pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

In post 249, Melmond wrote:Why bring up your miller claim again?

I don't very much care what looks good and what doesn't, I just want it to look truthful.

I reiterated my miller claim to strengthen the sincerity of what little advice I had to give to town, just in case I were targeted in the coming night.

Or let me put it this way, if pappums or someone else wants to muddy the waters it better be with something better than "Lol, you could be lying".

Until then, I'm a town miller mofo, my win condition is for all town threats to be eliminated, and I'll continue playing to that condition.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Post by Melmond »

No popp, your condition is to control half of the town, that first sentence of yours is bullshit.
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:17 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 248, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
Any reason why I shouldn't be confirmed town at this stage pappums?

Confirmed town means that we won't be lynching you at all, since we are in fact going to be lynching you later, you are NOT confirmed town.
Though you are given as town until day 3 or later depending on how well our scumhunting has gone, this is not the same as confirmed, it just means you will be getting a free ride up until that time.

In post 250, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
I don't very much care what looks good and what doesn't, I just want it to
look
truthful.

I reiterated my miller claim to strengthen the sincerity of what little advice I had to give to town, just in case I were targeted in the coming night.

Or let me put it this way, if pappums or someone else wants to muddy the waters it better be with something better than "Lol, you could be lying".

Until then, I'm a town miller mofo, my win condition is for all town threats to be eliminated, and I'll continue playing to that condition.

To just look truthful? I'm not going to be judging a book by it's cover thankyou.
FoS : Pieceofpecanpie
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:02 am

In post 251, Melmond wrote:No popp, your condition is to control half of the town, that first sentence of yours is bullshit.

What? No!

Did you read my #246? Am I telling people to do what I say or imploring people to think for themselves?
In post 252, Cheery Dog wrote:

Confirmed town means that we won't be lynching you at all, since we are in fact going to be lynching you later, you are NOT confirmed town.
Though you are given as town until day 3 or later depending on how well our scumhunting has gone, this is not the same as confirmed, it just means you will be getting a free ride up until that time.

Are you a moron?

Free ride? Isn't that what you're (attempting) to get?

I'm not going for any free ride. I'm trying to win a game for town, if it's in the interests of town that I die today, tomorrow or whenever so be it.

But before I get called out for AtE, let me reiterate what I'm saying once again.

1. I
AM
town
2. I am a town
miller

3. Miller's investigate as scum
4. If scum don't eliminate me at night then the fact that my town role
investigates
as scum could provide WIFOM fodder for the
real
scum
5. To negate this from happening I say "keep me around for as long as I'm useful and then I should be lynched before any LYLO scenario"
OR (an alternative, which I don't consider favourable)
6. "keep me around because you're all comfortable with the fact that I'm town, despite any investigation on me coming back as scum"
7. Considering me as confirmed town makes one less person to investigate, eliminate from suspicion etc. etc. which makes for a smaller pool for scum to hide in.
8. This
IS NOT
a trap, trick or devious plot of mine. This is my best attempt to help town win.
look
truthful.

To just look truthful? I'm not going to be judging a book by it's cover thankyou.

Then what are you judging me on? What is the merit of that FoS?

"Not judging a book by it's cover", what does that even mean in this case? Catchy though it is, clanging and bunch of pots together in order to draw attention to me does not make me suspicious.

If you are saying my miller claim is a "cover" and you are yet to see my book, perhaps you would like to provide some analysis of my other posts? You know, the ones that don't involve talk about miller claims. There's plenty of them to draw upon. From the manner in which you've made your suspicion on me I'm assuming you're drawing upon evidence outside of my miller claim, which makes me look scummy. Would you mind telling me where that is?

Let me tell you how it is my scummy chum. That chainsaw FoS you pulled on me is the most baseless opportunistic bullshit I have seen so far in this game.

The credibility of your vague PR claim and your early-game waffling palmed off as "reaction testing" is hanging by a thread.

So tell me, why shouldn't I be suspicious of you?

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:51 am

Post by triangle123 »

Quick thoughts because I have to go soon.

I don't see bbstar's mislynch comment as a scumslip, and the way he explained it was pretty much what I had interpreted from his comment when I first read it. CD's jump on it, especially the odd reasoning (if it's a scumslip, then how can it be a distancing strategy?), is scummy, and after we get a flip, I'll definitely be reviewing his ISO Day 2.

