Yawesome
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:04 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

BabyJesus (3): Mastermind of Sin, TheCesspit, spectrumvoid
mathcam (2): zu_Faul, BabyJesus
Harry_Potter (2): ibaesha, Yosarian2

Not Voting: armlx, Colonel Kurtz, Coron, Fuldu, Harry_Potter, Masterchief, Max, MrBuddyLee, mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, mathcam, the silent speaker

10 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:05 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

unvote

I like mathcam's post 592. I'll go have another look at the three.
Blank.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

mathcam wrote:
Yos wrote:Actually, at the time I was suspicious that it might be Brian McQueso who was his scumbuddy, but that's clearly not true.
Yeah, me too. But that the initial guess was wrong doesn't mean we should stop looking.

Cam
Fair enough. Still, while blue was perhaps was not the greatest stratigic thinker at mafia, it is still quite possible that the only purpose of that comment was to get back at Brian and/or other people on his bandwagon for getting him run up like that. The comment really did feel like a barb specfically directed at Brian, and Brian seemed to think so as well based on his later post.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Harry_Potter
Harry_Potter
Goon
Harry_Potter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:43 am

Post by Harry_Potter »

The fact that BJ is not only acting weird, but is also on mathcam's list of possible suspects leads me to think he would be a suitable 4th prospect. He was the penultimate voter on that wagon. I'm going with my instincts on this.

vote Baby Jesus
Show
Record on this site-
T/M/N- 2/1/0
W/L/T- 1/1/?
NK/L/S- 2/1/0

Games Completed- 2
Games in Progress- 3
Survivor Mafia- dead
Evolution Mafia- alive
Jack of all Trades Mafia- alive
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:38 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Harry_Potter wrote:The fact that BJ is not only acting weird, but is also on mathcam's list of possible suspects leads me to think he would be a suitable 4th prospect. He was the penultimate voter on that wagon. I'm going with my instincts on this.

vote Baby Jesus
piling on to get a train going on an innocent noted. Your instincts suck. Actually you are scum, but if you weren;t scum, you're instincts would suck.

vote scum Harry Potter

git er done.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:33 pm

Post by Yaw »

I don't expect this to be relevant, but just to be responsible...

I'm moving tomorrow. I expect to just be able to plug in my computer and have internet access, so I should have no disruption. Having not tried in this place before, of course, I can't guarantee it. At worst, I'll be gone for a few days while technical issues get worked out.

Pie has the most recent version of the game with all night choices, and has been instructed on what's going on with the prods. Even if I'm gone for a few days, you will experience no disruption in the modding of this game.
Success breeds suspicion
Harry_Potter
Harry_Potter
Goon
Harry_Potter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:50 am

Post by Harry_Potter »

wow, the WIFOM vote. excellent show of townieness.
Show
Record on this site-
T/M/N- 2/1/0
W/L/T- 1/1/?
NK/L/S- 2/1/0

Games Completed- 2
Games in Progress- 3
Survivor Mafia- dead
Evolution Mafia- alive
Jack of all Trades Mafia- alive
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:12 pm

Post by Yaw »

inHimshallibe replaces Masterchief, who as far as I can tell hasn't had his computer recover yet. Both Max and Pooky have picked up their PMs, so I'll hold off until tomorrow on them.
Success breeds suspicion
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:38 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Okay. Part II.

We begin with BMQ's post voting Yosarian for voting both Bogre and Lordy and assorted intangibles. He later explained this as fishing for scummy-looking agreements, which bluemonick provided. Fuldu promptly cast Bluemonick Vote #1.

Yosarian defended himself, townishly IMO, against BMQ's arguments.

Ibaesha cast vote #2, citing Fuldu's logic.
SpamWise wrote:Of the few wagons we've had today the Lordy one has been the best.
Pooky, seeing this as a defense of bluemonick, voted the latter (#3) and pseudo-FOSed SpamWise. In fairness, I don't necessarily read this as the bluemonick wagon being even on SpamWise's radar yet; it
was
still pretty new.
MBL wrote:Back with a beter post tomorrow when I get back in town.

ps. I'm not scum :D
I cite this because WTF?

