NY 160: Terrible Melodrama Mafia (Game Over)

Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by Demon Core »

Scummy people:
N (not acting like a townie being wagoned, is pretty much keeping his head down in response to pressure)
Piggy (already been over this)
UT (Law&Order tell)
Red Coyote (he just is)
adorkable (posting is too snipey for my liking; insists on sitting on and inconsequential wagon without really advancing it)
Toon Fighter (for GB's reasons)

There's too many people on this list... D:
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Just for fun and giggles, who's everyone's top scum read when I flip town?
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

I always prefer not to lynch PRs until at least D2 preferable, yet I have seen some games where they have turned out to be scum.
@Mod
My vote is still on Cleutus, does that mean we can have a site wide lynch of him....
But I still am liking my vote where it is, the only time I saw any activity on this slot was when I started questioning him, and since then he's kind of fallen away, even the replacement has had 24+ hours to get back and he still hasn't (I know I am not one to talk though). Other than that currently I am seeing nothing realy about either of the main two wagons, although if I had to choose one I would say Piggy has been more scummy overall but I will probably do a wall at some point tuesday/wednesday (I did not realise how close the deadline was oops...)

And @Piggy, the same as it is now F-16
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

DC, if I lynch scumPG15, will you love me again?
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

Piggy, you say if Nero is town that he's very likely to be night-killed while at the same time stating that you're not going to follow Adorkables plan to watch Nero because you want to watch someone that's likely to die. It's a massively contradiction, if you wanted to watch someone likely to die you'd have no issue watching Nero. But we'll leave that for now and instead focus on explaining the following to me; You state that lynching an un cc'ed pr is 'blacklist worthy' and that you'll 'quit' if it happens yet are content lynching Nerocain who is an un cc'ed pr because you 'think his claim is fake' so how is that different from people believing your claim was fake earlier? It doesn't make any sense nor does it work and it means you're guarenteed to be lying one way or another, either that you think uncc'ed prs are non-lynchworhty and you're breaking your own rules or you think they are lynch worthy and lied when you stated such earlier as an attempt at emotional manipulation.

DoomYoshi, we're Senjai, or at least his replacemnt, he seems to have siteflaked. Also meta is the most effective tool to scumhunt with, some people (Maguatroll) would argue that without meta scumhunting is near impossible. Meta gives you a baseline of what to expect from someone, how active they are as scum or town, what their posting style is like, what their reaction towards pressure is as both alignments. You'll find that a lot of town or scum-tells people use on people are actually incorrect and are non-alignment indicative playstyle indicators for players and metaing them allows you to work out what parts of their play are null-tells and what aren't. I'd rather not go google hunting so if you could just tell me the name of sites you've played mafia at elsewhere that'd be much appreciated.

Toon, our scum-read on you is much more than just 'interaction-based' that's just one element of it and not sure how you could take it as being the whole thing if you read our paragraph on you. It also has to do with the fact that you threw down a vote on Senjai then continously justified it with actions that happened after the vote had occurred always changing the reasons. It's not a genuine scum-read on him at all but rather you just doing your best to maintain your prescene on his wagon. Similarily your 'I have a scum-read on Piggy' 'Someone tell me why to vote her' isn't something that makes sense, if you're happy to vote her and have a scum read on her you wouldn't need others reasons to convince you to do so. Long story short none of your scumhunting comes across as genuine at all and the fact that you're treating Nero and Piggys claims differently in the sense that you're going 'Leave till tomorrow' and 'Lynch!!' makes no sense.