Melmond and CD's jump on PoPP for weird reasoning also stands out to me. I need to review their interactions Day 2 as well in light of the flip.

As for Hellhound, I'm inclined not to believe him if he claims PR, but I don't want to lynch him without a claim in the chance that he has a role that can be proved, especially given that there's a second wagon on someone who is just as scummy. I didn't realize Hellhound was on V/LA, but since he just got off, we should be hearing from him soon.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:32 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 253, pieceofpecanpie wrote:If you are saying my miller claim is a "cover" and you are yet to see my book, perhaps you would like to provide some analysis of my other posts? You know, the ones that don't involve talk about miller claims. There's plenty of them to draw upon. From the manner in which you've made your suspicion on me I'm assuming you're drawing upon evidence outside of my miller claim, which makes me look scummy. Would you mind telling me where that is?

If you really are a miller, you were right to claim. I think it's not reason to give you a town pass or not. I think it's just reason not to investigate you.

Let me tell you how it is my scummy chum. That chainsaw FoS you pulled on me is the most baseless opportunistic bullshit I have seen so far in this game.

No it's not. He just doesn't believe you without proof. That's not suspicious.

The credibility of your vague PR claim and your early-game waffling palmed off as "reaction testing" is hanging by a thread.

That is suspicious.

Don't fly off the handle and go all OMGUS just because someone is scumhunting in your direction. If there's serious flaws, address that. But it's not scummy to doubt someone's credibility.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:33 am

Post by Paschendale »

I have a little cake icon! ^_^
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:44 am

In post 255, Paschendale wrote:Don't fly off the handle and go all OMGUS just because someone is scumhunting in your direction. If there's serious flaws, address that. But it's not scummy to doubt someone's credibility.

There's no OMGUS, there
are
serious flaws and I have addressed them, vis-a-vis if CD is doubting my miller claim then he would no doubt be ready to provide penetrating analysis of scumminess in my posts.

Oh and thanks for the enlightening breakdown Paschendale, but I don't believe any of that post was directed at you.

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:04 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Now that we've established that pieceofpecanpie is the towniest town that ever tony-town town, can we get back to discussing who to lynch? That's actually a little more important.

I'm phone posting at the moment. But I'm leaning towads switching my vote to Cheery Dog. Will review later.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:50 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Also, someone give me a summary of the Hellhound1 case.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:15 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 253, pieceofpecanpie wrote:

Are you a moron?

Free ride? Isn't that what you're (attempting) to get?

I'm not going for any free ride. I'm trying to win a game for town, if it's in the interests of town that I die today, tomorrow or whenever so be it.

How am I having a free ride when I've already been placed onto L-1?
It may have become a free ride since all those votes have cleared, but getting to that stage doesn't mean a free ride.

But before I get called out for AtE, let me reiterate what I'm saying once again

1. I
AM
town
2. I am a town
miller

3. Miller's investigate as scum
4. If scum don't eliminate me at night then the fact that my town role
investigates
as scum could provide WIFOM fodder for the
real
scum
5. To negate this from happening I say "keep me around for as long as I'm useful and then I should be lynched before any LYLO scenario"
OR (an alternative, which I don't consider favourable)
6. "keep me around because you're all comfortable with the fact that I'm town, despite any investigation on me coming back as scum"
7. Considering me as confirmed town makes one less person to investigate, eliminate from suspicion etc. etc. which makes for a smaller pool for scum to hide in.
8. This
IS NOT
a trap, trick or devious plot of mine. This is my best attempt to help town win.

1/2. We only have your claim that this is true.
3. This is correct.
4. Unless you are the
real scum

5/6. I'm currently not comfortable in the knowledge you are town, therefore I will be lynching you if I'm around when it gets close to LYLO.
7. You don't need investigated because you will be lynched if still alive later.
8. We only have your assurance of that.

look
truthful.

Then what are you judging me on? What is the merit of that FoS?

"Not judging a book by it's cover", what does that even mean in this case? Catchy though it is, clanging and bunch of pots together in order to draw attention to me does not make me suspicious.

