Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:41 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

mathcam (2): zu_Faul, BabyJesus
BabyJesus (2): Mastermind of Sin, TheCesspit
Harry_Potter (2): ibaesha, Yosarian2

Not Voting: armlx, Colonel Kurtz, Coron, Fuldu, Harry_Potter, Masterchief, Max, MrBuddyLee, mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, spectrumvoid, mathcam, the silent speaker

10 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

armlx wrote:Vacation, didn't post it..

Lets see.....

Lurker lynch vs.

Last Resort lynch.

Neither seems appealing. I'm staying out of this one.
Who's a "last resort lynch"?

And what makes you think you can just "stay out of this one"? Yaw has just said we'll have a deadline soon if people don't participate more. So, if you don't like the idea of lynching a lurker, who should we lynch?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:43 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Okay, here's what we got from yeserday's bandwagons.

It may be worth noting that Bogre's hammah was volunteered for by both Colonel Kurtz and Spectrumvoid.

Day begins with the following spamoff.
SpamWise (appropriately named): I miss my old office. There were guitars and surfboards and stuff.
This got a lot of focus later, and it will be worth seeing by whom. Interestingly enough, the rest of the spamoff did
not

Spectrumvoid: Btw, what are the offices for?
Dude, did you not read your role PM? I consider playing stupid a significant scumtell.

Fritzler: can i have an office?
You have one!

Masterchief: Wait... You can have offices? I want one!
Ditto.

Fritzler: i have dibs on the next office
Meaningless spam.

Masterchief: Damn you...
Ditto.

Max: I dibs an office
WHAT DO THEY DO ANYWAY
IF YOU HAVE TO WORK IN THEM I WANT MINE BLOWN UP
Do you even know what game you're playing in, Max? This has like three scumtells! I didn't know you could *get* that much scumminess into spam!

Masterchief random votes SpamWise. Random votes on Day 2 are often the work of scum, since town is usually looking to the happenings of Day 1 to decide who to
non
randomly vote for. Also the fact that this random vote is for a major suspect of yesterday is rather too coincidental for my taste.

Lordy made the first puzzling post, announcing that ibaesha is a townie. Yosarian began the poking of holes into him, but did not vote; ibby cast the first of those, timestamped 10:23 PM 7/28.
Yosarian made another post, adding little if anything to his post of a few hours before, but including this line:
I'm thinking that lordy's just pulling BS out of thin air at this point.
Still no vote though.
SpamWise casts vote #2. Timestamp: 4:48 7/29, six-plus hours after ibby. (That is not by itself suspicious timeframe; it's added just for the record.)
Lordy made his now-infamous "Actually, no I messed up the offices" post. He voted ibby and FOSed SpamWise for no very coherent reason.
Spectrumvoid thus:
Yup, I do know what's in my office. But I couldn't figure out how changing offices would affect the game. Thanks for the ideas.
The
most
charitable take I can think of for this -- especially that last line! -- is "thanks for helping me coast by without doing any thinking of my own."
Not
what I call a very towny reaction. And the first line does not mesh well at all with his part in the spamoff.
Yos:
Um, you do understand why it's suspicious that you tried to out a vanillia townie, no matter if your reasoning was correct or not, right?
Three posts, now two of them explicitly calling Lordy scummy, and still no vote.
MOS casts vote #3. Timestamp: 11:25 AM 7/29.
Colonel Kurtz casts vote #4, timestamp 11:59 AM 7/29, in a post with some very snarled reasoning I've already called him down for.
Bluemonick, known scum, casts vote #5. Timestamp: 12:36 PM 7/29.
Only now does Yosarian vote, #6, timestamp 5:00 PM 7/29, citing the reasons he made in previous posts. Why then didn't you vote in those posts, YOsarian? You had ample opportunity to do so.
At this point I voiced my objection to the speed of the bandwagon, which as it turned out was not quite done speeding.
BabyJesus adds vote #7. Timestamp: 8:58 PM 7/29.
Pooky adds vote #8. Timestamp: 10:36 PM 7/29.

