ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:13 pm

Post by ibaesha »

MBL wrote:I'll be VERY surprised if neither of {Fuldu, Ibby} are scum. I'll also be surprised if both are.
Stick with that and remember it once I'm gone.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:14 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Huh? What did I do?
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:14 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Oh and MBL, why don't you put your vote where your mouth is if you're so convinced I'm scum? Everything you're doing is from the perspective that I am.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:53 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ibaesha wrote:I believe I addressed every single one of those people in an earlier post. So your accusation is that because I didn't go after every lurker in this game, I'm scum with them? Good work there. That's heavy thinking. Please.
"earlier post" meaning an hour ago after I posted:
MBL wrote:You've called ME out for lurking three or four times, Ibby, even though I've posted more than all of those people. Now the question is, did you and the others who took potshots at one or two lurkers SELECTIVELY avoid a few other lurkers...
So my accusation is that you treated Pooky, armlx, mmod, Col. Kurtz and Max with kid gloves, yes. While going after Harry and I five or more times each. Statistical anomaly. Do you just love Pooks too much to throw an FOS his way? You're probably not the only one...
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:27 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Yup. I do love Pooks that much. :D

I went after you because it's you and I expected more of you than armlx, mmod, kurtz, and max. If you're town, I expect you hunting scum and you were doing -nothing-.

I went after H_P originally for lurking + the post where you voted for him. I thought that you either A) had incriminating info on him or B) were throwing a buddy under the bus as you like to do.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:33 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Why didn't you comment the morning after bluemonick tried to out you as his scumpartner? I'd have figured you'd be furious.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:48 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

bluemonick wrote:Ok if that's what you believe, you guys Lynch me already.
Max wrote:What BLUE Monick says he wants to be lynched

seems scummy

I sense a claim
Max wrote:we're 3 from lynch does bluemonick realise that
Max wrote:vote: bluemonick
This is not typical Max behavior. Max looks for any excuse to hop aboard, not wait several days and three posting opportunities before reluctantly putting bm at -1. This is "Max is avoiding lynching his scumpartner" behavior.

I tend to think Loudmouth Lee(Max) is scum. Besides, the Paragon of Mafia Hunters would have stepped up to the challenge by now.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:52 pm

Post by ibaesha »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Why didn't you comment the morning after bluemonick tried to out you as his scumpartner? I'd have figured you'd be furious.
I figured his entire play was idiocy, including when he went after me. I also knew he wasn't referring to me since I am -not- his scumpartner. Why would I be furious when I know that's not the case? I was looking at Fuldu as the best possibility there.

Already said that I believe LML is scum and why I think that. Glad you agree.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:11 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

seems scummy

I sense a claim
This is not typical Max behavior. Max looks for any excuse to hop aboard, not wait three days and three post opportunities before giving bm what he begged for. This is "Max is avoiding lynching his scumpartner" behavior.

I tend to think Loudmouth Lee(Max) is scum. Additionally, the Paragon of Mafia Hunters would have stepped up to the challenge by now.
================================================================
Uraj wrote:Coron's basically been invisible this whole time. And invisible is bad.

Vote: Coron
(three days pass)
Unvote Coron
He's talking now which is basically what I wanted.
Oh? I'd figure you'd want him to address the accusations you made when you voted him. Which he didn't. He just said he "must have had some other criteria" since he picked a subset of the BJ wagon, but he gave no further explanation. And you unvoted him for that? Maybe you never thought he was scum in the first place...
Uraj wrote:
Vote ibaesha
. Here's why.
(buses scumpartner)

FOS: MrBuddyLee
. You seem to be pulling this word "indifferent" out of your ass, because it certainly doesen't describe any of the three people you mentioned. And if you think this fire and brimstone act of yours is helping anything you're quite wrong.

Finally, I'd really like to hear from LML and Pooky soon.
So you find ibaesha suspicious enough to vote for, and you FOS me, the person on her ass right now. That makes a load of sense. And then you DISCOURAGE me from getting into the game with "fire and brimstone"? I'd think you'd be excited to see a fellow scumhunter diving in with sleeves rolled up...

