Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:00 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 194, Kublai Khan wrote:@Nobody Special - When would you say your meta changed? Were you fine with lynching Cheery Dog?

In post 195, Nobody Special wrote:I was then, I'd rather lynch triangle now.

Why were you okay with lynching Cheery Dog at that juncture? Just for the geometry discussion?

In post 196, basketballstar24 wrote:@Khan, He sounds like a VT until day 3, where he has something to do at night. I seriously can't think of any roles that it might be. I think it is town though, if mafia or cult leader than he would have stuff to do at night.

Or maybe he is cult, not cult leader, but I don't know what he has to do on night 3.

How does that jive with this:
In post 104, basketballstar24 wrote:However, Cheery Dog is making assumptions that are way too smart to be to real, and most likely our best lynch for Day 1. Yes, let's let him claim because he's at L-1. Unless he's mafia or third party, he will claim.

You seem pretty inconsistent. Cheery Dog didn't give you a clear claim answer, but you're calling him town. Why?

In post 213, Melmond wrote:@Kublai Khan: So what do you think of lupo now? You said before that your certainty has wavered. Have you looked more into it?

It's not a slam dunk lynch, but I support it. If I had to put an arbitrary number I'd say 70% chance of being scum. killerjester's L-1 waffling point is a good one.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:03 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 223, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 216, basketballstar24 wrote:
I don't know who is scummier, though, but I'll vote Lupo because I don't want some mislynch here if someone hammers Hellhound cause he's at L-2.

So do you have proof that he would be a mislynch?
I guess there is one way to find out.
UNVOTE: NS, VOTE: Hellhound

Hellhound is now at L-1

WTF? If basketballstar24 is scummy for knowing that Hellhound1 is a mislynch, WHY WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HELLHOUND1?

(Also, why didn't killerjester pick up on that?)

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:12 am

Post by killerjester »

I read it differently. Do you care for my interpretation? Or would it be more helpful if Cheery speaks for himself?
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:20 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I have a townier reading on you, killerjester. Answer after Cheery Dog does.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:22 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

WTF? If basketballstar24 is scummy for knowing that Hellhound1 is a mislynch, WHY WOULD YOU VOTE FOR HELLHOUND1?

(Also, why didn't killerjester pick up on that?)[/quote]
Because I don't think we would be able to get a big enough wagon on basketballstar in what little time we still have of this day. (besides my RVS reaction test and sarcasm callout, I haven't seen anyone else believe he might be scum yet this point and I don't think I have the trust of everyone to be able to lead a wagon at this stage)
Therefore I'm testing the theory via a lynch that is likely to happen anyway.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:50 am

Post by killerjester »

Oh LOL that's not what I was thinking at all. I read as you were mocking bbstar, your question felt like it was asking for proof that wasn't there ("ohey Christians! do you have the proof that God is real???) and the "I guess there is one way to find out" was insinuating that there is never proof of one's role until there's a flip. I thought you were disagreeing with bbstar calling Hellhound a mislynch.

Honestly, the thought that you were calling bbstar scummy never occurred to me. It probably had to do with your vote. Which
would
make sense if you were of the mindset shown above. But you aren't. So I agree with KK, if you think it's a scumslip then you should trying to lynch bbstar, not Hellhound.

triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:56 am

Post by triangle123 »

Not voting for bbstar makes sense given the deadline, but voting for Hellhound instead does not. CD, can you clarify what you meant by this?

CD wrote:Therefore I'm testing the theory via a lynch that is likely to happen anyway.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:39 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Vote Count 1.07

Hellhound1 (6) - pappums rat, triangle123, pieceofpecanpie, Paschendale, Melmond, Cheery Dog
Lupo (3) - Kublai Khan, basketballstar24, killerjester
Nobody Special (2) - Hellhound1, Lupo
triangle123 (1) - Nobody Special

Not Voting (1) - Idiotking

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline

~2 days and 8.5 hours
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:05 am

Post by triangle123 »

@mod: Please prod Hellhound.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:13 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Prodding Hellhound1.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
basketballstar24
basketballstar24
Goon
basketballstar24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:48 am

Post by basketballstar24 »

It's a mislynch because some person might not realize it's L-1 and vote for Hellhound, and if he is PR it's town's loss. That's my reasoning of a mislynch. I'm not saying I believe Hellhound is either town or PR, assuming that he is, and some idiot hammers him before he realizes Hellhound's at L-1, then town loses a PR.
Infected!
Jailkeeper, Gatekeeper, Realmkeeper
-bbstar24 :D
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:33 am

Post by Idiotking »

There are vastly better ways to word that than saying it would be a mislynch. A scummy hammer, maybe, but don't overreach your assumptions.

