Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:10 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

BabyJesus (7): Mastermind of Sin, Harry_Potter, PookyTheMagicalBear, mathcam, Fuldu, zu_Faul, spectrumvoid
Harry_Potter (6): BabyJesus, armlx, MrBuddyLee, inHimshallibe, TheCesspit, ibaesha
inHimshallibe (2): the silent speaker, Yosarian2

Not Voting: Colonel Kurtz, Coron, Max, mystery meat of doom

10 to lynch.

And for those who don't read the bottom of pages, the deadline has been removed.
Success breeds suspicion
Harry_Potter
Harry_Potter
Goon
Harry_Potter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:41 am

Post by Harry_Potter »

I really don't understand a case against me at this point. I get that originally I was being voted for being a lurker, but it seems like after I said that BJ is not playing the same way he has played previously, that some people are following BJ's omgus vote back on me. I said before that I was voting BJ based on his actions this game vs other games. I admitted that I was voting based on my instincts. I didn't ask him to defend himself because who can defend against "gut hunch"? What got me REALLY interested was his vote back because the only time BJ omgus votes is when 1: a veteran player votes him, or 2: when an actual case is made against him. I did neither which makes me a little more suspicious. It seems like everytime he posts, I get more and more certain of him being scum. This in turn worries me because either I was right on the money and managed to catch scum by instinct alone or I'm totally off base here and will probably be vigged tonight or lynched tomorrow.

I get that if I'm wrong and BJ is a townie that most likely I am dead tomorrow, but you know what? I don't think I'm wrong.
Show
Record on this site-
T/M/N- 2/1/0
W/L/T- 1/1/?
NK/L/S- 2/1/0

Games Completed- 2
Games in Progress- 3
Survivor Mafia- dead
Evolution Mafia- alive
Jack of all Trades Mafia- alive
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:03 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Harry_Potter wrote:
I get that if I'm wrong and BJ is a townie that most likely I am dead tomorrow, but you know what? I don't think I'm wrong.
:lol: :lol:
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:05 am

Post by BabyJesus »

mathcam wrote:
BabyJesus wrote: So - basically you don;t give a shit "why" I claimed and are going to vote me regardless.
This is laughable. How are those two things even related? I very much give a shit why you claimed, and am voting you "regardless" until then. This is why I, and others, have been asking you to explain yourself for the last dozen posts. And yes, until then, you have earned my vote. It would be senseless for me to wait for you to explain yourself until voting, because it is evident just how very long that could take. At this point, you've stalled so long that it would take a pretty miraculous explanation to earn an unvote, but nevertheless, I'm all ears.

Cam
skimmer - I already explained why I claimed - I was being run up. I don;t understand what MORE you think there is. that's all there is to it. If that doesn't satisfy you, then continue to vote me off, and you can pat yourself on the back during the night for getting a pro-town player lynched. I can;t respond any more then I already have.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:06 am

Post by Fuldu »

That speaks more to my question than it does to mathcam's, so I'll respond. What more there is is that normally one claims when one is being run up in order to deter people from voting you. As a full mason in a normal game, this would be a reasonable strategy. But, as has been noted several times, it doesn't mean anything in this game. And you yourself said:
BabyJesus wrote:it's not a defense. It was a claim.
and
BabyJesus wrote:Please bump where I ever said you should not vote for me because I am a mason.
So even you didn't think you were claiming in order to prevent a lynch. So your argument that you claimed because you were being run up makes no sense. The question is not simply "Why did you claim," any more. It's closer to "Given that they would be equally effective strategies in preventing your lynch and that you've said that you knew it, why did you claim instead of, say, dancing around while wearing a funny hat?" Because I'd be happy to institute a "standard practice" of dancing around while wearing a funny hat if I'm being run up, but given that I wouldn't expect it to help things any, I probably won't.

And, speaking for mathcam, since I think I understand what he's getting at now, your outing of ibaesha as your co-mason is equally incoherent as a strategy. Having done so doesn't, that I can see or that you've explained (or even acknowledged the question), serve town interests in any way. Normally when a player claims mason, they keep the identity of their partner secret. You haven't yet attempted to respond to questions about why you didn't.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:24 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

TheCesspit wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote: your voting pattern is highly suspect
No, it isn't.
No content.

You see it's posts like that make me want to return my vote on BJ. Your voting pattern is poor, and there is a case to answer. Your dismissal of it as beneath you make you look unhelpful. Unhelpful players are scum, wether it says so in their role description or not.

My original vote on BabyJesus was about lack of content and vote hopping. This may well be standard play, but play I don't like. he's then go on to start posting and providing some info. While it's not the mostest helpfulish ever, Harry Potter's voting looks worse.

I'd say more pressure on BJ tomorrow is the correct play, while HP today is the lynch.

Your mileage may vary.
wow...I think I have my play for tomorrow...just...wow...
TheCesspit wrote:Baby Jesus accusation only holds water if Harry is scum. In fact, that sort of comment is setting up an argument for a later claim that mathcam (or anyone else deflecting) is scum as well.

