the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:23 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Bah. Go death.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:25 pm

Post by Coron »

Hi, my name is Coron. I'm a megalurker. With your help I think I can change.

Read: sometime tonight expect something of substance.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:57 pm

Post by Coron »

Vote: MoS

FoS: Ibby, Mathcam

Bagged 3 scum for the price of 1.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:25 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

So is anyone besides me noticing that people keep trying to put people in Jack Quinn's office? First mathcam was switched with Ibby and became Jack Quinn, now Armlx was made Jack Quinn in mathcam's place. Interesting. Not sure what to make of it.
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:35 am

Post by ibaesha »

Coron wrote:

At least one of those is wrong.
MoS wrote: So is anyone besides me noticing that people keep trying to put people in Jack Quinn's office? First mathcam was switched with Ibby and became Jack Quinn, now Armlx was made Jack Quinn in mathcam's place. Interesting. Not sure what to make of it.
I'm not either, despite knowing what's in that office.

Slightly more suspicious of mathcam due to recent events.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:38 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I don't either. Unless the person who switches offices is pro-town, and his office has good stuff? Just pure speculation.

Why haven't the mega lurkers been replaced?

More tomorrow. *yawn*
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:55 am

But why switch unless he has a reason to distrust the current occupant? And what makes him trust the new occupant more, only to distrust them later?
Permanent V/LA.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:52 am

Post by mathcam »

Ibaesha wrote:Slightly more suspicious of mathcam due to recent events.
What recent events?

That for some reason my office changes nightly? Or because BJ got himself lynched?

Cam
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:02 am

Post by ibaesha »

The office changing has a bit to do with it. Not because of BJ. But another occurence that's bothering me. I'm sure you can figure out what it is.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:17 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

mathcam wrote:
Ibaesha wrote:Slightly more suspicious of mathcam due to recent events.
What recent events?

That for some reason my office changes nightly? Or because BJ got himself lynched?

Cam
Bj hardly "got himself lynched". He just played the way he always plays; I've seen him make the exact same "My pm says I'm pro-town" comment in other games, for example.

BJ was lynched partly because some people read him wrong and attacked him based on his normal playstyle, and probably because some scum saw a chance to lynch him. I'm not sure which one you are, although one comment you made that bothers me was this:
mathcam wrote: But of course, this discussion is ridiculous. I'm certainly not going to convince BJ to admit his own guilt. More productively...Could someone not voting for BJ (other than BJ, of course) please explain why?
You were basically demanding that anyone not voting BJ either vote for him, or defend him (by "explaining why they weren't voting for him"). I'm sure you knew that most good guys would not stick their neck out to defend someone who looked likely to get lynched in the future, and this just seemed like a way to get people who weren't sure about him to either vote for him or take the risk of defending him.

And, in any case, I don't like the way you try to put the full responsibility of him being lynched back on him, so you don't have to take any responsibility for it.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:14 pm

Post by mathcam »

Yosarian wrote: Bj hardly "got himself lynched". He just played the way he always plays; I've seen him make the exact same "My pm says I'm pro-town" comment in other games, for example.
I disagree. I've played with bj before, and amidst all the bullshit responses, I usually find him to have some insightful points, and is quite capable of defending himself. This was not the BJ of yesterday, as he consistently refused to provide answers to key questions, when even an answer as humble as "You're right, that line doesn't make a lot of sense" could very well have dissolved the entire bandwagon. My previous post was not an attempt to absolve myself of blame -- I fully acknowledge I was a leading pusher of the BJ bandwagon -- but rather a venting of frustration that a pro-town player would deliberately play so obtusely.

Ibaesha: I currently don't know what you're talking about, but I'll go take another look.

Cam
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:52 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Yos2: Yes, I've skimmed though some of his other games. But this game is different, the pm doesn't say.
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:54 am

How's this for a theory? The office changer is scum with mathcam, and he switched mathcam to a new office to try and get him a better role, but now that office is no longer useful to him, so they are trying to move him to yet an even better office.
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:06 am

Post by ibaesha »

That theory has crossed my mind, except I wonder why mathcam wouldn't have been switched the second time sooner if that's the case.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:02 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Yay, just finished reading.

[quote= "Coron"]

[/quote]

First Reaction: Coron's in this game????