And then you send out a signal flare for backup from your other two scumpartners.
guys... heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp...
Too funny.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:29 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Still waiting for that vote, MBL.

And if Uraj is scum, he's not bussing me. However, he is defending his partner Fuldu.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:54 pm

Post by Fuldu »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Those top five have lurked HIDEOUSLY this game. Fuldu and Max lurked pretty badly. You've called ME out for lurking three or four times, Ibby, even though I've posted more than all of those people. Now the question is, did you and the others who took potshots at one or two lurkers SELECTIVELY avoid a few other lurkers...
Oh, now this is just precious. I won't deny that you've posted a greater number of times than I have; that's probably true of many players in many games that I've been in. However, I like to believe that the quality of my posts dramatically exceeds yours. If nothing else, the average length of one of my posts is substantially greater than yours. So if you want to call me out as not having contributed sufficiently to the game
in a game where I'm under suspicion
because
I made the argument that lynched our only dead scum
, I think I'm going to have to call bullshit.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:25 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

bluemonick wrote:first of all, we got to figure out how many mafia groups there are and try to target them, breaking them up.
OK, was this quote from confirmed scum ever discussed? I'm gonna take this noob at face value, and hypothesize we probably started with two scumgroups of three and an SK for a total of 7/25 scum. Bluemonick's two partners are still alive and the other scumteam of three is intact.
bluemonick wrote:I tend to agree, he's seems less of an "investagator" in this particular game and more like 'laying back'.

Im feel comfortable:
Unvote, Vote: Yosarian2
A noob choosing to single out a player like Yos based on a playstyle history he knows NOTHING about is curious.
bluemonick wrote:To me both of you(Ibby and Yos) are Suspiciosus right now, and seem to be working as Scum Partners. I already voted for Yosaiain2 so:
FOS: Ibaesha

And this is the main reason I voted for Yosaisin2 but didnt explain it then all of a sudden people start to bandwagon me for no apparent reason than "I seemed to agree with so and so to easily". Im sorry I just didnt explain myself better.
This looks like a baldfaced lie. So why did he vote Yos in the first place? And why'd he single Yos and Ibby out? I'm sorely tempted to believe Yos and Ibby were bluemonick's scumpartners.

Watching Fuldu react to bluemonick's meltdown, (replacement calls out the fact there are multiple scum groups, then attacks his scumpartner) it almost looks like Fuldu spots the utter disaster about to happen and decides to launch the S.S. Bluemonickbus. It's really tough to say, but there are clearly some nervous reactions to bluemonick's implosion. (And bemused reactions from Pooks and other members of the opposite scumteam.)
Colonel Kurtz wrote:I am always against townspeople adopting the "alright, then lynch me" attitude when they have a case against them. I think this is scummy. Since my earlier vote didn't count because I screwed up the tags...
unvote thesilentspeaker, vote bluemonick
This is scummy behavior by Kurtz(mathcam). He implies bluemonick is a townsperson giving up, and says it's scummy and votes to lynch. I'm guessing he's on the opposite scumteam with LML and Pooky.

And there's this gem, just about the only question Max asked anyone, smashed in between flippant remarks.
Max wrote:Yos Have you lost your role now your room is gone
Max wrote:I'm saying did your role change when you moved room
Yosarian2 wrote: Is there any specific reason you think it'd help if I say what my role is at the moment?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Max shows an unusual curiosity here--as if he had been the bomber or, less likely, a partner of Yos's who knew what his role was.

Worse, Yos is in the process of grilling lordy for fishing (Yos grilled Spamwise for fishing earlier as well) yet Yos treats Max here like a country gentleman despite the utter blatant nature of Max's fishing attempt.

So with five-ish scum out there on two separate teams, they're looking to knock off easy townies but they also really need to knock off members of the opposite scumteam before they get hit themselves. If there really are two scumteams, we're not at as much risk of massive scum-led wagons since all five of them aren't voting as an aligned unit.

