Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 362, Benmage wrote:
In post 355, Tammy wrote: I'm also a bit suspect at your reaction to IaI's request for reads.

4 suspects.. with reasoning...
... from a player who is part of the problem. The problem which I stated in my response is that too many players contribution has been so minimal a read or an attempt at explaining a read is nonexistent or waste of trying to force something that cannot yet be.

Tammy give me 4 of your top suspects with reasoning why, and say 2 top town reads with reasoning why.

I am having so much trouble figuring you out this game benmage. You cut out one part of that, the following sentence in which I said I know you give out early reads lists, which is what struck me as off about your reaction to him. You gave 4 suspects in that reads list, which you say is your draft from the other day, so you had them. If you were just taking issue with the reasoning part, fine, but I can't know that that was what you were taking issue with.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by Benmage »

I'm pretty sure I've stressed it was the reasoning thing several times that was my primary concern. Also that I am a lead contributor, and he's done nothing.. so why single me out, was secondary. 3rd I'd imagine asking it again with the state of the game, with several barely involved.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 364, Kise wrote:
In post 347, Tammy wrote:
In post 271, Benmage wrote:
In post 187, zabriel wrote:
Also, Solid Snake is a main character, and one that we'd generally assume is in the game. I feel like it would be too ballsy to fakeclaim when somebody could very easily nameclaim and send him to the gallows quick.

God I hope as I read further someone corrected this^.

@zabriel
Sometimes mods will not include main characters (I know crazy). And also sometimes they won't include them, BUT they will give them to scum as SAFECLAIMS.

This is actually a pretty decent town tell.

How so?

Ben explains it actually. He uses as a reason for why his claim is correct because he could be counterclaimed. Earlier he stated that he's used to smaller games, which would indicate that his experience with theme games is either none or next to none, so he's probably not aware that scum tend to get safe claims in theme games. It doesn't read to me as someone who is feigning ignorance, but as someone who just didn't take that into consideration at all.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by Benmage »

Ehh maybe I didn't hammer it. But yes, my main beef was the request for reasoning.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:44 pm

Post by Tammy »

Fair enough. On your secondary concern, he asked you that in the post right after you voted for him. I'd imagine that's why he focused on you specifically.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 366, rapidcanyon wrote:Catching up from I left off. I am writing as I read through. I like the Admiral's post , it is logical and makes sense overall.

Um, post 193 was authored by Jason...

Other than that your post is good.

In post 371, I Am Innocent wrote: Plus Nero killing a scum obv only added to that.

Wait, nero killed them?

In post 371, I Am Innocent wrote:Played with Benmage once, he was a prick in that game too

In post 374, Benmage wrote:It was Zachs mountainous game,
from 2 years ago.

Lol, sounds like someone is holding a grudge.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 366, rapidcanyon wrote:
Tammy's , those were the thoughts I was thinking as well although her conclusions are either murky or I didn't understand them. While I do find it odd that Zab was calling his biggest pusher town, I did the exact same thing in a recent game where I was town (although my read fluctuated a little). I do agree that scum can call their pusher town as well so I consider it null at best. What I don't like about Tammy's post though is that it isn't clear what she was saying from the post, i.e. Is Zab town for having a townread on his accuser or is he scum for doing so?

Now, of he's an alt as Nero suggests then these aren't very large town tells, but
I would imagine he would be a little more worried about the wagon on him, not be calling his biggest pusher town, and maybe be pushing a wagon more likely to go through than benmage.
I need to think bout this one.

Would he be doing the bolded things if he was scum or if he was town? I don't quite get what you are trying to say.

I think he's more likely to be town. How he's handling the wagon could be personality based, not every scum reacts poorly to a wagon, and some town flip out at suspicion. I know that as Nero said scum sometimes call their attackers town in hopes of getting them to stop, but it's also harder to discredit someone's attack on you if you are calling them town at the same time. If he were very experienced in this game, this wouldn't stand out so much, but newer scum tend to not just call their attackers town. Also, he voted benmage when his wagon was growing. Two things about that stand out. Benmage had lightly defended him, and I would expect him to not want to push away someone who had been willing to cut him some slack. Also, there hasn't been much suspicion of benmage and there's pretty much next to no chance he's getting lynched today, so voting him isn't going to help his cause. I would have expected him to vote Yates, who I think at the time was getting some heat, or someone else wo had a better chance of getting some heat if he were scum. Individually all these things don't mean much, but if you add them up, I think he's more likely to be town.

