spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:55 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Black-and-white thoughts about lumos: I didn't say I knew she was DEFINITELY scummy (which is what many people seem to be thinking I said). I said she might have done some things that set off a LITTLE scummy vibes. So I wanted to shift the focus to someone more experienced, poke a couple of them to see who pinged on my scummy radar... I don't know whether I'm not being clear or no one's understanding me. Oh well. I guess I have to rethink this theory of mine. I tried it out in an IRC game earlier and everyone said it was a good idea. Hm...

Seems like no one wants to lynch Anix. And my vote on him is going nowhere. I guess I'll just have to remind myself not to play in the same game as Anix next time before I get so irritated by his 'I'm so good I'll save everybody in endgame' theory.

Colonel Kurtz, you were like so impassioned. Giving that 'I'm royally pissed' at Anix speech a few posts above this... And then you say you think I'm scummy and vote me. Either you're supertemperamental/having some kind of mood swing or the passionate Anix speech was a lie.

Reason for voting: Anix bandwagon is going nowhere, I don't like his vote on me, and to save my own skin.
unvote, vote Colonel Kurtz
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:56 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

To clarify: the 'his' in my last sentence refers to Kurtz, not Anix.
Blank.
Colonel Kurtz
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:12 am

Post by Colonel Kurtz »

Yes, I am so impassioned that AniX isn't playing like someone who wants to live, but I did specifically say that I was suspicious of you. Since, as you just said, the AniX vote was going nowhere, I changed my vote to the next person I thought was suspicious. Is that really that complex, or are you being willfully ignorant?
I wrote: Anyway, Lumos actually makes kind of a good point. How would you feel if you were just "kept alive" until someone felt like getting you lynched -essentially what spectrumvoid said. Yeah, that would piss me off too. Lumos only looks like a townie to me, but spectrum did do something scummy in suggesting that he should be kept on that leash. I'll hold my vote on him for the time being, though.
Load your program
I am your self
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:54 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Romanus wrote:Oh what Oh what is a town to do when all of these people insist on acting more and more scummy. I swear there has got to be some sort of post restriction that demands they post more and more scummy posts.
Hell, I'd be voting you if you weren't so confirmed.
Kurtz wrote:mikeburnfire...? what'd I do that was scummy?
For one, you placed the fifth vote on both major bandwagons.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:29 am

Post by Patrick »

Spectrumvoid, your posts seem to say that you don't understand why ppl are voting you. Here's my take on it:
I'd rather keep Lumos, since we can always lynch her later. It'll be easier to decide to lynch her then since she's already emitted some scummy vibes. (Notice I said VIBES, nope, it isn't definite.)
Possible translation: I am scum, and I want to lynch an innocent. Lumos is a relatively easy lynch for me later on so I want to keep her around. This is why you've been looking around for other lynches. You saw a chance with anix and took it. Do you understand my reason now?
I'm not sure if this is a valid defence, but if I was scum, wouldn't I have pushed for Lumos's lynch, instead of away from it?
I think that question is answered now.

I can't decide whether Kurtz is scummy or being an impulsive and overaggressive town player.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:34 am

Post by AniX »

For someone who isn't playing this game "correctly", my very nature seems to be drawing the scum out of the woodworks like moths to fire or Snakes to planes.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
rogue_two
rogue_two
Townie
rogue_two
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:15 am

Post by rogue_two »

Sorry to have disappeared (and to come back just as things are getting really scummy....) There were a couple little things I noticed earlier, but they're relatively unimportant now.

But yeah, spectrumvoid's post is either a big slip-up by a mafia member who decided to say what she was actually thinking, or a statement by a townie that went horribly, horribly wrong. I keep trying to think it through and imagine that
spectrumvoid wrote:Reason for voting: Anix bandwagon is going nowhere, I don't like his vote on me, and to save my own skin. unvote, vote Colonel Kurtz
The AniX bandwagon is petering out because 1) you and Colonel Kurtz are drawing all kinds of attention onto yourselves and 2) AniX has started talking more, so the wagon has served its intended purpose. You speak as if you're so bent against AniX that you won't let up with anything less than a lynch.
spectrumvoid wrote:I'm not sure if this is a valid defence, but if I was scum, wouldn't I have pushed for Lumos's lynch, instead of away from it?
I don't think that's valid at all. Most obviously, Lumos could be a scum partner. More importantly, as suspicious as Lumos is, it's nice to keep her alive so you have an easy person to lynch the next day.