Pretty happy with either BJ or Harry Potter as the lynch now, as it provides information on a fair few people's motives.
TheCesspit wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote: your voting pattern is highly suspect
No, it isn't.
No content.

You see it's posts like that make me want to return my vote on BJ. Your voting pattern is poor, and there is a case to answer. Your dismissal of it as beneath you make you look unhelpful. Unhelpful players are scum, wether it says so in their role description or not.

My original vote on BabyJesus was about lack of content and vote hopping. This may well be standard play, but play I don't like. he's then go on to start posting and providing some info. While it's not the mostest helpfulish ever, Harry Potter's voting looks worse.

I'd say more pressure on BJ tomorrow is the correct play, while HP today is the lynch.

Your mileage may vary.
wow...I think I have my play for tomorrow...just...wow...I don't even know where to start with this...O.O
Permanent V/LA.
Harry_Potter
Harry_Potter
Goon
Harry_Potter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:16 pm

Post by Harry_Potter »

Wow, thanks for quoting that, I missed it. So according to you, BJ's vote hopping is suspect but so is my voting someone and sticking with it?? I don't even know what to make of this...
Show
Record on this site-
T/M/N- 2/1/0
W/L/T- 1/1/?
NK/L/S- 2/1/0

Games Completed- 2
Games in Progress- 3
Survivor Mafia- dead
Evolution Mafia- alive
Jack of all Trades Mafia- alive
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:56 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Fuldu wrote:That speaks more to my question than it does to mathcam's, so I'll respond. What more there is is that normally one claims when one is being run up in order to deter people from voting you. As a full mason in a normal game, this would be a reasonable strategy. But, as has been noted several times, it doesn't mean anything in this game. And you yourself said:
BabyJesus wrote:it's not a defense. It was a claim.
and
BabyJesus wrote:Please bump where I ever said you should not vote for me because I am a mason.
So even you didn't think you were claiming in order to prevent a lynch. So your argument that you claimed because you were being run up makes no sense. The question is not simply "Why did you claim," any more. It's closer to "Given that they would be equally effective strategies in preventing your lynch and that you've said that you knew it, why did you claim instead of, say, dancing around while wearing a funny hat?" Because I'd be happy to institute a "standard practice" of dancing around while wearing a funny hat if I'm being run up, but given that I wouldn't expect it to help things any, I probably won't.

And, speaking for mathcam, since I think I understand what he's getting at now, your outing of ibaesha as your co-mason is equally incoherent as a strategy. Having done so doesn't, that I can see or that you've explained (or even acknowledged the question), serve town interests in any way. Normally when a player claims mason, they keep the identity of their partner secret. You haven't yet attempted to respond to questions about why you didn't.
:roll:
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:58 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

those two quotes were right after this one from a page or two earlier...
TheCesspit wrote:Oops, it was silent speaker.

Unvote: BabyJesus

Vote: Harry Potter

I half like BJ's defence, and I was originally voting for lack of content. I admonish both the Masons for not talking as even not knowing the alignment, I'm sure you could help each other, or while away the nights with some info passing.

I don't like Harry Potter's vote on BJ, along with the rest of his play.

I have some concerns on ibashea's pursuit onto BJ, as there's a little bit of desperation sounding in their posts. However, it has got BJ posting.
which is interesting, especially since BJ hadn't put up an even remotely decent defense yet...I also want to know why TheCesspit thinks Ibby sounds
desparate?
Permanent V/LA.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:20 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: which is interesting, especially since BJ hadn't put up an even remotely decent defense yet...I also want to know why TheCesspit thinks Ibby sounds
desparate?
Yes I have.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:24 pm

Post by mathcam »

BabyJesus wrote: skimmer - I already explained why I claimed - I was being run up. I don;t understand what MORE you think there is. that's all there is to it. If that doesn't satisfy you, then continue to vote me off, and you can pat yourself on the back during the night for getting a pro-town player lynched. I can;t respond any more then I already have.
Huh? First of all, if you read my last post, you'll note that I take issue with your statement that you have actually fully claimed. You've only revealed one facet of your role. Second,
you
were the only one implying there was some other reason you claimed, with your
BJ wrote:So - basically you don;t give a shit "why" I claimed and are going to vote me regardless.
If your only reason was that you were being run up, why would you put the quotes around "why"?

You could respond by addressing the myriad of questions put before you which you pretend not to see, notably how you thought that Ibby was being unhelpful, and what you thought she could have done differently.

But of course, this discussion is ridiculous. I'm certainly not going to convince BJ to admit his own guilt. More productively...Could someone not voting for BJ (other than BJ, of course) please explain why?

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:24 pm

Post by mathcam »

BabyJesus wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote: which is interesting, especially since BJ hadn't put up an even remotely decent defense yet...I also want to know why TheCesspit thinks Ibby sounds
desparate?
Yes I have.
Thanks goodness! If you've finally come up with a good defense, you should post it in the thread and not just keep it to yourself.

