Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:53 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

um. i didnt see the ZOMG post youre talking about. where is it? i must have missed it while i was catching myself up after my vacation.
I play the games rul gud.
Wuffles_II
Wuffles_II
Goon
Wuffles_II
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:01 pm

Post by Wuffles_II »

TheStatusQuo wrote:I am town, we need to focus on finding scum. Since I am not scum, all you guys are doing is throwing out red herrings. Perhaps you're scum trying to push a lynch on a town, or perhaps you're just a bad town player, but either way, you're not helping the town by focusing on me like this.
Post 184. He makes it clear that anyone who is voting him is either a bad townie or scum. It COULDNT be that he's being voted because HE's a bad player, and is exhibiting scum tells, nooo.

After reading that post, I just realized that a player who believes that anyone who votes him is either a bad player or scum is going to get lynched out of spite, if nothing else.

Personally, spite has little to do with it - but it does annoy me that there's a player that thinks he can get away with posting such a terrible defence without getting lynched for it.

rawr! (Expression of emotion, depending on mood)[/quote]
I like pecan pie!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:07 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

That claim seemed to be worded strange, although it's possibly just me. I would be willing to for someone to hammah TSQ (although not yet).
#greenshirtthursdays
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:05 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

@CDB. My claim is what my pm says I am. I'd be willing to be any other vanilla can confirm it.

@Wuffles. I already posted defenses, but people did not believe them. I got frustrated, and thats what came out.

@Everyone. Vote for me if you like, I'm town, but vanilla, so voting me might not be a terrible play, certainly better than lynching power, or even outing power. But mafia would be better. *shrug*
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
ziliu
ziliu
Goon
ziliu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:08 pm

Post by ziliu »

I actually liked TSQ's response to my post more than the others posts of his. I think he addressed the accusations in a structured manner (it might have something to do with me listing the accusations in a structured manner though :P) but I'm starting to feel that I actually understand what he is saying. My vote stays though, as I still think TSQ is suspicious, but I'd be mighty suspicious of anyone who quick-hammers.
Mafia is not about who is right, mafia is about who is left.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:39 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

@ arafax:
Arafax wrote: In posts #9, #115, #118 TSQ says these "you're obvioulsy scum" type posts...What is that?...You're not claiming cop because you said it about multiple people...So, what is that all about?
Perhaps you should stop editing which posts of mine you use, and pay attention to 140, where I most def said this:
me wrote:And wuffles, that's my response to the request. All my reasons typed out. (I like to say things like "she's scum obv." in order to get someone posting, not necessarily because I'm sure. I thought the jokng nature of that tone of voice was easy to pick out. I guess I was wrong.)
Yeah...So like why are you only paying attention to some of my posts in order to make me look more scummy then I am?
Arafax wrote:In post #11 you make a statement about Elias & Luna being scum buddies?...What the heck are you doing?
Yeah...Pretty easy to understand based off of the fact it was RANDOMVOTINGSTAGElolz and I was just throwing random suspicions or half suspicions out, just like everyone does.
Arafax wrote:In post #18 you call Luna on lurking...It's still the random stage and many have not even posted yet, but you're bringing out lurking already?.
Yeah, my post 18 was directed at norinel, and I think you'll find it makes much more sense not through your distorted context if you read her previous post. kthxbi
Arafax wrote:In post #48, did you then post that he wasn't lurking?...I'm confused.
Well, admitting you're confused is the first intellegent thing you've done in this thread, because that post was directed about ZILIU, and was in the middle of a drawn out discussion with CDB...Like...Do you just read through the thread and pick out things that look scummy out of context?

Arafax wrote:Post #85 you say that you'll go lurker hunting, but only for Zuilu...What's that all about?
Well like...This might be understandable, considering you've asked me this before. I say MIGHT because I already answered it in post 88
me wrote: And Because Zilziu is like a lurker second class. He popped up once, jumped on a bandwagon, and has disapeared since. So he's a lurker + suspicious.
AND you hadn't ANSWERED ME IN A MANNER THAT SEEMED LIKE YOU AGREED WITH ME IN 89!!!!!!!
Arafax wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:And Because Zilziu is like a lurker second class. He popped up once, jumped on a bandwagon, and has disapeared since. So he's a lurker + suspicious.
Sounds good enough for me.

