Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:00 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

What the fuck.

Where did I look for scum tells and not motivation. My response to RC that you quoted was to try and understand his motivation/logic for pushing me. Derp. He was the one using a scumtell to push me

no, RC admitted to playing scummy to try and attract scum. (By self voting). When did I do that. You just quoted Melmond describing OMGUS and said that half the people onsite play that way.

tl;dr: I'll scootch over to the left and you can have this sexy spot on the wagon that my butt has been keeping warm on the RC wagon..
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:04 am

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 1.21

"If you had been in my place back then, maybe you wouldn't have made the same mistakes I did. Ever since the day I killed The Boss with my own hands, I... was already dead." -Big Boss, Metal Gear Solid 4

Melmond - 6 (Tammy, zabriel, Kublai Khan, Nero Cain, BloodCovenant, Benmage)
rapidcanyon - 3 (PeregrineV, snifit, AngryPidgeon)
AngryPidgeon - 3 (Kise, Yates, Zoroaster)
Cybertronix - 2 (ThAdmiral, Melmond)
zabriel - 1 (Cybertronix)
Benmage - 1 (Acosmist)
Kise - 1 (jasonT1981)

Not voting - mykonian, Amrun, rapidcanyon

BloodCovenant is V/LA until Monday.
Searching for a replacement for Cybertronix. Another extension is unlikely.

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is 10 PM EST on November 3, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:28 am

Post by mykonian »

A good cup of tea goes a long way. I'll need it.

No idea where jason is going with his first post. Dislike that he's arguing from the point where he is scum. + points for jason
acosmist claims PGO straight away. I don't know acosmist, but you have to have some guts to fakeclaim on page one. Few dare. Who's solid snake? - town

In post 13, Melmond wrote:
In post 11, jasonT1981 wrote:Solid Snake... in a Harry Potter game..

Yea, no.

It's a harry potter/metal gear solid mashup.

Ah, stuff is answered. I'm not familiar with metal gear solid.

I tend to agree with KK on zabriel. I didn't read the flavor either. Townpoints for KK, scumpoints for zabriel.

Post 36 is obvious scum.

vote yates

I'll see later if it makes sense, but that one pings all alarms.

meta read on benmage is town.

aaaarg 70 scum caught. I'm going to end up with too many scum, but who cares. Melmond is the name.

and at 98 kk sheeps my read :P goodies

oh god I found a tammy post. And it doesn't tell me anything. woohoo

jason/yates flavour discussion is painful

185. I want melmond to die.

I don't get the zab wagon. But I have to say, I'm already starting to skip more then I read. Time to actually get my tea in a cup.

Hey, I wouldn't hammer yates accidentaly, but melmond is the leading wagon. thumbsup.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:35 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 870, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 822, mykonian wrote:ok, starting the read of this monstrosity now.

@KK. Kuribo then, I guess. I don't know korlash other then by name.

In post 792, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 773, mykonian wrote:nero calls me town while my predescor has 4 posts.

not exactly. True your slot is in the town pile but that's b/c I think there are scummier slots in the game.
What was the point of listing all the players in the game and stating weather or not you've played with them?

Bolded stinks.

So you think POE is bad? I'd say there are going to be no more than 6-7 scum. Between, Melmund, RC, Kise, Snifit, AP, Ben, Zab, Zoro, I feel I has a nice batch of suspects. So unless you are claiming scum and knowing that any of those scum reads are wrong then I don't see how you find my "not scum read" on your slot unlogical.

It's the "not exactly" together with that. It isn't backtracking since you keep at exactly the same point. Don't know what the correct term for it is.

and I'm not really liking the "shut up or I could put you in the naughty corner" tone either.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:37 am

Post by Yates »

In post 878, mykonian wrote:and I'm not really liking the "shut up or I could put you in the naughty corner" tone either.

You need to finish reading the game before commenting on post 800+ stuff... :igmeou:
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:39 am

Post by Yates »

In post 874, Nero Cain wrote:Lets policy lynch this fool.

I can't do it alone!

Seriously, if the AP wagon isn't happening I'm going to have to change my vote before losing power.
Please pm me to pre-in
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 880, Yates wrote:

I can't do it alone!

Seriously, if the AP wagon isn't happening I'm going to have to change my vote before losing power.

Come on over and vote rapidcanyon. He's scum.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:23 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Also, until I review the case on Melmond, I am going to

VOTE: PeregrinV

Might change at deadline.