At this point I pause to take stock. The bandwagon grew from nothing to eight votes (out of 12) in exactly twenty-four hours. The last two votes are dismissable for now, as both BJ and Pooky are notorious bandwagoners especially early on, but the period of fastest growth -- three votes in 1:11, six votes in twelve hours and pocket change -- includes the only person known to be scum. And of course, the object of the wagoning is now known to be pro-town; overfast wagon+townie victim=hmmm. On the basis of this so far Yosarian comes off probably the worst, followed closely by Colonel Kurtz; there are a couple of reasons to be suspicious of Spectrumvoid, Masterchief and Max, but the Lordy wagon isn't one of them.

Moving on. Colonel Kurtz felt the need to defend his Lordy vote -- who he thought was attacking him for it, I have no idea -- and Fritzler added the ninth and last vote Lordy would get. Then I attacked the Colonel for voting
because
Lordy claimed a pro-town role Kurtz professed to believe he had. (Yes, technically Lordy never claimed, but that, as I have said before, is irrelevant as Col. Kurtz believed he did and was acting on that belief; and technically Lordy never said "my role is pro-town" but that is an implicit part of any roleclaim.) Harry Potter followed my vote. Kurtz Kount: two.

Quoth SpamWise:
I can vouch that the office of Jack Johnson is pro-town, otherwise my vote would be somewhere else.
I'm not crazy about this unsolicited voucher.

While SpamWise, Yos and ibaesha kept some heat on Lordy -- legitimately so; Lordy had some suspicious behavour to defend for all he was town and likely town being railroaded by scum -- Masterchief said, "Good enough for me." and voted Col. Kurtz. Mystery meat voted me for my Kurtzvote and Kurtz followed soon after, in his case with a diatribe aimed at his entire wagon in which he basically assumed that anyone who would dare vote him is ither stupid or scum or both. He added:
I'm not even going to bother with the lordy wagon at the moment because the three people voting for me bug me more.
Not going to bother? He was
on
the Lordy wagon.
Kurtz Kount: 3. TSS Tally: 2.

I responded to Kurtz's rant, and he responded to my counterattack. In hi response the following two statements were made.
I would assume that I could claim without fear of repercussions.
[M]y problem was how he said it so openly that he did that.
Almost all of his response suggests that he completely misunderstood what I was trying to say, so I'll grant the posibility that he just didn't get it. But this still looks like a contradiction to me, whether he did get it or didn't.

Armlx, posting for the first time all day, voted Col. K because of vibe and because "Lordy's role makes sense." MOS voted armlx on the merited charge that "the confused play" was unbuyable. I find it questionable myself. But then MOS added this:
Even if he did mistakenly think Lordy had claimed, there has also been a lot of discussion that casts reasonable doubt upon the alignment of such a claim.
In fact, there hasn't really. There has been Colonel Kurtz's bald assertion and that's about it. Admitedly, since roles and alignments are independent he could have the claimed role and be concurrently anti-town, but no one but the Colonel has sugested that there is or of right ought to be an anti-townness inherent in the role.
SpamWise declined to vote for Col. K. Kurtz Kount: four. It would eventually peak at five with a Fritzler vote. This is about when the bluemonick wagon got underway, and the same apears to be true for my computer headache, so that will be part II.

Taking stock of the Kurtzwagon, there seem to be some questionable jumps onto it but little visible collusion. Harry pinned his vote entirely on mine, but that's not itself scummy; Masterchief is worth keeping tabs on for other reasons, but I'm wary of reasoning in a circle with this; armlx made a scummy voting post but the attack on him was not free from question itself.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:48 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

(edit:
five
votes in twelve hours and pocket change.)
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:08 pm

Post by mathcam »

Okay, I'm up to speed.

First, let me clarify a couple of things that Spamwise said:
Spamwise wrote: I miss my old office. There were guitars and surfboards and stuff.
should have been
Spamwise wrote: I miss my old office. There were guitars and surfboards and stuff. Wait, just kidding -- I'm really just confusing people by saying things that weren't given to me in my role PM. I should really keep that stuff to myself.
Second, when he wrote
Spamwise wrote:I can vouch that the office of Jack Johnson is pro-town, otherwise my vote would be somewhere else.
he clearly meant
Spamwise wrote: This game hurts my head. I'll refrain from vouching things about this game when I don't really understand how it all -- namely offices, role, and motives -- fit together.
Finally,
Spamwise wrote:Holy crap, I think we've done something bad wagoning viper (if my supposition about his role is correct)
should read
Spamwise wrote:Dur....I like eggs. I've got mail!

