Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:09 am

Post by bird1111 »

I agree that long first days are better for the town, as the longer the days are, the more information the town has in later days
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:32 am

Post by Jack »

bird1111 wrote:I agree that long first days are better for the town, as the longer the days are, the more information the town has in later days
Glad to know you agree.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:33 am

Post by Nightfall »

Jack wrote:pff I don't know what you're talking about. I was explaining why I thought Lowell's reason for voting me was bogus. After saying that, I realized I might have made an incorrect assumption about roles and asked a question. Role fishing = nonsense. What, was I supposed to be hoping that someone would say "Yup! I'm the doctor!"? Give me a break.
2nd this.

Huck, I too find the bandwagons a little odd, but I am uncertain of what to make of it.. I'm up for discussing our options though.

Im in class right now so I cant post much more right now. I'll try and contribute more later on.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:05 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

So... who do we think should be investigated tonight? And why?
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Eon
Eon
Goon
Eon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:07 am

Post by Eon »

Does it matter?
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:13 am

Post by Mert »

Sailor Jerry wrote:So... who do we think should be investigated tonight? And why?
I was planning to leave it to you, personally. You don't want to leave yourself open to manipulation by the scum and end up wasting an investigation.

I don't like Eon's response to your question though. It does
matter
, I just don't necessarily think it's up to us to decide.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:26 am

Post by Lowell »

Sailor Jerry wrote:So... who do we think should be investigated tonight? And why?
I'm with Mert. You decide. Don't tell anyone ahead of time. Asking to take "votes" on who should be investigated opens the door for scum to manipulate you.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:32 am

Post by bird1111 »

Agreeing with Mert and Lowell, not only does asking votes on who to investage gives scum to have someone of their choosing investigate; and it also allows the scum to kill your investigation, as the doc(s) will be protcecting you, therefore wasting your investigation.
Eon
Eon
Goon
Eon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:38 am

Post by Eon »

Well he should do surprise and investigate someone. I kinda ment what you both told, just well yeah wrote it really wrong way.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:00 pm

Post by Wacky »

Mert wrote: So did you feel pressured into claiming or was it more that claiming is just the done thing so you did so? Or was it more that you thought "meh, I'm just vanilla so there's not going to be any real harm?"
A little of both. Claiming at lynch -2 if it day 1 makes sense, because by lynch -1, you run the risk of some random hobo stacking the last vote on.
What do you think about Jerry's claim, anyway? Do you think that four votes was too early for a power-role to claim when he wasn't asked to or do you think it's similar to your own reasoning?
I have written a response to this, but I'm just noticing that Sailor Jerry hasn't responded to your question yet. I think more information would be gained by hearing his explanation first.
bird1111 wrote:Agreeing with Mert and Lowell, not only does asking votes on who to investage gives scum to have someone of their choosing investigate; and it also allows the scum to kill your investigation, as the doc(s) will be protcecting you, therefore wasting your investigation.
QFT.

As for the Doctor problem:

@Jack: Asking about the doctor can elicit responses that will allow you to tell who the doctor is without them actually coming out and saying it. Since you look relatively new I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but be careful what you say.

@Doctor (if one exists). My suggestion: use fuzzy logic and protect SJ with probability 90% and the most helpful person you can think of with probability 10%. [That I suggested it should be enough to give mafia second thoughts on killing the most helpful pro-town player.]
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:24 pm

Post by Mert »

Wacky [184] wrote:A little of both. Claiming at lynch -2 if it day 1 makes sense, because by lynch -1, you run the risk of some random hobo stacking the last vote on.
Makes sense to me. Thanks for answering my questions.
Wacky [184] wrote:I have written a response to this, but I'm just noticing that Sailor Jerry hasn't responded to your question yet. I think more information would be gained by hearing his explanation first.
Agreed. Please do post what you’ve written at some point, but you’re right in that we should wait for Jerry to answer before you do so.
Wacky [184] wrote:@Doctor (if one exists). My suggestion: use fuzzy logic and protect SJ with probability 90% and the most helpful person you can think of with probability 10%. [That I suggested it should be enough to give mafia second thoughts on killing the most helpful pro-town player.]
This is absolutely a good plan and I agree wholeheartedly. If there is a doc out there, you should not advertise or hint at the person who you find to be most likely to be town (ie. the person who gets the 10% chance in Wacky’s scenario). Keep this information very close to your chest and make your own decision on it rather than looking for any kind of town consensus.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:33 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

I'm not giving you the vote on who gets investigated. Do you think I'm crazy? I'm just asking your opinions.

