Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:37 am

Post by Acosmist »

UNVOTE: , VOTE: Yates
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:47 am

Post by Elscouta »

Not caring to argue with MoI anymore - if any town want additionnal explanations, plz say so and i will provide them.
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:48 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Why Yates, you have hardly mentioned him? I am getting the feeling this is partly OMGUS for his post 2400 where he pointed out your inconsistencies.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:52 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Yates wrote: No you are misinterpreting. I didn't say you were ignoring Acosmist, I said you ignored the discussion about the Acosmist lynch. Specifically, you never said anything about this post or this post or this post or really anything concerning the Acosmist train that went into motion on page 71.

So I haven’t commented on events that happened prior to . Maybe that’s because I haven’t read anything except excerpts from ISO prior to Page 74 as I previously said. You find that odd? Why? No-one has said “Hey MoI what do you think of the Acosmist wagon that started on page 71?”

You want my comments on those posts of yours?

Yates wrote: We know we have to deal with the PGO eventually. Our claimed PGO has not been a strong Town player. We don't want a no lynch. I think the claimed PGO lynch is the better play.

This is scummy given there was a guilty on Tammy and you mention nothing about Acosmist being scummy but just ‘not strong’. We already are clear that we disagree on the Tammy lynch and I find this reasoning suspect. I'd like to know what your standard of "not strong" is since given the lack of scum lynches so far I don't know that you can call any Town player (other than Ben, who is dead) as being strong today.

Yates wrote: That may or may not be true. My question is simply; wouldn't you rather HAVE that extra day kill?

Assuming a 3 person scum team w/ an SK, look at it like this:
D2 - we kill Tammy [she flips whatever]
N2 - Scum kill Town
D3 - Hooray! Ben lived and got a guilty! [lynch scum]
N3 - Scum kills Town
Best case: down 2 Town, 1 scum, 1 unknown

vs.
D2 - we kill Acosmist [he flips whatever - and we deal with the PGO claim]
N2 - Scum kill NC Town
D3 - Hooray! Ben lived and got a guilty! [Tammy kills scum]
D3 - Hooray! Another Town role saw who killed NC [lynch scum]
N3 - Profit?
Best case: down 1 Town, 2 scum, 1 unknown, and take care of the Tammy "problem" Day 4

What comment do you expect other than – this is a pointless comparison based on a large number of assumptions meant to show that your way is better when those assumptions don’t make much sense. For example – how is the “Tammy problem” taken care of in the second scenario given she isn’t lynched?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:52 am

Yates wrote: No you are misinterpreting. I didn't say you were ignoring Acosmist, I said you ignored the discussion about the Acosmist lynch. Specifically, you never said anything about this post or this post or this post or really anything concerning the Acosmist train that went into motion on page 71.

So I haven’t commented on events that happened prior to . Maybe that’s because I haven’t read anything except excerpts from ISO prior to Page 74 as I previously said. You find that odd? Why? No-one has said “Hey MoI what do you think of the Acosmist wagon that started on page 71?”

You want my comments on those posts of yours?

Yates wrote: We know we have to deal with the PGO eventually. Our claimed PGO has not been a strong Town player. We don't want a no lynch. I think the claimed PGO lynch is the better play.

This is scummy given there was a guilty on Tammy and you mention nothing about Acosmist being scummy but just ‘not strong’. We already are clear that we disagree on the Tammy lynch and I find this reasoning suspect. I'd like to know what your standard of "not strong" is since given the lack of scum lynches so far I don't know that you can call any Town player (other than Ben, who is dead) as being strong today.

Yates wrote: That may or may not be true. My question is simply; wouldn't you rather HAVE that extra day kill?

