Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:51 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1168, AngryPidgeon wrote:but how likely do you think it is that the message is from town then?

That's the only part I don't know. Where is the messenger getting their information from? I was in a game where cop results were messaged to a reporter. And another game where someone was a "ghost" and could send one message per night to a Townie but if they tried to message scum they would be "exorcised."
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:52 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1174, Kublai Khan wrote:Explain why it's bad to out town.

Scum night target?
Please pm me to pre-in
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:53 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1173, AngryPidgeon wrote:P-edit: Ya, I'm not insane here right? Tammy already said she thinks its from town. And unless Tammy and a buddy are gambiting super hard, I do not believe that they can be scum/scum.

With apologies to Tammy, but Tammy could be wrong.

In post 1176, Yates wrote:
In post 1174, Kublai Khan wrote:Explain why it's bad to out town.

Scum night target?

You'd cry over the loss of a town messenger?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:55 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1177, Kublai Khan wrote:You'd cry over the loss of a town messenger?

Depends. Tammy hasn't said what the info is yet. If that's how our cops communicate without outing themselves? Yeah. I would QQ in my Cheerios.
Please pm me to pre-in
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:58 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1178, Yates wrote:
In post 1177, Kublai Khan wrote:You'd cry over the loss of a town messenger?

Depends. Tammy hasn't said what the info is yet. If that's how our cops communicate without outing themselves? Yeah. I would QQ in my Cheerios.

Doesn't sound like an amnesiac cop. Sounds like a mailman.

In post 1016, Tammy wrote:Also, and I'm not really sure how to handle this, but I received a message last night. I had this role once before and was told the basic purpose of it was to confirm that role and that someone took that action, instead of killing I guess, that night. Anyway, I dont know if i sould have kept that to myself, but ill be able to verify the sender if and when its necessary. For the last two parts, I feel the same and yes.

In post 1089, Tammy wrote:And no, btw, I'm not claiming who messaged me right now. I'll leave that up to discussion for what's the best course of action. It will be outing one person's role and will be narrowing the pool for everyone else. I made sure it was there for confirmation purposes. And, I'm not outing the message either. If the sender wants to say what they sent to me that's their prerogative. It was no big secret and nothing great and game changing so there's no need whatsoever; it was just one person's thoughts about the game I'm not going to violate that. Also, I'm fairly certain the sender of the message is on your town list and is someone I very strongly believe to be town as well; that's pretty much all I'm going to say about that.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:00 am

Post by Benmage »

I'm with KK here.

Tammy gets NK(by the vig or SK or something other than scum, as she is scum)

Then the info is lost, no?

I don't get the reason not to out, both the message and the messenger. Otherwise wtf did Tammy out it anyways?

pedit:Tammy could easily say it was cop-related info
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:01 am

Post by Benmage »

Also in what KK just quoted.

Tammy says the message was or resulted in the lack of a NK...?!??!? How was this not readdressed????

How did the message = no NK?????

OUT the scum who sent the message than???

Seems like to much smoke bullshit.... have all the information outted I say.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:02 am

Post by mastin2 »

Khan wrote:And I've been scum in 8/9 games with mastin2.
Pretty sure that we haven't had nine previous games together. Maybe nine total, including this one, but I seem to recall in SG-1 that I did the numbers and it was 6/6, maybe 7/7. Add in the next game, and that's either 6/7 or 7/8. Not 8/9.

Need to double-check to make sure, but this seems like a scumslip.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:02 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1016, Tammy wrote:
Also, and I'm not really sure how to handle this, but I received a message last night. I had this role once before and was told the basic purpose of it was to confirm that role and
that someone took that action,
instead of killing
I guess, that night.
Anyway, I dont know if i sould have kept that to myself, but ill be able to verify the sender if and when its necessary. For the last two parts, I feel the same and yes.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 am

Post by mastin2 »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?k ... mit=Search

742, Mafia 96, Desert Mafia, Brightest Day, Stargate, and Playground, that I can find.
/gotta go. Be back later.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1182, mastin2 wrote:
Pretty sure that we haven't had nine previous games together. Maybe nine total, including this one, but I seem to recall in SG-1 that I did the numbers and it was 6/6, maybe 7/7. Add in the next game, and that's either 6/7 or 7/8. Not 8/9.

Goddamn, mastin2. The numbers are pulled out of my ass.

@Benmage - Go back to 1016 and read at least 12 posts from that. Both me & Yates addressed that.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1182, mastin2 wrote:

Spoiler:

Ya, Tammy took that back and said it was just poor phrasing. I do not understand how Tammy is undesirable #1, yet you apparently don't care to read her posts.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 am

Post by Benmage »

Pidgey, first lets go over my quick synopsis of you.
-You yield you haven't been involved in the game, therefore your contribution is lacking.
-I list you in my probscum list.
--You ask why?
---I respond.
End. Thats it. There was no crusade against you. I'm not voting you. You seem to be overreacting to minimal pressure that you yourself yield are guilty of.