Wuffles, whats with the "rawrs?"...You only use them sometimes, I see?
So now we get to the meet. You just completely made up a case against me. Like. Not any of it was even close to being relevant, and not only that, you said you found me suspicious for something you said you agreed with me on. Like...I don't see how what you just did could be pro-town behavior. A pro-town does not need to invent a case, ignoring contrary information in the thread like you just did. So it warrants a
vote: Arafax

Guys will probably jump on me for OMGUS voting, but I'm not. I'm not voting ziliu, wuffles or CDB, because they have at least attempted to use logic in pushing for my lynch, arafax did not.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:43 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I will also point out that arafax didn't even use that post of crappy non relevant logic to warrant a mere vote, but instead a CONFIRM VOTE. Like, are you kidding me? That's strong stuff. WAY stronger than your post warranted, which was not even a FOS.
Wuffles_II
Wuffles_II
Goon
Wuffles_II
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:45 pm

Post by Wuffles_II »

"Quick hammahs"? Dude, Day one has been going for over three weeks.

And yeah, I'd hammah right now if I could, but unfortunately, I can't.

At worst, we're lynching a vanilla, and I will have some serious suspects Day 2 if it turns out TSQ is telling the truth.

You say the last post was made out of desperation. Well, a better strategy then would have been to coolly analyze the situation rather than the ZOMG defence you made.

My mind's made up.
I like pecan pie!
ziliu
ziliu
Goon
ziliu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:52 pm

Post by ziliu »

Wuffles_II wrote: My mind's made up.
Mine is not. I generally agree with TSQ about Arafax. I know I've been focusing too much on TSQ lately, so I shall re-read later tonight and see if I can find anything else.
unvote
Wuffles_II
Wuffles_II
Goon
Wuffles_II
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:20 am

Post by Wuffles_II »

To be fair though, Arafax should know exactly how suspcious he will look on day two if TSQ turns out to be town.
I like pecan pie!
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:37 am

Post by Arafax »

TSQ wrote:Yeah...So like why are you only paying attention to some of my posts in order to make me look more scummy then I am?
So would you expect me to post all of your non-scummy posts too?....I've never done that....While I admit that every single post of your has not been scummy, but the majority has.

I apologize for the confusion on the posts about lurking; it was hard to understand, that's why I said so....Thanks for being so nice about it though; my apologies....I'm still thinking that you're scummy...My vote will stay.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:04 am

Post by Lowell »

For the record, I'm still not sold on the TSQ bandwagon. The "evidence" is flimsy, and I think most people know it. I thik what happened is he made a mistake, then got a little to angry over the response to it. This looks more like a case of a player digging his own grave than of deserving to be buried.
Wuffles_II
Wuffles_II
Goon
Wuffles_II
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:52 am

Post by Wuffles_II »

Yeah, maybe you're right. So, then, that leaves us with...Arafax as suspect #1?

Because I don't think that makes sense.

Plus, it is ridiculous for TSQ to assume that Arafax should check every single one of his posts - the ones that aren't scummy have no need to be examined further.

Would you quote me saying "I like pie" as a reason to get me lynched?

I hope not.
I like pecan pie!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:59 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

No, it's not rediculous. When looking through a thread to build a case, you look at every single post a person makes, and see how it affects your case. At least that's what I do, wuffles. I'm not saying that he needs to post/read posts of mine which are referring to naked girls being pushed past my dorm room, but if he is going to call me out, he should at least read the posts that are directly contradicting what he's saying. Not doing so is skimming, and just attempting to make me look bad, which is not something town would do. If town was building a case and saw "Hmmm... I'm not really right about any of this" you would assume they would stop building the case. That's not what arafax did.

I can buy the confusion shtick up to a point. And that point is where he says he finds me suspicious for something he not only had a conversation with me about, but agreed with me about. That is uber scummy behavior, folks.
ziliu
ziliu
Goon
ziliu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:36 am

Post by ziliu »

Wuffles_II wrote:To be fair though, Arafax should know exactly how suspcious he will look on day two if TSQ turns out to be town.
Pretty sure this deserves a
vote: Wuffles
. One of the most scummy things I know is people who try to set up lynches for future days if some certain player is lynched and found to be pro-town.
Especially
, when you're on that person's bandwagon yourself. If we lynch TSQ now, and lynch wrong, you will have contributed to the lynch just as much as Arafax.

I mean, this whole thing, that you're bandwagonning TSQ without taking any responsibility whatsoever, and instead trying to shift blame on Arafax if TSQ is town, rings so much scum.

