Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:22 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

1) If you use perfect logic and reasoning as scum, don't you think at some point, it will lead you to your buddies? You can't play perfectly pro-town as scum because you aere playing against your win condition.

2) Since you put it that way, I guess you are right. You could possibly be right, I have no idea. Your scum-reads were on people like Nero who I had town-reads on. But then again, it was the same thing in P4, so I guess we don't see eye to eye often making me think you are scummy but in fact, you could be town.

UNVOTE:

3) According to Shah, I "popped in," self-voted and ignored "things that were hapenning" - which was the Acosmist PGO claim. I wasn't really paying attention to the game at that point. I was busy with real life and what time I had on MS, I was already invested in a couple of other games so spent time posting there. I planned to come back later to see if anyone reacted to my self-vote scummily. I did offer thought on every thing that hapenned including parts that I didn't bother to do the first time (Acosmist claim). As to why I self-voted, I wanted to bait scum to see if anyone does something scummy. Ignoring it would have been a null/town read to me. Calling me "stupid" without attempting to paint me as scummy or push a lynch, I saw as a towntell. Actively defending me, I saw as leaning scum. The rest of Shah's post is basically saying how I am not acting the way I did as scum in Disney.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:30 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

So you expect people to ignore you in this game because you self voted and not doing so is a scumtell unless they call you an idiot. :?

And what? I just pointed out what you admit is a super gaping hole in your logic for pushing me and your defense is that you are so self-absorbed that your town read on NeroCain is rock solid and I am obviously scum for thinking otherwise :?

Ya.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:36 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Okay, see this from my perspective: If someone else self-voted, I'd just move on to more pressing matters. I might spare a wisecrack at them but beyond that, I really wouldn't care. If I were scum on the other hand, I might think "hey!! easy mislynch target, let's get him." or "hmm, maybe I can defend this player to get towncred while my buddies push his lynch and he flips inno."

My townread on NeroCain is solid because it is based on something that is very difficult to do as scum: Lead the town. Nero was pushing for answers from Zab, then he found a scummier player (IAI), and switched to him. He has been actively trying to figure out people's affiliations. That is very difficult to do as scum. Sure, I could be wrong, but it is enough to get a solid townread Day1.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:51 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 852, rapidcanyon wrote:My townread on NeroCain is solid because it is based on something that is very difficult to do as scum: Lead the town.

Tierce from P4? Since we keep bringing that back up. Although she only really did that D1 before going super AFK, but point stands.

Also, has Nero been leading the town? He's been active, I guess thats up for interpretation.

Re self voting logic: Awesome, so I should just self-vote every time I roll scum and everyone will ignore me. Cool.

Nero never voted IaI. I think. IIRC he voted me (was voting Zab all Day) after I switched in.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:56 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

- Regarding Nero, even if he never voted IAI, point is, he is actively trying to figure out player's affiliation. Just because one player led the town as scum in one game doesn't mean it is easy nor does it mean I won't have town reads on players that do it.

- Next time, you are scum and self-vote, sure I'll ignore you - at first. But once you come back later, I would expect you to have a ton of content about the reactions to your self-vote as well as the rest of the game. Based on your further posts, I would make a determination of your affiliation. The self-vote itself is a null-tell.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:01 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 845, rapidcanyon wrote:My number one target is actually PeregrinV mostly because he is pretending not to read any of my posts. I really don't feel like reading the whole thing now. I'll probably do it this Night and come back with some good analysis next day. Out of the wagons that are hapenning right now... I honestly didn't read a single post Melmod wrote - yeah, I am behind and need to catch up. But I'll ISO Melmond tonight and see if I need to switch my vote from Angry to him.

In post 852, rapidcanyon wrote:My townread on NeroCain is solid because it is based on something that is very difficult to do as scum: Lead the town.

If you haven't read the game, how do you know that Nero Cain is leading the town? And in what way is he leading us?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:03 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

I have read the game up until my last wall post.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:04 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ok. Basically I'm trying to convince myself that you, as town, could assume that Nero is so obviously town that you could be "sure" that I am scum for pushing him at all.

Ask me how thats going.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:05 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Especially given that you have admitted to skimming and not reading.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 856, rapidcanyon wrote:I have read the game up until my last wall post.

So what has he lead the town to do?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 859, Kublai Khan wrote:

You don't think I'm leading at all?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:15 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

The point is that RC is making gross generalizations and is unable to point to how he got them.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:19 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 857, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ok. Basically I'm trying to convince myself that you, as town, could assume that Nero is so obviously town that you could be "sure" that I am scum for pushing him at all.

Ask me how thats going.

IAI was scummy. I looked at your slot with the presumption that you were scum and you having diametrically opposing reads to me solidified that read.