Spectrumvoid cast vote #4 and disagreed with the lordy bandwagon because "what has he done to seem scummy?" There are and were good reasons to disagree with the lordy wagon, but that's not one of them.
Fritzler jumped bandwagons yet again with vote #5 for bluemonick.
BMQ cast vote #6, explaining he had used deliberately weak argumentation to shake things up.
Colonel Kurtz tried to vote bluemonick but messed up his tags; call it vote #6.5.
TheCesspit cast vote #7. He indicated suspicion of BMQ that he could have tried an attack, had it found weak, and covered it up as baiting, but added that bluemonick was suspicious for what he did regardless.
Masterchief provided vote #8:
I don't think this bandwagon is going to do much, but whatever.
Unvote Vote:bluemonick
A scummy, scummy post. First of all, what don't you think it will do? Pressure a claim? Find scum? Reach lynch size in the teeth of the mafia's efforts against? Secondly, "but whatever"? Que?

Yosarian immediately called him on this, but in the same double post added:
Anyway, I do think that bluemonick's post was very suspicious, and I'm considering voting him, but I'm not going to join it just yet as it's moving quite fast,
Hum. This wasn't so much a consideration with the lordy bandwagon.

Masterchief answered him that "I joined becasue if i didn't, it would look like i would be protecting him." *eyebrow* Oh-kay.

Meanwhile armlx declined to vote for bluemonick because Colonel Kurtz's attempted vote (no reasoning given) "just makes a stronger case for him."

Mystery meat voted Masterchief and Yosarian FOSed him for the above. Yos added:
We should still keep focus on bluemonick until he shows back up and at least tries to defend himself.
Yosarian, you'll note, is not in fact voting bluemonick
or
Masterchief as of this post. He is still voting Lordy.

Skimmy McSkim, Masterchief digs himself in deeper, then bluemonick makes a post accusing ibaesha of working with Yos. He had a whole interchange with ibby, prompting SpamWise:
He's sort of floundering, but not like a scum does, more like a newbie.
Clear defense of bluemonick here, or at least opposition to his lynch.

MrBuddyLee voted Harry Potter for no clear reason.

Spectrumvoid questioned bluemonick some more and bluemonick gave up.

Col. Kurtz cast vote #9 because of annoyance at bluemonick's surrender.

SpamWise voted Kurtz for citing this while admitting that he screwed up the tags before bluemonick quit.
There
is the collusion I was looking for in Part I. Sequence:
1. Masterchief random votes SpamWise.
2. Masterchief votes Kurtz.
3. SpamWise declines outright to vote Kurtz.
4. Masterchief unvotes Kurtz.
5. SpamWise votes Kurtz!
5a. He does this while a bandwagon is raging that will eventually kill scum,
not
when there was an actual Kurtz bandwagon.

Max demanded a claim, bluemonick confessed, and BabyJ (#10) and Max (#11) voted him.

Even though nothing much had been done
but
the bluemonick wagon in about three pages, and that had pretty clearly gotten as much usefulness out of it as it was going to get, MrBuddyLee made a last push to "get more information" while it was still day. This struck me as a last-ditch left-handed effort to find some alternative route than killing bluemonick, and I said so as I dropped the hammah.

Yosarian, it will be noted, never did vote bluemonick.

Assessment: There is quite a strong probability that both Masterchief and SpamWise are scum. Since SpamWise was just replaced,
vote: Masterchief, FOS: Mathcam.
There is a somewhat lesser probability that Yosarian is scum, but still more than enough to warrant a
FOS: Yosarian
. MrBuddyLee gets an IGMEOY; I think if bluemonick had anybody specific in mind with his "nabbed by my own scum buddy" it's most likely ibaesha, but I think he was most likely aiming to sow confusion. (This does not make the people on the bandwagon any more likely
town
, but bluemonick's comment can safely be ignored IMO.) Spectrumvoid has a few more scummish points against him, as does armlx, but they can be worried about later. Colonel Kurtz is probably less likely to be scum, but that could change in a hurry if I'm wrong about Masterchief and
SpamWise
mathcam.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:39 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

And now Masterchief gets replaced too. Son of an ancestor.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:54 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yes, I never did vote for bluemonick. The reason is the same one I just gave last page for waiting on voting for Lordy, except it's even MORE extreme in this case; as of the time of the posting, I was currently in something like 3 or 4 games with bluemonick, and in EVERY SINGLE ONE of those games he was looking incredibly scummy and seemed to be working as hard as he possibly could to get himself lynched. So rather then vote for him right away, I kept asking him questions, and doing my best to try and find out what his alignment was; I'd rather try to figure him out instead of just lynching him everywhere if he just always looks scummy. I kept pressure on him, and it was actually after attempting to respond to several of my questions when he completly broke down and confessed in that bizzare way. After that point I of course would have voted for him, but someone hammered him before I had the chance.