To me, a very plausible scenario right now is that you are scum, and know TSQ and Arafax both to be town, but want to lynch TSQ so that tomorrow you can say: Oh look, Arafax (and ziliu, I guess) attacked TSQ yesterday, and TSQ turned out to be town, Arafax and ziliu must be scum! Let's lynch them!

In short, the question here is, do you think TSQ is scum?

If you do you shouldn't be attacking Arafax in any way for thinking the same, if not, then take your vote off.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:14 am

Post by Lowell »

I'll buy that.

Unvote, VOTE Wuffles
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:30 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not sold pon wuffles, though you do bring up a good point. I think what Arafax did was pretty damn scummy.
Wuffles_II
Wuffles_II
Goon
Wuffles_II
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:28 pm

Post by Wuffles_II »

Thestatusquo wrote:No, it's not rediculous. When looking through a thread to build a case, you look at every single post a person makes, and see how it affects your case. At least that's what I do, wuffles. I'm not saying that he needs to post/read posts of mine which are referring to naked girls being pushed past my dorm room, but if he is going to call me out, he should at least read the posts that are directly contradicting what he's saying. Not doing so is skimming, and just attempting to make me look bad, which is not something town would do. If town was building a case and saw "Hmmm... I'm not really right about any of this" you would assume they would stop building the case. That's not what arafax did.

I can buy the confusion shtick up to a point. And that point is where he says he finds me suspicious for something he not only had a conversation with me about, but agreed with me about. That is uber scummy behavior, folks.
Ok, I'm happy with this, after re-reading, you are actually correct to a large extent. I went a bit blind after reading your "Anyone who is voting me is either a bad player or scum".

But yeah, perhaps it's a good idea to let you live a while longer.

Unvote
I like pecan pie!
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:00 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Arafax wrote:
TSQ wrote:Yeah...So like why are you only paying attention to some of my posts in order to make me look more scummy then I am?
So would you expect me to post all of your non-scummy posts too?....I've never done that....While I admit that every single post of your has not been scummy, but the majority has.
obviously you dont have to quote non scummy posts. but when you make a case by quoting several things you find scummy, then omit the post that gives a reasonable response to all of your points, well, thats just not acceptable. if you didnt know, misleading the town is considered scummy. youre looking pretty scummy to me right now.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:04 pm

Post by Arafax »

FOS Wuffles
Wuffles wrote:Ok, I'm happy with this, after re-reading, you are actually correct to a large extent.
You were very adamant about lynching TSQ...Now you say that you did it without a read through?...I still like my vote on TSQ, but Wuffles just became a close second.
- Emery
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:06 pm

Post by Arafax »

Eliasthethief wrote:obviously you dont have to quote non scummy posts. but when you make a case by quoting several things you find scummy, then omit the post that gives a reasonable response to all of your points, well, thats just not acceptable. if you didnt know, misleading the town is considered scummy. youre looking pretty scummy to me right now.
I'm not sure if you are directing this at me or not, but if you are please show me a post where someone posts the scummy and non-scummy posts when stating that someone is scum...When and if you do, I will agree that I was misleading the town, until then I disagree.
- Emery
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:44 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

That's just the point. Nice strawman falacy, though. No one said you should post non scummy posts. We're saying if there are posts that contradict you, you shouldn't post such a case.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:58 pm

Post by Arafax »

TSQ : What posts are contradicting what I am saying?...Maybe I am missing it, but I don't see that....Also, I am here to find scum, you come across the scummiest to me...There is no misrepresenting there...It's simple, I find you the scummiest.
- Emery
Wuffles_II
Wuffles_II
Goon
Wuffles_II
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:35 pm

Post by Wuffles_II »

WOW

You just said that reconsidering opinions is a bad idea man.

When someone believe their opinion to be wrong, they can do one of two things.

1. They can stubbornly dig themselves deeper, which you are most certainly doing

OR

2. They can admit that they were wrong.
I was quite adamant about TSQ was because of his ZOMG post. I still believe he is decidedly scummy, but, you also should admit that his defence was impressive enough for a player such as myself to re-think my -1 to hammah vote.

At least I am able to admit when I am wrong.

rawr.
I like pecan pie!
Wuffles_II
Wuffles_II
Goon
Wuffles_II
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:45 pm

Post by Wuffles_II »

EBWODP:

Also, Arafax, EMPHASIS on "re-reading". I checked, and TSQ is right. When I get a free moment, I'll go back and find the posts in question. I'm sure TSQ will as well.
I like pecan pie!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”