In sum, I think the most likely scum are:
Pooky
Max(LML)

quite possibly:
Kurtz (Uraj)
Yos
mathcam
ibby or Fuldu

Apologies for the scattershot, but there's a lot to work with.

Ibby, I'm not in a voting mood right now, I'm just gettin started understanding this game.

Fuldu, rather than take potshots at my fluff from June-August, how about responding to some of the ideas I've laid out here tonight?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:41 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ibaesha wrote:Still waiting for that vote, MBL.

And if Uraj is scum, he's not bussing me. However, he is defending his partner Fuldu.
Why wait when you could be commenting on all this scattershot bullshit I'm chucking out there?

Two scumteams. Whaddaya think? And who looked nervous as bluemonick was imploding and implicating you?

What do you think of Yos?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:26 am

Post by mathcam »

MBL wrote: This is scummy behavior by Kurtz(mathcam).
Just for the record, Kurtz is Uraj, which you got right later in that post. I think of all non-me people in this game, Ibby is most likely to be pro-town. No offense, Ibby, but I just don't see her coming up with that explosion post a couple of pages ago if she weren't actually town. It felt very genuine. Also, MBL, I'm not sure you really deserve credit for having posted more than people who are already dead.

Also, MBL, I agree completely with your post 881. LML and Fuldu are at the top of my suspicion list, both for their involvement with bluemoinck and his apparent outing of his partner.

Ibby: I thought it was pretty clear that given the already ample confusion about who was what, that it would be simpler just to give the role information of who could talk with each other, rather than trying to explain which players could talk with each other at various times.

Cam
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:10 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

mathcam (2): Coron, MrBuddyLee
Coron (1): TheCesspit
TheCesspit (1): Mastermind of Sin
MrBuddyLee (1): Fuldu
Fuldu (1): ibaesha
ibaesha (1): Uraj45

Not Voting: armlx, Harry_Potter, LoudmouthLee, mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, spectrumvoid, mathcam, Yosarian2

8 to lynch

I'll make sure LoudmouthLee posts this weekend or gets replaced.
Success breeds suspicion
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:13 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Cam,

Two scumteams? Sound about right? Do you see any scumhunting or wagoning behavior that has the hallmark of 2,3 instead of 5 scum remaining?

Do you find Uraj/Kurtz scummy?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:23 am

Post by mathcam »

Right, I meant to mention that. Two scum groups seems pretty plausible, given three kills (including the SK's) the last couple of nights. It does, however, make the 1-kill night 1 pretty bizarre, so maybe an over-eager vig who was responsible enough not to use his ability night 1 could be responsible.

In fact, bluemoinck's question about how many scum groups there were came on day 2, right? So either he knew that his scum group killed Blackberry and thought they were the only scum group (and hence was trying to be sneaky by asking the question), or he knew his killed didn't happen and thus knew there was another scum group. I'd lean toward the latter, imlpying thw wto scum groups.

I don't find Uraj/Kurtz more scummy than anyone else at the moment, but I also don't have my game notes with me to look back at things I've found scummy about them so far.

Cam
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:49 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok...lot of stuff going on now, which is a good thing. I'll try to comment on as many points as I can; if there's any other points people want me to specifically comment on, I'll be glad to do so.
MrBuddyLee wrote: The next day, no one talked about the strange goings on at the end of yesterday. I imagine it had been the hot topic amongst scum the night before:

(a)"Wow, he tried to set up pro-town Ibby, at least he went out half smart."
or
(b)"Wow, he tried to take you out, Ibbs. What a complete jackass."
So...you think blue's "one of my scum partners turned on me" comment was directed at Ibby? Interesting theory. I don't really think that makes a lot of sense, though, as I can't imagine him being angry enough to turn on his scumbuddy voting him if they were scum partners and he had just been trying to distance himself from her. Either the comment by blue was an attempt to confuse the town, or else if he really was that mad at his scum-buddy for turning on him, then he probably did not understand the idea of scum distancing tactics at all.
Fuldu wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:MoS has just demonstrated that he actually reread the thread. In light of everyone else's apathy, I choose to see that as a pro-town move on his part. Nice work mang.

