MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:54 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I'm thinking Ibby is scum. There's something about her attitude that's disconcerting. Vague threats without delivering on the specifics.

FOS: Cesspit
for helping scum narrow down the officer mover. I think it's more than likely that the office mover is protown.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:11 am

Post by ibaesha »

Well you think wrong. Also, I haven't vaguely threatened anyone. I mentioned a suspicion of mathcam based on knowledge that I have. I haven't given specifics because I can get my point across to him without doing so. If there's enough of a consensus that I should fully explain my knowledge, I certainly will. Doing so would also allow me to ask many questions that I have had since my office was switched. Because of what I know, however, I haven't been inclined to reveal things to scum that might narrow down possible targets for them.

Also, armlx now knows exactly what is in my/mathcam's previous office, so I am fairly sure he and mathcam can both understand my statements in regards to -that- office.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:16 am

Post by ibaesha »

Oh by the way, funny how you FoS Cesspit for helping scum narrow down while accusing me of being suspicious for not being specific enough.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Just as a note; why do people keep wondering who "the" office switcher? There have been several night when two people had their offices moved, and I had been thinking there were at least two office switchers.

Anyway, I'm certanly interested about what information you claim to have, ibaesha, and it might help me get a better idea about mathcam, but of course you're the only one with enough information to know if it's worth sharing it or not.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:17 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Yes, Yosarian, two people had their offices moved, but in each case they were moved into the office that the other person previously occupied, meaning it was certainly the work of one action.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:41 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

(What happened to my other post?)

Huh...good point, Uraj. I guess that means that the role probably works like "Move person A into B's office, and then move person B into office C".
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:53 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm actually sorta suspicious about Ibaesha, as there's no way alignments switch with office and I now know the contents.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:11 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

We've hit one scum and one SK out of 26 players, leaving:
armlx -- Jack Quinn, formerly Jack Kay
Uraj45 (replacing Colonel Kurtz) -- Jack Thomas
Coron -- Jack Evans
Fuldu -- Jack Hall
Harry_Potter -- Jack Adams
ibaesha -- Jack Johnson, formerly Jack Quinn
Mastermind of Sin -- Jack Lincoln
Max -- Jack Phillips
MrBuddyLee -- Jack Nelson, formerly Jack Fox
mystery meat of doom -- Jack Davis
PookyTheMagicalBear -- Jack Macdonald
spectrumvoid (replacing Shamrock) -- Jack Irving
mathcam (replacing SpamWise) -- Jack K, formerly Jack Q, formerly JackJ
TheCesspit -- Jack Zimmerman
Yosarian2 -- formerly Jack Xavier
There are five or six scum left, most likely. It's pretty amazing that we have like squat for night results. It's even more amazing that we're basically at panic time and yet you're all acting like this is a tea party.

Here's the discussion today, summarized:
Fuldu wonders what's in MBL's office
Coron throws out three suspicions with no evidence
MoS wonders what's in jack quinn's office
Ibby expresses suspicion of mathcam
spectrumvoid asks about lurker replacement
cam: defensive post
yos: explains bj's lynch, mild attack on cam re: bj
mathcam: 100% defensive response
spectrum: brief bj comment
MoS: back to office talk
Uraj: content post pointing at Coron
fuldu: more office speculation
coron: defends his indefensible record this game
yos: more on BJ
ibby: more on BJ, more suspicion of cam
MoS says "Interesting"
cesspit: office speculation
ibby: defensive post, reiterates cam suspicions
uraj: office talk
yos: office talk
armlx: suspicious of ibby
Lurking today:
HarryPotter
Max
mmod
Pooky

The lurkers are useless--they should be replaced immediately. cam, Mos and cesspit are not trying to find scum at all--they are probably scum. Everyone else just isn't trying. And I'd rather not lose, so if you're town, kick it up a notch please.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:22 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'm busy around yesterday, and 2 days after rushing out a project under deadline.
Blank.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:49 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

MrBuddyLee wrote: There are five or six scum left, most likely. It's pretty amazing that we have like squat for night results. It's even more amazing that we're basically at panic time and yet you're all acting like this is a tea party.