So, just before the bolded I guess it would have made more sense if I added, "if he were scum..."
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 379, Tammy wrote:Fair enough. On your secondary concern, he asked you that in the post right after you voted for him. I'd imagine that's why he focused on you specifically.

But why not just ask "why did you vote me, bro?" instead of asking 4 scumreads and townreads. Furthermore it was pretty clear in the post just above that ben agreed with Pine's assessment of IaI's earlier post, since ben voted him right after quoting pine and then said "lets do it". That seems pretty clear to me.

In any case, like many of IaI's questions in his posts (see his first post for example) they seem mainly to serve the purpose of distracting from himself, while also making it look like he's, you know, "scumhunting proactively" or whatever.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 382, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 379, Tammy wrote:Fair enough. On your secondary concern, he asked you that in the post right after you voted for him. I'd imagine that's why he focused on you specifically.

But why not just ask "why did you vote me, bro?" instead of asking 4 scumreads and townreads. Furthermore it was pretty clear in the post just above that ben agreed with Pine's assessment of IaI's earlier post, since ben voted him right after quoting pine and then said "lets do it". That seems pretty clear to me.

In any case, like many of IaI's questions in his posts (see his first post for example) they seem mainly to serve the purpose of distracting from himself, while also making it look like he's, you know, "scumhunting proactively" or whatever.

I don't know. It's not a question I would ask, but until his replace out post, I thought that they had played more often together. His "let me ask my best friend here this question" type way that he asked it led me to believe they had a history. I know that Ben will ask people for their three top scum reads, and I thought he was playing in kind.

IaI is on my list to iso, but what did you think about his replace out post? I thought that read fairly genuine.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by Acosmist »

A lot is going on right now and I want to wipe the mental slate clean after the daykill. I'm not going to be putting in a post tonight.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

To be fair to him (IaI) it's probably his "best" post.
But even in that the thing about ben could be considered mudslinging (especially considering the fact that it was 2 years ago).
He also doesn't explain why he thinks bc could be scum when he says "I'm willing to bet that at least one of them are scum". Sounds like an easy way to be able to go whichever way the wind blows (this would be a more convincing point against him if he wasn't replacing out though).

I'm also annoyed by the fact he is replacing out because I tend to give people that replace in leeway, and I would have liked to see IaI's responses to the pressure that was building against him.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 384, Acosmist wrote:A lot is going on right now and I want to wipe the mental slate clean after the daykill. I'm not going to be putting in a post tonight.

Well can you get on that?
You have claimed something that most people believe, and hence have you as a townread.
I won't say you have a responsibility to post, but it would be really fucking helpful if you contributed.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Acosmist »

In post 386, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 384, Acosmist wrote:A lot is going on right now and I want to wipe the mental slate clean after the daykill. I'm not going to be putting in a post tonight.

Well can you get on that?
You have claimed something that most people believe, and hence have you as a townread.
I won't say you have a responsibility to post, but it would be really fucking helpful if you contributed.

A lot is going on irl, dude. ffs chill
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Ok
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 1.10

"Harry! I'd almost forgotten you were here, standing on the bones of my father. I'd introduce you, but rumor has it you're almost as famous as me these days." -Voldemort, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

zabriel - 5 (jasonT1981, Nero Cain, Kublai Khan, I Am Innocent, Zoroaster)
I Am Innocent - 4 (Benmage, ThAdmiral, rapidcanyon, Kise)
BloodCovenant - 3 (Yates, snifit, Melmond)
ThAdmiral - 2 (Acosmist, BloodCovenant)
Kublai Khan - 1 (zabriel)
snifit - 1 (PeregrineV)

Not voting - Shahrizai, Cybertronix, Amrun, Tammy

BloodCovenant is V/LA until Monday.
A replacement is being looked for for I Am Innocent.
Cybertronix has recieved his first prod.

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is 10 PM EST on October 29, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 385, ThAdmiral wrote:I'm also annoyed by the fact he is replacing out because I tend to give people that replace in leeway, and I would have liked to see IaI's responses to the pressure that was building against him.