Assuming a 3 person scum team w/ an SK, look at it like this:
D2 - we kill Tammy [she flips whatever]
N2 - Scum kill Town
D3 - Hooray! Ben lived and got a guilty! [lynch scum]
N3 - Scum kills Town
Best case: down 2 Town, 1 scum, 1 unknown

vs.
D2 - we kill Acosmist [he flips whatever - and we deal with the PGO claim]
N2 - Scum kill NC Town
D3 - Hooray! Ben lived and got a guilty! [Tammy kills scum]
D3 - Hooray! Another Town role saw who killed NC [lynch scum]
N3 - Profit?
Best case: down 1 Town, 2 scum, 1 unknown, and take care of the Tammy "problem" Day 4

What comment do you expect other than – this is a pointless comparison based on a large number of assumptions meant to show that your way is better when those assumptions don’t make much sense. For example – how is the “Tammy problem” taken care of in the second scenario given she isn’t lynched?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 am

In post 2476, Elscouta wrote:Not caring to argue with MoI anymore - if any town want additionnal explanations, plz say so and i will provide them.

"Shit I'm busted ... going to take a page out of mykonian's book and stop being killed on facts and lurk it out"

Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:54 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 2477, jasonT1981 wrote:Why Yates, you have hardly mentioned him? I am getting the feeling this is partly OMGUS for his post 2400 where he pointed out your inconsistencies.

Why are you fighting Yates's battles?

Why don't you do some thinking of your own?

Why don't you vote Solid Snake again because this is a Harry Potter game?
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:57 am

Post by Elscouta »

In post 2480, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 2476, Elscouta wrote:Not caring to argue with MoI anymore - if any town want additionnal explanations, plz say so and i will provide them.

"Shit I'm busted ... going to take a page out of mykonian's book and stop being killed on facts and lurk it out"

"Shit i gave MoI a way to shit up the thread again. Let's make sure everyone catches up, can see clearly that MoI post don't make sense, and wait for people to say what was unclear in the exchange."
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:59 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 2474, Yates wrote:Also - I wrote this note earlier but haven't had a chance to post it and don't want to forget:
In post 1603, Tammy wrote:Jesus. I'm Johnny Sasaki.

In post 2318, pappums rat wrote:Tammy was Fatman

I think it is safe to assume scum have fake claims if the 3rd party had a fake claim.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy

Moderator: pappums rat

Dragon Ball Z: Saiyan Saga Mafia

Moderator: pappums rat

Hello, Yates, you are Vegeta, Mafia Godfather.

Your fakeclaims are:
Krillin
Tien
Chi-Chi

Rings utterly false.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:03 am

In post 2474, Yates wrote:I think it is safe to assume scum have fake claims if the 3rd party had a fake claim.

Yes, Acosmist is quite right that this is very, very forced. Yates played in a game under Pappums where he was given a fake-claim as scum. So pretending that this is some sort of revelation only upon Tammy's flip is suspect.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:05 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 2481, Acosmist wrote:
In post 2477, jasonT1981 wrote:Why Yates, you have hardly mentioned him? I am getting the feeling this is partly OMGUS for his post 2400 where he pointed out your inconsistencies.

im not fighting yates battles, I am asking you a question as to your vote. Very defensive there, aren't you?
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:05 am

Post by Acosmist »

Since people here are shockingly dumb and make me want to retreat to the warm, comforting confines of my logic books, I'm going to have to be explicit. Maybe I'll have to use small words. Because otherwise, some enormous semantic argument that people don't want to have (but totally want to have, since they don't drop it) will occur.

So, the above post: I am not saying Yates knows or suspects there are fakeclaims because he has one. (He does, because he is scum).

I AM saying that his reason for thinking fakeclaims exist is that pappums had them before and Yates of ALL people would know that, since he tried to make so much hay out of his claim in DBZ. (Didn't work, because I nailed him).

So his reason for saying that is false.

A reasonable process of thinking is as follows:

pappums put fakeclaims in before. I'll be on the guard for them here.

Oh, SK fakeclaimed. Yep, confirmed what I already thought. Hey guys, look at this! Confirmation!

