Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:28 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Mastin, what is your opinion on Yates recent posts?

P-edit: lol.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:29 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1649, Acosmist wrote:Yeah you know what Pere, you need to step up your game here.

Why the FUCK would I want to die to kill cop-confirmed scum rather than just LYNCHING cop-confirmed scum?!!?!?!? Why trade when we can just lynch scum??????????? On a pure numbers basis that's retarded. Seriously? What?

If you're the PGO equivalent, you wouldn't die, right?
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:30 am

Post by Acosmist »

I was the one ON BOARD WITH THE "CUNNING PLAN" AS I CALLED IT until I thought, wait, we can definitely kill scum tomorrow via forced daykill on me/lynch if daykill refused, or lynch scum now. And since I have no better option (seriously, is there some scum we need to instalynch today? Because I sure don't have anyone in mind, and no one else does, so the hell are we doing trading 100% for...less than 50% chance of hitting scum?!), it seemed terrible to delay the death. And that's all this ever was - delay killing Tammy, who we will definitely kill somehow, in order to ___________ and then this blank should be filled with today's lynch, but one was never offered.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 1651, Tammy wrote:
In post 1649, Acosmist wrote:Yeah you know what Pere, you need to step up your game here.

Why the FUCK would I want to die to kill cop-confirmed scum rather than just LYNCHING cop-confirmed scum?!!?!?!? Why trade when we can just lynch scum??????????? On a pure numbers basis that's retarded. Seriously? What?

If you're the PGO equivalent, you wouldn't die, right?

I am quoting just to point out that I am not answering question from the sk.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 am

Post by Tammy »

I mean, am I on crack? In Otherworld when the PGO quadz was healed by the doctor, the doctor died. Anyone who targets the PGO dies, but the PGO lives.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:34 am

Post by Acosmist »

Ben stay on the ball here so I know what to do if I get busy or don't want to wade through this terrible stuff
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:50 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Look at your ISO from onwards.

Seriously, you know that if you are town that unless we knock out all the scum pretty early, you have to die because of your claim WIFOM, right?

And that's some of the reason people are irritated with you late day1 and early day2, because they expect more from a townie in your position.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 1655, Acosmist wrote:Ben stay on the ball here so I know what to do if I get busy or don't want to wade through this terrible stuff

Keep lynching Tammy.

I'm also quite interested (and somewhat confident) to see if I can make it through the night.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1656, PeregrineV wrote:Seriously, you know that if you are town that unless we knock out all the scum pretty early, you have to die because of your claim WIFOM, right?

And that's some of the reason people are irritated with you late day1 and early day2, because they expect more from a townie in your position.

I'm suddenly ok with a PV lynch.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1658, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1656, PeregrineV wrote:Seriously, you know that if you are town that unless we knock out all the scum pretty early, you have to die because of your claim WIFOM, right?

Does this mean you disagree with one or both of these statements?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 2.9

"I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life." -The Boss, Metal Gear Solid 3

Tammy - 7 (snifit, Acosmist, Kise, Benmage, Kublai Khan, AngryPidgeon, pidgey)
Kise - 1 (mastin2)
pidgey - 1 (mykonian)
BloodCovenant - 1 (Tammy)

Not voting - zabriel, BloodCovenant, PeregrineV, Zoroaster, jasonT1981, Elscouta, Nero Cain, Yates

Searching for a replacement for BloodCovenant

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 2 is 3 PM EST on November 15, 2012.

In post 1525, Yates wrote:
In post 1498, Benmage wrote:Ah right dayKILL(see the mods note) not DAYVIG that Tammy pretended to do reset my vote on her.

Easily verifiable:
@Mod - Would a Day Vig victim be reported as a Day Kill?

All kills that would occur during the day regardless of source would be listed as a daykill.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1659, PeregrineV wrote:

No one has to die because of claim WIFOM. Do you think he is town or do you think he is scum? This PL all millers BS is almost always scum motivated.

And you are restating several peoples opinions to accomplish what? Im sure Acosmist is well aware that people are frustrated with his lack of participation. I flat out said I'd be willing to vote him for refusing to participate.

He at least appears to be trying today unlike the time frame you mentioned where he was basically saying "Ben is scum, hurrrr vote me"

So, do you think hes scum or not? The "He has to die for claiming PGO at some point" opinion is horrible.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:29 pm

Post by Tammy »

I'm confused where you're going with that AP. Pere is actually making sense. One - if Aco is a paranoid gun owner (or its equivalent) why isn't he jumping at the chance to have himself confirmed? He keeps getting worried about dying. If he is worried about dying, then he hasn't been completely up front about his role and he needs to. I'm surprised more people aren't seeing this.

