Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:16 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

i dont think we can blame her for being sick. if she doesnt do anything for long enough she'll probably get replaced and we won't have to worry about it.
I play the games rul gud.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:40 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

Elias_the_thief wrote:my vote for omg was simply becuase he was urging everyone to kill mert. i thought he was too eager to kill someone. especially when his reasoning was "for having an avatar that frightens me a little"
you what? i never said anything even remotely like that....

my reason for voting mert was that he seemed actively overfriendly, like he was trying to fit in way too hard, im used to playing in games that just end after an amount of time rather than getting to a vote count so he seemed the best option... sorry to all i really should have checked and seen this was a 'only lynch when you get to 7' game.

now im switching to you because you have been all over the place getting mixed up and are totally over defensive over like 2 votes? you also have posted in a responsive kind of way to mert more than once which means to be that likely:

a) you are mafia together
b) you are buddying up to a villager to get them on side in the end game.

the thing that makes me think its less likely mert is his willingness to get replaced in the game, that tells me he is likely just a villager that doesnt care much, so ill pick you for now as my #1 option

unvote
vote elias
i swear im not mafia
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:18 pm

Post by Mert »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:the thing that makes me think its less likely mert is his willingness to get replaced in the game, that tells me he is likely just a villager that doesnt care much
Eh? Would you rather I'd not told anyone about having limited access for a bit and just looked like a lurker?

Understand that I don't
want
to get replaced, but I'd rather that than disrupt the game, so
if it becomes necessary
to replace me then I am fine with it.

Anyway, did you not think that posting "zomg kill mert today please, seriously, anyone not on mert needs to die next" with no reasons why would look a little... odd?
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:53 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

odd? maybe

mafia-like? definitely not. why would a mafia bring that much attention to themselves? (i totally realise this works the opposite way on second level)

its just how i generally play.

and im just pointing out that if you had been mafia, i find it less likely that you would want to draw attention to yourself by saying that you were leaving and could need a replacement... i think you would also be more enthusiastic about staying in the game as a mafioso.

of course i could be wrong
i swear im not mafia
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:43 am

Post by Arafax »

omg wrote: and im just pointing out that if you had been mafia, i find it less likely that you would want to draw attention to yourself by saying that you were leaving and could need a replacement... i think you would also be more enthusiastic about staying in the game as a mafioso.
Good point...I would tend to agree with that statement.

Elais, your defense of Pink Princess is noted....I'm not sure why you would defende her by saying that "she's sick" when in the previous post I already stated it?...I don't know, but your post rubs me the wrong way.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:56 am

Post by Pink Princess »

I'm feeling a bit better, my thoughts on the last few posts:

Uh Arafax, you're scummy for trying to call lack of participation due to having the flu suspicious. And it's not shady that Mert is moving and has limited access? If it's scummy to have limited access for a valid reason, you should probably call everyone on it, not just me - and don't forget those who were away for the weekend and not posting, too, including yourself. Nerdis.
Arafax wrote:Elais, your defense of Pink Princess is noted
Ah, Elias, your calm, cool logic and wise decision-making skills are noted.

I'm going back for a readthrough, I'll post my thoughts later today.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:17 am

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:[

now im switching to you because you have been all over the place getting mixed up and are totally over defensive over like 2 votes?

unvote
vote elias
mixed up? ive been steady on my decisions throughout the game. i random voted, then i voted you for trying to get mert dead for little to no reason. i dont try to be defensive when im voted for, but id like to hear the reasoning behind it. if there's pretty much no reasoning, such as your last vote, than the vote rings a little suspicious to me.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:23 am

Post by Mert »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:my reason for voting mert was that he seemed actively overfriendly, like he was trying to fit in way too hard
No it wasn't, you voted for me in Post 12, where all I'd done so far was random vote for RandomActs. It wasn't until Post 16 where you went all crazy with your "anyone not on Mert needs to die next" stuff. That is all I can find that might be a reaction to "over-friendliness" but it certainly wasn't why you voted for me as you had already done so by that point.
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:sorry to all i really should have checked and seen this was a 'only lynch when you get to 7' game.
Well I do find that reading the rules generally helps, haha. That said, this is minor contradiction #2 on your part, as your vote was only the second one on me. Your
vote
didn't so much look suspicious as your pleas for people to lynch me quickly. I don't think anyone would have gone into too much detail this early on based only on a second had you not followed up with the "zomg kill him now" stuff.
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:odd? maybe

mafia-like? definitely not. why would a mafia bring that much attention to themselves?
That post is practically dripping with WIFOM...
omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:and im just pointing out that if you had been mafia, i find it less likely that you would want to draw attention to yourself by saying that you were leaving and could need a replacement... i think you would also be more enthusiastic about staying in the game as a mafioso.
Please, please understand that it is not a lack of enthusiasm that is causing me to have limited access, it's the fact that I'm moving into a house where internet connections etc won't have been set up immediately. There's also the whole "packing up and moving my stuff" issue that, frankly, is going to take up a lot of my time. I'm not unenthusiastic, I'm just going to be dropping in and out for a few days... I only want to be replaced if it becomes necessary for the game to progress. Even if I was scum, that wouldn't stop me from moving house and having restricted access...
Arafax wrote:Good point...I would tend to agree with that statement.
I don't personally see why someone saying "I'm going to be out of the loop for a few days" is any more or less scummy than anything else. I don't get it, are we
really
saying that not posting your whereabouts when you have limited access is a textbook scumtell?