(shrug) In general, I often feel like I get better responses to questions if I demand someone answers my questions when I haven't voted for him yet, but while making it clear that I might vote for that person if they don't answer or if I don't like their answers. That's a common playstyle for me, especally when trying to figure out if a suspicious looking newbie is scum or just a townie playing badly, and I think an effective one; for example, look at the first day of Himalayan Mafia, where I asked Tidus several questions and kept putting pressure on him all day without voting for him, until he finally cracked and self destructed; and again, in that game, I never actually ended up voting for him.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:56 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, I should note that the key scumtell that started the bandwagon that ended up in bluemonick's death was the fact that he voted for me with a completely craplogical reason.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

And sorry about the triple post; I agree that Masterchief seemed very suspicious yesterday in relation to the blue bandwagon. That's a good point, I had kind of forgotten about that.
unvote:harry potter
vote:inhim
; I certanly don't want him lynched before he has a chance to catch up and post, and has a chance to defend himself, but I'm thinking he's probably the most suspicious person at the moment, so I might as well put my vote there at least for the moment.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:38 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Major alarm bells

vote Yos

moving to mich soon really busy last coupla days.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

"major alarm bells"? :roll:
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:16 am

Post by armlx »

Wait, Masterchief is still in this game? I was a little confused between this and Committee Mafia.

Vote Masterchief
for more or less what everyone else has said....
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:11 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

armlx wrote:Wait, Masterchief is still in this game? I was a little confused between this and Committee Mafia.

Vote Masterchief
for more or less what everyone else has said....
Well, he got replaced by InHim, but yeah.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anyway, remember everyone we have 4 days until the deadline, and no one has more then 3 votes. (September 7'th, I think the mod said). We have to get moving here.

I know it's a lot to catch up on, but we really need to hear from InHim soon.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:45 pm

Post by armlx »

the silent speaker wrote:Meanwhile armlx declined to vote for bluemonick because Colonel Kurtz's attempted vote (no reasoning given) "just makes a stronger case for him."
Misquoting/misunderstanding noted. I thought Colonel was scum here, so the vote on the growing wagon was a scum tell to me.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:47 pm

Post by armlx »

EBWODP: Just realized the deadline. Given the existing wagons, I'ld rather give Inhim time to talk. Guess its time to
Unvote, Vote HP
. Has he not hopped on the BJ wagon this page, I'ld be voting BabyJ, but now...
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:19 pm

Post by TheCesspit »

BabyJesus wrote:
Harry_Potter wrote:The fact that BJ is not only acting weird, but is also on mathcam's list of possible suspects leads me to think he would be a suitable 4th prospect. He was the penultimate voter on that wagon. I'm going with my instincts on this.

vote Baby Jesus
piling on to get a train going on an innocent noted. Your instincts suck. Actually you are scum, but if you weren;t scum, you're instincts would suck.

vote scum Harry Potter

git er done.
We don't know your innocence, so that's a spurious reason.

Confirm Vote: BabyJesus

Haven't we lynched him yet?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:16 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Just read all of this in the last hour or so. Let's say for all intents and purposes that I'm "caught up."

'k, so I'm in the lovely position of having to defend against actions that were not my own. I don't know why Masterchief did what he did. Nothing in my role PM tells me that I should have been thinking like Masterchief was. But, give me any more questions between now and the time I post and I'll try and give
some
sort of answer to all of the questions.

All I do know is that I have been thinking from about page 4 that Yosarian is scum.

I'll try and get to some reasons in a post later today. But, just for the record, my other scum candidates are Spamwise/mathcam, zu_Faul, and Coron.

vote: Yosarian2
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

inHimshallibe wrote:Just read all of this in the last hour or so. Let's say for all intents and purposes that I'm "caught up."

'k, so I'm in the lovely position of having to defend against actions that were not my own. I don't know why Masterchief did what he did. Nothing in my role PM tells me that I should have been thinking like Masterchief was. But, give me any more questions between now and the time I post and I'll try and give
some

All I do know is that I have been thinking from about page 4 that Yosarian is scum.

I'll try and get to some reasons in a post later today. But, just for the record, my other scum candidates are Spamwise/mathcam, zu_Faul, and Coron.

Care to explain that vote? I've now got two people voting for me for absolutly no reason.

