spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:08 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Me too. Gah. I'm horrified over what GA did.

Currently, I'm more inclined to think LLG is scummy. While defensiveness is normal, hyperdefensiveness is not. It's true that some people will just make mistakes regardless of alignment (myself included), but how poorly she's playing doesn't show her alignment.

Do not vote no lynch. Lynching is always better (provided it's not a quick lynch), because of the info we get from it. (who was on the bandwagon, off it, the dead player's alignment etc).

Norinel: I don't think standing behind an opinion necessarily makes a person less scummy. Only vote hopping makes a person seem scummy, not the other way around. (aka the you're so townie you must be scum theory.)
Blank.
Wuffles_II
Wuffles_II
Goon
Wuffles_II
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:42 am

Post by Wuffles_II »

Unvote

That was an attempt at ironic satire, with the whole "don't be self-defeating" sentence at the start of the post.

Sorry, I got carried away... :D
I like pecan pie!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:50 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

spectrumvoid wrote: Norinel: I don't think standing behind an opinion necessarily makes a person less scummy. Only vote hopping makes a person seem scummy, not the other way around. (aka the you're so townie you must be scum theory.)
Hm...Can I say WIFOM?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:51 am

Post by Norinel »

spectrumvoid wrote:Norinel: I don't think standing behind an opinion necessarily makes a person less scummy. Only vote hopping makes a person seem scummy, not the other way around. (aka the you're so townie you must be scum theory.)
Well, the reason I was voting for lunalovegood was that she hadn't expressed and supported an opinion yet, and then she did.

I sort of see thestatusquo and Wuffles as plunging into as many of the conflicts as possible, which is an interesting sign of either normally aggressive town or scum playing to confound. I couldn't see two scum both doing it at the same time, but if one is, finding out which one could give us a lot of info on pairings.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:27 am

Post by Arafax »

I'm sorry to keep bringing the samne thing up, but I still think that TSQ is the scummiest....He hasn't posted much to make me think otherwise since the lynch -1 post...

I'm also not seeing that Lunalovegood is anymore scummy that TSQ....TSQ seems the best for today IMO.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yeah, but I'm town, and therefore not the best for today. Please outline, other than the -1 lynch, which has been extensively covered, what you find scummy about me? I can't defend myself against..."You know...He just feels scummy."
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:58 am

Post by Arafax »

Thestatusquo wrote:Yeah, but I'm town, and therefore not the best for today. Please outline, other than the -1 lynch, which has been extensively covered, what you find scummy about me? I can't defend myself against..."You know...He just feels scummy."
Maybe you mis-read my post....You posted the lynch -1 vote and since then you have not posted anything to make me think that you're pro-town...Putting someone 1 away by "accident" is scummy....That's my only argument against you, but it's a big one.
- Emery
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Uh...Ok. I think that's stupid, as it was a mistake. But whatever.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:01 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Hey TSQ, there's an excellent post by PJ somewhere that states that everything in mafia is WIFOM. To prove that you're town, you have to point out what pro-town things you did. That's wifom. Also, you can point out what scummy stuff you didn't do (such as hammering, putting a person at lynch -1 etc.) That's also wifom. So I never dismiss any argument as wifom.

I see TSQ poking people to get a response. I'm not sure if that's a sign of scummy behaviour in itself, but putting someone at lynch -1 by 'accident' certainly is. And he has no defense either.
Blank.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:40 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

The 'accident' that you keep mentioning IS the defense. It was a day one wagon to put pressure, I didn't know how close to lynch she was.

Guys, this is distracting us. I am town, we need to focus on finding scum. Since I am not scum, all you guys are doing is throwing out red herrings. Perhaps you're scum trying to push a lynch on a town, or perhaps you're just a bad town player, but either way, you're not helping the town by focusing on me like this.
ziliu
ziliu
Goon
ziliu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:45 am

Post by ziliu »

Thestatusquo wrote:The 'accident' that you keep mentioning IS the defense. It was a day one wagon to put pressure, I didn't know how close to lynch she was.

Guys, this is distracting us. I am town, we need to focus on finding scum. Since I am not scum, all you guys are doing is throwing out red herrings. Perhaps you're scum trying to push a lynch on a town, or perhaps you're just a bad town player, but either way, you're not helping the town by focusing on me like this.
I am town too, and I right now trying to find scum. :roll: By focusing on you, mind you.

That vote is not the only thing you're being accused for. We have also

1. hypocrisy: Accusing me of bandwagonning when you do the same without giving reasons
2. Vote-hopping (from me to luna) and accusing people left and right, probably to get attention off yourself

and let me add to that, based on this above quoted post of yours:

3. Desperately using non-arguments (I'm town, you should be focused on scum) to try to draw attention on oneself.

In general, I feel that you have very strongly played to get focus elsewhere without addressing the points made against you. And instead rely on an aggressive attitude and tone in your post towards other players to ridicule to put everyone who's trying to say anything against you in a bad light. Which, IMHO, is not pro-town behaviour.
Mafia is not about who is right, mafia is about who is left.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:52 am

Post by Primate »

Vote Count

Lunalovegood -
- (Lowell)
Lowell -
- (Elias_the_thief)
Thestatusquo -
- (ChannelDelibird, Ziliu, Luna, Arafax)
Elias_the_thief -
- (Spectrumvoid)

6 to lynch, now Ghettoanthonys dead.