Wait, didn't you just say almost verbatim that you *did* want an easy person to lynch the next day? Oh yeah, you did....

Vote: spectrumvoid
Romanus wrote:Lumos, seriously, don't say stuff like that. Please, unless of course you are scum, because you sound scummier everytime you post.
The statement above is the most ridiculous thing I have seen since Scalebane claimed SK in Robotics.
Do you have some sort of post restriction that says you have to post scummy content, really, seriously.
Quoted for truth. If you post something that scummy again, you'll probably earn my vote right away.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:25 pm

Post by Patrick »

one sec. What was scummy/stupid about that post by lumos? What did I miss? She just seemed to be agreeing that spectrumvoid was trying to keep her around as an easy lynch.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:00 pm

Post by Romanus »

Lumos wrote:So I get to be the towny who's kept alive till the very end, as an easy lynch for when spectrum has killed almost everyone else...
Why is this scummy? It is never a good idea to speak as if you know the person attacking you is scum. As if it is some sort of fact. Means you aren't open to the possibility of them being town. Anti-town behavior.

Hope that helps.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Lumos
Lumos
Townie
Lumos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:37 pm

Post by Lumos »

Romanus, that seems to be exactly what Spectrum said in her post. I just pointed that out.

If I recall it was something along the lines of:"Lets keep Lumos alive for now so we can just easily lynch her later"

So if I'm scum, why not lynch me now?
You just got Pwned by a 4 foot-tall girl
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:26 pm

Post by Romanus »

I still believe you are not scum. I don't want you lynched at all at this point. That is why I am begging you to stop acting scummy. One of your posts is going to push me over the edge soon, but for now, I still don't believe you are scum.

Its almost like you want to get lynched.
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Infested-jerk
Infested-jerk
Goon
Infested-jerk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:05 am

Post by Infested-jerk »

Votecount
Vote Count:
Colonel Kurtz: 2, MBF, Spectrum void
Romanus: 0
Rouge_two: 0
MikeBurnFire: 1 Anix
Anix: 1 CrashTextDUmmie
Max: 0
Rosso Carne: 0
Lumos: 0
SpectrumVoid: 5 Romanus, Patrick, Rosso Carne, COlonel Kurtz, Rogue_two

Seven to lynch.

Note: I have decided to replace max. Waiting for any replacement replies.
Last edited by Infested-jerk on Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Out of Time, through kether and in to the abyss of oblivion comes the avenger.
Current IC Status:
Game 234: I gave myself the lynching vote.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:38 am

Post by Patrick »

Colonel Kurtz: 1, MBF, Spectrum void
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:47 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Oh crap. Now I understand where the 'spectrumvoid is scummy' thing is coming from. **** (mutters expletives) I was scummy. Crap. I'm probably irredeemable... Seriously, I was like scratching my head trying to figure out why everyone suddenly thought I was scummy, when I thought I said something that made sense.

I see Lumos doing the same thing I did aka honest mistake but making herself seem scummy. Advice to lumos: stop digging yourself into a hole like I did.

I guess I'm the lynch for today. Even if you guys decide not to lynch me today, I'll always be under suspicion for this matter. *sigh* Well, at least I learnt something really important from this game.
Blank.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:07 am

Post by Patrick »

so guys wassup.
I would quite like to hear from CTD among others. He was someone who hopped onto the anix wagon without a word.
Infested-jerk
Infested-jerk
Goon
Infested-jerk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:20 am

Post by Infested-jerk »

Votecount
Vote Count:
Colonel Kurtz: 2, MBF, Spectrum void
Romanus: 0
Rouge_two: 0
MikeBurnFire: 1 Anix
Anix: 1 CrashTextDUmmie
Max: 0
Rosso Carne: 0
Lumos: 0
SpectrumVoid: 5 Romanus, Patrick, Rosso Carne, COlonel Kurtz, Rogue_two

Seven to lynch.