And besides, page 4? I didn't even say much on page 4, except to mention that people shouldn't talk about this game in private messages.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:03 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I kinda pitied you a little, because you have the uneviable job of defending what someone else said. But your vote on Yos changed my mind, because it doesn't seem to make sense. Added to that is masterchief's scummy behaviour yesterday. I also agree with the later part of post 608. So
vote: inHim

Mod: can we have a vote count? And maybe get BJ replaced?
Blank.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:27 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Yosarian2 wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:Just read all of this in the last hour or so. Let's say for all intents and purposes that I'm "caught up."

some

Care to explain that vote? I've now got two people voting for me for absolutly no reason.

And besides, page 4? I didn't even say much on page 4, except to mention that people shouldn't talk about this game in private messages.
Page 4 was more of a general statement for "early in the game." But I like to see the defensiveness. Thumbs up for bad cover. And, yes, I care to explain it. Did you read my post, or did you just want to frame it however you liked?
Yosarian2 wrote:On that note,
unvote
vote:Fritzer
. I know he loves to bandwagon, but that vote just seemed beyond the pale.
This is the first post that made my head turn toward Yos. "I know... but" seems a scummy way to defend a vote. It's also interesting to note that he was getting after DGB voters... and that I currently find zu_Faul scummy. I'm sensing a connection here.
Yosarian2 wrote:I understand the viper bandwagon. Viper has not been helpful to the town this game, and in fact, he almost never is helpfull to the town with his play, so he's probably not a bad day 1 lynch. However, this post looked odd to me.
mlaker wrote:I'm just saying that I barely looked at this game and forgot about it. What with MeMeMeet and all. I'd like to find a good vote but I don't really see any, is it a correct assumption that the Viper bandwagon is for lurking? And if it is for lurking then why not me as Fritzler stated or any other lurker. After the initial wagon it seemed to me that Viper a little defensive. It seems a solid choice at the moment.
Vote Viper
You're voting viper because he was "a little defensive"? He hasn't even given any kind of real response to the people voting for him at all, he hasn't even tried to defend himself yet. Your vote makes no sense to me, and when someone jumps onto a fast growing bandwagon with a vote that makes no sense, I wonder if they're scum going for an easy lynch.

unvote:fritzer

vote:mlaker
Moving attention from viper to mlaker. That's cool.
Yosarian2 wrote:
SpamWise wrote:Holy crap, I think we've done something bad wagoning viper (if my supposition about his role is correct)
Huh?

Not sure why you would make a post like this...if you think viper's pro-town, and you think he's given some hint about his role (I don't see it, but whatever), then why would you draw attention to it, instead of just putting it in your notes and keeping it under your hat? Why would you give hints to the possible role of some other player you think is pro-town?
The wording here makes the skin crawl. It's like you're wanting other people to think viper has a pro-town power role, but using SpamWise as a meatshield.
Yosarian2 wrote:One problem I have about spamwise is this. He said this:
SpamWise wrote:Holy crap, I think we've done something bad wagoning viper (if my supposition about his role is correct)
But then he kept his vote on viper for another 4 days, only removing it because "the bandwagon was stalled."

If I suddenly came to the conlcusion I might be bandwagoning a pro-town power role and wanted to avoid the person having to claim, I'd just quietly unvote or move my vote without making a big deal about it. Spamwise did just the opposite; made a big deal about it (perhaps to fish for viper's role?) but keeping his vote there anyway.

It's also interesting to note that while spamwise loved the viper wagon and the max wagon, the one wagon he has avoided is the mlarker wagon. He never even commented on it at all, and neither bogre or mlarker ever said anything about him, which makes me wonder if they might be scumbuddies (although I realize I'm getting pretty speculitive here).

Spamwise, what do you think about the Bogre/Mlarker wagon? Bogre, what do you think about the Spamwise wagon?
And again, from viper to mlaker.
Yosarian2 wrote:Wow, Max. There are so many things about that post that look scummy, I'm not sure where to begin...
Thanks for the input. I think you mentioned earlier that scum don't like to commit to anything solid.
Yosarian2 wrote:
spectrumvoid wrote:Btw, what are the offices for?
Um, dosn't your role PM say you're in the office of Jack Irving, and tell you what is in that office?
Ooh, this sounds coachy.
Yosarian2 wrote:
lordy wrote:I suspect the moving of offices has to do with the moving of roles.

As such, if im correct, ibby is now a cute little townie.

Awwww.
---

Second of all, if you do know that for some non-public reason, why would you share that information with the scum?

---
I'm going to call this "The Good Scumaritan" - a role that many mafia love playing for the town. Just point point point at all the information that the scum could be gathering. You get to point the finger at other people, but also help your scummates in case you make a departure.
Yosarian2 wrote:Looks like it's time for me to make a lurker list.

