inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:57 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
vote: HarryPotter
Man, I almost agree...

Yeah, I do. Yosarian gets a break today.

unvote; vote: Harry_Potter
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:30 am

Post by ibaesha »

Harry_Potter wrote:@Baby Jesus- you jump all over with your votes every game is true, but normally your votes start out looking random and then ending up serving a purpose. Your voting here just doesn't have that flavor. The more I look at how things happened, the more positive I am that you are the scum buddy bluemonick was talking about.

confirm vote Baby Jesus
Echo echo echo. You just restated MoS's argument and part of mine. Do you have thoughts on anyone/anything else in this game, or are you just going to continue lurking and piggy-backing other people's arguments? I'm heavily considering moving my vote back to you right now.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:29 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

BabyJesus (5): Mastermind of Sin, TheCesspit, Harry_Potter, ibaesha, PookyTheMagicalBear
Harry_Potter (4): BabyJesus, armlx, MrBuddyLee, inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe (3): the silent speaker, Yosarian2, spectrumvoid
mathcam (1): zu_Faul
Max (1): mathcam

Not Voting: Colonel Kurtz, Coron, Fuldu, Max, mystery meat of doom

10 to lynch.

As usual, let me know if there's anyone I need to be concerned about with respect to participation.
Success breeds suspicion
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:57 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Seriously if BJ didn't use the ability to talk because he was unsure of alignment, and he voted his fellow mason partner, why in the world is he using the 'I'm your mason partner, don't vote for me' defense? There seems to be a contradiction there.

unvote
I need to reconsider.
Blank.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:39 am

Post by BabyJesus »

zu_Faul wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
Fuldu wrote:
ibaesha wrote:4. You voted mathcam earlier today, why? If you can call me a mason buddy, then mathcam would be a former mason buddy, wouldn't he?
I think this is the only one of the points against BJ that merits any discussion. How about it, BJ? If you were trying to use "mason buddy" as a defense, then how does this vote on mathcam make any sense? If you weren't trying to use it as a defense, then why bring it up at all?
it's not a defense. It was a claim. I thought I stated very clearly that I did not know the alignment of my partner(s).

Onn that note - did we ever determine who was responsible for the swapping of roles? Scum/town?
Do you want to distract?
FOS: BJ

While your role seems to be proven (and if I understand it correctly, mathcam had the same role, and Ibby has it now because she took mathcam's office), your alignment is not.
My vote still stays.
distract from what? My swapping of roles question? Not at all. For instance, if it was scum DOING the swapping, then there is a high likelihood they would be swapping around one of their guys to try and find a seer-type office, right? Or is there some mechanic of this game I didn;t read closely enough?
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:40 am

Post by BabyJesus »

spectrumvoid wrote:Seriously if BJ didn't use the ability to talk because he was unsure of alignment, and he voted his fellow mason partner, why in the world is he using the 'I'm your mason partner, don't vote for me' defense? There seems to be a contradiction there.

unvote
I need to reconsider.
Please bump where I ever said you should not vote for me because I am a mason. tia. I said don;t vote for me because I'm not SCUM, sure.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:27 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

BabyJesus wrote:
distract from what? My swapping of roles question? Not at all. For instance, if it was scum DOING the swapping, then there is a high likelihood they would be swapping around one of their guys to try and find a seer-type office, right? Or is there some mechanic of this game I didn;t read closely enough?
No, we haven't established who is doing the role swapping, or who blew up my office yet for that matter.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:22 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Hey guys.
I see some familiar faces and it's good to be playing with you all again :).
I'm going to be pretty busy over the next few days, but I'll try to read over the thread by sunday and get posting.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:31 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

ibaesha wrote:
Harry_Potter wrote:@Baby Jesus- you jump all over with your votes every game is true, but normally your votes start out looking random and then ending up serving a purpose. Your voting here just doesn't have that flavor. The more I look at how things happened, the more positive I am that you are the scum buddy bluemonick was talking about.

confirm vote Baby Jesus
Echo echo echo. You just restated MoS's argument and part of mine. Do you have thoughts on anyone/anything else in this game, or are you just going to continue lurking and piggy-backing other people's arguments? I'm heavily considering moving my vote back to you right now.
While I agree with this somewhat, would you like to point out something NEW that he could've introduced as an argument against BJ that hadn't been said already?
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:05 am

Post by ibaesha »

No, not really. But that's not entirely my problem with him. My problem is that his contributions in the game have been sparse (almost an understatement) and singularly focused while simply echoing other people. While he's happy to jump on BJ's voting record and actions, he doesn't answer for his own.

Here's what he's done:
random vote pooky
gets on mlaker/bogre wagon and stays on it the rest of the day without saying much else
votes kurtz based on someone else's reasoning - offers nothing else
(doesn't post for 23 days after saying he'd be gone for 5)
compares bj to pooky after bj receives a couple votes, but appears to believe pooky's behavior is okay and bj's isn't, but doesn't vote yet.
Decides to use other people's reasoning to vote BJ after he gets a couple votes himself.
confirm votes bj again echoing other people's reasoning.

Essentially, there has not really been one original thought from him the entire game. Every single vote he's made has been a bandwagon vote based on other people's reasoning.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:08 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
ibaesha wrote:

confirm vote Baby Jesus
While I agree with this somewhat, would you like to point out something NEW that he could've introduced as an argument against BJ that hadn't been said already?
While I suppose you're just trying to make the point about what BabyJ is doing (or lack thereof), your comment almost seems like you want to just pile something else on top of BabyJ, but that you yourself won't be doing that. What you are accusing BabyJ of right now does not convince me, because of the player he is, that he is scum, and the fact that you keep pushing that one point detracts from your argument.