In post 858, AngryPidgeon wrote:Especially given that you have admitted to skimming and not reading.

I read through until my last wall post. Skimmed occasionally from time to time to make sure I don't miss anything too important.

The wagons he wants are the ones that are forming. Zab/IAI.

In post 861, AngryPidgeon wrote:The point is that RC is making gross generalizations and is unable to point to how he got them.

Just did.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:23 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Kinda random, but why did you explicitly vote me even though you were already voting IaI?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:23 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

So, you just did.... no thought process as to how, or whatever...Nothing you can give insight to?

you just did?
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:27 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 863, AngryPidgeon wrote:Kinda random, but why did you explicitly vote me even though you were already voting IaI?

Wasn't sure if the mod continues to keep the votes placed on the predecessor on the new player. Just wanted to be sure.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:28 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Honestly though, I think Benmage was more directly responsible for the IaI wagon. Nero did push the Zab wagon hard. And funny enough, thats part of the reason I thought he was scummy. Zabriel is derping and (i think hes probtown) screams mislynch bait.

But this is all moot because I tried to lead the town in (ongoing) and flipped scum.

P-edit: What was that response to jason?
P-Pedit: ok
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:30 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 860, Nero Cain wrote:

You don't think I'm leading at all?

That's not my point. He's stated that he has not read large parts of the game or any Melmond post at all, yet he can point to a specific player and claim that they are influencing the town. Something is off.

Though to answer your question, not really. Your wall post exchanges with AngryPidgeon were pretty atrocious.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:35 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

it was to RC
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:45 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Well I figured that but I see the context now.

But ya. RC, you didn't even ask me why I thought Nero was scummy or bring up reasons for why he could be town to see what I'd say? (Like the leading town bit which I believe is more indicative of playstyle than anything)

Spoiler:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 822, mykonian wrote:ok, starting the read of this monstrosity now.

@KK. Kuribo then, I guess. I don't know korlash other then by name.

In post 792, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 773, mykonian wrote:nero calls me town while my predescor has 4 posts.

not exactly. True your slot is in the town pile but that's b/c I think there are scummier slots in the game.
What was the point of listing all the players in the game and stating weather or not you've played with them?

Bolded stinks.

So you think POE is bad? I'd say there are going to be no more than 6-7 scum. Between, Melmund, RC, Kise, Snifit, AP, Ben, Zab, Zoro, I feel I has a nice batch of suspects. So unless you are claiming scum and knowing that any of those scum reads are wrong then I don't see how you find my "not scum read" on your slot unlogical.

In post 834, Melmond wrote:saying that anyone who votes you is scum and that's how we should catch them...

I'm pretty sure that's the way half of this site plays now days.

In post 839, Yates wrote:Same. Though it's a coin flip at this point. While AP has done nothing to shake my suspicion of him, Melmond has been miserable. Acosmist has been weird. Zab has been scummy.

uh ooo. Yates with a good post,

JasonT is very much on to Kise me thinks.

Zoro is still scum.

In post 849, AngryPidgeon wrote:1. Why is playing subpar a scumtell?

'bc Alts and even more experienced players will sit there and play badly/"pretend to not know what is going on/on to play" and chalk it up to newness or being "off".

This isn't a newbie game. Stop looking for "tells" and start looking for intent.

In post 866, AngryPidgeon wrote:I think Benmage was more directly responsible for the IaI wagon.

lol no.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:47 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 870, Nero Cain wrote:bc Alts and even more experienced players will sit there and play badly/"pretend to not know what is going on/on to play" and chalk it up to newness or being "off".

This isn't a newbie game. Stop looking for "tells" and start looking for intent.

I hope that was directed to RC.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:48 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 870, Nero Cain wrote:I'm pretty sure that's the way half of this site plays now days.

Are you now admitting that OMGUS is a null-tell >.> <.< >.>
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:55 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@Admiral. What are your scum reads? I assume that Melmond and I are not based on the wording of your last post.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 871, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 870, Nero Cain wrote:bc Alts and even more experienced players will sit there and play badly/"pretend to not know what is going on/on to play" and chalk it up to newness or being "off".

I hope that was directed to RC.

No, you.I'm not going to do it (so don't ask) but I've seen many many many many town players get lynched for "scum telling" and scum skate by for "not scum telling" Tells are nice and all but
most
experienced players are able to avoid them.

In post 872, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 870, Nero Cain wrote:I'm pretty sure that's the way half of this site plays now days.

Are you now admitting that OMGUS is a null-tell >.> <.< >.>

ok, so you are admitting to playing scummy to try and attract scum. Wich is just WIFOM.

Lets policy lynch this fool.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”