an effort to actually revive a town player.
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:33 am

Post by Twito »

First of all sorry for inactive I'm back from my whole weekend lasting party and yesterday I went to sleep right after school and didn't have time to get on comp.

Secoundly I don't have time to read the new replies.

I don't think I should be revived yet I'm simply too inactive atm with my internet broken from home.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
lordy
lordy
Goon
lordy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:05 pm

Post by lordy »

CrashTextDummy wrote:You guys are all sissys. Let's bandwagon chaotic_diablo and Mr. C and get this day over with
You call me a sissy. Is that a valid accusation in a mafia game?
Im not for voting people with no reason. You have provided me no reason to vote for them. And I dont see why anybody would support Mr.Caesar for revival, mainly because he has been screaming "VOTE ME" all over. If i did that would you vote me?

So you want to revive without reason? Sure, go ahead and play the scum way.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:11 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

CrashTextDummie wrote:You guys are all sissys. Let's bandwagon chaotic_diablo and Mr. C and get this day over with.
You too, have fallen on to my "Not voting for" list.

I believe we'll also have a 4th person we end up reviving (actually decided on by the first three revived) before we actually enter night. I could be wrong though.

And yes, I mentioned that plan, I first mentioned it because I was looking at a way that a claim could benefit us. I was not saying we should do it at first, merely mentioning it. I am not saying we should do it though. I am fairly certain we have at least one sane cop (very doubtful of any more
sane
cops) and other than that I really don't know. Even if we had the roles we were looking for and the plan could work just how I said it, the things that could easily go wrong is a godfather that's immune to investigation, as Yos mentioned, or a fakeclaim by the mafia which would put a snag in the plan.

CDT, remember this about Mr. C. He could be hinting at being a power role. Now let's assume he is one. We revive him, but he doesn't claim, we don't know for sure. He's revived, but we probably won't have a doc. Night hits. Mafia kills Mr. C. BIG power role dead. So even if Mr. C. is protown, how do we benefit from his revival on the off chance that we do happen to also revive scum?
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:19 pm

Post by Thoth »

lordy wrote:And I dont see why anybody would support Mr.Caesar for revival, mainly because he has been screaming "VOTE ME" all over. If i did that would you vote me?
How often when someone said in a game 'Please do this now, I can/will not explain until later' was it wrong to do so? In my experience it's almost always good to follow.
al_kohaulec wrote:CDT, remember this about Mr. C. He could be hinting at being a power role. Now let's assume he is one. We revive him, but he doesn't claim, we don't know for sure. He's revived, but we probably won't have a doc. Night hits. Mafia kills Mr. C. BIG power role dead. So even if Mr. C. is protown, how do we benefit from his revival on the off chance that we do happen to also revive scum?
I'd prefer a power role alive over one in limbo. Otherwise we have to guess when a doctor will be alive and it is safe to revive and we risk either the doc getting killed before this or the doc still in limbo when we finally do revive. When revived now there's also the fact that should we also revive scum they can not kill yet (as outlined in the rules). So he gets to use an ability at least once and maybe more if scum cannot kill the next night.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:16 pm

Post by M4yhem »

CrashTextDummie wrote:You guys are all sissys. Let's bandwagon chaotic_diablo and Mr. C and get this day over with.
Aye aye, Mr.Dummie, Sir!

Unvote, Vote:Mr.Cesar

IT’S ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Fos:All you Sissys

I’m pretty sure that the last time Crash was scum, and I accused him of being scum, he reacted by calling me scum and building what looked like a credible case against me. Hmmm. Eeenteresting.

Anyway Crash, is being negative a scumtell? I had assumed that scum would be nice, because they want to be revived and avoid suspicion. What do they gain by being negative about people?

I’m pretty sure that I could be accused of ‘spreading distrust’ about the town. And I’m pretty sure that I’m protown.

Unfortunately, saying bad things about M4yhem is not a scumtell, although it really should be. Maybe I’ll petition to have it included in the wiki.