There, I think that settles that.

For my own thoughts:

1) Why aren't we focusing on BlueMonick's parting words that he was bagged by his own scummate? I realize that this isn't the optimal way of hunting down scum, but it's stupid to pretend it's not there. If we can figure out who he's talking about, the correct play is to lynch him/her (and consider placing some restrictions on bluemonick).

2) There's a strong buddy-buddy feeling between Ibaesha and Yosarian, which is slightly disturbing, but I think this is mostly because they're 2 of the few people who are consistently making valid points (along with Fuldu and probably a couple of others). It's also
so
buddy-buddy that I doubt they'd be this blatant if they were scum together.

3) There seems to be some confusion about names vs. offices, or maybe I'm misreading something. When ibaesha and I switched, we didn't just switch offices, we switched our names as well. It seems common sense (and has been argued) that motives must not switch.

4) Does MBL's opening post about roller skates make sense to someone other than me?

5) BabyJesus is a fine target for now. He never really starts playing until he's down to the final 5 -- he can be a pretty good player at that point, but he's useless now.

Cam
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:47 pm

Post by Yaw »

Prodding those who haven't posted since the 25th (and don't have a V/LA message):

Coron
zu_Faul
Fuldu
Masterchief
Max
mystery meat of doom
PookyTheMagicalBear

Getting on that now.

With everyone paying attention, I'm imposing a
retractable deadline
. You have until
Thursday, September 7 at 11 PM EDT
to either lynch someone or talk enough to make the deadline go away. (That'll give the legitimate V/LA people a chance to get back as well.) I'll adjust if necessary to deal with replacements.
Success breeds suspicion
Harry_Potter
Harry_Potter
Goon
Harry_Potter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:49 pm

Post by Harry_Potter »

Actually I didn't post for 20 days due to not being able to get reliable internet access.

BTW- last time I checked, I am not voting anyone. that is hardly condemning someone for lurking. I was merely stating that between Pooky and BJ, Pooky was acting more in line with his usual play than BJ was.

I realize this may not be a huge contribution, but it is something. I am going to collapse into bed now and will be back to contribute more tomorrow.
Show
Record on this site-
T/M/N- 2/1/0
W/L/T- 1/1/?
NK/L/S- 2/1/0

Games Completed- 2
Games in Progress- 3
Survivor Mafia- dead
Evolution Mafia- alive
Jack of all Trades Mafia- alive
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:50 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

vote: BabyJesus
Anyone who has played a game with Anix and I know that I always prefer to lynch non-participative people in early game.

armlx: you can't stay out of it... that's like saying: hey I don't care who's gonna get lynched, as long as it isn't me!

With regards to the office issue, I'm guessing maybe some people didn't have offices issued to them in the beginning of the game. That might have been the cause for the confusion of the people who claimed they wanted offices.

I don't think it's a stupid question to ask about changing offices. I was trying to ask if our roles were assigned to us via offices or whether the roles were permanent. I also asked earlier if it would have any impact on our alignment. Would it help if I said this is my 1st theme game? (not counting the one where I died night 0)?
Blank.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:57 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I can't speak for the others who were prodded, but I was waiting for mathcam to say something for me to evaluate before I posted. If there's a replacement who's under suspicion, I always prefer to wait for them to talk rather than moving the conversation to other topics.

That said, I think mathcam's response to the various issues raised against Spamwise is about what I had expected. The guitars and surfboards thing had the sound of someone just chattering rather than providing actual information. His comment on Spamwise vouching for ibaesha goes to his point three later on, and, again, I had always assumed that to be the mistake that Spamwaise was making. As for Spamwise unsubtly trying to get a bandwagon off of viper (scum), I still feel that that's a reasonable thing to hold against him, but at the same time recognize that it's going to be practically impossible for mathcam to respond to that suspicion in any useful way. Spamwise clearly had something going on in his head that mathcam isn't privy to, and there's no real way for us to know whether that was 'viper is pro-town because of the alignment of the planets' or 'this will be a great way to defend my scum buddy.'

