ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:03 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Whatever. He lied. I didn't see a reason for him to lie unless he was scum. He could've easily said anything to the effect of their being a third without revealing who it was. Especially when asked directly and confronted about it by mathcam.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

Coron wrote:Alright, we just went back to the: not a good reason stage.

Outing more masons than will confirm you masons=bad idea unless there is only one known mason alive.

I'm fine with his play.
I'm not. He could have stated 'I can talk to certain people at night'. This would have been the truth and not outing anyone.

He didn't. I don't like the way he played, and think he could have claimed smarter. It looked like a good lynch to me. It wasn't, but I wasn't alone.

Now, why are you questioning the play yesterday? Why not question it then, rather than today now it's over and it's easier to second guess? You've been quiet and called on it, I reckon, and trying to youself look good. For what end, I don't know.

I need to jog the grey cells, but wasn't there a long finger of suspicion over mathcam ealry on Day 2 as well?
Harry_Potter
Harry_Potter
Goon
Harry_Potter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:18 pm

Post by Harry_Potter »

Ok, I went back and re-read yesterday and didn't really catch a whole lot. Obviously, I thought the BJ lynch was a good idea at the time as there seemed to be a lot of inconsistencies in his play and his claim. I also get a townie vibe from ibaesha. Then again, we all know how playing my gut has gone this game.
Show
Record on this site-
T/M/N- 2/1/0
W/L/T- 1/1/?
NK/L/S- 2/1/0

Games Completed- 2
Games in Progress- 3
Survivor Mafia- dead
Evolution Mafia- alive
Jack of all Trades Mafia- alive
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:27 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

TheCesspit wrote:
Coron wrote:Alright, we just went back to the: not a good reason stage.

Outing more masons than will confirm you masons=bad idea unless there is only one known mason alive.

I'm fine with his play.
I'm not. He could have stated 'I can talk to certain people at night'. This would have been the truth and not outing anyone.

He didn't. I don't like the way he played, and think he could have claimed smarter. It looked like a good lynch to me. It wasn't, but I wasn't alone.

Now, why are you questioning the play yesterday? Why not question it then, rather than today now it's over and it's easier to second guess? You've been quiet and called on it, I reckon, and trying to youself look good. For what end, I don't know.

I need to jog the grey cells, but wasn't there a long finger of suspicion over mathcam ealry on Day 2 as well?
Coron didn't post from Jul 31 until Sept. 16 or so. Up until his return for lurkerland, his biggest contribution seems to have been clamoring for Spamwise to get lynched, who was replaced by mathcam and still seems to be one of his top suspects. But that's another debate. He clearly wasn't here for the last day, so he couldn't have posted when the wagon was actually happening. Now, whether he lurked purposefully or on accident, that's something we'll have to determine.
Permanent V/LA.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:32 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Mastermind of Sin (1): Coron
Coron (1): Uraj45

Not Voting: armlx, Fuldu, Harry_Potter, ibaesha, Mastermind of Sin, LoudmouthLee, MrBuddyLee, mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, spectrumvoid, mathcam, TheCesspit, Yosarian2
Success breeds suspicion
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:26 pm

Post by Coron »

MoS stole my line.

Also I sware I was supicious of him before I realized he replaced my top day 1 suspect.

And about the "on purpose or accident" thing, that's a difficult question: If you mean that I did it because I didn't feel like talking, hell no. If you mean I was like "crap I'm way behind in that game I need to catch up...... next tuesday" for like a month then yes(note: actually tuesday is a bad night for me but you get the point). At no point did I actually manage to forget being in this game, so if it really came down to it, probably the proper category is "On purpose".

oh and I'll
unvote vote: Mathcam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:30 pm

Post by mathcam »

The point that made me sure that BJ was scum was this:
BJ wrote: looks like my "mason" buddy isn't ebing very helpful....
First of all, his use of the word mason was clearly with the intent of making himself appear pro-town, even though he knew very well that his role came with no such implication. Even if he was prepared later to say that he put the word in quotes to hedge his bets, it was nonetheless misleading. Seond, and most importantly, it doesn't make sense for him to comment ath Ibby wasn't being helpful...exactly how did he think she could be of any help? The implication is that Ibby should have been sticking up for him, which again is the incorrect implication that Ibby should know he was innocent. It just doesn't make sense for a pro-town player with his role to say this.

I agree that calling him out on lying for not revealing the third night-talker isn't exactly fair (but not completely dismissible either), but I think there was enough overall suspicion yesterday to make his the right lynch. Even if you think you would have seen it if you had actually been playing yesterday, do you really think that my argument sounds like something I'd concoct just to get a lynch done?
Yos wrote: Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that I'm getting more and more suspicious of you, would it?
I'm sure it does, in part, but I'm not sure what your point is here. Being suspicious of someone I know to be pro-town certainly has to be at least a small strike against you from my standpoint, no?