EDIT: Fixed Vote Count.
Last edited by Primate on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ziliu
ziliu
Goon
ziliu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:05 am

Post by ziliu »

Mod:
I think Arafax is voting for TSQ. And TSQ is voting for luna.
Mafia is not about who is right, mafia is about who is left.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:58 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

No, I unvoted in 139. I'm not sure about Arafax though.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:07 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

ziliu wrote: <snip>
1. hypocrisy: Accusing me of bandwagonning when you do the same without giving reasons
-Ok, fair point. I didn't think of it that way. I'm still not scum, though.
2. Vote-hopping (from me to luna) and accusing people left and right, probably to get attention off yourself
Let me repeat this, because you still seem to be inable to read. I NEVER VOTED YOU. EVER. I FOSd YOU BUT I NEVER EVER VOTED YOU. Everyone has been pointing out what they find suspicious. That's how this game is played. I have shown why I thought Luna was scummy, and now I tend to think that she's 'too scummy to be scummy' So I'm not voting atm, waiting for something scummy to come up.

3. Desperately using non-arguments (I'm town, you should be focused on scum) to try to draw attention on oneself.
That is because up until now I had not heard any argument against me besides "HE PUT HIM ONE FROM LYNCH LOLz." So I was inclined to believe it was scum throwing out red herrings, and focusing on a moderately scummy thing I did accidentally to force a bad lynch. You just actually posted reasoning, which makes me inclined to believe you're not scum. Not sure about CDB though.
In general, I feel that you have very strongly played to get focus elsewhere without addressing the points made against you.
I have responded to every point made against me.
And instead rely on an aggressive attitude and tone in your post towards other players to ridicule to put everyone who's trying to say anything against you in a bad light. Which, IMHO, is not pro-town behaviour.
My style is a little bit abbrasive and rude. I find that this gets the most reaction out of people, and helps me judge scum the best. It is not by any means 'a non pro town' style. Like, there are some rediculous styles, Lordy in scum chat just basically shouts "I'M SCUM." over and over again, so I don't think you can accuse me based soley off my playstyle. It seems to me like it would be the same regardless of like...what role I have. :rolleyes:
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:12 am

Post by Arafax »

Mod
- I do believe that I am voting for TSQ.

TSQ...I'm sorry, but I am reading through the game and no one else is scummy IMO other than you...I am focusing on finding scum; you just happen to be the scummiest.

MOD EDIT: Fixed. Also, cheers.
- Emery
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:23 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

K, arafax. Fair enough. I will be back later tonight with an in-depth post of what my opinions are of everyone right now.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:50 pm

Post by Arafax »

Sorry everyone, but I have to agree with TSQ....He was mainly scummy because of the lynch-1 "accident"....So, I did a read through and this is what I came up with:

In posts #9, #115, #118 TSQ says these "you're obvioulsy scum" type posts...What is that?...You're not claiming cop because you said it about multiple people...So, what is that all about?

In post #11 you make a statement about Elias & Luna being scum buddies?...What the heck are you doing?

In post #18 you call Luna on lurking...It's still the random stage and many have not even posted yet, but you're bringing out lurking already?.

In post #48, did you then post that he wasn't lurking?...I'm confused.

Post #85 you say that you'll go lurker hunting, but only for Zuilu...What's that all about?

So, in summary you have been scummy the entire game...All of that on top of post #39 where you put Elias 1 away....
Confirm Vote - Thestatusquo
- Emery
Wuffles_II
Wuffles_II
Goon
Wuffles_II
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:53 pm

Post by Wuffles_II »

Thestatusquo wrote:Guys, this is distracting us. I am town, we need to focus on finding scum. Since I am not scum, all you guys are doing is throwing out red herrings. Perhaps you're scum trying to push a lynch on a town, or perhaps you're just a bad town player, but either way, you're not helping the town by focusing on me like this.
I'm sorry man, but I am totally unwilling to take this argument for what it (doesnt really) appear.

That is a totally emo argument with no logic behind it whatsoever, and reeks of desperation, to say the least.

ANY
scum player could be all "HEY STOP GOING AFTER ME IM TOWN".

TSQ, you just made a terrible play error, whether you're vanilla, mafioso or power townie.

Vote TSQ

Claim please.
I like pecan pie!
Wuffles_II
Wuffles_II
Goon
Wuffles_II
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:56 pm

Post by Wuffles_II »

EBWODP: NO ONE VOTE TSQ UNTIL HE HAS HAD A CHANCE TO CLAIM. I HAVE PUT HIM AT -1 TO HAMMAH, DO NOT VOTE HIM YET.
I like pecan pie!
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:18 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

TSQ: You think Luna is too scummy to be scum? Lol. It's a variation of: you're so scummy you must be town, you're so townie you must be scum. The argument doesn't make sense.

I too would like a claim from TSQ. I agree, his recent posts look like he's playing the emo card. And his defence is no defence.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:20 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

unvote
I didn't realise I was voting.
Blank.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:47 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I am a bog standard townie. I win with the town. Pretty vanilla guys. *shrug*
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:14 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

ok. just a couple of things. first of all, mod, i am still not voting. just in case i will once again
unvote
also. i am a he. please do not say she when referring to me *cough tsq cough*
anyways, i dont think there is enough evidence to kill tsq. im not going to place my vote based on a possible mistake and some slightly random behavior.
I play the games rul gud.
Wuffles_II
Wuffles_II
Goon
Wuffles_II
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:46 pm

Post by Wuffles_II »

I'm not sure about everyone else - but TSQ's last post does not justify me taking my vote off.

TSQ, before anyone lynches you, could you please reiterate why it is ok for you to use the "ZOMG IM TOWN ITS POINTLESS VOTING ME" but not for mafia to do so? Because I think that is the only way you can validate yourself at this point.

Elias, could you explain your last post, please? I feel that TSQ's last defence, the ZOMG defence, was more than illogical enough to hammah.

Any one of us could use that defence at any time. I cannot reiterate enough how terrible a defence it was for a player at 4 votes.
I like pecan pie!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”