Two - The sentiment that he most likely has to go before LyLo is sound. If you have an unknown, you don't go into LyLo with that unknown or town will lose almost every single time.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I don't understand why a PGO is also BP apparently ( you are assuming). That doesn't make sense to me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 pm

Post by Tammy »

Isn't that how it works? He kills anyone who targets him?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1661, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1659, PeregrineV wrote:

No one has to die because of claim WIFOM. Do you think he is town or do you think he is scum? This PL all millers BS is almost always scum motivated.

You realize that it's a town policy, not a scum policy. And he didn't claim miller. Millers can be gunsmithed, Jailkept, roleblocked, docced, rolecopped, whathaveyou. Aco's current claim precludes use of any of these.

In post 1661, AngryPidgeon wrote:And you are restating several peoples opinions to accomplish what? Im sure Acosmist is well aware that people are frustrated with his lack of participation. I flat out said I'd be willing to vote him for refusing to participate.

He at least appears to be trying today unlike the time frame you mentioned where he was basically saying "Ben is scum, hurrrr vote me"

Yes, at least he's not taunting or voting the cop. Now I'm asking him why he reacted a certain way, and you want to lynch me for it?

In post 1661, AngryPidgeon wrote:So, do you think hes scum or not? The "He has to die for claiming PGO at some point" opinion is horrible.
I don't know yet, that's why I'm asking him to explain his initial reaction, which seemed positive, and it's conversion to the worse reaction of "I don't want to die".
I'll be happy to get into the "PGO must die" argument post-game.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Tamy. Everyone is an unknown. Having everyone or even SOMEONE confirmed in a LyLo is very nice. But how is Acosmist different than a VT claim? If the VT claim isn't confirmed then you have 2 people, 2 claims, neither confirmed. Why does the PGO have to go before LyLo?

P-edit: Ive never played with a PGO. Wouldn't that be OP if he could sponge a scum NK, kill the scum and NOT die?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1663, AngryPidgeon wrote:I don't understand why a PGO is also BP apparently ( you are assuming). That doesn't make sense to me.

In post 1664, Tammy wrote:Isn't that how it works? He kills anyone who targets him?

It depends on the mod and the role.

PGOs kill anyone who targets them.
If that happens first as a repsonse to the targeting, before the effect of the targeter take place, then he would be, in effect, BP.
If the targeting effect affects the PGO, but the targeter also dies, then not BP.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

PV, what is your Acosmist read?

P-edit: well based one what acosmist said about flavor, I doubt it would be instant.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1666, AngryPidgeon wrote:Tamy. Everyone is an unknown. Having everyone or even SOMEONE confirmed in a LyLo is very nice. But how is Acosmist different than a VT claim? If the VT claim isn't confirmed then you have 2 people, 2 claims, neither confirmed. Why does the PGO have to go before LyLo?

Because if he is scum, he has a perfect reason for not dying at night, no matter how scummy.

In post 1666, AngryPidgeon wrote:P-edit: Ive never played with a PGO. Wouldn't that be OP if he could sponge a scum NK, kill the scum and NOT die?
It depends. He wouldn't be able to prove that happened unless a tracker tracked the killing scum over to the PGO and confirmed the next day.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by Tammy »

The PGO is not confirmable; therefore, unless his town play has been flawless it creates too much doubt. Scum bring who they think they can win against to LyLo and if they think they can use the PGO's claim against him and create enough doubt to get the other town to vote him, they will. And there's been enough paranoia spread about this already, so he's a liability. Hell, I've advocated my own mislynch in a game when I was a VT and thought that scum were bringing me to LyLo with someone who refused to accept I might be town as I thought of myself as a liability.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1668, AngryPidgeon wrote:PV, what is your Acosmist read?

In post 1665, PeregrineV wrote:I don't know yet, that's why I'm asking him to explain his initial reaction, which seemed positive, and it's conversion to the worse reaction of "I don't want to die".

Not sure on any of the flavor. More focused on his reaction vs his role mechanic.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by Tammy »

OOOOHHHHHH! *facepalm* Chalk this up to yet another game wehre I misunderstand something rolewise. *idiot*
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1672, Tammy wrote:OOOOHHHHHH! *facepalm* Chalk this up to yet another game wehre I misunderstand something rolewise. *idiot*

Did you just figure out you were the SK? :lol:
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I guess it 'guarantees' he gets to LyLo for better for for worse, but I still don't think that justifies a PL. If he is playing scummy -> lynch him. If he isn't -> don't. What other roles do I have this policy for? Oh, RIGHT, ALL of them! Gosh silly me.

PV: So, read on Acosmist??

What did you misunderstand?

P-edit: LOL. Ya Tammy, you should have shot Ben, what were you thinking.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”