MoS says "Interesting"
Lurking today:
HarryPotter
Max
mmod
Pooky

The lurkers are useless--they should be replaced immediately. cam, Mos and cesspit are not trying to find scum at all--they are probably scum. Everyone else just isn't trying. And I'd rather not lose, so if you're town, kick it up a notch please.
Well, I'm suspicious of Cam for what happened yesterday, Ibby is suspicious of Cam for some reason she won't share but has something to do with her old role, which may or may not somehow justify Cam's attacks on BJ, and armlx is suspicious of Ibby because of that same role.

I'm starting to think one of them is just going to have to break down and tell us what the hell's in that office, or we're never going to get anywhere.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:36 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Yosarian2 wrote:(What happened to my other post?)

Huh...good point, Uraj. I guess that means that the role probably works like "Move person A into B's office, and then move person B into office C".
I believe it has invariably worked as move person A into B's office and move person B into A's office. The fact that it seems framed as a single swap rather than two moves is the reason it appears to be one role rather than multiple.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:13 pm

Post by mathcam »

Coron wrote: And no, there wasn't a good reason for lynching BJ. There really wasn't.
Oh please, Coron. He lied to the town, deliberately misled the town when he was telling the truth, lurked, and provided essentially nothing as a defense to any of these claims. So don't come here after the fact and pretend you saw through all of these to BJ's deep down innocence.
Ibby wrote: mathcam: I'm suspicious of you because of what has happened to that additional facet that BJ lied about. Hopefully that clarifies it for you better.
Yos wrote:I'm starting to think one of them is just going to have to break down and tell us what the hell's in that office, or we're never going to get anywhere.
Agreed, Yos. The only thing I can think of is that Jack Johnson, Jack Ryan, and Jack Yates all have the ability to communicate at night. This is the only thing in the role that has yet to be revealed, and I don't see any harm in doing it now. BabyJesus sort of implicitly claimed that Jack Ryan wasn't part of the picture, which I think is the lie to which Ibby is referring. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why this makes me more scummy.

Unless/until she points out what I'm missing about this, I think I have to agree with MBL's
FOS: Ibby
for being vague for reasons I can't figure out.

Cam
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:25 pm

Post by Coron »

Could you please be more specific on the reasons why BJ was lynched.

Thanks
-Coron
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:09 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Mastermind of Sin (1): Coron
Coron (1): Uraj45

Not Voting: armlx, Fuldu, Harry_Potter, ibaesha, Mastermind of Sin, LoudmouthLee, MrBuddyLee, mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, spectrumvoid, mathcam, TheCesspit, Yosarian2

Oops. I was wondering why on earth people were still accusing Max of lurking, only to find out I forgot to change the front post. Fixed now. Max was replaced by LoudmouthLee towards the end of yesterday. I'm pestering him and Pooky by AIM to get them to the thread. I'll prod Harry_Potter and mystery meat of doom by PM.
Success breeds suspicion
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:20 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm thinking Ibby is scum. There's something about her attitude that's disconcerting. Vague threats without delivering on the specifics.

FOS: Cesspit
for helping scum narrow down the officer mover. I think it's more than likely that the office mover is protown.
You've no way of knowing that. I can't see any reason why the office mover is more or less likely to be scum. I personally would expect scum more likely to move people around and report info about the offices around to the scum group.

My comment is nothing that scum couldn't already work out themselves.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:17 pm

Post by ibaesha »

mathcam wrote:Agreed, Yos. The only thing I can think of is that Jack Johnson, Jack Ryan, and Jack Yates all have the ability to communicate at night. This is the only thing in the role that has yet to be revealed, and I don't see any harm in doing it now. BabyJesus sort of implicitly claimed that Jack Ryan wasn't part of the picture, which I think is the lie to which Ibby is referring. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why this makes me more scummy.
Primarily because after you pushed BJ's lynch yesterday, InHim came up dead today. You are the only one other than me that knew that InHim was the third person. Now, the other person I had to discuss things with is dead and also pro-town. I cannot verify anything that I discussed with InHim last night for the town since he is no longer living. This is rather convenient, especially with how people are acting towards me today (somewhat predictable after BJ came up pro-town). So from my perspective, I see a possibility that you helped take out BJ, then InHim, and I'm next (lynchbait). Yes, it's a paranoid suspicion but there it is.