Note: After around 1:00 PM today I will not be active until at least tuesday afternoon.
Out of Time, through kether and in to the abyss of oblivion comes the avenger.
Current IC Status:
Game 234: I gave myself the lynching vote.
rogue_two
rogue_two
Townie
rogue_two
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:51 am

Post by rogue_two »

I'm now bothered by spectrumvoid's giving up so quickly. Yours isn't the first wagon that's been pushed to five votes, so it's definitely too soon to say that you're "the lynch for today."
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:04 am

Post by Romanus »

UNVOTE

VOTE: Rogue_two

I'm not giving a reason for this vote at the moment, due to time restrictions and other reasons. Reason for now is gut feeling, more later.
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:36 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Rogue_Two: Basically it's because I know that I've somehow managed to make a big mistake. Even though I swear I really didn't know that there was something wrong with my suggestion, now that I've figured it out, if someone else did the same thing I did, I'd have pushed very hard for him to be lynched. Also from a townie's viewpoint, it might be advantageous to lynch me, because you'll be able to see who hopped onto my bandwagon and take a closer look at what they said to decide if they're scum.

I'll do a reread and post tomorrow my views on who I think are scummy, so I'll still contribute to this game.
Blank.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:00 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Checking in. Fine with my vote where it is.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Lumos
Lumos
Townie
Lumos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:07 pm

Post by Lumos »

Okay, I have to say that Romanus's Vote hoping is screaming of scum.

Now he isn't even giving a reason because of "time restraints" which just means that he hasn't thought of a good reason at all.
You just got Pwned by a 4 foot-tall girl
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:28 pm

Post by Patrick »

I don't think thats a very fair assumption. To me time restraints mean that he will post reasons later.

I don't even know if vote hopping is so much a scumtell as a style of play.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:15 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Alright, chums, I just did a reread. Some opinions:

AniX - Started talking. Nothing game related, but at least he's participating.

Romanus & Kurtz - They've both acted scummy at one point or another, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for today. Everyone still voting for either of them deserves a
FoS
for being either scum or horribly inattentive.

Lumos - Ever since she managed not to get lynched, she kinda slipped into the shadows, only occasionally piping up with a short post. She also stopped voting a while ago, which could be interpreted as not trying to call attention to herself anymore. Added to that, she's still barking up Romanus' tree, which is really not a smart thing to do right now. I was willing to give her some newbie credit earlier, but she hasn't improved.

spectrumvoid - She seems to be grasping for the last straw. Her suggestion to keep Lumos alive "because she would be easy to lynch later" wouldn't even make sense from a townie point of view, and I'm therefore inclined to believe that it was an honest scum slip. Her latest "defense" ("I messed up, I'm irredeemable, you should probably lynch me, etc.") sounds somewhat artificial and dishonest, and gives me the feel of a desperate scum. As an added bonus, she's voting for Kurtz.

Unvote, Vote: spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:36 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Romanus there you go again with the rogue-investigatorish behaviour.

I did a reread like I promised. Top 2 on my scum radar: Romanus, Lumos.

I still stand by what I believe, ie: that Lumos is scum. I'll attempt to rectify my idiocy by
unvoting, vote lumos

Hey guys, you might want to think of checking out other games Romanus is playing currently. He likes to vote hop, accuse random people etc, but according to him, it's because he likes to carry out his own investigations. I'm not too sure what to think of that yet.
Blank.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:22 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Lumos wrote:Okay, I have to say that Romanus's Vote hoping is screaming of scum.

Now he isn't even giving a reason because of "time restraints" which just means that he hasn't thought of a good reason at all.
I agree.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”