Cam
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by ibaesha »

MoS wrote: I also want to know why TheCesspit thinks Ibby sounds desparate?
I do too. Desperation is not something I've been feeling so I'm unsure how it would've been conveyed. I will admit to being fairly confused about the game, in fact:
mathcam restating Spamwise wrote:This game hurts my head. I'll refrain from vouching things about this game when I don't really understand how it all -- namely offices, role, and motives -- fit together.
Is very much how I've been feeling.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:43 pm

Post by ibaesha »

mathcam wrote:More productively...Could someone not voting for BJ (other than BJ, of course) please explain why?
I've already explained this on my part. Although BJ's continued avoidance of bringing forward a suitable defense is making me unsure of that decision. I'm starting to think that his behavior is going to carry onward to night and that I'll be wasting my time and effort. (Which is exactly why I didn't bother to PM him last night)

So BJ: Is it going to be a waste of my time and effort to communicate with you tonight? Are you going to continue with the unhelpful and uninsightful behavior? Just tell me now and I won't bother.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

mathcam wrote: More productively...Could someone not voting for BJ (other than BJ, of course) please explain why?
Well, that's kind of a wierd question. So, why should we lynch BJ today, exactally? The role-claim thing was wierd, and I think he made a mistake naming his "mason partner", but otherwise I would expect most people with any kind of night ability at all to claim before being lynched this game; it might help you not get lynched, and even if not it might be useful for other reasons to claim before being lynched, like if at least some of those room switchers are pro-town.

I don't really think the role-claiming stuff is enough reason to lynch him. What other reasons do you think there are to lynch him?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:14 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Heh.

Interesting, mathcam and Fuldu, that you're concerned BabyJ "outed his partner" when none of us know if ibaesha is pro-town (if I missed something, let me know).

Just... heh.

And, I'm not voting BabyJ at the moment because H_P is such a better option.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:29 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

mathcam wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
desparate?
Yes I have.
Thanks goodness! If you've finally come up with a good defense, you should post it in the thread and not just keep it to yourself.

Cam
I just double checked my PM. It says I am pro-town.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:31 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

mathcam wrote:
BabyJesus wrote: skimmer - I already explained why I claimed - I was being run up. I don;t understand what MORE you think there is. that's all there is to it. If that doesn't satisfy you, then continue to vote me off, and you can pat yourself on the back during the night for getting a pro-town player lynched. I can;t respond any more then I already have.
Huh? First of all, if you read my last post, you'll note that I take issue with your statement that you have actually fully claimed. You've only revealed one facet of your role.
WTF are you talking about? I only HAVE one facet to my role. There's nothing else to my role other then what I have said. Are you on crack or something? Do some people here have roles independent of their office? If so, I did not get one.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:33 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

mathcam wrote:
Huh? First of all, if you read my last post, you'll note that I take issue with your statement that you have actually fully claimed. You've only revealed one facet of your role.
WTF are you talking about? I only HAVE one facet to my role. There's nothing else to my role other then what I have said. Are you on crack or something? Do some people here have roles independent of their office? If so, I did not get one.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:17 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

BabyJesus wrote:
mathcam wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
desparate?
Yes I have.

Cam
Unvote: Harry Potter

Vote: BabyJesus

Ignoring MoS's comment (I'll come back to it later), this comment makes me sure BabyJesus is a lying liar scum.

Yes, I've voted between HP and BJ. Why, because I think both are scum, but can't work out which is the scummier. I think BJ is trying to throw his scum partner under the bus for a later attack.

I'll let MoS make his play on me tomorrow. He shoudl really realise by now I say stupid things that make him exclaim my stupidity time and time again...

Ibashea: Basically, I thought some of earlier posts on the BJ wagon were overly aggressive. Thus I felt you were being desperate. Actually, I was wrong, they've applied the right amount of pressure.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:08 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

TheCesspit wrote:this comment makes me sure BabyJesus is a lying liar scum.

Yes, I've voted between HP and BJ. Why, because I think both are scum, but can't work out which is the scummier. I think BJ is trying to throw his scum partner under the bus for a later attack.
I don't like the certitude of these statements.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:48 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

You're sure Baby jesus is scum because he said he's pro-town? What?

Really not buying this.

unvote
vote:thecesspit
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:33 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

TheCesspit wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
mathcam wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
desparate?
Yes I have.

Cam
Unvote: Harry Potter

Vote: BabyJesus

Ignoring MoS's comment (I'll come back to it later), this comment makes me sure BabyJesus is a lying liar scum.
Image Image Image
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:02 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Basically BJ's comment that his pm says his pro-town shows that he's lying. My PM doesn't state my alignment. So his lying about his pm, which may mean that he's scum.
Blank.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:17 am

Post by TheCesspit »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
TheCesspit wrote:this comment makes me sure BabyJesus is a lying liar scum.

I don't like the certitude of these statements.
I think isn't particularly certitude. It's my opinion of whats going on. Fates amenable to change.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”