Demon, if you have 'too many suspects' you should remove RC, he's town and you're just paranoid of him.
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Post by Demon Core »

VOTE: Piggygal
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 1.15

PiggyGal15 (8)- F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Untrod Tripod, Nero Cain, 4nxi3ty, Empking, Gentlemen Bastards, Toon Fighter, Demon Core

Nero Cain (2)- Plan B, PiggyGal15
N (2)- RedCoyote, DoomYoshi
F-16_Fighting_Falcon (1)- JacobSavage
DoomYoshi (1)- adorkable

Not voting: N

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

A lynch has been reached.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Post by DeasVail »

As always on Scum Street, tension permeated the air breathed in by its inhabitants, the leaves rustled by the wind, the asphalt road that had for too long been deprived of footsteps. It was an unspoken law that no man, woman, child or pet would make the journey from one side to the other. F-16_Fighting_Falcon, who had spent all her years at Number 3, was the only one who dared own pets, but they must have been aware of the law. As much as Untrod Tripod struggled to catch one of them out, she would never experience the sweet ecstasy of success.

Concealed in a bush next to her house, gaze fixed on Number 3, Untrod Tripod was unaware of her law being broken for the first time in 7 years. Steps cautious at first, but growing more confident with each stride, PiggyGal15 marched up to Number 6 and hammered the front door. Untrod Tripod fell out of her bush with a humiliating squeak, witnessed by all the residents of Scum Street, who had by that time appeared from their houses.
Turning around, she noticed her neighbours whispering, some barely keeping a smile from their faces.
That tramp has made a fool of me once again!

"What do you want!?" Untrod Tripod asked, struggling to remain composed as she confronted her nemesis.
PiggyGal15 responded with a playful smile.
"Well Tripy, I just wanted to say that your RedCoyote has been taking advantage of my poor DoomYoshi, and I don't want your kind mixing with my kind."
Blood flooded to Untrod Tripod's face. Her muscles grew rigid. This was even more disastrous than the event of 10 years before, the one that began it all. Her mind flashed back to the empty supermarket shelf, that same revolting smile as Piggy walked past, the last of the half-price bacon in her hand.

Possessed by a manic rage, Untrod Tripod destroyed the smile as her palm made contact with Piggy's cheek. Piggy collapsed, face drenched in blood, and would never smile again.

PiggyGal15,
Town 2-Shot Watcher
, has been lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 1. The deadline for night actions is 5pm, 15th November AEDT.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

The sun set as Demon Core trudged home, the disappearing rays of light like needles piercing the skin of his face. With each step along the hard, cracked, concrete footpath, he felt as if he were wading through mud. His wife had been brutally murdered and his son was likely off gallivanting with the son of the murderer. Unlike his beloved Piggy, Demon Core had not deluded himself into thinking DoomYoshi innocent. Indeed, he had noticed the spring in his son's step before leaving the house that morning, the dreamy look in his eyes most evenings as he returned home.
Closing the front door behind him and switching on the hallway light, Demon Core decided what must be done.

~~

DoomYoshi had noticed the darkening sky, knew that it was time to leave, but felt frozen by RedCoyote's stare. "Why don't you stay at my house for once?" RedCoyote asked after a moment.
"After everything that happened today?" DoomYoshi replied.
"Oh yeah, I guess you're right. Farewell then."
"That's awfully formal, don't you think? It's almost as if we're never going to see each other again."
RedCoyote gave a rare laugh.
"Well, you never know."

DoomYoshi set off toward his home, glancing back at RedCoyote's disappearing figure only once, not knowing that it would be the last time he ever did.

~~

The next morning, two bodies were found lying side by side just behind the front door of Number 5, each with a bullet wound to the head, a handgun lying between them.

Demon Core,
Vanilla Townie
, has been killed Night 1.

DoomYoshi,
Mafia 2-Shot Tracker
, has been killed Night 1.

With that came an end to the family of Number 5, and the other Scum Street residents soon forgot about them. However, if one looked closely, they might have noticed a dim light glowing from within the empty house, the new home of someone who would shake Scum Street up like a deodorant can.

Day 2 begins! The deadline is 29th November, 6pm AEDT.