Second Reaction: This is a post of substance? This is "Hey who killed the pro-town yesterday? They must be scum." That's pretty much as simple as it gets. It doesen't even acknowledge the fact that there was a very good reason for lynching BJ. Hell. . .it doesen't even say anything at all. It's completely noncomittal.

Looking back over his posts it's clear that they are lacking not only in quantity, but also in quality. He has yet to make a post longer than a few sentences. For someone who's been in the game since the beginning this is rather significant.

Coron's basically been invisible this whole time. And invisible is bad.

Vote: Coron

As far as the office switching goes. . .I'm really reluctatnt to read too far into it simply because we haven't established whether our little phantom of the office is pro-town or not.

Hell. . .we can't even say for sure that it's all been the work of one person. It's quite possible, though I believe it would be an odd play, that the swapper swapped out of their own office into somebody else's, giving the swapping power to someone else.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:03 am

that's true.
Permanent V/LA.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:17 am

Post by Fuldu »

Uraj45 wrote:Hell. . .we can't even say for sure that it's all been the work of one person. It's quite possible, though I believe it would be an odd play, that the swapper swapped out of their own office into somebody else's, giving the swapping power to someone else.
I considered that, as well. I actually think it could potentially be good play, since it would mean a whole string of players know somebody else's role as well as their own. But for that to work, one of two things would have to be true. Either ibaesha would have had to start the chain in the Jack Quinn office, and she's already said that, despite knowing what's in that office, she doesn't know why it keeps getting passed around. Or it would have had to have been part of the first, the silent speaker/MrBuddyLee swap. I can't definitively say that that's not the case, but if it started with MBL, it's gone now, and if it started with tss, I can't imagine why he, as a SK, would want to give it up.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:49 am

Post by Coron »

Uraj, you should know better, I ain't PJ or glork or Yaw or anything like that.

I post like this except when someone is being really dumb.

I'd like to point out that recently in many of my games I've been lurking a bit, or a lot as the case may be even if this is probably the worst example.

I like how uraj responds when I impicate me some scum.

Minor FoS: uraj

You've played with me before.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:18 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Just because you often lurk, coron, dosn't mean there's anything wrong with putting some lurker pressure on you this game.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:38 pm

Post by Coron »

*thwaps Yos*
I often have short posts. Recently I've been busy so have lurked in quite a few games.

Also, I love how I get "lurker pressure" after I STOP LURKING.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:40 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

spectrumvoid wrote:Yos2: Yes, I've skimmed though some of his other games. But this game is different, the pm doesn't say.
Yes, I know. But it's just one of his stock phrases he loves to throw around; did you really think he went back and checked his PM before saying "yup, my PM says I'm town"?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:47 pm

Post by Coron »

"Second Reaction: This is a post of substance? This is "Hey who killed the pro-town yesterday? They must be scum." That's pretty much as simple as it gets. It doesen't even acknowledge the fact that there was a very good reason for lynching BJ. Hell. . .it doesen't even say anything at all. It's completely noncomittal."

This is pretty much this is a stupid reaction. unless we had 5 alive yesterday I MUST have had a couple other criteria am I right? In fact before I read through to that point in the game I had a good feeling mathcam was scum. On the other's I don't remember exactly.

And no, there wasn't a good reason for lynching BJ. There really wasn't.

If you call that post noncommital I do not know what you're smoking. I pretty much committed to saying those three are scum(at least my top 3 suspects atm).

/me shakes head.
The more I read that post the less it makes any sense.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:05 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Coron: I had very good reason to lynch BJ. You don't know all the details. You're obviously a skimmah. BJ lied about his role. He lied about a part of it that I was well aware of. And I'm not talking about the 'pm says pro-town' part. I'm pretty sure mathcam also knew he was lying as well. In my mind, when he was that close to a lynch, there was no reason whatsoever to lie unless he was scum. He could've told the truth and remained vague, but he didn't choose to do that either.

mathcam: I'm suspicious of you because of what has happened to that additional facet that BJ lied about. Hopefully that clarifies it for you better.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:46 pm

interesting...
Permanent V/LA.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:12 am

Post by TheCesspit »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:How's this for a theory? The office changer is scum with mathcam, and he switched mathcam to a new office to try and get him a better role, but now that office is no longer useful to him, so they are trying to move him to yet an even better office.

It is certainly true that some offices are one-shot uses. I wonder if you could triangulate who hasn't moved offices to narrow down the office mover?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”