Instead, Yates is intentionally misstating his thought process. He wants to hide that he ALREADY THOUGHT there were fakeclaims because he's worried that will lead to some suspicion on him. So he can't admit the real reason for thinking them, which, hilariously enough, is not scummy on its own.

zabriel would be a great lynch too.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:06 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 2485, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 2481, Acosmist wrote:

im not fighting yates battles, I am asking you a question as to your vote. Very defensive there, aren't you?

And if I'm defensive...so what? I'm not scum, so what the hell do I care if I ping your retarded scumdar, Mr. Harry Potter game?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:06 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2478, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So I haven’t commented on events that happened prior to Page 79 where I replaced in

Please. 1855 and 2248 were both posted after you came in - and those are just "for instance" posts. The Acosmist train was brought up in discussion and referenced after you came in as well. So don't give me that nonsense.

This is why people get annoyed with you, MoI. Misplaced snark is not fun.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 2484, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 2474, Yates wrote:I think it is safe to assume scum have fake claims if the 3rd party had a fake claim.

Yes, Acosmist is quite right that this is very, very forced. Yates played in a game under Pappums where he was given a fake-claim as scum. So pretending that this is some sort of revelation only upon Tammy's flip is suspect.

Read latest post to see where I make this explicit because I am absolutely sure someone is going to say "HE'S NOT SCUM FOR THINKING FAKECLAIMS EXIST!!!!!!!" because we have a special needs game.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:10 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2486, Acosmist wrote:So his reason for saying that is false.

Really? You think this has nothing to do with the fact that people were questioning name claims earlier [Solid Snake, for example]? :roll:
Please pm me to pre-in
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:13 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2471, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Third we have the opinion that Mykonian is an ‘easy lynch’. How is someone who joined Mafiascum in 2008 and clearly isn’t a VI an easy lynch? That fails to make any logical sense. So this is just trying to smear my scum-hunting on mykonian in any way he can.

This one is easy to show. I get mislynched often and early.

I'm not an idiot. I know what I say is making sense. I am a very logic person. Further, when I get correctly lynched as scum, it's late in the game. I know how to avoid lynches if that's the goal of my game. The one time I got PGO, I knew how to be a nightkill target, when that was the goal of the game.

When I'm trying to work out who's scum and who's town, when selfpreservation is not the goal of the game, but making the right decisions and creating opportunities for scum to mess up is, I'm a lynch target. Because I don't care that I stand out. Up to a point I enjoy it, because I know how people react to me, while scum might not know how I play. And before you mention it: standing out and getting reactions is different from playing scummy intentionally. I don't make plays that affect my side negatively.

If you are a dragon, I think I'm an elephant. I'm not subtle or refined, I'm a big target, and generally when I fall, I make a big thump. :)
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:15 am

In post 2488, Yates wrote:Please. 1855 and 2248 were both posted after you came in - and those are just "for instance" posts. The Acosmist train was brought up in discussion and referenced after you came in as well. So don't give me that nonsense.

This is why people get annoyed with you, MoI. Misplaced snark is not fun.

Again - why do you specifically say things that aren't true? I replaced in (as in made my first post) at . If you want to dispute that be my guest but it only proves you are either very stupid or scum. Which is it? Were you outright lying above?

Furthermore what is your point again? You've kept moving the goalposts in this conversation. I replaced in and directed my focus where it needed to go - resolution of the Tammy guilty (lynch, as it should have been) and finding scum going forward. Acosmist was NEVER a viable lynch from the moment I replaced and yet you act as if it was some major event. If he had been viable maybe he would of, you know, gotten some votes during the period I was here Day 2. Yet nope.jpg ... that didn't happen. And furthermore I've already demonstrated via linking to the KK-Me conversation that I did comment on the case on Acosmits made by KK and that it was crap. So I'm trying to work out exactly what huge conclusion you would be drawing from this conversation if Town. And I'm not seeing it.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:30 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2451, Yates wrote:He back peddled on his claim to pretend he had the ability to kill a Day Vig/Day SK

I must have missed that? I'll skim for it. Context is everything I guess.

