Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:47 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I brought the dilemma up to show how I was deriving my reads.
That one spot which made me start heading in the opposite direction isn't something that can move a town read into a scum read, it by itself is not actually that much out a scum tell
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:48 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1009, buldermar wrote:
In post 881, ActionDan wrote:As to the questions; No, he's not replacing out because he's embarrased he was found out as scum even if he were scum. That would require a level of dignity unfit for a human being that I am not prepared to ascribe to paschle. If he's replacing out, it's because he means what he says, that he has no idea why there's a large wagon on him for reasons he can't fathom, which imo is null (although the way he said it makes me lean town on the slot and makes me adverse to lynching it in general).
I sincerely disagree on this matter.

Ok, but you haven't given auxillary reasons for believing Paschle is scum. You used that post as evidence for a vote, but the most you're opinionating on is that if Paschle were scum he'd hightail it in shame. Without getting to the "Paschle
is
scum" it's merely circular logic. You haven't said why his post is more likely to be shamed scum then frustrated town.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:16 am

Post by Paschendale »

Seriously, gone for 24 hours and there are 14 more pages to read. I have no idea how to deal with this game and I am clearly doing a disservice to my slot.

Best of luck to everyone, I hope whoever replaces in understands how these big games are supposed to work.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:23 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

In post 1008, buldermar wrote:
Unclaiming is just as real a thing as claiming is. If you acknowledge the premise of claims, you're automatically also acknowledging the premise of unclaims - they are sides of the same logical coin.

Why is claiming scum more ridiculous than claiming town? In reverse land, claiming town would be the ridiculous thing to do and since this is a game of WIFOM, reverse land is very real.

I think you need to explain why red is annoying.

I think it is anti-town of you to suggest that people ignore me. I also think it is incorrect to state that I'm anti-town.

I don't think whoever wanted me to die once I claimed is scummy. I think more often than not it means that the person isn't very knowledgeable.

1. Except for the fact that it isn't. Have you ever seen anyone "unclaim"?
2. Because claiming town is the whole mentality of the game, while claiming scum ALWAYS drives the faction you are a part of downhill.
3. My eyes. Use a darker red. Or get this, don't use any color at all.
4. You claimed scum, you need to be ignored. You clearly aren't helping anybody, and thus you should be ignored. However lately you've thrown a lot of content. So I guess you can be noted. Don't pull anymore idiot moves, though.
5. This is a large game, and as such I expect each and every player to know what they are doing. If they know what they are doing and do something wrong then they shall take damage for it. I play the newb card for no one.

In post 1002, Phillammon wrote:I have to add myself to the torg is awesome pool. Also, that's some pretty solid analysis there. Not got long, but: Pash's replacing out feels like a scum reaction to me, Cheerydog looks like scum trying to look town rather than genuinely town, and Nacho is looking very town over the last few pages.

You are being incredibly worthless.

In post 1021, buldermar wrote:You voted me
while having me on your list of nulls.

Cheery now deserves twice as much rope.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:24 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

In post 1027, Paschendale wrote:Seriously, gone for 24 hours and there are 14 more pages to read. I have no idea how to deal with this game and I am clearly doing a disservice to my slot.

Best of luck to everyone, I hope whoever replaces in understands how these big games are supposed to work.

They aren't supposed to work different than any other game.

You find the scum. You kill them. If you are scum, then you try not to get found and killed.

Ta-da!

Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:34 am

Post by Maenara »

Are Paschendale and Alsark on the same team?

Also, thank y'all so much for the spam. Was quite a lovely thing to read.

Where did Noir go? He needs to die too.

VOTE: DeasVail - Because we all know that joining the same wagon as two people you've just accused of being scum is a brilliant idea.

Seriously, though.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:57 am

Post by Titan »

In post 1003, Pandorica wrote:You're calling Malpascpospaif town

Are you reading the game?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:58 am

Post by Titan »

In post 1003, Pandorica wrote:but then decide that Cheery Dog is scum in the space of like three posts?

No? I decided he might be scum.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:07 am

Post by Titan »

In post 1003, Pandorica wrote:Cheery Dog is probably scum, malpaspc isn't far behind him, Paschendale is quite obviously scummy and Phillammon is up there.

You should talk to faraday. He thinks Malp is town. Apparently something like super town.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:31 am

Post by malpascp »

In post 883, Titan wrote:PS notice how Malp contradicts himself:

First he says that Blunder can't unclaim because it doesn't work like that:
In post 780, malpascp wrote:The hell you are going to unclaim.

And then when Blunder was offered a chance to unclaim and didn't Malp seized the opportunity and called him scummy for not unclaiming:
In post 804, malpascp wrote:Drowning in my tunnel? This guy claimed scum. Asked for the chance to unclaim, got it, and rejected it.

What the fuck is wrong with this?

Seriously, I've neve in my entire life saw anyone using logic as bad as this. It's like anti-logic or something.