I mean, I'm glad you guys think I'm town and all, but I'm not going to hold my hands up and say that my moving house is indicative of it...
Arafax wrote:I would think that Pink Princess would have more to say at this point...I have noticed that she has not posted much (Of course, she is "fighting the flu")
Sorry, but the inverted commas around the flu comment imply you think it's a slight fabrication on her part... was that your intention?
Arafax wrote:Elais, your defense of Pink Princess is noted....I'm not sure why you would defende her by saying that "she's sick" when in the previous post I already stated it?...I don't know, but your post rubs me the wrong way.
Erm... I think maybe he said it because you implied she wasn't really sick and that it was scummy of her to be pretending such. Just throwing that out there for you.

FOS: Arafax

You just seem to be trying a bit
too
hard to look like you're actively scumhunting. Nothing wrong with trying hard in principle but from you it seems disingenuous.
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:36 am

i for one would like to hear some more from lowell and colonel kurtz, who have both had very little to say since voting at the beginning of the game.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:54 am

Post by Arafax »

Mert wrote: Sorry, but the inverted commas around the flu comment imply you think it's a slight fabrication on her part... was that your intention?
Ummm, okay...In her post# 33 she said that she had the flu, so I said that she had the flu...I'm really confused on how you thought that I was saying that she wasn't sick....I hope that helps you out.
Mert wrote: Erm... I think maybe he said it because you implied she wasn't really sick and that it was scummy of her to be pretending such. Just throwing that out there for you.

FOS: Arafax
Please explain to me how saying that Pink Princess is fighting the flu is saying that she is not sick....Again, I'm not seeing your logic.
- Emery
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:58 am

Post by Arafax »

Pink Princess wrote: Uh Arafax, you're scummy for trying to call lack of participation due to having the flu suspicious. And it's not shady that Mert is moving and has limited access? If it's scummy to have limited access for a valid reason, you should probably call everyone on it, not just me - and don't forget those who were away for the weekend and not posting, too, including yourself. Nerdis.
Please how me where I said having limited access is scummy...Let me post again what I was saying and maybe it will be more clear this time...What I was saying is that Pink Princess posts a
TON
...She posts all of the time...IMHO, sick or not I'm suprised at how little she is posting.
Pink Princess wrote: Ah, Elias, your calm, cool logic and wise decision-making skills are noted.
This post and post #50 where Elias defends Pink Princess makes me see a connection here...Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's something.
- Emery
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:08 am

Post by Mert »

Arafax wrote:Ummm, okay...In her post# 33 she said that she had the flu, so I said that she had the flu...I'm really confused on how you thought that I was saying that she wasn't sick....I hope that helps you out.
Spot the difference between these sentences:

- Arafax has an investigation result.
- Arafax has an "investigation" result.

You see how the inverted commas changed the meaning there? The first is just a plain, old, factual sentence whereas the other implies that it wasn't really an investigation and that I think you're lying.

You did the same when you said PP "has the flu". Made it read like you were saying it was not your true meaning...

Hope that clarifies things for you.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:21 am

Post by Arafax »

In the language I speak, when you use quotation marks it means that you are quoting someone....I used quotation marks because she said that she infact did have the flu.

Please explain how I'm "Lying" as you said in your above post...Again, notice how I'm using the quotation marks...I'm using them because you infact said that I was lying.
- Emery
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:42 am

Post by Mert »

I'm not going to argue the semantics of English grammar with you, just know that the way you wrote your post was open to misinterpretation and it's something both PP and I independently picked up on. This, of course, wasn't overly helped by the fact that you followed it up by saying it made you suspicious.

Anyway, I didn't FOS you for your ambiguous grammar, I FOSed you for appearing to try too hard to find reasons to suspect people. What response, if any, do you have to that?
bloojay
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
bloojay
The Other Blue Meat
The Other Blue Meat

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:43 am

Post by bloojay »

Arafax wrote:
Elias wrote: my vote for omg was simply becuase he was urging everyone to kill mert. i thought he was too eager to kill someone. especially when his reasoning was "for having an avatar that frightens me a little"
Gotcha...I'll keep my vote for now though.