And iba, good post on H_P. Now, vote him. :D
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:18 am

Post by ibaesha »

If I don't see a content-full post with original thought from H_P and soon, I more than likely will. The fact is, even though I'm suspicious of BJ, I would like to have the chance to talk with him at night that we didn't give ourselves last night. If he is town and we can settle our differences, it could turn out to be a strength. Right now they're fairly equal in scumminess for me, with BJ just ahead based on the possibility that he bussed bluemonick.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:00 am

Post by Fuldu »

BabyJesus wrote:Please bump where I ever said you should not vote for me because I am a mason.
If trying to get people to not vote for you wasn't the goal of the claim, then what purpose did claiming serve?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:03 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ibaesha wrote:If he is town and we can settle our differences, it could turn out to be a strength.
Do you really believe you can settle your differences and gain much insight on BJ's alignment through a few night PMs? Your line of argument is not ringing true to me, Ibby.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:17 am

Post by ibaesha »

I do think it's possible. Why wouldn't it be? He can either convince me he's town or not. There's plenty of things I have to discuss with him, that might shed some light for me about his alignment. If he is town and we can work together to catch scum, that's definately a strength for the town. Yes, he could also fool me into believing he is town when he's not, but I doubt his ability to do this as well as some other people.

What doesn't ring true to you? Please explain your line of thinking.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:16 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

ibaesha wrote:I'm back too. It's nice to see active replacements.

I agree that bluemonick's statement about being nabbed by his scumbuddy is something that shouldn't be ignored. The problem I'm having with it is that the first person that comes to mind for me is Fuldu, who has appeared fairly pro-town to me. He essentially was the one that called BS first and the wagon initially formed based on his argument, which I very much agreed with.
I purely read his comment as aimed at the hammer wielder which was you (as I recall)... I didn't think it meant much as it's WIFOM on whether he's selling you out or trying to make the next lynch better for the Scummers.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:18 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I was the 2nd vote on his wagon so you definately recall wrong.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:28 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

ibaesha wrote:I do think it's possible. Why wouldn't it be? He can either convince me he's town or not. There's plenty of things I have to discuss with him, that might shed some light for me about his alignment. If he is town and we can work together to catch scum, that's definately a strength for the town. Yes, he could also fool me into believing he is town when he's not, but I doubt his ability to do this as well as some other people.

What doesn't ring true to you? Please explain your line of thinking.
I'm having trouble picturing him saying something to you in a PM that could convince you he was innocent that he couldn't/wouldn't say in the thread. The only reason to not say something in the thread would be if you had some kind of role-based information or some kind of hunch about who a power role was or something like that, but as you don't know his alignment and he dosn't know yours, I don't imagine either of you would want to say anything like that in a PM either.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:31 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

Oops, it was silent speaker.

Unvote: BabyJesus

Vote: Harry Potter

I half like BJ's defence, and I was originally voting for lack of content. I admonish both the Masons for not talking as even not knowing the alignment, I'm sure you could help each other, or while away the nights with some info passing.

I don't like Harry Potter's vote on BJ, along with the rest of his play.

I have some concerns on ibashea's pursuit onto BJ, as there's a little bit of desperation sounding in their posts. However, it has got BJ posting.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:02 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Yosarian wrote:I'm having trouble picturing him saying something to you in a PM that could convince you he was innocent that he couldn't/wouldn't say in the thread.
It's mostly to do with the mechanics of the game, taking into consideration what we (me and BJ)know. I've already begun asking him some questions in the thread, but there are other questions I have. They are questions I'm not inclined to ask in the thread because it would be revealing more information than I'd like to. Based on how he responds to these questions, I might be able to discern better if he's town or scum.

And by having to explain my thoughts in detail about this topic, I'm more convinced that it is exactly what I should do.

unvote; vote Harry Potter
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:34 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

hi
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:31 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I've been suspicious about Harry Potter ever since that BJ vote. He's #2 on my list of suspicion right now.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:34 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Yosarian2 wrote:I've been suspicious about Harry Potter ever since that BJ vote. He's #2 on my list of suspicion right now.
I thought it was suspicious also....
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:27 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
ibaesha wrote:

confirm vote Baby Jesus
While I suppose you're just trying to make the point about what BabyJ is doing (or lack thereof), your comment almost seems like you want to just pile something else on top of BabyJ, but that you yourself won't be doing that. What you are accusing BabyJ of right now does not convince me, because of the player he is, that he is scum, and the fact that you keep pushing that one point detracts from your argument.

And iba, good post on H_P. Now, vote him. :D
Umm, wtf are you implying here? I was making the point that there wasn't much more to be said about BJ that HP
could've
contributed, so it makes perfect sense that he would be agreeing with other people when he placed his vote.

That being said, I am very curious as to the sudden drop in support for the BJ wagon, especially TheCesspit's. I don't believe that BJ has put up a very good defense at all. All he's done is dismiss everything against him as if it was inconsequential. Nothing has
changed
, but all of a sudden people are "rethinking" their opinions of BJ. I find this highly suspect.
Permanent V/LA.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:42 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: I don't believe that BJ has put up a very good defense at all. All he's done is dismiss everything against him as if it was inconsequential. Nothing has
changed
, but all of a sudden people are "rethinking" their opinions of BJ. I find this highly suspect.
That's because your little "case" against me IS highly inconsequential. The fact that you don;t believe I have put up a good defense has no bearing on the actual truth of the matter - which is that nothing I have done is a scum indication. The fact that you are continuing to try and push my lynch rather then attempt to find scum is telling.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”