Having said all that, it’s true that Lordy is not being wildly helpful; but the same could be said about you. I know you have the capacity for reasoned arguments so how come you are acting so flaky?

Al- Yup, you’re wrong. Three players alive = night one.

As for your anti-Cesar argument, Thoth has already ripped holes in it. For the record, I agree.

Thoth- In my limited experience, scum say that as often as town. Usually only when their heads in the noose though.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

M4yhem wrote: I would consider reviving Mr.Cesar, but not today or tomorrow.
M4yhem wrote:
Aye aye, Mr.Dummie, Sir!

Unvote, Vote:Mr.Cesar

:?:
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:42 am

lordy wrote:You call me a sissy. Is that a valid accusation in a mafia game?
Of course it is.
lordy wrote:So you want to revive without reason? Sure, go ahead and play the scum way.
You still have not provided a valid reason for why my playstyle in this game is supposedly "the scum way". All you say is that you won't revive people without a reason and that you won't revive players with no support. In no way have you even attempted to explain why my plan is so anti-town. On the other hand, my point still stands: You are sabotaging well-spirited town-revivals and you can't even come up with a reason.
al_kohaulec wrote:CDT, remember this about Mr. C. He could be hinting at being a power role. Now let's assume he is one. We revive him, but he doesn't claim, we don't know for sure. He's revived, but we probably won't have a doc. Night hits. Mafia kills Mr. C. BIG power role dead. So even if Mr. C. is protown, how do we benefit from his revival on the off chance that we do happen to also revive scum?
This has got to be the most ridiculous reason not to revive someone ever. What's your plan, champ? Leave all the power roles in the safety of limbo untill they don't matter anymore? We don't know what role, if any, Mr. C has. According to his word, he HAS to be revived. Why, we don't know. The mafia doesn't know either, so they don't know if he is worth a hit. Therefore, he's a pretty perfect revival candidate, if you ask me. There are only two reasons I hear to justify not reviving him, and they're both flawed

1. He could be mafia/he's probably mafia based on his playstyle:
I don't think so. There has been very little support for him (none, before I threw the idea out there), but there are a suspicious amount of people willing to bury him.

2. He wouldn't be of any use once he's revived/he would screw up in the voting process:
At the current moment, I don't trust any of you guys to show good judgement upon revival. There are those with generally good ideas and those with generally bad ideas, but no one in this town seems to really have a good grasp of the game right now (myself included). And of course, there are those who are purposely deceitful. So while we have no indicator of where Mr. C stands, thinking that he would be bad at voting just based on that would be foolish. I could deny my vote to every single player on the basis that I don't trust their judgement.
M4yhem wrote:Having said all that, it’s true that Lordy is not being wildly helpful; but the same could be said about you. I know you have the capacity for reasoned arguments so how come you are acting so flaky?
I am helpful. I'm trying to revive a pro-town player.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:40 pm

Post by M4yhem »

You have a question for me, Yosarian old pal? :wink:

What is it?

CrashTextDummie:

Sissy? Is that some new breed of bad guy? Cause otherwise Lordy is teh right.

You say that you're trying to revive a protownie, but how do you know Mr Cesar is protown? For all you know his buddies might be 'burying' him because of the way he's acting. As for not trusting other's judgement, that's why we need to revive someone who will listen to the rest of us; Mr Cesar has not exactly got a shiny record in regards to listening.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:31 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I was wondering when, and why, you had changed your mind that Ceaser shouldn't be revived "today or tommorow".
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:29 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Screw this. We either revive someone or not, I'm tired of the stalling.

vote tamuz
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:31 am

Post by M4yhem »

Yos- I found Crash's arguements believable and compelling.

C_D- We
have
to revive someone. It's not like we have a choice. I'm ready to hammer Tamuz once he gets to six votes.

