Epic
Epic
Townie
Epic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:29 pm

Post by Epic »

I liked the way he approached his Nacho vote early on (#193/216) - even if I disagreed with it, I could see where he was coming from. I also liked how he backed off Phill in #238 and his read on xtoph in #297 as they pretty much tracked my own thoughts while reading the thread. Plus, tonally, he comes across as pretty genuine and laid back. I'm not sure how you're seeing him as scum at all personally.
Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me.
Epic
Epic
Townie
Epic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by Epic »

I think the reason the reads aren't coming easy for me this game is because it's basically filled with either ultra serious posters that come off as contrived in their reasoning tonally, players who behave in a relatively scripted fashion, gimmick accounts, or all of the above at once.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:36 pm

Post by Titan »

In post 347, Titan wrote: Meh, the people calling nacho out for sounding fake are meh. I think that's vifam, who really hasn't contributed anything and the cube.

Yea I just looked at his post count and was like o.O. I barely remember anything the dude posted (vifam).

In post 347, Titan wrote: Other head...can we vote vifam? Cuz I really want to.
Actually we prob can since Phill is applying “LOL let me go on lurkshit mode” which won’t gain much except confirm he’s scum. He can die anytime (*hint hint* for any vig out there). But I’m not really reading vifam as scum so meh (not that I have a better place to place the vote so what the hell).

In post 347, Titan wrote: :? Paschendale concerning alsrak. Did you actually ink that was a real claim. Other head can we vote him too?

He’s prob trolling tbh. 265 reads as trolling with the “it sounds fake”. No shit it sounds fake...

(yea shut up we have a QT but I’m too lazy to go post there so pretend I’m talking to Tammy and that you can’t see this).

In post 348, Epic wrote: (I want to go on the record and say that torgonitoh's gimmick sucks ass and is the worst.)

He’s still town so we’re going to have to learn to live with it.

(It’s really not that bad to me tbh?)
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by Titan »

Would it be wrong if it's partly be ause his avatar bugs me? Thats stupid and i dont even know why. Like I get the relaxed bit because he actually does come off relaxed. I not like the jump on nacho and his unvoting of Phil reads off to me.

Pedit: to epic about vifam
Epic
Epic
Townie
Epic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by Epic »

The avatar makes me chuckle.

I wish I could have a deeper conversation with you about Vifam but it seems like your read on him (like mine) is based more on gut and tone rather than like super defined logic so I don't think that's going to get us anywhere.

Meh, I think I'm gonna try rereading the entire thread again tomorrow more closely and see if I have some sort of epiphany because right now I'm coming up empty.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Post by Paschendale »

I'm really disliking everything Robo is saying. He's posting a lot but saying almost nothing. He's basically just difficult and argumentative for no reason. He's pretty much counterproductive as a rule.

Fair enough that Alsrak was only kidding, but it wasn't much of a joke. I think it was just a dumb thing to say.

Unvote

Not sure why anyone is talking about Cheery Dog, he hasn't posted since the game technically started.

I don't see Deasveil's prediction as scummy, just the normal bravado that everyone does, but his vote kinda sucks. NumberQ's 2 posts are not really worthy of much attention.

In post 301, BroodKingEXE wrote:Combatenigma and nacho voting for Noir and calling each other scum is pretty scummy. Noir hasn't even started the game, so I dont know how they expect him to step up his game.

I like this. Rubikscube and Nacho definitely warrant further scrutiny. Not much post confirmation phase yet. But they're worth keeping an eye on.

Edit: Robo's 349 is a bit better. I was considering ending this post with a vote on him, but I don't like some of the other votes on him, especially Nikanor's.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

In post 350, Titan wrote:What makes him town?

Did you even read the post?

I put three perfectly valid reasons right in the center.

On their own line.

Robocopter87 wrote:You really wanna vote Vifam?

I don't understand, hes pretty frikkin solid town so far.

:right: :right: :right: :idea: :!: :!:
Active, insightful, conducting.
:!: :!: :idea: :left: :left: :left:

With the amount of players in this game thats enough for me to want him to live.

PEDIT: epicNinja
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:19 pm

Post by Titan »

Nope! Didn't read that at all. That's why I definitely didn't say I'd give you active in . Probably means I'm wondering what's insightful and conducting.
SoraAdvent
SoraAdvent
Goon
SoraAdvent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by SoraAdvent »

hello. should be obvious what typing quirk I'm using. anyway, I see nothing so far in terms of reads. it's all very confusing so far, and Robo's selfvote just makes it all the more confusing. i'll wait an IRL day or so and get back with some reads.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:29 pm

Post by Titan »

I'm really disliking everything Robo is saying. He's posting a lot but saying almost nothing. He's basically just difficult and argumentative for no reason. He's pretty much counterproductive as a rule.
Yea you pretty much hit it on the nail (or w/e the saying is).

Edit: Robo's 349 is a bit better. I was considering ending this post with a vote on him, but I don't like some of the other votes on him, especially Nikanor's.
Not really whiteknighting is an effective tactic by scum and it's easy to call vifam town to gain towncred by pretending to have reads, defending, and sharing reads. Notice how he simply just puts in buzzwords without anything to back them up.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:32 pm

Post by Titan »

Hey pandorica, I wanna know who's town.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Urgh, too many pages!

Sunman is badman because he was trying to be all chatty and town in the earlier part of the confirmation phase, but wasn't actually. I'm not voting sunman though, because Qman is evilman, not badman.

Does anyone know if xtoph usually does the defending himself hardcore thing?

Robo, I thought you were town, but your self-vote seems pretty unnatural. :(

And alsark is amazing.

D: but he doesn't like me! Well he's no longer amazing or town then. By the way, I thought I'd be voting for Alduskkel or however you spell it. And epic, that explanation would have been too obvious. Clearly, if I didn't want a sense of mystery surrounding my post, I would have just sad who I planned to vote for? Also, my meta = gets lynched as town. Ooo, and DeasFail is better.

And paschendale, it's the ones not worthy of much attention that are scum. Well maybe not always, but yeah...

Also he's kind of scummy, but I'm not sure about the thinking Alsark's claim was real thing yet. Eh, NumberQ is still a fine wagon anyway.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Actually titan, why are you being public with your questions to the other head?
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:40 pm

Post by Titan »

Like what questions?

It might be funner that way?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Gah I'm going to end up catching up a lot with this game - too many pages happen while I sleep - and I don't even see any problems with stuff in there that people haven't already questioned.

and who actually is sunman? Can we actually go by usernames where possible because I'm damn confused.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:42 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

oh wait Alduskkel, I haven't been looking at the avatars that much, I'd still rather actual usernames though. (in case someone decides to change a avatar to be even more confusing)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by Titan »

Also, deasvail - don't be self deprecating like that. When you're town it's pretty obvious mostly, but when you say things like that it looks like you're being manipulative
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by DeasVail »

To not be would probably be scummy though.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Post by Titan »

No.
Titan
Titan
Mafia Scum
Titan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:53 pm

Post by Titan »

Wait, are you saying you're consceintiously trying to post in a non scummy manner?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:57 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I'm not altering my natural play in an effort to appear less scummy (which would be what I do as scum and therefore legitimately scummy). So maybe?

However, sometimes I may think of something townish I can do, and do that.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:03 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 372, DeasVail wrote:However, sometimes I may think of something townish I can do, and do that.

Is it really "hmm I can do this townish thing" before you post or "hey look this post is townie" after you post?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:06 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Both I suppose.