In post 881, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 880, Yates wrote:

I can't do it alone!

Come on over and vote
rapidcanyon
PeregrinV. He's scum.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:32 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Hey
Acosmist
Yates, how about some, you know, content? It would be super duper to know who else you think is scum at all.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:59 am

Post by pappums rat »

I am now searching for a replacement for Amrun.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 883, AngryPidgeon wrote:Hey
Acosmist
Yates, how about some, you know, content? It would be super duper to know who else you think is scum at all.

Nah. I like to keep that stuff super secret.
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 881, PeregrineV wrote:Come on over and vote rapidcanyon. He's scum.

But all the cool kids are on Melmond. On the other hand, I promised I wouldn't sheep Benmage. Decisions... decisions...

The fact that Melmond and AP are avoiding each other makes me think they could both be scum. To that end, I'd be willing to vote Melmond if the wagon hits 8 before Frankenstorm knocks out my internet.
Please pm me to pre-in
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by zabriel »

I'm back up. Pretty happy about that. I'm still feeling the Melmond wagon. I think we'll get a lot of information out of it. I'm not quite sure what to make of the latest fight here. I'm getting a little burned out on day 1 discussion so I'm gonna be kind of quiet until something catches my interest or somebody addresses me directly.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Amrun »

For the record, I requested replacement. My life isn't in a good place to play catch up in a game I never got into and can't handle being in. My wisdom teeth are KILLING me and this isn't going to let up for several weeks, so it's unfair to this game to stay in.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

RC... this is outstanding at you

In post 864, jasonT1981 wrote:So, you just did.... no thought process as to how, or whatever...Nothing you can give insight to?

you just did?
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 889, jasonT1981 wrote:RC... this is outstanding at you

In post 864, jasonT1981 wrote:So, you just did.... no thought process as to how, or whatever...Nothing you can give insight to?

you just did?

In post 862, rapidcanyon wrote:

The wagons he wants are the ones that are forming. Zab/IAI.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 878, mykonian wrote:and I'm not really liking the "shut up or I could put you in the naughty corner" tone either.

Well you would save me one less stamp if I take you off my x-mas card list...

In post 879, Yates wrote:

You need to finish reading the game before commenting on post 800+ stuff... :igmeou:

This.

In post 886, Yates wrote:The fact that Melmond and AP are avoiding each other makes me think they could both be scum. To that end, I'd be willing to vote Melmond if the wagon hits 8 before Frankenstorm knocks out my internet.

AP *may* have been distancing from his buddy since he was so sure Mel was scum then some crap Cyber wagon popped up.

In post 887, zabriel wrote:I'm getting a little burned out on day 1 discussion

This. Day 1 should have been over like 6 pages ago.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Post by Tammy »

Can I just echo my frustration with this over long day?

Nero-I wasn't exactly Sheeping you with the cybertronix thing but through thread evidence I guess I was. I had noticed it and when you mentioned it it made my feling stronger. That and I had a generally positive view of his posts. I know that KK thought the post I said made me feel like he was town made him feel like he was scum, but the "this should be fun" type way he approached the rising suspicion on him is a way I've often responded as town. (I don't have post numbers right now, doing this from memory after skim through and API. To quote on iPad.)

Still feel fine about a melmond lynch.

My town read on benmage is getting stronger. His giving an earlier town read on acosmist but voting him recently read intensely town for what I know of benmage and not what I would expect from him as scum.

Snifit's jump onto the cyber wagon because it was smaller was horrible and then his recent jump onto rapid canyon after talking about melmond being scum was also alarm worthy.

Speaking of rapid canyon - that wagon is meh. I had an early leaning town read on him based on his earlier reaction to people's reaction to his self-vote and our conversation. What I'm finding a little odd is that angry pigeon said earlier that he would soon convince people that meta was 95% crap, but it feels like he is using meta as part of his reasoning here. Anyway I don't really buy the avoiding one game means someone is scum rule, as I've had it used against me when I was town and for whatever reason was procrastinating on a game. I don't see it as alignment telling until I really know that someone's meta is to do that and then it's not even 100%.

I don't know why mykonian was questioning Nero on his shariza town read, he wasn't the only one and the post she made just before she replaced out read incredibly town. You don't need a million posts to be town.

Thad - can you explain your ap read? I'm sorry if you actually do somewhere, it's late. I have no good read on him, and fully admit is playstyle sits in my blind spot.

