Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:38 am

Post by Benmage »

@Thad
an explained vote would rock.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 am

Post by Yates »

In post 174, jasonT1981 wrote:wow wow wow hold on a minute here, I WAS NOT set up speculating. If anything I was warning that setup speculation in a mafia themed game is dangerous and you cant always determine roles based on how they may appear in their movie/game etc

No I get it. You weren't "setup speculating" in the same way I wasn't "role fishing." My concern was that by asserting that *this* game *could be* like another game you start getting into setup speculation yourself. The actual problem I had with your post was not the warning not to setup speculate but the logic that followed. Specifically, I was unsettled by the fact that you asserted that in *this* game - the one we are currently playing in - there is a likelihood that characters and alignments may not match up. Sure, we could wait for a couple of flips to be sure but you should be able to look at your own rule to determine the truth value of that statement. Obviously, this statement is false and future flips will bear this out.

Essentially, I wanted to know why you would introduce false setup speculation - as you did when you said:
I have seen theme games were main characters were bad guys in mafia games. Games were bad guys in shows were town in games.

This statement is pretty much the only thing I took exception to and it still bothers me. I have seen games where the vote style changes every day - big whoop. I have no reason to post that unless I think there's a good reason raise that as a possibility.

So let me rephrase my question; without revealing
anything
about your role, why would you state that you have been in games where "good guys" were scum and "bad guys" were Town? This is important because we have a full claim on the table in the person of Acosmist.

@All - please Please PLEASE let Jason answer that question for himself. He doesn't need coaching and should be able to answer that quite succinctly.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:35 am

Post by pappums rat »

Shahrizai and Zoroaster have each recieved their first prod.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:39 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Seriously, you are better than this Yates. I find myself once again having to repeat myself and go in circles because of your inability to read anything and understand it.

Again, simply pointing out that game flavor doesn't always match actual game/tv/film flavor. I thought it was important to point out this as Ben had been saying Snake as PGO didnt make sense and it would be better to have snake as JOAT, Strongman or something else.

The statement I made, which you quote was to back up my point that it is stupid of Ben to assume Snake isn't PGO because thats not how he is in the MGS franchise. As not all mods will keep flavor exact IE A doctor in a show, will not always be doctor in a game.

Why is this such an issue with you? I can't make it any clearer.

And no, you WERE flavor fishing.

I don't see how pointing out setup speculation is bad in themes and we shouldn't be basing setup speculation on who is who in the game, is set up speculation.. if any it is the polar opposite. I was trying to discourage Ben's setup speculation.

What's so hard about that to understand? And why do you keep going on about it when it has been explained over and over, and over. I feel like blasting my head against a wall until I go through it like a ghost.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:50 am

Post by Yates »

In post 178, jasonT1981 wrote:What's so hard about that to understand?

I get it. You are saying that setup spec is bad. We agree on this.

Your statement that character and role may not be married [Doctor Quinn Medicine Woman
might not
be a doctor] is also a legitimate point. We agree on this.

Here's where I think you are missing the crux of my question; You *also* suggested that your character and your character's
alignment
might not be the same [in the twice quoted sentence]. 1. Am I wrong on this or did I somehow misinterpret what you were saying? 2.
If not
, did you look at your role and see if your character's alignment matched before offering that up as a possibility?

Very simple and straight forward. I am not very smart. Let's assume I don't know anything and keep the responses to no more than a sentence each if possible. Thanks.
Please pm me to pre-in
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:56 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I never once made any suggestion about my character, nor did I suggest my flavor did or didn't match. you have completely misinterpreted me on what I said. The twice quoted comment from you was in reference to past games I had played in and were using them as an example to back up my point.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:58 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 173, ThAdmiral wrote:
Do you have any reason to assume the person who targets you wouldn't die immediately?

I'm not sure they would die immediately. I'm not sure they wouldn't.

In any case since you have claimed this much would you mind giving your flavour.

