The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - Summer 2024 NEW SERVER!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

Event & Minigame RSVP ~ Week of 20/5 - 26/5:

Server START-UP Celebration - 24/5/2024 (To-Be-Finalized!)
50%
Inaugural SPLEEF Tourney - (Share your date/time preference!)
25%
Other Games, Speedrun Maps, IDK?! - (Share in comments!)
25%

Total votes: 4

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7100 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Maze 3 is a bag of dicks. That's the underground one with the TROLOLOLOLOL signs everywhere.

Maze 4 is pretty simple, though obviously not EASY. But anything feels easy after doing Maze 3.
green shirt thursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #7101 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I don't know what ya'll are talking about, maze 3 wasn't that bad
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7102 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

you are too good at mazes imo imo

ALSOOOOOOOOOOOOO the library skydome is completed at the lovenest so if anyone's in the vinelands and needs to enchant, head upstairs to the glass domes and it's there

i think the next project is going to be building a railway from the spawn point to our house (or possibly just doing the Vineland Rail Station idea that UT had)

i want to start construction in Vineland to make it look more...populated...when you warp in
green shirt thursdays
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7103 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

I was actually going to do a rail station in Vineland so I could get around easier, since the villages I've found so far are so far apart, my home base is going to be at the one I fixed up, and Vinelands is FAR bigger than I thought. Let me know when you start to do it and are tossing ideas around and I'll connect and join in and help. I know redstone really well, have built a lot of rails, and have saved up about 200-300 iron and around 50 gold for one so far.

[Edit]
Just to give you guys a good idea of Vinelands, I'll say I traveled as far North as I could. I'm still not sure if I've been as far as the continent extends but I will say I've traveled nearly 4,000 blocks before I had to warp back to the origin because I ran out of food, coal, and torches.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7104 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by Claus »

Vinelands is at -40k, -15k from spawn. When I used to build railways back in the old server, simply a 1K railway was already a huge headache.

Maybe make a nether path + railway first?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #7105 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

the plan is to build a hub from which anyone who lives in vineland can connect their house via rail

I put a cobble foundation down, it's next to the warp. We can get started in force on it tomorrow.

also, did you check the dynamic map first? a lot of vineland had already been explored. I think we shouldn't push out more, so that when Jeb inevitably just has new stuff only spawn in new chunks, we won't have to travel far
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7106 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 7104, Claus wrote:Vinelands is at -40k, -15k from spawn. When I used to build railways back in the old server, simply a 1K railway was already a huge headache.

Maybe make a nether path + railway first?

The first part is the station, etc. Since we'll have multiple people, it'll take a while. The actual rail to my house and other villages I want, I'll do by myself if noone else wants to help with. The station is just something I would build first with stuff like "cart docking, destination select, etc.". All we have do past that is build the actual rails and make sure it's easily expandable as a station. At least, that was what I got by the idea of a "station". I can build the complicated parts pretty easily because I already am familiar with them and have done stuff like this before.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7107 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

But yeah, the actual rail to my house will take a long time. That's not something I was proposing everyone work on while doing the station by no means.

[Edit]
Oh, I see you meant as in a fucking rail ALL THE WAY to spawntown. Jesus christ, NO. Yes, if we want a railway at the station to spawntown, simply put a nether portal under it's destination name and have the actual railway be inside the nether.

also, did you check the dynamic map first?