Not reading rhe aco/ap walls, will later I suppose.

Don't know why pere goes from saying that melmond is not a bad lynch to hi. Being a bad lynch.

I agree that Jason brings up interesting points on kise...to look at later. I wouldn't vote him today though as I think there are enough good things about hi to warrant further evaluation.

Mykonian said "oh god he found a Tammy post"...I hate when people express annoyance at me posting. He's still town though...it's late don't mind me.

Why did rapidcanyon change his mind from ap to peregrine...kinda think that makes him more town.

Yates - don't honk of it as Sheeping benmage, think of it as Sheeping me :p

Another Nero echo - can this day end?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 892, Tammy wrote:Nero-I wasn't exactly Sheeping you with the cybertronix thing but through thread evidence I guess I was.

Oh I know. I guess you just missed it. Like I said I wanted to clear the air since Thad accused me of sheeping you and I think KK missed it too but we're all town (I think) and we gotta help each other find the scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 850, rapidcanyon wrote:1) If you use perfect logic and reasoning as scum, don't you think at some point, it will lead you to your buddies? You can't play perfectly pro-town as scum because you aere playing against your win condition.

I'm sorry but this is just wrong.

In post 870, Nero Cain wrote:Zoro is still scum.

Now this is something I can get behind.

In post 873, AngryPidgeon wrote:@Admiral. What are your scum reads? I assume that Melmond and I are not based on the wording of your last post.

Melmond no, you could go either way; didn't like your predecessor, I think you are ok but not enough to give me a townread on you. Probably null-leaning scum.
Other then that I would be happy to lynch cyber (obv), zora and probably peregrine. Kise and snift are also there or thereabouts.

I feel like I'm going mad or something. Am I literally the only one that thinks melmond is probably town?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 892, Tammy wrote:Thad - can you explain your ap read? I'm sorry if you actually do somewhere, it's late. I have no good read on him, and fully admit is playstyle sits in my blind spot.

Pros: going after people like nero - I think it less likely scum would want to put offside people that the playerbase generally thinks are town (however I think he has changed his read on nero to town now)
Didn't jump straight on the zabe wagon when it was in vogue
Has been active, and has let his opinions been known clearly
thinks I'm town :P
Cons: replaced fairly scummy iai slot
Other than zabe he has been fairly happy to jump on whatever bandwagon is popular (tbf to him these wagons have been consistent with his reads)

I think I've just convinced myself to change my read to null-leaning town on ap.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:12 am

Post by Yates »

In post 892, Tammy wrote:Yates - don't honk of it as Sheeping benmage, think of it as Sheeping me :p

In post 895, ThAdmiral wrote:I think I've just convinced myself to change my read to null-leaning town on ap.

Fine.

*huge sigh*

Unvote
Vote: Melmond

In RL news, my understanding is that the worst of the hurricane is over and we made out alright here. NYC, on the other hand, is under water anywhere less than 12 feet above sea level. Yikes.
Please pm me to pre-in
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:15 am

Post by mykonian »

ok, ok. I'll shut up.

Last thing I typed up before I went to bed:

Uhm, yeah. Can't really do a thing with the av kill. Nice that it's scum, but there aren't many connections.

I think I can only call cyber, yates and jason town from that. That's unfortunate. Not that I was going to stay on yates, but anyway.

Bloodcovenant's post about zabriels slip (multiple scumteams) is seriously significant.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:48 am

Post by mykonian »

last thing, regarding the acosmist claim. Treat is as a miller claim. It's the save solution to claim it right away, if you get a role like that. I once didn't as pgo, and it was a fun game, but people did expect me to do it.

I yet have to see a scum claim PGO straight away. I saw one town fakeclaim it. Odds are in Acosmists favor, there. Further, there's nothing you can do, but doing some honest scumhunting. The reason claimed millers get lynched so often is because you have to be the very best town to avoid people doubting you. I disagree with his point that you should decide to lynch straight away. Look at it a day or two days before lylo (or when we think that is, I guess), seeing the overall play and make a decision. That way, if he's town, you leave scum with a problem for plenty of days, and if he's scum he won't win the game for it. At least, if we make the correct decision then.

So far, I'm not stunned by his play. If he wants to abuse his role, he should make himself a problem for scum. But that is something that might change in the next couple of days.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:25 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

UNVOTE: RC
VOTE: Melmond

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”