Particularly in light of the above quote, but more generally because MrBuddyLee has spent the entire game complaining about lurkers, player apathy, and the incoherence of everyone else's arguments without bothering to offer any real substance of his own, I'm increasingly convinced that he's scum.

vote: MrBuddyLee

I agree with MoS's comments on TheCesspit, who I was uncomfortable with back on Day One, but subsequently began to trust again. I may consider shifting my vote over there, but for now would prefer this.

Finally, I'm still waiting to hear from LML. Not so much because I'm concerned that he's lurking and more because he usually provides a valuable perspective.
I think MrBuddyLee is actually acting very pro-town right now. He's right that the game isn't heading in a good direction (I must be in too many games right now, I hadn't really noticed how much trouble the town was in until he pointed it out), and he then tried to start a fire under the town and get the town moving in a better way. Not the way I would see a scum acting at this point, especally a scum under next to no pressure.

I also think he had some very good points about Max/LML
MrBuddyLee wrote: And there's this gem, just about the only question Max asked anyone, smashed in between flippant remarks.
Max wrote:Yos Have you lost your role now your room is gone
Max wrote:I'm saying did your role change when you moved room
Yosarian2 wrote: Is there any specific reason you think it'd help if I say what my role is at the moment?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Max shows an unusual curiosity here--as if he had been the bomber or, less likely, a partner of Yos's who knew what his role was.

Worse, Yos is in the process of grilling lordy for fishing (Yos grilled Spamwise for fishing earlier as well) yet Yos treats Max here like a country gentleman despite the utter blatant nature of Max's fishing attempt.
Well, I would expect every person in the game was curious about what happened to my role after the mod said in game that my office was blown up. I know I would have been, if it had happened to someone else. So I wasn't especally bothered by Max, and later Mathcam, asking me about it; I didn't think it was a good idea to answer, but the question didn't bother me.

There is a good point there though, though; I suppose that that kind of curiosity is unusual for max, and it is possible that he (or, perhaps Mathcam, although that seems less likely) was the bomber or was in a scum group with the bomber and was trying to find out how effective the role was.

MrBuddyLee wrote:

seems scummy

I sense a claim
This is not typical Max behavior. Max looks for any excuse to hop aboard, not wait three days and three post opportunities before giving bm what he begged for. This is "Max is avoiding lynching his scumpartner" behavior.

I tend to think Loudmouth Lee(Max) is scum. Additionally, the Paragon of Mafia Hunters would have stepped up to the challenge by now.
And this is an even better point against him. Looking back, I just realized that the only post LML made was
LoudmouthLee wrote:I'm here. Let me thumb through the pages. Expect my first post of content tomorrow or wednesday.
And that more then two weeks ago.

ibaesha wrote:...and Yosarian has been questioning me in a manner that implies either: he is suspicious of me or he is trying to cast doubt on my actions.
Actually, neither. In general, you're not very high on my suspicious list, although that dosn't mean I'm not interested in poking you for reactions of course. My main goal of trying to clarify all of that stuff about "BJ lying", though, was different; if BJ did, in fact, lie about his role, then mathcam would have known that, and then that would have competly justified mathcam's suspicious behavior yesterday involving the BJ wagon. However, if that single post I quoted was the only thing you are speaking of when you say that BJ "lied" about his role, then I'm feeling pretty good about the mathcam bandwagon.

vote:loudmouthlee
At the very least, we should put some pressure there until he starts posting, and Mr Buddy Lee is right that Max looked rather scummy

fos:mathcam
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Harry_Potter
Harry_Potter
Goon
Harry_Potter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:51 pm

Post by Harry_Potter »

Either Yos isn't reading the game, or he's trying to look helpful while accomplishing nothing. The host just said LML will either post this weekend or be replaced. That has to be the worst vote I've seen cast this game.