Lurker List:

BabyJesus: Not really a lurker, he did just post on the 1’st, but does it seem to anyone else he’s not posting as much as usual? He’s only posted twice since July 11’th, and I’d like to hear more from him.

Harry_Potter: He just posted, and he did say he’d be out of town until Augest 10’th so there’s no sense prodding him. Nonetheless, even before he said that, he only posted 4 times all game, and has said almost nothing. Once he gets back, we really need to hear a lot more from him.

MrBuddyLee: Lurker. Has not posted since July 18’th. Mod, please prod him.

PookyTheMagicalBear: Lurker. Has only posted once in the past month.

bluemonick (replacing viper0933): Has only posted once since he replaced viper, and that was about a week ago.
Meh, I just don't like this. There's bound to be better options at this point in the game beyond a lurker lynch.
Yosarian2 wrote:Take a look at Himaliayn mafia, recently finished over in the New York forum. I was a townie, and I was on nearly every single bandwagon all game, townie or scum.
Well pin a rose on your nose. I'm not all that concerned with what you've done in the past. It holds no bearing to me, and furthermore seems like a scummy defense, especially when you yourself point out your previous game and your previous playstyle. Oh, but I am concerned with what you've done this game. And one such thing was
not
voting bluemonick. Yes, you have given reasons, but
you still didn't vote for him, a scummy scum scummer.
Yosarian2 wrote:
spectrumvoid wrote: I disagree with the lordy bandwagon. What has he done to seem scummy? There was some confusion over his so-called claim, but I read that as other people misinterpretating what he originally said.
The suspicious things about Lordy was that he first speculated in thread that someone else was a vanillia townie, which is something you should never do as town, then when she voted for him for that he flipped out and OMGUS voted for her back. Both are scum tells.

Anyway, I do think that bluemonick's post was very suspicious, and I'm considering voting him, but I'm not going to join it just yet as it's moving quite fast, I'll wait for him to try and clarify whatever it was he was trying to say in his rather bizzare last post.
STALLING.
Yosarian2 wrote:Actually, that's a very good point, ibaesha . Harry Potter's the last person who should be attacking someone else for lurking.

unvote

vote:Harry Potter
Great voting.
Yosarian2 wrote:
mathcam wrote:
Yos wrote:Actually, at the time I was suspicious that it might be Brian McQueso who was his scumbuddy, but that's clearly not true.
Yeah, me too. But that the initial guess was wrong doesn't mean we should stop looking.

Cam
Fair enough. Still, while blue was perhaps was not the greatest stratigic thinker at mafia, it is still quite possible that the only purpose of that comment was to get back at Brian and/or other people on his bandwagon for getting him run up like that. The comment really did feel like a barb specfically directed at Brian, and Brian seemed to think so as well based on his later post.
I really think you're downplaying the possibility that bluemonick
did
point toward other scum, and that now you're trying to hide this person by pushing it all on Brian.
Yosarian2 wrote:Yes, I never did vote for bluemonick. The reason is the same one I just gave last page for waiting on voting for Lordy, except it's even MORE extreme in this case; as of the time of the posting, I was currently in something like 3 or 4 games with bluemonick, and in EVERY SINGLE ONE of those games he was looking incredibly scummy and seemed to be working as hard as he possibly could to get himself lynched. So rather then vote for him right away, I kept asking him questions, and doing my best to try and find out what his alignment was; I'd rather try to figure him out instead of just lynching him everywhere if he just always looks scummy. I kept pressure on him, and it was actually after attempting to respond to several of my questions when he completly broke down and confessed in that bizzare way. After that point I of course would have voted for him, but someone hammered him before I had the chance.

(shrug) In general, I often feel like I get better responses to questions if I demand someone answers my questions when I haven't voted for him yet, but while making it clear that I might vote for that person if they don't answer or if I don't like their answers. That's a common playstyle for me, especally when trying to figure out if a suspicious looking newbie is scum or just a townie playing badly, and I think an effective one; for example, look at the first day of Himalayan Mafia, where I asked Tidus several questions and kept putting pressure on him all day without voting for him, until he finally cracked and self destructed; and again, in that game, I never actually ended up voting for him.
:roll:
Yosarian2 wrote:Also, I should note that the key scumtell that started the bandwagon that ended up in bluemonick's death was the fact that he voted for me with a completely craplogical reason.
What, because bluemonick voted you makes you innocent?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”