If you are saying my miller claim is a "cover" and you are yet to see my book, perhaps you would like to provide some analysis of my other posts? You know, the ones that don't involve talk about miller claims. There's plenty of them to draw upon. From the manner in which you've made your suspicion on me I'm assuming you're drawing upon evidence outside of my miller claim, which makes me look scummy. Would you mind telling me where that is?

Look at the word I bolded in your post, and then look at what I just posted. (this also goes with your counter-attack on melmond)
Your miller claim has nothing to do with that FoS, there have also been other scummy posts you've made which I had decided to ignore because of your miller claim, but right now you're rolling in the stuff. (I shall go and fetch them for you)
I need the real deal truth and not some lookalike truth.

You have every right to be suspicious of me, unless you are scum and know that I'm not on your team.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:43 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 141, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 117, triangle123 wrote:[...]I don't like Hellhound's ISO. Looking at his posts, it's hard to see much actual content coming out from him.
He's asking a lot of questions of other players, which is fine, but there's not really any follow-up and he's not substantiating any opinions from whatever information he's gained from them.
There are also a couple instances of IIoA (information instead of analysis), such as his post addressing pecanpie's miller claim from a theoretical point of view or the one calling out lurkers, which, combined with the way he cautiously words weak scum reads on the top two wagons and nothing else, makes him very scummy.

The part I've underlined is what rings most true to me.

This feels similar to how I can mistakenly play scum - ie. too passively - where content is posted, but it's really just to boost my appearance rate. Then when someone makes a case on me it's easy to become overtly defensive.

This was the first non-miller-talk-post that alerted me to you, you're saying that's how you play as scum - lets so see what follow up you've made so far on questions you've asked...oh right none.
Well one if you count answering a question that was the same as one you asked in return)

In post 164, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
@killerjester Given your back and forth with Lupo - referring to posts #155, #156, #158 and #159 - what do you think of Lupo's #162?

@Paschendale I haven't forgotten your question. Will respond soon.

A question that is unnecessary given where it had happened. On the next page, this question may have had some merit, but since it's 2 posts after the post you're asking about, killerjester would probably have done this without any prompting.

Delaying the response to the one question you've asked which is the only possible follow-up point you've made.

In post 221, pieceofpecanpie wrote:
In post 216, basketballstar24 wrote:I don't know who is scummier, though, but I'll vote Lupo because I don't want some mislynch here if someone hammers Hellhound cause he's at L-2.

Wut?
In post 217, killerjester wrote:Clearly if I wait for Hellhound the end will end without me voting for anyone.

Wut?

Wut?

Just saying "Wut?" doesn't help us at all.

In post 249, Melmond wrote:Why bring up your miller claim again?

I don't very much care what looks good and what doesn't, I just want it to look truthful.

and also this post which made me give out the FoS.
As I stated before, you just want posts to look truthful? So you don't necessary want them to actually be true?
and also the "until then", so what are you now I've muddied your waters?
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:24 am

Muddied my waters?

Lawl, I don't see your case. I see pathetic scum chainsawing.

The onus is on you to prove I have something to defend, currently your case still reads as "Lol, you could be lying".

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:47 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Vote Count 1.08

Hellhound1 (6) - pappums rat, triangle123, pieceofpecanpie, Paschendale, Melmond, Cheery Dog
Lupo (3) - Kublai Khan, basketballstar24, killerjester
Nobody Special (2) - Hellhound1, Lupo
triangle123 (1) - Nobody Special

Not Voting (1) - Idiotking

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline

~1 days and 9.5 hours
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 262, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Muddied my waters?

The onus is on you to prove I have something to defend, currently your case still reads as "Lol, you could be lying".

If you want to look at it that way fine, I don't really mind as if you're still alive and we're getting close to LYLO, you'll be getting lynched.

Hellhound is still the target today.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:09 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

and what I'm seeing from you is that you will continue to hide behind your miller claim.

Your miller claim is the only reason why I've even considered you as possible town.

There's been quite a bit of information without analysis from your part.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:15 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@Cheery Dog: we aren't lynching pieceofpecanpiece today, so I dontknow why you're wasting valuable pre-deadline time talk to and about him.