In post 2468, mykonian wrote:No, you don't need sleep for things like this. I see this so often, in every kind of game. The more excuses you have to make for someone, the more likely he's scum. Simple as that.

wow, dat reaching. And nice way to step into Yates Vs MoI. Do you want Yates to vote MoI or not? Or are you just trying to get MoI to focus on him instead?

In post 2471, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Third we have the opinion that Mykonian is an ‘easy lynch’.

I'd like an answer to this. Why is Mykonian an easy lynch? Hes not at all a noob and IIRC the only people super into this wagon are me/MoI.

And how has MoI not been doing anything? He has made at least a couple Mykonian cases and keeps calling for votes on him.

In post 2478, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
This is scummy given there was a guilty on Tammy
and you mention nothing about Acosmist being scummy but just ‘not strong’. We already are clear that we disagree on the Tammy lynch and I find this reasoning suspect. I'd like to know what your standard of "not strong" is since given the lack of scum lynches so far I don't know that you can call any Town player (other than Ben, who is dead) as being strong today.

So you are going to say that everyone off the Tammy wagon was scummy? I mean I agree that Elscouta/Mykonian/KK are, but I don't think being on either side of the Tammy fence is a good alignment indicator.

Ok this game is going faster than I can post. The only wagons I can support tight now are Mykonian/Zabriel/Elscouta. Prefer first two over Elscouta right now.

2491 is the biggest waffle I've ever seen. Guys, we are somehow derping harder with
Mastin on Vla
. Finger of shame on everyone here.

@MoI: Acosmist was the leading counterwagon when you replaced in.
@Yates: MoI said he thought Acosmist was probably town. Why would MoI necessarily comment on his lynch then? He clearly wanted Tammy and didn't want Acosmist. I think this technicality is similarly pedantic to Acosmist's point on you re fake-claim spec. Don't you?
@Mykonian: Read on Elscouta? Remind me why you are voting MoI?
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:32 am

Post by Acosmist »

Yates is lying. Lynch all liars.

Yates why can't you just shut up as scum? This is too damn easy.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:32 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2492, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Again - why do you specifically say things that aren't true?

Why are YOU saying things that aren't true? You replaced in at [quote="In post 1946.

Seriously you're right, I didn't remember which post you replaced in during. You WERE here for 2248, though, and you WERE here when these points were being brought back up. I will admit that it lessens the validity of my point from earlier as I thought you were here for the bulk of that discussion.

In post 2492, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So I'm trying to work out exactly what huge conclusion you would be drawing from this conversation if Town.

This goes back to what I had perceived as an inconsistency in theory. If you were against keeping Tammy [who you had marked as scum] alive to test the PGO claim only to risk a potential Town to test it later I had a case to make.

Obviously, the case is withdrawn since I was mistaken about the timing surrounding certain events.

As to this assertion:
In post 2484, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Yes, Acosmist is quite right that this is very, very forced.

I have already had to relink direct quotes to Tammy claiming she WOULD test the PGO and that she WOULD kill based on majority vote because people were arguing to the contrary even after she had posted she would. So I wanted to put the fake claim business to bed.
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:32 am

Post by Yates »

In post 2494, Acosmist wrote:Lynch all liars.

Okay. You lied first so we'll lynch you first and go on from there. Deal?
Please pm me to pre-in
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:32 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 59, Acosmist wrote:
In post 43, Benmage wrote:Hmmmm.. *train wheels moving*

@Acomists
why did you feel the need to open claiming?

Are you serious?

Anyone who targets me for any reason will die.

This is just standard play for my role, to protect town power roles.

Why
wouldn't
I claim, and immediately?

Lynch. All. Liars.

CONFIRM FOREVER VOTE: Yates
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:33 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 2496, Yates wrote:
In post 2494, Acosmist wrote:Lynch all liars.

Okay. You lied first so we'll lynch you first and go on from there. Deal?

1v1, buddy. I have no problem getting lynched today to see you die tomorrow.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:34 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Where did Yates lie?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”