olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:26 pm

Post by olio »

Scalebane, I don't remember implying that you're not a townie because you defended yourself. Was that directed to Chess?
Chess83 wrote: Do you think I am scum? If not, then leave me alone, if so then make it definitively known.
I believe you're scum. No matter what you say now, at one point you said that EmpTyger has info about Scalebane's scumminess, and if Scalebane turns out to be innocent, EmpTyger should be lynched because he mislead the town, unless he can convince us otherwise. I think it's convicting evidence that you're trying to rewrite the history.
Chess83 wrote: FYI: I clearified my statement about emp's hidden info back on Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:20 pm Post subject: 189
Chess83 wrote: I don't recall saying that it did directly effect scalebane, if I wrote it I was mistaken, if it was implied, again I am sorry. I do make mistakes and this maybe one of them.
Yep, you said yourself that you made a mistake and that mistake is what I'm calling you out for.
Chess83 wrote: Or is it the part about Emp's hidden information making scale look more guilty, which I never claimed.
Sorry mate, you did claim that earlier, no matter how much you try to change that now, no matter how sorry you are and no matter if you think it was a mistake or not. I think it was a mistake on your part.
Chess83 wrote: Emp, has said that he will reveal everything in due time. I trust that. Out of safty I ask that we not exceed 4 votes on Scalebane untill said information is out and Scale has a chance to defened. I say 4 because 6 lynches, anybody dumb enough to hammer before possible damning information is out must be an alien/scum whatever.
Defend against what? EmpTyger's name? EmpTyger's name as damning information?!?
Chess83 wrote: Excuse my change of tone. I don't know why I changed it from "lynch him unless he can convince us otherwise" to "put some heat on him." Maybe, because the first post was on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:41 pm and the second post was on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:12 pm. That is 10 days, 1.5 weeks.
Sorry mate, in my opinion there's a good probability that you saw that EmpTyger won't be lynched after all and are now trying to soften up your earlier tone, so you won't seem so pushy about lynching him. I doubt you can convince me otherwise.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:18 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

I'm sorry. I never meant to dissapear. I'm just so lost in this game, I have no idea what to think. I'm going to need to reread or something to collect my thoughts. Tommorrow I should be free...
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:12 am

Post by Sotty7 »

MeMe wrote:Sotty -- I'd like to hear your thoughts on Sentinel. I find it really odd that you fault me for being "on the edge" and yet seem to be quite comfortable with players who aren't anywhere
near
the edge.
To be honest I think back and I have no thoughts about Sentinel. This is not a good thing, I really want him replaced or to actually start posting.
EmpTyger wrote:This is exactly my point. That *is* your playstyle, and how you’ve behaved towards those players, and more besides. But you *haven’t* acted that way with Scalebane, which was what called you to my attention. (Nor with me initially, as well, though you have now that you’ve been pressed.) Especially the way you afterwards tried to portray yourself as having been so strongly against Scalebane. If that’s how you felt, why hadn’t you said anything? It just feels like your attitude towards Scalebane is different. You’re still the most suspicious player to me, and I’m keeping my vote on you.
You're making a mountain out of a mole hill here and I have come to realize that this is
your
play style. If you go back and re-read you'll see I was talking about Scale
before
you came out with your little theory. He was attempting to throw suspicion on me for a kill you did. Then I disappeared for a little while and like I said before I was away from the whole site! That's why I hadn't said anything during the initial argument between you and Scale. I have pretty much refuted all of your points against me Emp or at least brought up good reason for why I behaved in such away. We are just dancing around in circles here.
EmpTyger wrote: Also,
[quote="Scalebane "[219]"]I get the impression from Sotty that she thought I was the most suspicious out of the set [Scalebane, STD] which was what Chess brought up at the beginning of today. If sotty thought I was the most suspicious out of everyone in the game, I'm not really sure.<snip>
Sotty7 [213] wrote:<snip>Scalebane is still number one on my list, but my evidence isn't really compelling.<snip>
[/quote]
Now you're trying to link Scale and me based on...what?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:16 am

Post by Yaw »

Greetings. I've been skimming rather than reading, so I'm just going to assume the last vote count was correct and work off of it. If there are any issues, let me know and I'll recreate from the beginning of the day.