No. I don't think I went into new territory too much. I didn't look because I wanted to find loot noone else had taken all the valuables out of beforehand (re: obsidian in destroyed desert village). I found a desert temple that was 3/4 underground, dismantled the trap, and put up torches around it to mark that I had been there before, just in case anyone else finds it. Anyways, yeah, I don't plan to go exploring again. That was mostly a "Im bored of mining and building, going to go explore, see what I find, and when I run out of stuff, I'll stop" one-time thing.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #7108 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Spoiler: Train Station
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7109 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Just so you know, I'm going to expand it. What I'm going to use to store carts/the redstone design I will use for tracks means I need to design it to have more than one floor.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #7110 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I intended for it to have multiple floors, so that sounds great to me
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7111 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Brock and I competed our rail. Come visit.
green shirt thursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #7112 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:29 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I have a good design plan for the rail station. Don't build shit on it for the moment
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7113 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm playing waking up on hard lol.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7114 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:28 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 7064, Xalxe wrote:But the point of SPAWNTOWN is to have a place close to SPAWN for people to build in and start in. There's shit all around the town. Why move to another town that newbies will have to get to by figuring out how warps work? Easier to just expand the walls like I suggested.
It would be cooler to just add more walls around the current walls rather than tearing down walls and moving them farther out. It'd be like, different districts or something. Rings on an old tree.

In post 7100, xRECKONERx wrote:Maze 3 is a bag of dicks. That's the underground one with the TROLOLOLOLOL signs everywhere.

Maze 4 is pretty simple, though obviously not EASY. But anything feels easy after doing Maze 3.
izak's trololo maze was easily solved just by using the hug the right wall method. Took... a while that way, but it was trivial. was maze 4 xalxe's skytown maze? I think that was the last one I did the last time I actually played.

So, when are you guys going to start making true 3D mazes? Pretty sure every maze so far (except my first simple one) are just 2D mazes. Only N-S and E-W options at each node. Gotta have the up-down option too, right? Not just levels. And (this was one of my planned mazes but seeing as I haven't been doing much lately I might as well inspire someone else to do it) we can also actually have true 4D mazes. With nether portals, we can add the "in-out" dimension as well.

My ziggurat maze plans have been ready to build for months I just haven't actually built it. But it is a true 3D maze. Maybe I will actually build it soon.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7115 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:46 am

Post by Claus »

In post 7114, Rhinox wrote:
In post 7064, Xalxe wrote:But the point of SPAWNTOWN is to have a place close to SPAWN for people to build in and start in. There's shit all around the town. Why move to another town that newbies will have to get to by figuring out how warps work? Easier to just expand the walls like I suggested.
It would be cooler to just add more walls around the current walls rather than tearing down walls and moving them farther out. It'd be like, different districts or something. Rings on an old tree.

I made this suggestion a long time ago, and I support it wholeheartedly. It would be beautiful, in an procedural kind of way :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7116 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:51 am

Post by Hinduragi »

That wall suggestion reminds me of FFVII and that intro scene. Oh man, the nostalgia.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7117 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:00 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I thought you were going to do Maze V, Rhinox?

(also IV did at least have multiple connected nodes for each level, it wasn't just linear progression)
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7118 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:13 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 7117, izakthegoomba wrote:I thought you were going to do Maze V, Rhinox?

(also IV did at least have multiple connected nodes for each level, it wasn't just linear progression)

Reck/Grimm did V with their glass maze.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7119 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:15 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, Rhinox said he was going to do V ages ago. I think.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7120 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:24 am

Post by Rhinox »

Yeah I said that. Then I didn't do it.

Perhaps I will now be inspired to do maze VI.

I think I was going to redesign it because when I first planned it, the world height was smaller. Since, the world height doubled so I was going to plan more layers, but I never did.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #7121 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 am

Post by Maestro »

Wut. More than 258 layers.....?

P.S. Xalxe, Y U taunt me? I am about to perform the ritual cleansing that we spoke about earlier.
Would you not like to be witness to this glorious act of liberation for the server?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7122 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:38 am

Post by Xalxe »

I am TRYING to do other work. Ritual cleansing can come later.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Xaxle you still mad?

And have any of you ever tried Vechs single player worlds?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #7124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:43 am

Post by Maestro »

Nope.

Xalxe, really quick. It'll be over before you can say "checkmate." :twisted:
I've set up a chain reaction of TNT throughout the chambers. It'll be quite a show!

Anybody who wants to watch should log on and tp to me.

Return to “The Arcade”