I also don't like MBL's behavior as he seems to be posting a lot of "here is what so-and-so said/did" The result is that he ups his post count without actually saying anything. I think he's adding himself to his own lurker list in the hopes to look townie. *shrug* Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but my vote could go either place right now.
Show
Record on this site-
T/M/N- 2/1/0
W/L/T- 1/1/?
NK/L/S- 2/1/0

Games Completed- 2
Games in Progress- 3
Survivor Mafia- dead
Evolution Mafia- alive
Jack of all Trades Mafia- alive
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:49 pm

Post by ibaesha »

MBL wrote:Two scumteams. Whaddaya think?
I thought about this actually. I came to the conclusion the kills signified either two scum groups or one + vig/sk. I think your posts about two scum groups and who might be what are worth looking at. Even though you're incorrectly implicating me, I think you're onto something.
MBL wrote:And who looked nervous as bluemonick was imploding and implicating you?
Care to re-word this? I'm not sure what you mean. I know I certainly wasn't nervous since I didn't even consider he might be implicating me in any way. If he was, he was implicating a town-member in hopes that they'd get suspected for it later.
MBL wrote:What do you think of Yos?
I have found myself agreeable to his actions and thinking throughout the game. I've stated this. I think he's followed me some and also been agreeable to me. If Yosarian is scum, I would consider his actions towards me up until today to be pretty blatant buddying up. I'm not sure if that's a tactic that he employs though and I'm also not sure that he would employ it so obviously if he was scum. InHim seemed to have issue with him, which I still don't really understand, but I don't want to dismiss either. This is especially true because Yosarian is ... well tricksy.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:50 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Harry_Potter wrote:I also don't like MBL's behavior as he seems to be posting a lot of "here is what so-and-so said/did" The result is that he ups his post count without actually saying anything.
Hmh, so posting my observations on relationships between people is "not actually saying anything". Pointing out deathmonick's comment on multiple scum groups isn't adding to the game? Noting Max's behavior is different from usual, or that people NOT WAGONING MAX is WAY different than usual... that's not helpful either?

If you're town, maybe let us townies know what kind of posts you find helpful, cause you sure don't lead by example.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:59 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Harry Potter: I completely disagree that MBL is not saying anything in his recent posts. While he was guilty of non-content in previous days, the most recent posts have contained quite a bit of thought as to the possibilities of who scum is based on past events. He is asking probing questions and drawing possible connections. I'm not happy with the fact that he's continually gone from the perspective that I -must- be scum. Even from that perspective though, I think he is possibly moving in the right direction. I find your dismissal of his posts to be suspect as if you're attempting to downplay the subject matter he's bringing forward.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:35 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'm back. Just give me a while to do a read of what happened.
Blank.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:55 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Harry_Potter wrote:Either Yos isn't reading the game, or he's trying to look helpful while accomplishing nothing. The host just said LML will either post this weekend or be replaced. That has to be the worst vote I've seen cast this game.
(shrug) I think he's looking very suspicious right now, so I'm voting for him. I never said we should hammer him before he shows up or gets replaced, if he or his replacement has a defense or a claim or some thoughts about the game I'd like to hear it, but I'm certanly not going to
avoid
voting someone just beacuse they're lurking; that'd just be dumb.
I also don't like MBL's behavior as he seems to be posting a lot of "here is what so-and-so said/did" The result is that he ups his post count without actually saying anything. I think he's adding himself to his own lurker list in the hopes to look townie. *shrug* Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but my vote could go either place right now.
Without actually saying anything? He's pointed out the luirkers, and has attacked several people. I know he's wrong about some of his suspicions; he's certanly wrong about me, and I don't really see why he's suspicious of Ibby, but nonethless he could hardly be accused of not actually saying anything.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:14 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Yosarian2 wrote:I know he's wrong about some of his suspicions; he's certanly wrong about me
You know, eh? Which other suspicions do you KNOW I'm wrong about, and why? I was under the assumption that you're in a powerless office.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”