Players alive: N, 4nxi3ty, Nero Cain, Empking, JacobSavage, Plan B, RedCoyote, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, Untrod Tripod, adorkable, Toon Fighter, Gentlemen Bastards.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Note: Nero Cain is V/LA
Last edited by DeasVail on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Post by Demon Core »

GAAAAAAAAAAH
adorkable
adorkable
Goon
adorkable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Post by adorkable »

In post 433, DeasVail wrote:DoomYoshi, Mafia

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

VOTE: empking
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Untrod Tripod
, the flips make me more certain of my predicted three man scum team.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:30 am

Only had a smallish chance to speak with Empire for about 15 - 20 minutes after the night ended, went through a lot of peoples ISOs and Doom ISO to work out who likely is/isn't partners with Doom.
Dooms interactions with Jacob pretty much confirms / strengthens him being town
due to posts such as , and his attempt at re-getting the Jacob wagon going in though that's not really needed, he's already incredibly obvious town.
It also points heavily towards Anxiety being town
as his "If I die I think X is mafia" is about Doom in alongside with other interactions with Doom such as .
It also strengthens Empking-Town
given and Dooms response in but he's more town from non-interaction stuff than interaction related stuff.

Unfortunately from Doom to UT means he's very probably town.
His 'self-preservationist play' comment leading him to 'not trust him later' really really doesn't look like scum talking to a partner at all which means that our UT-Scum read is probably wrong or at least means he no longer needs to be instantly hung and UTs response in strengthens that, Empires somewhat paranoid about him potentially being a SK - speaking of which I'm thinking it might be optimal for a vig to claim if the vig was the person that shot Doom, would give us closure over whether it's just flat one scum-team or whether we're dealing with multi-scum or a SK in the game. Would need others opinion on this though because might be slightly early for it - initial gut instinct is that holding of until tomorrow is probably optimal.

Dooms interactions actually point heavily towards F-16 (C+B) being scum
, C+B never mention Doom at all and Dooms mentions of C+B are in where he says that he understands what people mean about C+B and there might be something there, then stated the false conclusion was gotten to from other people, then stated he thought about it and there's nothing then. He really tries to decredit and belittle the case / reasoning behind people voting the slot. On a meta note, Empire says that he knows F-16s play fairly well and I was following along his town play in Stratego mafia and a few of his other town games, he's very active as town, very commited and very determined to get in and help and while he only just replaced in three - four days before yesterdays deadline his catch up post of "I'll get to this this evening, very looking forward to it'" is bullshit since he's been active elsewhere on the site a LOT between that post and end of yesterday and again since start of today and now and given that we got "Day started" PMs it's impossible for him to have 'forgotten' about the game.

Want to talk with Empire a bit more about N / NeroCain / Adorkable before going into them but the brief bits we spoke
NeroCain interaction wise was slightly more likely to be scum with Dooms flip
and
N was slightly less likely to be scum.
Nothing changes with Toon, he still needs death.

Adorkable:
Can you explain to us the "Told you so" attitude from the clip given that we read through you and found little to no trace of you having a scum-read on Doom at all. Closest we found was you randomly voting him as a 'placeholder vote' stating you'll get to him in the morning in and never actually following through on it at all. Also slightly unrelated question, went to do some meta'ing on you and apparently you're not a 'private hydra' but rather just Pie / Euso, is there any particular reason you've been refering to each other as 'that head' 'other head' ect. this game whereas calling yourself actual names in other games?

(Minor thing, Piggy, if you're still following along fucking claim your
full
role next time you claim, not doing so pisses me of to no end.)

Vote: Toon
- Very interchangeable with F-16 at the moment.

Pedit: Empking stop being a shitbag, actually read my posts, you'll notice that we're town and you'll notice UT as useless as he is, isn't scum.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:47 am

Post by Empking »

In post 438, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Pedit: Empking stop being a shitbag, actually read my posts, you'll notice that we're town and you'll notice UT as useless as he is, isn't scum.

Where did you say that?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:53 am

In post 439, Empking wrote:Where did you say that?