As a side note, if Hellhound doesn't come back then both of the people I've tried to pressure will have gone MIA. In that case I'm either omniscient or really keen on flakes.
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:25 am

Post by triangle123 »

If Hellhound doesn't return in some reasonably expedient fashion, I'm moving my vote to Lupo.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:06 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 216, basketballstar24 wrote:Either Hellhound or Lupo are good lynches. I think NS has played silently, but is, as I said, calm and patient. I still have a null read on NS.

I don't know who is scummier, though, but I'll vote Lupo because I don't want some mislynch here if someone hammers Hellhound cause he's at L-2.

If I'm reading this right.. You think Hellhound1 is a good lynch, but you don't want someone to accidentally lynch him?

In post 229, Cheery Dog wrote:Because I don't think we would be able to get a big enough wagon on basketballstar in what little time we still have of this day. (besides my RVS reaction test and sarcasm callout, I haven't seen anyone else believe he might be scum yet this point and I don't think I have the trust of everyone to be able to lead a wagon at this stage)
Therefore I'm testing the theory via a lynch that is likely to happen anyway.

So you're willing to lynch someone in order to "prove" that someone else knew it would be a mislynch?

@triangle123 - You don't have any comment on recent game happenings?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:14 am

Post by Melmond »

I'm really not liking bbstars last posts, it seems too cautious, he should be voting for who he thinks is a better lynch.
Cheery dogs isn't good either, it seems really far fetched, I don't see how he would prove anything about bbstar by lynching HH.
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
basketballstar24
basketballstar24
Goon
basketballstar24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:13 pm

@Khan, what if he roleclaims PR?

@Melmond, look at my reasons.
Infected!
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by triangle123 »

KK wrote:
@triangle123 - You don't have any comment on recent game happenings?

I do. I want CD to answer my question first, though.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:10 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 231, triangle123 wrote:Not voting for bbstar makes sense given the deadline, but voting for Hellhound instead does not. CD, can you clarify what you meant by this?

CD wrote:Therefore I'm testing the theory via a lynch that is likely to happen anyway.

My theory is that BBS was using it as a distancing strategy, however I didn't vote him because I also thought he might have meant something else via saying mislynch, and with no completed games on the site from him I saw that it could have been a misuse of wording.
I also never mentioned this before because I needed to see how he would respond and didn't want to be giving ideas of excuses.

My hellhound vote is also partially because he disappeared once he started getting pressure.
In post 235, basketballstar24 wrote:It's a mislynch because some person might not realize it's L-1 and vote for Hellhound, and if he is PR it's town's loss. That's my reasoning of a mislynch. I'm not saying I believe Hellhound is either town or PR, assuming that he is, and some idiot hammers him before he realizes Hellhound's at L-1, then town loses a PR.

So you're never going place someone up to L-1?
In post 238, Kublai Khan wrote:
So you're willing to lynch someone in order to "prove" that someone else knew it would be a mislynch?

No, to prove it's not a mislynch and attempting to call a mislynch on someone else that you think has been scummy is association signs.
[/quote]

In post 237, triangle123 wrote:If Hellhound doesn't return in some reasonably expedient fashion, I'm moving my vote to Lupo.
Why? Do you always allow your targets to walk free if they start lurking?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
basketballstar24
basketballstar24
Goon
basketballstar24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:58 pm

In post 242, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 235, basketballstar24 wrote:It's a mislynch because some person might not realize it's L-1 and vote for Hellhound, and if he is PR it's town's loss. That's my reasoning of a mislynch. I'm not saying I believe Hellhound is either town or PR, assuming that he is, and some idiot hammers him before he realizes Hellhound's at L-1, then town loses a PR.

So you're never going place someone up to L-1?

Well, unless I'm fairly certain myself that the player is scum. I guess there are no people here that will hammer without reasoning or realizing that a player is at L-1 (might not read votecount), but just being safe. Considering that this isn't a newbie game, I should've put Hellhound at L-1, but Lupo was also scummy.
And I do have a completed game, Micro Game 7.
Infected!
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Im ready for Hellhound to be lynched. He is trying to lurk this out, and it seems to be working with triangle123 saying a move to Lupo is happening if Hellhound doesnt post soon. WTF is up with that, seriously? I dont even really care about a claim either. If he claims VT his lynch would be fine to go through with, and if he claims a PR I would assume he is lying. In other words, Hellhound is the lynch for today IMO. Hellhound is purposely avoiding this game in an attempt to have his wagon die down, but we should not let this happen. Who wants the honor of hammering this scumbag? =======[]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Post by killerjester »

Dude, he just got off V/LA today. Give him some time to pick up the prod. If it comes down to the wire - within a few hours of the deadline - I'll hammer Hellhound as he is my #2 lynch.