I am a FOXDIE carrier.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 160, rapidcanyon wrote:I buy Acosmist's claim. Usually, when someone claims out of the blue early in the game, they are usually town trying to alert someone of a unique nature of their role (PGO/miller) etc. So, that's one person I am happy to have call town.

Are you even reading the game? Ben has pointed out that there's a long history of scum fakeclaiming stuff. At the same time its also expected? of town to claim stuff like that early. Acomist's life depends on his play. start's being a lurky fluff monster then we kill it.

Though I find it rather odd that Ben is devoting so much time into trying to throw doubt onto Acomist but isn't voting.

In post 169, Yates wrote:1. I haven't found a better target?

Zabriel is a better target.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

*If he starts being a lurky fluff monster then we kill it.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 am

Post by Yates »

In post 180, jasonT1981 wrote:The twice quoted comment from you was in reference to past games I had played in and were using them as an example to back up my point.

Ok. That's what I was looking for. I wanted to know if it was in reference to this game [which is what it looked like] or just a general "stuff happens" statement. BUT, I didn't want to coach you into it. I feel better now.
Please pm me to pre-in
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Melmond »

Prod dodging, sorry, was busy today. Will post later tonight.
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 182, Nero Cain wrote:Though I find it rather odd that Ben is devoting so much time into trying to throw doubt onto Acomist but isn't voting.

What voting Acosmist? At the moment I think he's town, but its still so early. I wouldn't call what I'm saying is doubting him, I am more enlightening everyone to previously effective scum tactics. I think this is the second time you've made false undermining statements regarding me. (Maybe I'll gander later when I have more time)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Post by zabriel »

I am not a fan of anybody on the Aco wagon. The claim fits the theme, but it's different enough from the expectation that it's unlikely that he pulled it out of his ass. I'm pretty sure some of the pressure on him is scum looking to push a mislynch.

Also, Solid Snake is a main character, and one that we'd generally assume is in the game. I feel like it would be too ballsy to fakeclaim when somebody could very easily nameclaim and send him to the gallows quick.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 1.4

"After all this time?" -Dumbledore
"Always." -Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

BloodCovenant - 3 (Shahrizai, Yates, I Am Innocent)
Yates - 2 (Benmage, AurorusVox)
rapidcanyon - 2 (PeregrineV, jasonT1981)
zabriel - 2 (Tammy, Nero Cain)
jasonT1981 - 1 (Zoroaster)
Amrun - 1 (Melmond)
Benmage - 1 (Acosmist)
Zoroaster - 1 (ThAdmiral)
Kublai Khan - 1 (rapidcanyon)

Not voting - Kise, BloodCovenant, Amrun, snifit, Cybertronix, zabriel, Kublai Khan

I Am Innocent has recieved his first prod.

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is 10 PM EST on October 29, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 186, Benmage wrote:I am more enlightening everyone to previously effective scum tactics. I think this is the second time you've made false undermining statements regarding me.

But Ben, all but a few of the playerbase have been here awhile. So there's little need to enlighten. That's cute. Ben pushed back.

In post 187, zabriel wrote:I am not a fan of anybody on the Aco wagon.

no one is voting him. lol

Why do people think this is town? Zab is ignoring
EVERYTHING
directed at him. Slot needs death.

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Benmage »

What else would have been worth wild for early game discussion Nero?? The color of the sky? Awesome. Thanks for illustrating how little a clue about mafia you really have.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

The color of the sky would have been an awesome topic. But in all SRSness, all but like 3 of the players are new so spending several posts ranting about how scum in the past have done lolfakeclaim. No it looks very much like you throwing gasoline on him. And its even odder that you have a town read on the slot but you feel its so necessary to "educate" the playerbase that he could be fakeclaiming. Stance makes no sense coming from town.

As far as your "Nero iz makin' false statements about me!!!" Bullshit. I had pointed out that you had lightly attacked Jason for his vote on RC but not PV. That's not a false statement in the least.

Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:50 pm

Post by Acosmist »

In post 189, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 186, Benmage wrote:I am more enlightening everyone to previously effective scum tactics. I think this is the second time you've made false undermining statements regarding me.

But Ben, all but a few of the playerbase have been here awhile. So there's little need to enlighten. That's cute. Ben pushed back.

EVERYTHING

That's a good point, what wagon? Did I ever even get a vote? I certainly have none now.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 192, Acosmist wrote:
In post 189, Nero Cain wrote:

EVERYTHING

That's a good point, what wagon? Did I ever even get a vote? I certainly have none now.

Yea, I voted you on page one, then unvoted when it was pointed out to me I was wrong. Sorry about that one lol
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Maybe earlier, still it looks like Zab isn't paying attention and light defending you.

MOAR VOTES AND COMMENTS ON ZAB.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 194, Nero Cain wrote:Maybe earlier, still it looks like Zab isn't paying attention and light defending you.

A Zab flip could be pretty interesting in terms of Acosmist alignment with the soft defending.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: zabriel

zabriel , why are you not a fan of anyone on the wagon?
do you see Acos as town?

He was pretty quick to jump at me for making the mistake of the Solid Snake claim, he has done a lot of defending but given little reasoning for it too.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by Acosmist »

In post 195, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 194, Nero Cain wrote:Maybe earlier, still it looks like Zab isn't paying attention and light defending you.

A Zab flip could be pretty interesting in terms of Acosmist alignment with the soft defending.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: zabriel

zabriel , why are you not a fan of anyone on the wagon?
do you see Acos as town?

He was pretty quick to jump at me for making the mistake of the Solid Snake claim, he has done a lot of defending but given little reasoning for it too.

UNVOTE: , VOTE: zabriel

good stuff above
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

AV blows too. Dude is posting it up all over the site, Has no real content in this game, Hops on an EZ/lame Jason wagon. And then votes Yates for...being the leading wagon?

Between Zab, AV and Ben I'd love to spill one of their blood.

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 175, Benmage wrote:
@Thad
an explained vote would rock.

I actually meant to vote and forgot. ("An unused vote is a useless vote" right thad? I'm such a hypocrite! :oops: )
It's out of bloodcovenant, zabriel and I am innocent for reasons mentioned in the wall post. Iac interests me the most right now.

vote: I am innocent

@ yates and jason: could the argument between you two be more pendantic?

In post 181, Acosmist wrote:
In post 173, ThAdmiral wrote:
Do you have any reason to assume the person who targets you wouldn't die immediately?

I'm not sure they would die immediately. I'm not sure they wouldn't.

In any case since you have claimed this much would you mind giving your flavour.

I am a FOXDIE carrier.

Interesting.
I pretty much buy your claim.

In post 187, zabriel wrote:I am not a fan of anybody on the Aco wagon. The claim fits the theme, but it's different enough from the expectation that it's unlikely that he pulled it out of his ass. I'm pretty sure some of the pressure on him is scum looking to push a mislynch.

What is this?
1. no one is on the acosmist wagon. He literally has 0 votes.
2. "I'm pretty sure some of the pressure on him is scum" is a pretty pointless statement. A useful statement would be
who
you think are the scummy ones pushing for a mislynch. But this might be difficult because of the, you know, no one voting him bit.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

you may be right about AV actually, looking in ISO

In post 123, AurorusVox wrote:
In post 117, Cybertronix wrote:This is my first large theme game, but I have to agree that speculating on PRs and alignment this early is dangerous. Wouldn't this type of discussion be more suited for D2?

Um.

Anyway
Vote: Yates

Cyber if you're lost just sheep me. This is a good vote.

Alright.

If it is a good vote, why had you not mentioned him once before?
if it is a good vote why are you not giving any reasons?
If it is a good vote, Why is it a good vote?
Why do you think yates is scum?

you have my attention, prove to me as to why Yates is a good vote.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”