And I'm catching up with the hundreds of posts you guys made while I slept.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:35 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1026, ActionDan wrote:
In post 1009, buldermar wrote:
In post 881, ActionDan wrote:As to the questions; No, he's not replacing out because he's embarrased he was found out as scum even if he were scum. That would require a level of dignity unfit for a human being that I am not prepared to ascribe to paschle. If he's replacing out, it's because he means what he says, that he has no idea why there's a large wagon on him for reasons he can't fathom, which imo is null (although the way he said it makes me lean town on the slot and makes me adverse to lynching it in general).
I sincerely disagree on this matter.

Ok, but you haven't given auxillary reasons for believing Paschle is scum. You used that post as evidence for a vote, but the most you're opinionating on is that if Paschle were scum he'd hightail it in shame. Without getting to the "Paschle
is
scum" it's merely circular logic. You haven't said why his post is more likely to be shamed scum then frustrated town.
It's only circular logic to the extent that it's a matter of opinion, which is why I only commented on the fact that I disagree on the matter. I can't provide a reason for considering him leaving in this manner scummy aside the fact that my opinion is that
I consider him leaving in this manner scummy.
There is no global scum/town scale on which to measure action, which is why everything (with the obvious exception of votes) boils down to opinions, WIFOM and what you refer to as circular logic in the end. I'm beginning to think that you're intentionally being obtuse as I give you credit for understanding the point I'm making.

In a similar vein, I could ask you the following: why do you
not
consider him leaving in this manner scummy aside the fact that your opinion is that you
do not
consider him leaving in this manner scummy?
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:40 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1028, Robocopter87 wrote:
In post 1008, buldermar wrote:
Unclaiming is just as real a thing as claiming is. If you acknowledge the premise of claims, you're automatically also acknowledging the premise of unclaims - they are sides of the same logical coin.

Why is claiming scum more ridiculous than claiming town? In reverse land, claiming town would be the ridiculous thing to do and since this is a game of WIFOM, reverse land is very real.

I think you need to explain why red is annoying.

I think it is anti-town of you to suggest that people ignore me. I also think it is incorrect to state that I'm anti-town.

I don't think whoever wanted me to die once I claimed is scummy. I think more often than not it means that the person isn't very knowledgeable.

1. Except for the fact that it isn't. Have you ever seen anyone "unclaim"?
2. Because claiming town is the whole mentality of the game, while claiming scum ALWAYS drives the faction you are a part of downhill.
3. My eyes. Use a darker red. Or get this, don't use any color at all.
4. You claimed scum, you need to be ignored. You clearly aren't helping anybody, and thus you should be ignored. However lately you've thrown a lot of content. So I guess you can be noted. Don't pull anymore idiot moves, though.
5. This is a large game, and as such I expect each and every player to know what they are doing. If they know what they are doing and do something wrong then they shall take damage for it. I play the newb card for no one.

In post 1002, Phillammon wrote:I have to add myself to the torg is awesome pool. Also, that's some pretty solid analysis there. Not got long, but: Pash's replacing out feels like a scum reaction to me, Cheerydog looks like scum trying to look town rather than genuinely town, and Nacho is looking very town over the last few pages.

You are being incredibly worthless.

In post 1021, buldermar wrote:You voted me
while having me on your list of nulls.

Cheery now deserves twice as much rope.
1. Yes
2. This is incorrect.
3. I'll consider picking a darker red.
4. This is fallacious reasoning. Also, claiming scum is not an idiot move.
5. You're delusional if you presume nobody to be new just because this is a large game - maybe even
especially
because this is a large game.
torgonitoh
torgonitoh
Goon
torgonitoh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:48 am

Post by torgonitoh »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

beep beep beep

brodcast comes in

this mans say
Paschendale wrote:I'll just replace out and you guys can play with someone who understands how these big games work.

Paschendale wrote:Best of luck to everyone, I hope whoever replaces in understands how these big games are supposed to work.

i think, is really only big game? so i look

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23437
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23321

is in other big game!

pls pick this mans

brodcast done ok

beep beep beep
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
WUTLOLSKI
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:51 am

Post by Titan »

A 17p and a 16p game are immensely different than a 30p game though?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:52 am

Post by Titan »

Also that second game is still ongoing (I think?) -__-
torgonitoh
torgonitoh
Goon
torgonitoh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:57 am

Post by torgonitoh »

is themes park? same kind game? how not know big games work when in big games? is not mini games

other game go, he is out, ok
WUTLOLSKI
Sunshine and Rainbows
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:07 am

Post by Sunshine and Rainbows »

In post 1030, Maenara wrote:Are Paschendale and Alsark on the same team?

Who knows? Do you think there's more then one team here?
Where did Noir go? He needs to die too.
VOTE: DeasVail - Because we all know that joining the same wagon as two people you've just accused of being scum is a brilliant idea.
Seriously, though.

Since this is literally your only post in the game so far a few 'whys' added to those would be nice, otherwise I will point the accusatory finger of you trying to slip in a post between walls of scum claims and wutlolski. There's a ton of spam but it's making it pretty easy to get reads on people.