Vote Count:

Scalebane(2): Chess, MeMe
Chess(1): olio
Sotty7(1): EmpTyger

Not Voting: AniX, Ixnayonthehombre,Save the dragons, Sentinel99, Sotty7, Scalebane

With 10 alive, it will take 6 to lynch.

I'm also not sure how we're doing for specific people participating, so if any prods are required I'll take care of that on request.
Success breeds suspicion
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:10 am

Post by MeMe »

I'm quite happily voting Sentinel99, not Scalebane -- though nonny had it wrong in her last count, I just noticed.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:38 pm

Post by Yaw »

Ok then, vote count recreation it is.

Vote Count:

Scalebane (1): Chess83
Chess83 (1): olio
Sentinel99 (1): MeMe
Sotty7 (1): EmpTyger

Not Voting: AniX, Ixnayonthehombre, Sentinel99, Sotty7, Save The Dragons, Scalebane

Correct from the beginning of day 2. Still 6 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:58 pm

Post by Yaw »

All day and no posts makes Donnie a dull game. (Plus, it's been slow in general recently.) Pick it up, or I'll have to issue a deadline.

Let me know if anyone needs a prod.
Success breeds suspicion
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:55 pm

Post by MeMe »

I'll be out of town for the next couple of days.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:29 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Sentinel99, Ixnayonthehombre need prods for sure. they haven't posted in over a week
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:04 am

Post by Yaw »

Prods sent to Sentinel99 and Ixnayonthehombre as requested.
Success breeds suspicion
Ixnayonthehombre
Ixnayonthehombre
Goon
Ixnayonthehombre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:13 am

Post by Ixnayonthehombre »

...<snip>Ixnayonthehombre need prods for sure. they haven't posted in over a week
I've been on vacation for a week now. I said that in my last post in this game, so at least I have an excuse.
As for the debate between Chess and Olio, It seems to me like two protown players arguing over trifle things...I think we should shift our attention to other matters.
I've got to catch up in 3 other games, so I'll try to do some type of post by tomorrow morning.
"As a cold wind blows across your shattered face, you finally realize that this is where you belong..."
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:11 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

I’m feeling a little silly, but what happened to nonny?

Sotty:
Sotty7 [252] wrote:<snip>You're making a mountain out of a mole hill here and I have come to realize that this is
your
play style. If you go back and re-read you'll see I was talking about Scale
before
you came out with your little theory. He was attempting to throw suspicion on me for a kill you did. Then I disappeared for a little while and like I said before I was away from the whole site! That's why I hadn't said anything during the initial argument between you and Scale. I have pretty much refuted all of your points against me Emp or at least brought up good reason for why I behaved in such away. We are just dancing around in circles here.
But after you returned to the site, why didn’t you have anything to say about Scalebane then?
Sotty7 [cont] wrote:<snip>Now you're trying to link Scale and me based on...what?
As I explained in [247], a change in your playstyle.
Chess83
Chess83
Goon
Chess83
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:15 am

Post by Chess83 »

I am here just to let everyone know. I am watching the whole sotty issue, will post if I notice anything or feel that I maybe able to contribute in some way.
"Common sense knows, but it does not know what it knows NOR how it knows NOR how to correct and complement its own inadequacies." - Bernard Lonergan
5W 2L
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:03 pm

Post by Yaw »

Not even close to good enough. Mass prods going out. You now have a retractable
deadline: August 25 at 10PM Mountain Time

Get posting, and it will come off.

(Sorry, I don't have mod access so can't change the thread title. Hopefully will be able to get someone else to do it, but if not, the prods should be enough of a reminder.)
Success breeds suspicion
Chess83
Chess83
Goon
Chess83
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:05 pm

Post by Chess83 »

Okay, I just recieved a "prod" for this thread while I was online again tonight checking for updates. The message stated a deadline of August 25. It also suggested that we begin talking. So here it my scummiest list. It is not very solid since I am unsure of a lot. It basically is going on what I feel is the underlying consistant suspicisions I have.

SCUMMIEST (these are not pairings, the fact that there are two for each number just means I consider both to be equally scummy.)
1. Scale/STD
2. Sotty/MeMe

The rest I am fairly convinced are town. However, as everyone knows these games can change in a heartbeat. I suggest we all begin posting more often and try to give something to the game, even if it is not much. Starting with a scummiest list.
"Common sense knows, but it does not know what it knows NOR how it knows NOR how to correct and complement its own inadequacies." - Bernard Lonergan
5W 2L
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:32 pm

Post by MeMe »

The scummiest person, in my opinion, is the one I'm voting -- but you can find a list of people I'm willing to vote/those I find the scummiest in post 209, from more than two weeks back. Not much has changed.