In post 1155, pidgey wrote:
Not really liking benmage at all since he is clinging to a so easy target as myself, I mean how in the fuck can he have a scumread on me lol. Amrun was pretty much not a big factor either. Actually im voting this person for now i was waiting to catch up completely but this is a good old vote for now!

In post 1164, pidgey wrote:
Tammy is such a hard player to read, she posts a lot of walls that I mostly skim. I like that she is going against benmage, who I immediatly disliked since before i reread because he had me as scum read because I exist in the game, so for now Im thinking she might be one of our good town members.

Ughhh pidgey there's so much fail in the basic mafia gameplay here.

You basically just said you found me scummy for calling you scum and you found Tammy town for calling you town.

Committing two major mafia fallacies. A you pretty much did the epitome of an omgus to me. Moreover you fell in to the easy trap of scum buddying town so that town are less likely to call out someone calling them town.

That said the manner of your last posts does read better.
-Overreaction people right off a scum, I'm disagreeing here.
-The buddying trap...zzzzzzz, you need to step back and go from an unbiased perspective (its tough)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1186, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Ya, Tammy took that back and said it was just poor phrasing. I do not understand how Tammy is undesirable #1, yet you apparently don't care to read her posts.

She took that back :roll: ... awesome. Look its not that I'm not reading. I JUST GOT POWER BACK, I DONT HAVE INTERNET... wtf. I'm doing the best I can.

Anyways if she took it back, all the more reason to put fourth all the information.

How do you not see it as scum backtracking?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:22 am

Post by Benmage »

AP
who are your top 3 suspects?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:22 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1188, Benmage wrote:
In post 1186, AngryPidgeon wrote:

She took that back :roll: ... awesome. Look its not that I'm not reading. I JUST GOT POWER BACK, I DONT HAVE INTERNET... wtf. I'm doing the best I can.

Anyways if she took it back, all the more reason to put fourth all the information.

How do you not see it as scum backtracking?

It's not backtracking per say. She just clarified that it indicates that the person who sent the message could not have also sent a night-kill.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:25 am

Post by Benmage »

Meh, whatever.

The point is which I think you agree... there's NO reason not to out the message..

and really, little reason not to out the messanger.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:26 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1179, Kublai Khan wrote:Sounds like a mailman.

Ok. At worst this is like a weak neighbor, right? Would you [KK or Benmage] want a neighbor to out a neighbor?
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:27 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1191, Benmage wrote:there's NO reason not to out the message

This I can support.
Please pm me to pre-in
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:28 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I just made a nice list, Benmage.

Kise/RC are top 2. If I were a 3x 1 time day vig I guess my 3rd would be jason.

@KK: I didn't get that out of her post at first, but I guess she was saying that. But some mods let you take multiple actions I thought? Does Pappum have a history of doing it one way?

P-edit: I guess Im ok with outing the message. Although Tammy already implied it was some sort of friendly neighbor message.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:31 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1192, Yates wrote:
In post 1179, Kublai Khan wrote:Sounds like a mailman.

Ok. At worst this is like a weak neighbor, right? Would you [KK or Benmage] want a neighbor to out a neighbor?

No, it sounds nothing like a neighbor. It sounds like a mailman. It's a one-way message, though the moderator.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:33 am

Post by Benmage »

:neutral:

AP your obvtown. But I don't like your scum suspects. Kise-probtown. Jay-slighttown. RC, being replaced.

ZZZZzzz we have 3 people being replaced. Several on V/La, and a few replacements still catching up. All = pain for town.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1195, Kublai Khan wrote:No, it sounds nothing like a neighbor. It sounds like a mailman. It's a one-way message, though the moderator.

I get it. Look at your link:
If the communication aspect is utilized to its fullest, this role can be conditionally considered a fair bit weaker than Neighborizer.
Please pm me to pre-in
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:47 am

Post by Benmage »

Also for those who wanted scrutingy of Tammy, look at Thad's post:
post 1140

I would stress the point 'all my motives are town, how can't you see that'... with the final comment Thad highlights.

***The last one is so bad, it reads like daring me to claim cop with a guilty on her. I did this as scum in Scummies Winvitational where Faradaytown wasn't explaining a read on a scum buddy of mine. I was trying to see if he had a cop guilty.

conc: MOAR TAMMY VOTES.
Zoroaster
Zoroaster
Goon
Zoroaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:03 am

Post by Zoroaster »

Mod: Sorry about that. I lost power from Sandy. I'm back now, if you'll take me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”