Need to hear from the lurkers really.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:33 am

M4yhem wrote:I'm ready to hammer Tamuz once he gets to six votes.
I'm loving how you call that a hammer. [/modtalk]
#greenshirtthursdays
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:38 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

I know that we
have
to revive, but at the rate we're going, we'll never reach that point.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:02 am

Post by M4yhem »

Zomg!!! Teh mod is talking to me!!! I must be special!!!1

What should I call it, a remmah?

Yos-Fine, I'll give you the real reason, in a feeble attempt to restart conversation. I voted for Mr.C to see how the rest of you would react. Unfortunatly the reaction was pretty much apathy, which doesn't tell me much.

C_D- True enough. Not my problem though; I've already said that Tamuz is my second best choice for revival and nothing's change since then. We just need one more person to vote for him.

Would the people not voting (Tamuz, Twito, Thoth and Alky) please do one of the following things, or give a detailed reason why you won't do any of them:
Either
a)Vote for Tamuz
b)Explain what needs to happen/what questions need answering before you vote for Tamuz
c) Suggest an alternative choice with lots of detailed reasoning behind it, and explain what makes this choice a better choice than Tamuz for today.

*Twiddles thumbs*
No voteswitch yet. I what to be the remmah! (or stepladder, jaws of life, forceps, whatever you want to call it.)
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:16 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Tamuz is on my list of players I'd like to see revived, so I will

Vote: Tamuz
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:33 pm

Post by Tamuz »

So yeah, well I think I don't need explaining this at this point. Although yes I do understand that it is contrary to my statement that I won't vote for our self-voters.

vote: Tamuz
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:35 pm

Post by M4yhem »

As promised,
unvote, Vote: Tamuz

Hammer!

Hey if you and Yos are scum, don't keep us in the dark, ok? tell us immediately.
lordy
lordy
Goon
lordy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:34 am

Post by lordy »

unvote, vote tamuz
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:35 am

END OF DAY VOTE COUNT:

Tamuz- 7 (Yosarian2, themanhimself, lordy, chaotic_diablo, al_kohaulec, Tamuz, M4yhem)
yellowbounder- 1 (yellowbounder)
Mr. Cesar- 1 (Mr. Cesar)
chaotic_diablo- 1 (CrashTextDummie)

Not voting (2): Twito, Thoth

And with that you revive
Tamuz

It is now
Day 0.75
. Once more you must revive one player to make them alive. You may not vote for Yosarian2 or Tamuz, who are already alive.
#greenshirtthursdays
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:35 am

Post by Tamuz »

Yos, can I get a list of where you stand on everyone?

Like with catagories: I would revive, I wouldn't revive, undecided (or equivolents).

Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Sure...

Would revive:
Alko. I really think it's likely he's town at this point.

Might want to revive eventually (slight pro-town feeling):

TheManHimself: Again, don't necessarally want to revive him right away becuase he's claimed roleblocker, but my gut's telling me he's probably pro-town. Don't really want to revive him before day 1, but probably will at some point later.

Chaotic Diablo: Not as sure as I was about him earlier, but he still looks slightly more pro-town then not, dispite that one point of contention we had early in day .5

Thoth: He almost falls into the lurker catagory below, but while he hasn't posted that much, I get a somewhat good feeling from his posts.

Need to hear more from/lurkers:
Lordy
Yellowbounder
Twito

And I see no reason to revive a lurker at this point.

Probably won't revive:

CrashTextDummies: Some lurking, and I don't like the way he was pushing for Mr. Ceaser yesterday, with helpful comments like "you guys are all sissies." If Ceaser does turn out to be a good guy, I might change my mind on Crash, but if Ceaser is scum then Crash needs to stay in limbo.

M4yhem: He could change my mind; he's been acting a bit more pro-town lately, but I'm still remembering some scummy behavior from him early on.
Also note that he also had a somewhat odd looking vote for Mr. Ceasar.

Won't revive (unless something changes):

Mr. Cesar. I don't like how he's contribued nothing and yet people have been voting for him. Several people have voted for him for very weak reasons, which makes me wonder if scum are trying to find an excuse to get one of their own in.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”