We need information and so far the rest of you have only managed to accomplish is a strategy of bandwagon-to-claim-rinse-and-repeat.

So I thought I'd start a new conversation. I just thought it would be interesting to see what people said, in light of what information we find out later.

Why did I claim early? I suppose it's somewhere between these three reasons:

1) I don't think a Day 1 cop claim is such a bad thing. The entire setup of Newbie games had to be changed because it was such a killer tactic there. As long as we have a doctor alive and concealed, I'm guaranteed to stay alive. Otherwise, scum could just get lucky and kill me before I've divulged any information.

2) I was getting lynched for not offering any blazing insight - and at that point I still didn't have any. I had to give you a reason before the mob formed - and it was the only thing I really had in my favor.
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:58 am

Post by Wacky »

What I wrote wrote: I feel he felt pressure that wasn't there and was being overly defensive, which is a little suspicious. Even so, he should have some cop results tomorrow, and the way he handles his results will decide how I feel towards him.

I think that his claiming early is, IMO, in character with someone being overly defensive and feeling under pressure, so to me it's just a part of the big picture, which is: He seemed to feel pressured, and overreacted just a little. Is this suspicious to me? (Yes)
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:00 am

Post by Wacky »

Apologies for the double post, but I'm just noticing you wrote that you had three reasons and only gave two. What was the third?
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:13 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Oops.

Yeah my third reason was going to be insulting so I left it off - my reasoning was pretty much covered by those two reasons, and the fact that I was in a stroppy mood.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:57 am

Post by Mert »

I've just done a re-read and I am going to
Vote: bird1111

His Post 139 states that he has reasons for joining all those wagons except Wacky's but his reasons, where they do exist, are weak at best.

His vote on Boo [52] was blatant OMGUS more than anything else, simply because Boo said he's "clearly scum".

His vote on Wacky [89] was just following Hacker's lead and thinking Wacky was a better play than Boo. His vote put Wacky at 5 votes and is what caused Wacky to claim. He didn't add anything of his own, he just said Hacker had a point.

His vote on Jerry [114] is the one with perhaps the best reason, though it's only lurkerhunting rather than finding anything scummy about him per se.

In [139] he said that he didn't have a reason for being on the Wackywagon, yet this is the one where he placed a lynch -2 vote! I don't see why he would get on a wagon that late, so far into the game, when he didn't have any reason for doing so. He also had previously stated that he'd agreed with what Hacker said so why did he later admit to not having a reason.

Bird, I have some questions for you:
  • You never answered my question in [140] that asked why you'd put Wacky that close to a lynch for no reason at all. Please do so now.
  • Did you lie about agreeing with Hacker or did you lie about having no reason? To my mind, the two are mutually exclusive.
  • What is your reason for lying about the above?
Please answer all of the above in your next post in this thread. Thanks.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:59 am

Post by bird1111 »

I did agreed with Hacker

When I said I had no reasoning, I meant I had no reason of my own, sorry for the confusion

See above
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:01 am

Post by bird1111 »

Whoops, misread the first question

I don't think I realized that Wacky would be put two from lynch
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:03 am

Post by Mert »

Confirm Vote: bird1111
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Boo
Boo
Townie
Boo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:42 am

Post by Boo »

vote bird1111
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:13 am

Post by Mert »

slaking_master's sig wrote:Due to my busy schedule, I have
QUIT MAFIASCUM
. Sorry for any inconveniances caused by this.
Mod
, just noticed this in slaking_maser's sig. Looks to me like we need a replacement from somewhere :(
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:52 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Romanus?, HackerHuck?
Just checking, are you two still here?
I haven't had much time to post nor have I had any real new ideas to discuss, so Ive been a little quite...
Is the same true for you?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:38 pm

Post by Jack »

Hmm, I though Merts case on bird was very weak ("blatent OMGUS" as if that's suspicious) but that last post of his with the "I didn't realize how many votes he had" is damned suspicious.

Why did you vote for bird Boo?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:39 pm

Post by Jack »

Oh, and
Vote:bird111

how could you possible have not know how many votes SJ had? I specifically mentioned that I was putting on the 4th vote in my post.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:54 pm

Post by bird1111 »

I never said that I didn't know how many votes SJ had, I said I'm not sure whether I knew that I was putting Wacky close to a lynch or not

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”