I'm not enthusiastic about a Baby Jesus lurker lynch, but don't presently have any other leads I prefer, either.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:21 am

Post by mathcam »

Fuldu wrote: I'm not enthusiastic about a Baby Jesus lurker lynch, but don't presently have any other leads I prefer, either.
mathcam wrote: 1) Why aren't we focusing on BlueMonick's parting words that he was bagged by his own scummate? I realize that this isn't the optimal way of hunting down scum, but it's stupid to pretend it's not there. If we can figure out who he's talking about, the correct play is to lynch him/her (and consider placing some restrictions on bluemonick).
?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:46 am

Post by armlx »

My point is, we are going after a lurker with little reason (HP) or the standard last resort lynch (BabyJ/Fritzler). Neither one appeals to me, and I feel we would be better served finding a real target. Mathcam is on the right track here.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:56 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

TSS: to answer your question about why I was a little slow voting Lordy; honestly, Lordy's a player who gets himself lynched all the time. He's constantly making scumtells and other silly moves no matter what his alignmnet is. So when he started acting suspicious, I noted it, and started poking at him to get reactions from him, but I wasn't as quick to vote him as I would have been some other players making the same mistakes. He was looking really scummy, but he ALWAYS looks really scummy, so I gave him a bit of breathing room to see if I could get a better read on him before voting him.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:20 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

armlx wrote:My point is, we are going after a lurker with little reason (HP) or the standard last resort lynch (BabyJ/Fritzler). Neither one appeals to me, and I feel we would be better served finding a real target. Mathcam is on the right track here.
Erm, we're voting BabyJesus for being particularly unhelpful, more than the norm. This is NOT a standard last resort wagon. Also, there were as many votes on me as on BabyJesus or HP, so why did you make comments on both of those "wagons" (there were only 2 votes anyways) but not mine?
Permanent V/LA.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:33 am

Post by mathcam »

More food for thought: What's the deal with the offices opening? So far, the two offices opened have been the people lynched each day. This, while almost certainly not coincidence, also is most certainly not the end of the story -- why would Yaw keep us informed of what doors were open or not if it was just telling us who we had lynched. Presumably someone has a role that takes advantage of this, or causes more doors to open, or something. Hmm.

Yosarian: What's your deal? Do you not have a role now? Or just not have an office?

Cam
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:37 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, it did not change my alignment or anything, if that's what you're asking. Otherwise, I'm not sure I should say what kind of role I do or do not have at the moment.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:42 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh right, I remember you saying that earlier. I wasn't asking about alignment, since that's almost always (except, apparently, for bluemonick) a waste of time. Let me leave it like this: I'd like to know as much as you can shed about the game mechanics of having your office destroyed, without revealing anything that would hamper the town -- or, if you're scum, I'd like you to confess immediately.

Cam
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:49 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Umm...I don't see how I can without claiming both what, if anything, was in my office, and then claiming what happened to it. If the town wants me to do that, I don't have any problem with it, and I understand the curiosity involved.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:03 am

Post by mathcam »

Since other people don't seem to be acknowledging the argument, I suppose I'll chug ahead. To reiterate, I'd like to determine to whom bluemonick was referring when he wrote
bluemonick wrote:Btw, Nabbed by my Own Scum Partner.
I'll call this person Player X.

The candidates: Fuldu, ibaesha, Pooky, spectrumvoid, TheCesspit, Masterchief, Colonel Kurtz, BabyJesus, Max

I arrived at the list of candidates by taking the bluemonick lynching party, throwing out Fritz and BMcQ (both being dead), and TSS (who chucked on his vote after blue's quote).