About UT? We hadn't until the post above. The "read our posts" was about us mainly, hoping you really didn't miss it because it's been mentioned more than once but we're Senajis replacement, given that he was one of 'your 3' on your list stating that you're 'more confident that the three is mafia' means you think we're scum and I think if you're actually reading our posts alongside with the game there's legitimately no way that you'd actually think that (Plus the fact that Senaji was incredibly obvtown alone which is the main reason we replaced into the game. Instead of just blindingly seeing that he 'fluff-posted' at the start look behind the motivations behind his posts and you'll noticed he was relaxed and his 'gambit' for getting a read on Toon although completely stupid was obvtown, there's a lot of other tells but that alone with our play should be enough to prove that you're wrong and at least time to start rethinking - look at our Toon scum-read and F-16 too).
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:55 am

Post by Empking »

In post 440, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
In post 439, Empking wrote:Where did you say that?

Instead of just blindingly seeing that he 'fluff-posted' at the start look behind the motivations behind his posts and you'll noticed he was relaxed and his 'gambit' for getting a read on Toon although completely stupid was obvtown

Relaxed like somebody who knows his scumbuddies have his back, but yeah, I didn't realise Senjai had been replaced. You two look town.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:59 am

Town are more relaxed than scum, scum even though they have partners know that majority is against them and have something to hide whereas town have literally nothing to hide so can play much looser. But I'd rather not get into a theoretical discussion.

What about Dooms comment towards UT and UTs response do you think make them potential partners? Because while I hate it pretty sure UTs town from it.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

eat rope, empking

Your first contribution to this game included some scum/scum interaction with a flipped scum. And I'm useless? Last time I checked, I called a scum yesterday and helped get rid of someone who would have been a tremendous burden to the town. Seems like you're mad because I'm efficient
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:00 am

Post by N »

In post 438, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:(Minor thing, Piggy, if you're still following along fucking claim your full role next time you claim, not doing so pisses me of to no end.)

Why? Would you be more likely to believe her if she'd claimed 2-shot? I personally would be less inclined to believe a day 1 claim that included how many shots. Claiming the full role makes you more likely to take the nightkill (although I see this might not be so useful d1). Scum fakeclaiming x-shot is more likely, because then they can be lazier.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:01 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

the useless thing is obviously directed at gentleman bastards too

and another thing:
if you're town, drop the shitty attitude you're displaying about having me as a town read. scum get upset when someone has connections that show a town alignment because it's one less player they can mislynch. town should be pleased to get a strong associative town read on someone.

I started to get some misgivings about my senjai town read towards the end of yesterday, and your reaction to your stated town read on me is strengthening them.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:03 am

Post by Empking »

In post 442, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:What about Dooms comment towards UT and UTs response do you think make them potential partners? Because while I hate it pretty sure UTs town from it.

That discussion doesn't look town to me. I don't think it looks scummy either; though you can justify anything (e.g. "Making a claim that only matters if an unclaimed player is a vig is a rather pointless, and is just fluff; possibly between buddies.@)
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:15 am

Post by JacobSavage »

is anyone a little concerts that they went for Demon core?
Also should NC claim who he targeted last night?
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:18 am

Post by Empking »

In post 447, JacobSavage wrote:is anyone a little concerts that they went for Demon core?

Demon "UT is scum: law & order tell" Core? Haven't given it as much thought as it deserves actually.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:20 am

UT, you're going to have to cope with me constantly being annoyed that you're probably town here because it just reminds me of your shit from Sedilla all over again.

In post 444, N wrote:Would you be more likely to believe her if she'd claimed 2-shot? I personally would be less inclined to believe a day 1 claim that included how many shots. Claiming the full role makes you more likely to take the nightkill (although I see this might not be so useful d1). Scum fakeclaiming x-shot is more likely, because then they can be lazier.

I honestly don't know, I'd like to think it'd have impacted my opinion in some way (I know that DV had a lot of limited-power roles for town in his prior game but Doon also flipping limited shot probably means that line of logic would have been wrong even if it might have led me to the right conclusion) but I rather have full information available for me to get a read based on, town withholding anything at all literally anything when at L-1 is stupid.

PEdit: Empking, the same thing could be attributed to N / Toon / RC / Adorkable.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”