For the record (even though it may not hold any weight now): InHim said Harry Potter has to go. He also remained suspicious of Yosarian. I asked him to clarify his case against Yosarian for me because I didn't quite understand it myself. He told me that it was primarily meta and instructed me to read over his case against Yosarian again and compare the things he said to about Yosarian to what scum have done in past games.

We also discussed BJ's lynch and while he understood my part in it, he explained why he did not vote for BJ despite the behavior. The explanation was that he has played many games with BJ, perhaps more than anyone on the site and that he doesn't go for lynching BJ as early as day 3 because BJ is always like that and can be useful later in the game. He also stated that a helpful BJ is more indicative of scum BJ than a non-helpful BJ.

I did ask him some questions regarding the game mechanics. Much of it has become irrelevant now I think, but I will post those questions if anyone is interested. He never got back to me about them as he said he hadn't had time to really put a lot of thought into the mechanics yet.

I have felt very confused about this game ever since my office was swapped. At one point of yesterday, BJ and InHim were the leading vote-getters and I very much didn't know how to deal with that considering I was unsure of their alignment. I probably haven't played well during this game (in fact I feel I haven't) and can sort of understand some suspicions against me. This is the best explanation I can give for my actions yesterday and stated suspicions of today.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:46 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay.
UnFOS: Ibby,
though I do think your argument is a bit of a stretch. If I'm scum, what do I care if you can talk to inHim at night? Further, if I assume that none of these three Jacks have any special powers (since mine didn't), then I'm wasting the opportunity to go after someone more important to the town than an uncofirmable mason.

Coron: No. Go back and read it yourself. I clearly explained every last part of it yesterday.

I'm getting more and more suspicious of Yos, but I'm not sure I can put a finger on why. Until I can figure out why,
FOS: Yos.

Cam
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:44 am

Post by ibaesha »

I realize it's probably overly paranoid, that's why I'm not voting for you over it and said it's a slight suspicion. That doesn't stop me from considering the possibility though.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:21 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

MrBuddyLee wrote:We've hit one scum and one SK out of 26 players, leaving:
armlx -- Jack Quinn, formerly Jack Kay
Uraj45 (replacing Colonel Kurtz) -- Jack Thomas
Coron -- Jack Evans
Fuldu -- Jack Hall
Harry_Potter -- Jack Adams
ibaesha -- Jack Johnson, formerly Jack Quinn
Mastermind of Sin -- Jack Lincoln
Max -- Jack Phillips
MrBuddyLee -- Jack Nelson, formerly Jack Fox
mystery meat of doom -- Jack Davis
PookyTheMagicalBear -- Jack Macdonald
spectrumvoid (replacing Shamrock) -- Jack Irving
mathcam (replacing SpamWise) -- Jack K, formerly Jack Q, formerly JackJ
TheCesspit -- Jack Zimmerman
Yosarian2 -- formerly Jack Xavier
There are five or six scum left, most likely. It's pretty amazing that we have like squat for night results. It's even more amazing that we're basically at panic time and yet you're all acting like this is a tea party.

MoS says "Interesting"
Lurking today:
HarryPotter
Max
mmod
Pooky

You clearly aren't reading very well.
Permanent V/LA.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:35 am

Post by Coron »

So as far as I can tell what you were saying is that his role isn't ACTUALLY mason, which it really what his role was.

I don't really get your arguement. If you could explain it better please.

Thanks a lot
-Coron.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:39 am

Post by ibaesha »

Who? Me or mathcam?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:34 am

Post by Coron »

Mathy.

You too if you want.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:59 am

Post by ibaesha »

BJ said he had no other facet to his role beyond the ability to talk to me at night. This was untrue because he could also talk to InHim.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:05 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

mathcam wrote: I'm getting more and more suspicious of Yos, but I'm not sure I can put a finger on why. Until I can figure out why,
FOS: Yos.

Cam
:roll: Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that I'm getting more and more suspicious of you, would it?
ibaesha wrote: BJ said he had no other facet to his role beyond the ability to talk to me at night. This was untrue because he could also talk to InHim.
Ah. Well, what would you expect him to say, though? He had just had multiple people tell him that he shouldn't have outed your role. And I just assumed he was saying that there was no more to his role then his night-talking ability, which was apparently true.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:50 am

Post by Coron »

Alright, we just went back to the: not a good reason stage.

Outing more masons than will confirm you masons=bad idea unless there is only one known mason alive.

I'm fine with his play.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”