Of the remaining candidates to be X, I think there are a couple of solid options:

1) X=Masterchief. He was on my scumdar after day 1, and if we're looking for people in the set of people whom bluemonick might have felt betrayed by, interesected with the set of people who seemed scummy getting on the bluemonick bandwagon, then I don't think we'll have to look much farther than
Masterchief wrote:I don't think this bandwagon is going to do much, but whatever.
Unvote Vote:bluemonick
combined with
Masterchief wrote:I joined becasue if i didn't, it would look like i would be protecting him.
2) X=Max. Max was also on my scumdar after day 1. Max placed the next to last vote, and the last vote before blue's quote. He also wrote
Max wrote: we're 3 from lynch does bluemonick realise that
a post that feels an awful lot like a reminder/warning to his co-scum.

3) X=Fuldu. Fuldu's not really on my scumdar for other reasons, but if there's one person that can be most said to have "nabbed" bluemonick, it would be Fuldu. Fuldu made the (very valid) argument that started the bandwagon. and threw on the first vote. I'm not ready to go after Fuldu for this, but if it comes down to the final 3 and we haven't figured out who blue's partner is, Fuldu would be a strong candidate.

Everyone else is a less likely option. Of these, I only want to point out Ibaesha. I first was leaning toward putting her in the "almost certainly not X" category because of her prolonger seemingly-sincere arguments with blue yesterday, but then I started thinking that if anything was making blue frustrated and feeling persecuted, it was probably these arguments. So Ibaesha is probably my 4th highest candidate.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:07 am

Post by mathcam »

Yosarian2 wrote:Umm...I don't see how I can without claiming both what, if anything, was in my office, and then claiming what happened to it. If the town wants me to do that, I don't have any problem with it, and I understand the curiosity involved.
Well, if there's nothing you can say, there's nothing you can say. I'm not really interested in your stuff, more just
you,
e.g. something like:

"I work in the hallway since I no longer have an office. I don't have a character name any more."

At this point, as you mention, I'm only interested in it for curiosity reasons, but the sooner we figure out the game mechanics, the better, I think.

Cam
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:54 am

Post by zu_Faul »

It couldn't be that Bluemonick just wanted to confuse us?
Vote stays.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:18 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Note: I'll be out of town from tomorrow until Monday evening
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

mathcam wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Umm...I don't see how I can without claiming both what, if anything, was in my office, and then claiming what happened to it. If the town wants me to do that, I don't have any problem with it, and I understand the curiosity involved.
Well, if there's nothing you can say, there's nothing you can say. I'm not really interested in your stuff, more just
you,
e.g. something like:

"I work in the hallway since I no longer have an office. I don't have a character name any more."

At this point, as you mention, I'm only interested in it for curiosity reasons, but the sooner we figure out the game mechanics, the better, I think.

Cam
Well, I got a PM from the mod saying I was still alive but that I wasn't Jack Xavier anymore, if that helps you.

Also, I do agree with you that blue's comment about "one of his own turning on him" was interesting, and I tend to think that was probably actual newbie scum frustration. Actually, at the time I was suspicious that it might be Brian McQueso who was his scumbuddy, but that's clearly not true.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:25 am

Post by mystery meat of doom »

Not really sure whats going on atm, so I'm going to reread some time (I'm moving into university on monday, so I won't be posting much more then I am now with packing, moving, settling in, getting internet, etc). The opening of offices could be that the role switcher could possibly switch the open office with someone else, but considering rolenames are switched too, it seems less likely as the open office doesn't have a "rolename" anymore.
Buy mystery meat.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:56 am

Post by mathcam »

zu_Faul wrote:It couldn't be that Bluemonick just wanted to confuse us?
Right. Because we saw how sophisticated his play was leading
up
to his death, it's likely he put considerable thought in to how the game would play out
after
his death.

And even if he was totally yanking our chain, it's not like it's any
less
likely that the people I've named are scum. Plus, the only two people I've suggested actively going after are people I'd already found scummy from day 1.
Yos wrote:Actually, at the time I was suspicious that it might be Brian McQueso who was his scumbuddy, but that's clearly not true.
Yeah, me too. But that the initial guess was wrong doesn't mean we should stop looking.

Cam
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:56 pm

Post by armlx »

MoS: I was merely commenting on the two bandwagons currently being advocated the most. The wagon on you was practically non-existant, so there was no reason to comment.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”