I tend to do the same. That said, it's worth looking at IaI's past games to see if he replaces out as cornered or pressured scum.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Post by Yates »

Meh - he has almost 1800 posts so I won't be doing the above. This is his only active game currently so... yeah.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Cybertronix
Cybertronix
Goon
Cybertronix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by Cybertronix »

Hey all. I know i said I was going to post and I will. My sister in law decided to pop by for the weekend so I haven't been able to sit down for an extended amount of time to post. I'll try to post something of substance tonight when she leaves for home.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by Tammy »

Don't like the zab wagon, and not loving the IaI wagon.

(Yates, I replaced into a game where IaI was scum after he'd been lynched. Most of that early part had been eaten by the crash by the time I replaced in so I didn't get much, but I don't remember him cracking under pressure. Jason was his partner that game, so he might remember.)

VOTE: melmond
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 319, ThAdmiral wrote:

In post 283, Nero Cain wrote:
So in your opinion we should let him live so he can active lurk and do nothing the whole game while he sits there and eats up information targets and (if town) makes an acceptable scapegoat that scum can tunnel on.

If he's town he should be modkilled anyways + town loose games 'cause town are to afraid to policy lynch n crap. Would you really want to trust this guy in LYLO?

I don't even think you can accuse him of active lurking. At worst he's not answering
some
questions put to him.

Wait, why should he be modkilled? Where did that come from?

It's nowhere near lylo, why do you feel you need to reduce this argument to an absurd abstraction like that?

Lemme ask you a question Thad. If you had serious questions about my gameplay and therefore my alignment and I ignored them you'd have a scum read on me correct?

I have more to say on this but I'd like your answer first.

In post 326, snifit wrote:Don't think highly of the noise Nero is making

Me? Noise? WTF?

In post 326, snifit wrote:Oh, Nero denies responsibility for the kill. Maybe it's ~wifom~ but he might be back on the cart.

look who's hunting for the dayvig. :eek:

I agree with PV that Snifits "skipping" doesn't do anything for me.

I have seen, once, scum self vote.

In post 385, ThAdmiral wrote:I'm also annoyed by the fact he is replacing out because I tend to give people that replace in leeway,

this is exactly why scum replace out.

Instead of try to smooth things over and explain away the heat on him he just leaves with saying a bunch of nonsense. And there's a distinct lack of scumhunting too.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Post by pappums rat »

AngryPidgeon replaces I Am Innocent effective immediately.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:19 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Hi guys, whats going on in this thread? Much like my predecessor, I am innocent.

I've only read the first 5ish pages so far and the IaI ISO. I'll catchup tomorrow night probably. And by that I mean I'll end up reading the thread tonight anyways because fuck sleep.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 11, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 10, Acosmist wrote:I have to skip the random nonsense stage of my posting (inb4 Yates says "The entire game?") in order to claim:

I am Solid Snake. If you target me, you will die. This is seriously a claim of my actual role. I am a paranoid gun owner. However, my role does not make it clear whether you will die immediately. It
is
clear that
you will die if you target me

VOTE: Benmage because :mumblemumble no good reason hurr:

Solid Snake... in a Harry Potter game..

Yea, no.

unvote
vote: Acosmist

This post is pinging my "Oh look I town slipped! that was totally unintentional!" radar. But ya, enough P1 quotes from me.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 303, zabriel wrote:Gonna have to agree here. IAI is asking for a lot of information, which could be the start of a kill-list for tonight.

Derp and this is the first thing I see when I ISO my slots vote. But still UNVOTE: until I actually read.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 394, Nero Cain wrote:Lemme ask you a question Thad. If you had serious questions about my gameplay and therefore my alignment and I ignored them you'd have a scum read on me correct?

I have more to say on this but I'd like your answer first.

Probably, but (and this might not sound fair) I hold you to a higher standard.

In post 394, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 385, ThAdmiral wrote:I'm also annoyed by the fact he is replacing out because I tend to give people that replace in leeway,

this is exactly why scum replace out.

Instead of try to smooth things over and explain away the heat on him he just leaves with saying a bunch of nonsense. And there's a distinct lack of scumhunting too.

True, but I think its poor form to use replacing out as a scumtell, because there are often genuine reasons behind it.

Edit: Woah. I saw angry pidgeon and I was like "am I posting in the wrong game". No, it just turns out you've joined this one. Hi ap.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”