Tell (or link) me the reason that you're voting Hellhound1.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:36 am

Post by pappums rat »

In post 247, pappums rat wrote:
In post 246, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Don't take whatever Hellhound flips for granted tomorrow, as it stands right now there is only confirmed townie here - me

LOL since when are you confirmed town???

In post 246, pieceofpecanpie wrote:If you are having trouble seeing my miller claim as genuine - good - don't take my word for granted [...]

Ummm... because you're not??? Claiming miller and being confirmed town are two completely different things.

In post 250, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Or let me put it this way, if pappums or someone else wants to muddy the waters it better be with something better than "Lol, you could be lying".

Im not trying to muddy jack shit, you are claiming that you are confirmed town when you are fucking not. If you want to post your thoughts before night, I am more than ok with that, but calling yourself confirmed town is bullshit.

pecanpie's #253 looks like he is trying too hard. He is going way too far out of his way to try to make CD look bad for a good fos.

In post 262, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Muddied my waters?

No, Im pretty sure his case is "you could be lying AND you are trying to make it out as though you are confirmed town when you are not". You have even said that we shouldnt look into you at all (at least for now) in #253 when you said: "Considering me as confirmed town makes one less person to investigate, eliminate from suspicion etc. etc. which makes for a smaller pool for scum to hide in." You are not confirmed town, and you wont be until you flip, so dont try to make out like you are, because that is bad play if you are town and scummy on top of that.

In post 266, Kublai Khan wrote:Cheery Dog: we aren't lynching pieceofpecanpiece today, so I dontknow why you're wasting valuable pre-deadline time talk to and about him.

Talking about non-factual, erroneous, and scummy shit like this is NOT a waste of time, it is an integral part of scumhunting, and to claim otherwise is fucking horrible.
fos: KK

Besides, what the fuck more is to be said of Hellhound??? People have made their case on him, and he is lurkaderping till deadline hoping to get pressure and votes off of himself so he wont be lynched today.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:39 am

Post by pappums rat »

Also, if there is a vig please FTLOG shoot pecanpie. While I dont think he is scummy enough at this point to lynch (I would still take either HH or Lupo over him right now) he definately cant live to see LYLO after this display and I would like him dead ASAP.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:48 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@pappums rat: Pieceofpecanpie's timing of his outrageous "confirmed town" statement means he's either a townie playing really badly or he's scum setting up a distraction.

Either way, we get better informationas a town if the discussion is centered on potential lyncheesthan not.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:55 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 266, Kublai Khan wrote:@Cheery Dog: we aren't lynching pieceofpecanpiece today, so I dontknow why you're wasting valuable pre-deadline time talk to and about him.

Tell (or link) me the reason that you're voting Hellhound1.

I'm discussing it because hellhound hasn't shown up yet and I need something to discuss while waiting for either him to show up or someone to hammer. (or both)
May as well make some progress on day 2 talks, even though there is a chance one of us could be dead tomorrow.

I've voting hellhound because of
1. That he has only talked about the having read scum on the two highest pressured players (myself and FUT). (agreeing with the early case put on him)
2. He hasn't brought anything logical into the game (mentioned in #146)
3. I think there is distancing on him from BBS. (as why I voted in @223/my theory mentioned in #229 and explained in #242)
4. The fact he went inactive after the pressure was put to him. (also #242)

To clear 3 up some more (I thought someone had asked about that, but I can't find who), BBS is distancing himself from the lynch while still finding HH to be scummy, the post of BBS's in question said to me "save my buddy". I believe it was a scumslip and the "mislynch" in question was that he didn't want to lynch someone he knew to be on his team, thus it would be a mislynch from scum's point of view. Though I can also see Lupo being the buddy in question to be saved.
This means that BBS is actually my biggest scumread still.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:45 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Searching for a replacement for Hellhound1.

Deadline will be suspended for the time being.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:55 am

Post by killerjester »

I've
never
seen scum use the term mislynch to describe their scumbuddies being lynched. Not even in QTs.

CD, why are you not voting your biggest scumread?
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Paschendale »

It is very frustrating when you top scumreads disappear and there's nothing new to say about them.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:20 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

@pappums rat - You were first on the Hellhound1 wagon, is Cheery Dog's case on Hellhound1 accurate?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”