Cam
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:44 pm

Post by Coron »

Ibby's actions yesterday seemed to be that of "I'm pissed off I have to talk to someone other than my scum group." IMHO.

Yeah, turns out protown players sometimes claim, scummy. Mathcam, aren't you usually less suspicious of people who have a PROVEN role(other than scum). Sure a roleblocker could be a scum RB, but seriously man, seriously. By any right Ibby SHOULD have been less suspicious of him. See first line.

Can ibby talk to Inhim or was he the middle man between you two?

And it seems perfectly reasonable to me that you could "Concoct" this reasoning.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:58 pm

Post by mathcam »

Yaw, the mod, wrote:Names, alignments, and roles are all assigned randomly and independently.
Your stuck in a mindset that doesn't encompass the split role-motive theme of this game, and your role-blocker example exemplfies this. Everyone's been assigned a motive and a role
independently.
A scum role-blocker is just as likely as a scum cop, a scum doc, or a scum vanilla townie, and there's no "I don't think Yaw would do that" involved. They were assigned at
random.

So the fact that BJ's
role
is proveable has absolutely no bearing on whether or not he's town or not. That he was deliberately misleading about this role
does
have a bearing, and that was the basis for my desire for his lynch.

Cam
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:36 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

mathcam wrote:
Yaw, the mod, wrote:Names, alignments, and roles are all assigned randomly and independently.
Your stuck in a mindset that doesn't encompass the split role-motive theme of this game, and your role-blocker example exemplfies this. Everyone's been assigned a motive and a role
independently.
A scum role-blocker is just as likely as a scum cop, a scum doc, or a scum vanilla townie, and there's no "I don't think Yaw would do that" involved. They were assigned at
random.

Cam
This is so important and needs to be remembered as people keep losing focus on it. The scum could have all the power roles.

Coron looks to me to be trying to set up the lynch here, with his confessed on purpose missing yesterday (even if it was weight of numbers), means his top of my list today.

Vote: Coron
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:11 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

cam wrote:The point that made me sure that BJ was scum was this
I think mathcam is scum and cesspit's protecting him for whatever reason. Cam's smarter than to lynch BJ primarily on that claim. He's a highly logical player and that reasoning simply doesn't cut it.

unvote, vote: mathcam
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:32 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'm busy yesterday, today and a couple more days. I promise to be back latest Sunday.
Mod: Please don't replace me?
Blank.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:14 am

Post by TheCesspit »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
cam wrote:The point that made me sure that BJ was scum was this
I think mathcam is scum and cesspit's protecting him for whatever reason. Cam's smarter than to lynch BJ primarily on that claim. He's a highly logical player and that reasoning simply doesn't cut it.

unvote, vote: mathcam
Where am I protecting him? Mathcam made a very important point that I was going to make. Role is NOT tied to alignment. People are forgetting that.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:38 am

Post by Coron »

mathcam wrote:
independently.
random.

So the fact that BJ's
role
is proveable has absolutely no bearing on whether or not he's town or not. That he was deliberately misleading about this role
does
have a bearing, and that was the basis for my desire for his lynch.

Cam
Good Point.

Still think you're scum.

Still thought you were scum since apparently, before you replaced, but definately before reading the whole BJ thing anyway.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:16 am

Post by mystery meat of doom »

I read today, and I've been fuck confused because I lurked all of last day too. So I'm going to go back and read day 3 too.
Buy mystery meat.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:43 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
TheCesspit wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote: your voting pattern is highly suspect
No, it isn't.
No content.

You see it's posts like that make me want to return my vote on BJ. Your voting pattern is poor, and there is a case to answer. Your dismissal of it as beneath you make you look unhelpful. Unhelpful players are scum, wether it says so in their role description or not.

My original vote on BabyJesus was about lack of content and vote hopping. This may well be standard play, but play I don't like. he's then go on to start posting and providing some info. While it's not the mostest helpfulish ever, Harry Potter's voting looks worse.

I'd say more pressure on BJ tomorrow is the correct play, while HP today is the lynch.

Your mileage may vary.
wow...I think I have my play for tomorrow...just...wow...
TheCesspit wrote:Baby Jesus accusation only holds water if Harry is scum. In fact, that sort of comment is setting up an argument for a later claim that mathcam (or anyone else deflecting) is scum as well.

Pretty happy with either BJ or Harry Potter as the lynch now, as it provides information on a fair few people's motives.
TheCesspit wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote: your voting pattern is highly suspect
No, it isn't.
No content.

You see it's posts like that make me want to return my vote on BJ. Your voting pattern is poor, and there is a case to answer. Your dismissal of it as beneath you make you look unhelpful. Unhelpful players are scum, wether it says so in their role description or not.