I'd prefer not to fragment the wagons again with people bounding after Titan. I'm surprised Cheery Dog isn't a bigger wagon right now when everyone professes to hate him while the second highest number of votes is on this cE guy.
Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:20 am

Post by Pandorica »

In post 1041, Sunshine and Rainbows wrote:I'm surprised Cheery Dog isn't a bigger wagon right now when everyone professes to hate him while the second highest number of votes is on this cE guy.

well that involve unvoting paschendale and he has more vooooooootes.
Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:27 am

Post by Pandorica »

Robocopter wrote:You claimed scum, you need to be ignored.

In post 274, Robocopter87 wrote:
In post 208, Nikanor wrote:
Vote: Robocopter87.

Cheery Dog probably scum too.

VOTE: Robocopter87

One scum caught.

WUTLOSKI

(seriously, writing him off as an idiot for claiming scum is a bit much coming from you)
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:56 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

In post 1036, buldermar wrote:
1. Yes
2. This is incorrect.
3. I'll consider picking a darker red.
4. This is fallacious reasoning. Also, claiming scum is not an idiot move.
5. You're delusional if you presume nobody to be new just because this is a large game - maybe even
especially
because this is a large game.

1. Ok.
2. Except for the case of... you guessed it, the jester. So my logic follows in the fact that you claimed scum, I tell people to ignore you because you are anti town. You are anti town because you are trying to get yourself killed. Ignore jesters, find scum. However you've kinda redeemed yourself, I honestly believed you to be third party when you claimed scum.
3. That is much better, thanks.
4. Claiming scum is not a town move, either. You are the one person in the game that knows you are town. You confirm yourself. And out of all the people to choose to be scum, you pick the one you are 100% sure is town? It is not fallacious.
5. I don't have time or care about newbies. If someone signed up for a game that is not a newbie, I expect them to not expect to be cut slack. Its not delusional, strict maybe, but not delusional.

Honestly bulder, you have skyrocketed on my town list. The whole scum claim thing was ridiculous I'll admit, but I just can't see any of your posts after that to come from a scum mindset. I feel as if we should agree to disagree on some points and refocus our attention on scum and less on technicalities, do you agree?

Pandorica wrote:(seriously, writing him off as an idiot for claiming scum is a bit much coming from you)

I did not write him off as an idiot. I wrote him off as a Jester/thirdparty/antitown.
I voted myself in RVS.
I did not claim scum.
Furthermore, I did not UNCLAIM. Because that makes absolutely no sense.

Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:43 am

Post by Titan »

This rational head (were you really referring to me? Thank you!) has been quite sick for days and has been putting off mafia. I tried to make it through the last dozen or so pages and my head is too foggy to make sense of anything. I'm about ready to ask shadows and rainbows what they think of the scum claim reaction test and sheep that. I also know that shadoweh can read action Dan really well. He reads townish to me, am I right? :p

Also torgonitoh no longer gives me a headache and I actually like his posts now. But who is sunman?

I don't know why other head starting doubting cheery dog as I haven't talked to him other than to say that I'm too sick to mafia at the moment.

I'm a little confused at pandorica and maybe it's because I haven't put in the effort to determine who is writing what, but the way you're responding to arthur is like you've never seen him play before? Like 1003 telling him that his vote counts come off as scum trying to be helpful when it's something that he does in nearly every game, and gets criticized for in every game and still continues to do them in every game, and your acting like you've never seen that. If that's nexus then okay, maybe you haven't but faraday is more acquainted with Arthur's meta than that and the way some of the responses have been its like you don't know his meta or how he approaches games nd reads.

I will try to actually make it through the game tomorrow. I have real life stuff to catch up with before mafia stuff.

~Tammy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:44 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Aldusk is sunman

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:49 am

Post by Gorrad »

In post 986, Titan wrote:
Mods: if this account ever needs prodding can you please prod our main accounts also because I don't think this account sends email notifications. Thank you

Yes, this will be done for all Hydra accounts.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Pandorica
Pandorica
Goon
Pandorica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Pandorica »

In post 1045, Titan wrote:I'm a little confused at pandorica and maybe it's because I haven't put in the effort to determine who is writing what, but the way you're responding to arthur is like you've never seen him play before? Like 1003 telling him that his vote counts come off as scum trying to be helpful when it's something that he does in nearly every game, and gets criticized for in every game and still continues to do them in every game, and your acting like you've never seen that. If that's nexus then okay, maybe you haven't but faraday is more acquainted with Arthur's meta than that and the way some of the responses have been its like you don't know his meta or how he approaches games nd reads.

1003 was nexus what apart from that gives you the impression his meta isn't being taken into account? i'm the guy criticising him for his shitty reasoning on malp fyi. what do you think of malp's reaction? (I can't say I remember arthur doing vc's every game but i don't really think it's anything but a null tell and found the vc useful so w/e)

put your vote on pasch or failing that cheery dog please.
Noir
Noir
Townie
Noir
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:08 am

Post by Noir »

unvote
vote: paschendale

i'm done with this stupid day

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”