HOWEVER, you've said something that tingles my scumdar.
In post 244, pappums rat wrote:He is trying to lurk this out, and it seems to be working with triangle123 saying a move to Lupo is happening if Hellhound doesnt post soon. WTF is up with that, seriously?

Last I checked, both here (#179) and here (#207), you were supportive of a Lupo lynch, and simply thought it was unlikely to go through D1. So what's wrong with triangle switching to the Lupo wagon anyway?

pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

It would be nice if Hellhound poked his head in here to share some thoughts, being at L-1 and all. Regardless of that he should still be today's lynch.
In post 236, Idiotking wrote:As a side note, if Hellhound doesn't come back then both of the people I've tried to pressure will have gone MIA. In that case I'm either omniscient or really keen on flakes.

You forgot to mention your intent to hammer.

While I'm here (and not working or trying to finish packing because I'm moving house) I thought it'd be best to type out some reflective thoughts on today.

Don't take whatever Hellhound flips for granted tomorrow, as it stands right now there is only confirmed townie here - me - and if I should not make it through the night then it is up to every other townie to take up scumhunting with maximum diligence. Make up your own mind and don't fall into a passive trap where you let one or two people steer the lynches. If you are having trouble seeing my miller claim as genuine - good - don't take my word for granted, however I am going to continue doing everything to ensure a town win for as long as possible. I will once again state that I would prefer to be lynched before any LYLO situation, neutralising WIFOM that scum can generate from my slot, but until then scumhunting will be my game.

I notice a few people are giving town reads on killerjester. My advice would be to remain skeptical of his motives,
especially
if Hellhound flips town. Consider the possible association between his slot (FUT) and CD. Consider also that CD's "reaction test" created suspicion on players like Hellhound and Lupo, but that CD was not at the helm of that suspicion. His own genius stopped after making the distracting posts, and seems happy enough to have dug himself out of a lynch hole while letting the votes fall onto others.

Players that have escaped anything major thus far like pappums rat, Paschendale, Idiot King and Kublai Khan shouldn't be given a free ride to endgame. Note also the "scumminess" of NS' early L-1 vote and the rapid wagon that formed on him. Try to discern whether it was a scum-driven lynch on CD
or
a scum-driven counter-lynch on NS. Also note basketballstar's confusing series of recent posts, is there a scumslip there?

And to anyone I haven't mentioned directly, my advice to town is don't forget about them and don't let them coast along. I would go into further detail on players, but in doing that I feel the basic point of this reflection would get lost: town don't let yourself become passive and lazy.

(Sorry about sounding preachy, I'm just trying as much as possible to be a thorn in the side of scum)
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Post by pappums rat »

In post 245, killerjester wrote:Dude, he just got off V/LA today. Give him some time to pick up the prod. If it comes down to the wire - within a few hours of the deadline - I'll hammer Hellhound as he is my #2 lynch.

HOWEVER, you've said something that tingles my scumdar.
In post 244, pappums rat wrote:He is trying to lurk this out, and it seems to be working with triangle123 saying a move to Lupo is happening if Hellhound doesnt post soon. WTF is up with that, seriously?

Last I checked, both here (#179) and here (#207), you were supportive of a Lupo lynch, and simply thought it was unlikely to go through D1. So what's wrong with triangle switching to the Lupo wagon anyway?

I never said there was anything scummy about triangle possibly jumping over to Lupo, I just have a problem with someone lurking out and someone leaving the wagon simply for that reason. As in, I dont like the idea of Hellhound not getting lynched today simply because he is lurking like a motherfucker.

In post 246, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Don't take whatever Hellhound flips for granted tomorrow, as it stands right now there is only confirmed townie here - me

LOL since when are you confirmed town???
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

In post 247, pappums rat wrote:
In post 246, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Don't take whatever Hellhound flips for granted tomorrow, as it stands right now there is only confirmed townie here - me

LOL since when are you confirmed town???

In post 246, pieceofpecanpie wrote:If you are having trouble seeing my miller claim as genuine - good - don't take my word for granted [...]

Any reason why I shouldn't be confirmed town at this stage pappums?
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Post by Melmond »

If you would have just put post 247 in your last post it would have looked a lot better than putting post 246 in it too PoPP. Why bring up your miller claim again?
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”