I'd love for you to explain, Chess, what Sentinel has done to "fairly convince" you that he's town.
Chess83
Chess83
Goon
Chess83
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by Chess83 »

It is more of what he has not done MeMe, although he is far from an active player (something I like) he does not strike me immediatly as scum. However, he has not done anything that strikes me as town. To be completly honest, I forgot about him (that is the goal of lurkers.) After some consideration I realized that I don't view the rest of the town on the same level of suspision. However, I do view basically from #4 down as innocent.
Revised (Complete)
1. STD/Scale
2. MeMe/ Sotty
3. Sentinel
4. AniX/Ixnayonthehombre
5. EmpTyger/Olio
5. Me (of course I am at the very bottom. :)

This list is complete, unless of course I forgot someone else.
5W 2L
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:30 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

I apologize to the town, but the worst of my access difficulties will be occurring this week. This deadline is particularly bad because the town needs at least 2 people to have a chance defend themselves- the lynch and vigtargets- and certain defenses might lead to reevaluation that we would lack the time to do fully. Put another way, if you’re number 2 on the town’s hitlist, don’t wait until the last minute.

I’m torn between my original tell (Scalebane), my current suspicion (Sotty), and the lurkers who are actively or passively refusing to voice their suspicions (of which AniX is the worst to me). I’m also becoming increasingly suspicious of Chess for a lot of little things that feel off. I’m wavering enough to
unvote: Sotty7
, and want to think and hear more before I revote.

Chess:
I don’t understand the relative positionings of MeMe (2), Sentinel (3), and AniX (4) in [266]. Could you explain why you feel those ways. Also, can you clarify what you meant by the “sotty issue” in [262]?

AniX:
Getting close to this alleged hour of yours…

Sotty:
Just because I unvoted doesn’t mean I don’t still want to hear your response to [261].

Scalebane:
Just because I haven’t been voting doesn’t mean I don’t still want to hear your response to [247].

Mod:
Worstcase scenario: the deadline is not lifted. What will the procedure then be?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:38 pm

Post by Yaw »

I set the deadline so that Nonny would be back around then. I don't know how she intended to handle it, and she does get final say. (I don't even have the game setup -- if a lynch were reached I was just going to lock the thread and wait for her to write the night scene.) I would advocate for a DP-style deadline lynch scenario (reduced number of votes), but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen. I'll see if I can find some indication of how she's likely to rule from past games she's modded, and get back to you.
Success breeds suspicion
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:43 pm

Post by Scalebane »

empTyger wrote:Scalebane:
Scalebane [244] wrote:
<snip>I think sotty is town, but I'm not quite sure why I think that.<snip>

If you do figure it out, I’d be interested in hearing why.

Also,
Scalebane "[219] wrote:
I get the impression from Sotty that she thought I was the most suspicious out of the set [Scalebane, STD] which was what Chess brought up at the beginning of today. If sotty thought I was the most suspicious out of everyone in the game, I'm not really sure.<snip>

Sotty7 [213] wrote:
<snip>Scalebane is still number one on my list, but my evidence isn't really compelling.<snip>
Clearly I was overlooking the post from sotty at that point and I'm glad you pointed it out to me. I still can't for the life of me quite figure out where the *logic* for Chess's STD/Me thing comes from especially as it seems to still be based on his post earlier today where he basically said that we're scum because of how behaved in the chamber lynch. And that's already been hashed over pretty thoroughly.

I really want to give some snide remark about how I'll reply to EmpTyger's questions when he responds to half the town's, but the issue is that I can't honestly bring myself to think that lynching EmpTyger is the best move for today so I have little reason to try and argue for it.