My original vote on BabyJesus was about lack of content and vote hopping. This may well be standard play, but play I don't like. he's then go on to start posting and providing some info. While it's not the mostest helpfulish ever, Harry Potter's voting looks worse.

I'd say more pressure on BJ tomorrow is the correct play, while HP today is the lynch.

Your mileage may vary.
wow...I think I have my play for tomorrow...just...wow...I don't even know where to start with this...O.O
I almost forgot about this. Combined with Cesspit's vote on Coron not making ANY sense (you say he's trying to set up the lynch with no support from anyone, and think he's scum because school kept him too busy to post? wtf?), I believe a
vote: TheCesspit
is in order.
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:47 am

Post by ibaesha »

Coron wrote:Ibby's actions yesterday seemed to be that of "I'm pissed off I have to talk to someone other than my scum group." IMHO.
That's complete bullshit and shows that you aren't reading this game thoroughly. I unvoted BJ for quite a while yesterday on the basis of WANTING to give us a chance to talk in the case he was pro-town. An action for which I had to explain more than once and took quite a bit of heat over. His unhelpful attitude continued. He refused to defend cases against him. Then he lied about his role. Even if it wasn't for all of that, it's not even in my nature to be as you describe. I'm not sure what you're trying to pull here Coron or if you are simply being completely stupid.
Coron wrote: Can ibby talk to Inhim or was he the middle man between you two?
Why don't you try reading the game? This has already been explained. I cannot talk to mathcam. I have NEVER been able to talk to mathcam. I was able to talk to BJ and InHim. They were able to talk to me and each other. The only thing mathcam has to do with it is that he (Spamwise) used to have my office. In addition, I gave a complete rundown of what myself and InHim discussed last night which you have also apparently failed to read.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:58 am

ibaesha wrote:
Coron wrote:Ibby's actions yesterday seemed to be that of "I'm pissed off I have to talk to someone other than my scum group." IMHO.
That's complete bullshit and shows that you aren't reading this game thoroughly. I unvoted BJ for quite a while yesterday on the basis of WANTING to give us a chance to talk in the case he was pro-town. An action for which I had to explain more than once and took quite a bit of heat over. His unhelpful attitude continued. He refused to defend cases against him. Then he lied about his role. Even if it wasn't for all of that, it's not even in my nature to be as you describe. I'm not sure what you're trying to pull here Coron or if you are simply being completely stupid.
Coron wrote: Can ibby talk to Inhim or was he the middle man between you two?
Why don't you try reading the game? This has already been explained. I cannot talk to mathcam. I have NEVER been able to talk to mathcam. I was able to talk to BJ and InHim. They were able to talk to me and each other. The only thing mathcam has to do with it is that he (Spamwise) used to have my office. In addition, I gave a complete rundown of what myself and InHim discussed last night which you have also apparently failed to read.
erm, i think Coron was asking if BJ was the middle man between you and inhim, or if it was a 3-way mason. Which, you seem to have answered, even though you didnt' understand his question.
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:08 am

Post by ibaesha »

I thought he was addressing mathcam. Otherwise the question is really poorly written.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:14 am

Post by Coron »

I'm glad MoS can read Coron writing.

The question was slightly poorly worded, because I went from asking the world to refering to a "you". Yes poorly worded. Yes I read the thread. I did not see where in the thread this was clarified if it
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:19 am

Post by ibaesha »

mathcam wrote:The only thing I can think of is that Jack Johnson, Jack Ryan, and Jack Yates all have the ability to communicate at night.
Thought it was pretty clear from that.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:44 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: I almost forgot about this. Combined with Cesspit's vote on Coron not making ANY sense (you say he's trying to set up the lynch with no support from anyone, and think he's scum because school kept him too busy to post? wtf?), I believe a vote: TheCesspit is in order.
Could you please elaborate as to what "this" is. Not only am I having trouble deciphering the quote, I'm having trouble understanding your argument in relationship to it.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:02 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

MoS has just demonstrated that he actually reread the thread. In light of everyone else's apathy, I choose to see that as a pro-town move on his part. Nice work mang.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:47 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

So...is this the post where you think BJ "lied", Ibby?
BabyJesus wrote: WTF are you talking about? I only HAVE one facet to my role. There's nothing else to my role other then what I have said. Are you on crack or something? Do some people here have roles independent of their office? If so, I did not get one.
All he said was that the only aspect of his role was the "mason" part, that he didn't have any other facet of his role. He never said, or implied, that you were his only mason partner. I certanly don't think he ever lied.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:55 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Yes, that's the part I was referring to. I read it completely different obviously. I assumed mathcam was referring to the third person and BJ was lying about it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”