I would think that Pink Princess would have more to say at this point...I have noticed that she has not posted much (Of course, she is "fighting the flu")...She usually is a postaholic so I'm slightly suspicious.
Arafax, it's like this. The example above, in whgich you used quotation marks , implies that you don't believe her. The online world of speech is obviously different from the real world of speech, and having those quote just implies that you're talking sarcastically. But basically, that's what Mert is saying, I think.
mepmuff: I don't know what to make of the Peacebringer news story.
sycko999: Mabye PB is really ugly...-Suburbia Mafia
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:45 am

its possible you just meant to say that it was a quote from her actual post without having to use the quoting function. but i just thought it sounded skeptical. if that was your intention, then my post was in fact redundant.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:48 am

Post by Arafax »

Good thing we have the whole grammar issue cleared up now.
Mert wrote: Anyway, I didn't FOS you for your ambiguous grammar, I FOSed you for appearing to try too hard to find reasons to suspect people. What response, if any, do you have to that?
I will certainly respond, but first please explain what you mean by "trying too hard to find scum?"
- Emery
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:27 am

unvote, vote colonel kurtz

i smell a lurker. you made one post and that's it. same with lowell, but one lurker at a time.
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:53 am

Post by Pink Princess »

Arafax wrote:In the language I speak, when you use quotation marks it means that you are quoting someone....I used quotation marks because she said that she infact did have the flu.
Which is fine, if your intention was to quote me, but since the words you "quoted" were different than the words I typed, I'm not suprised no one took it as a quote.

Basically, I agree with Bloo, Elias and mert on the whole quotes discussion. I read Arafax as trying to cast doubt on my "sickness." I see that's all cleared up now, and I don't want the focus of the game to be on grammatical issues.

I still need to go back for a read-through. ( :oops: ) But at this point, I certainly will agree that the non-participators at least need to let us know they're still part of the game.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:58 am

Post by Arafax »

Unvote Elias - Vote Pink Princess

My suspicions for the non-participatin have been fueld by what I consider to be posts with no content...For the most part, all of Pink Princesses posts have been along the lines of her being sick, doing re-throughs, or agreeing with others....IMHO there is zero conent in these posts...That is scummy to me.

This is enough for my first serious vote.
- Emery
Colonel Kurtz
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:15 pm

Post by Colonel Kurtz »

Twomz is the only person who catches my eye at the moment.
Twomz wrote: The more sporatic my actions, the higher the chance of me randomly hitting mafia... really though, I know why you and RA unvoted Omg, you both did it for good reasons i suppose... but the timing of it just feels wrong, so I voted for you. *shrug*
if only for that post. I just don't like it when people try to justify randomly hopping around on votes. Seems scummy to me because the only reason to not care for whom you are voting is if you are on your own (i.e. SK) or if you want to lynch townies. So basically, my weak suspicion is towards Twomz at the moment.
unvote Pink Princess, vote Twomz
although I don't appreciate Princess posting only to say "oh woe is me". But those are my thoughts at the moment. [/quote]
Load your program
I am your self
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:27 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

@ Ara: I thought I posted some content in my last 2 posts. I will agree was guilty of not doing a re-read and posting a full opinion, however. Soon to be rectified. Keep reading.
Colonel wrote:although I don't appreciate Princess posting only to say "oh woe is me"
Or posting to let everyone know why my participation would be low for a few days...is that really an accurate representation on your part?
An excerpt from Elias_the_thief wrote:especially when his reasoning was "for having an avatar that frightens me a little"
i'm_innocent didn't say this...Lowell said this. Mistake or misrep?

i'm_innocent is posting some major WIFOM. Generally useless and confusing arguments, in my opinion. Mert has a good argument about the whole initial vote thing in Post 57. I get the impression of odd paranoia over votes on him in the beginning phases of the game.

I do find it interesting that Colonel posted immediately afer being called on lurking. Strikes me as an intentional lurker.

Where are you Lowell and Rosso?

Unvote
my random Bloo vote.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:36 pm

unvote

yes, that was a mistake. sorry about that. and yes, i would like to see some of the lowell and rosso.
Colonel Kurtz
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:20 pm

Post by Colonel Kurtz »

So, Princess, what would you do if someone called you on lurking when you honestly just didn't have anything to say? Continue to not say anything or say something about your vague suspicions to make people stop telling you that you're lurking? Yeah, that's what I thought. Way to cast suspicion in my direction for absolutely no reason, though.
Load your program
I am your self
Pink Princess
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Pink Princess
Bloodthirsty Babe
Bloodthirsty Babe

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:43 pm

Post by Pink Princess »

I'm usually suspicious of those who intentionally lurk because I think that it's potentially scummy. (I'll note that I'm not alone in this opinion, lurking is often considered a scumtell) I also think it's pro-town to participate. How else do we get a read on you or get your (potentially valuable) opinion? So, in a nutshell, I actaully
do
have a reason casting suspicion in your direction.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”