That said, I've been kind of losing the thread of the game (metaphorically) and going back through the game , I'm beginning to suspect Chess. If you go back through and look at how he's handling the argument with Olio, she has quite a few valid points that he, in my opinion, falls short of really addressing. I'm going to read back through again and construct more against chess if my suspicions and what Olio's arguments point towards pans out.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:19 pm

Post by olio »

Scalebane, I'd rather be addressed "he" ;)

Still happy with my vote.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:12 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Scum?
Scalebane
Sentinal
Sotty

Dunno
Olio
Anix
Meme

Town
Chess
Ixnay
Emp

Although my vote's probably going to someone who's name starts with 'S' over anyone's who's doesn't. For now, I'm willing to vote Sentinal if we're going to have a deadline. If it's going to move, I may move my vote if I find a compelling reason to do so.

Vote: Sentinal
Ixnayonthehombre
Ixnayonthehombre
Goon
Ixnayonthehombre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:54 am

Post by Ixnayonthehombre »

I might as well add a list of people I think are scummiset.
1. Sentinel99
2. STD
3. AniX
4. Scalebane
5. EmpTyger
6. MeMe
7. Olio
8. Sotty7
9. Chess83
If the deadline is not lifted, then we need to start discussing who we are going to lynch and who we are going to nightkill. I'd be happy lynching Sentinel99, and having EmpTyger nightkill AniX. Getting rid of the two most inactive players would benefit us, even if they were town. But with the way Sentinel has been acting, I think he's Mafia.
In case the deadline is not lifted,
Vote:Sentinel99
"As a cold wind blows across your shattered face, you finally realize that this is where you belong..."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:03 am

Post by Sotty7 »

EmpTyger wrote:But after you returned to the site, why didn’t you have anything to say about Scalebane then?
A mistake on my part, but I was caught up in your claim, which was has been a important part of the day. I agree I shouldn't have stopped talking about Scale, but it's not like I never mentioned him before hand. I feel like your pushing me because I “latched” on to him, when that just isn't the case.
EmpTyger wrote:As I explained in [247], a change in your playstyle.
My play style has changed at all. I got caught up in your claim for a few posts before looking back on who I found scummy.
Chess83 wrote:I am here just to let everyone know. I am watching the whole sotty issue, will post if I notice anything or feel that I maybe able to contribute in some way.
Chess83 wrote:Okay, I just recieved a "prod" for this thread while I was online again tonight checking for updates. The message stated a deadline of August 25. It also suggested that we begin talking. So here it my scummiest list. It is not very solid since I am unsure of a lot. It basically is going on what I feel is the underlying consistant suspicisions I have.

SCUMMIEST (these are not pairings, the fact that there are two for each number just means I consider both to be equally scummy.)
1. Scale/STD
2. Sotty/MeMe
OK, you're “watching” my situation can you explain why you find me scummy? Actually an explanation for everyone you find scummy would be helpful for the town when we need to discuss.

The last couple of posts from Chess has really confused me and I'd also like STD to explain why his list is as it is.

As of right now I'll be putting my vote on Scale for trying to throw weak suspicion my way for the night kill at the very start of the day and for Emp's points about him over analyzing the night kill. Also the way he lurked once the towns focus had moved away from him.

Vote: Scalebane

I would not be against lynching Sentinel99 either but I'd rather have him replaced. Anix really needs to get in here.

Emp – As much as I hate to rely on a claim I will do so if you still have enough suspicion towards me to actually kill me tonight. I feel I have answered your questions more than well enough but you obviously still find me scummy (several others seem to be following you too)
Chess83
Chess83
Goon
Chess83
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:32 am

Post by Chess83 »

Sotty, to sum up why I think you are scummy, you are not dealing with the pressure on you very well. That is why I am going to continue to watch the conversation you are having with people.

Also, convient that you are already starting to tear into two people's lists who are under some suspicision but not willing to give your own... why did you not post your list?

@Emp, you mean why I see MeMe as scummier than Sentinel and Anix?
It is nothing more than I feel MeMe is detracting more from the town in her posts, she rarely adds anythign constructive and hardly even posts, yet she is going after some other people who rarely post (granted they are flat out missing at this point) As for Anix being below Sentinel, I have seen his 11th thing work in chat games, I know this is not the same but I have some faith in the man. However, I think he needs to start getting involved as the game is fast approaching the "11th hour"

As for the "sotty issue" comment I ment the whole discussion involving the play style change and all that surrounds it. I had nothing to add to the discussion but I thought it was an interesting point and I wanted to see Sotty's reaction to the pressure and accusations.
5W 2L

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”