Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:30 am

Post by Konowa »

All of your statements are wrong.

1)Yes it is accusatory. That is the point.
2)Was asking Reck to clarify his statement since what I said was two parts.
3)It is not negligable. I view Reck's entrance post as null, so for someone else to see it as scummy and combining the fact that said person has not said anything worthwhile so far it is relevant.
4)Yes I am asking for scum reads from Mehdi because he hasn't said anything yet. Why would this be an afterthought?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:31 am

Post by MattP »

Nope, I'm right
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:36 am

Post by MattP »

Also I hate posting cases because the whole point is that they're open to interpretation but PETA asked. I'm sure he will find his own reasons
SlappyKrust
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:34 am

Post by petapan »

In post 226, Konowa wrote:This is the first real large I have been in since I returned to site (currently playing in a 15 player game, but I really do not consider that a large). First time around on site, I had trouble keeping up in larges and could not get reads off of anyone D1. So I decided to try and create a flash in the pan in an attempt to help me get reads.

what exactly where you doing to try to "create a flash in the pan"?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:35 am

Post by petapan »

withholding comment on other things until i get an answer on that because i love keeping my cards face down
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:48 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Back from VLA, will catchup today.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:36 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 242, Konowa wrote:So you are saying that townme would have said gg no re Mehdi? What about my position on Mehdi do you disagree with?

I don't know what you mean in the first question. For the second, I disagreed with your scum position, but if you're saying he's town now, then I agree with that.

Also interested to hear the answer to peta's question.
Inox
Inox
Townie
Inox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:15 am

Post by Inox »

In post 254, petapan wrote:withholding comment on other things until i get an answer on that because i love keeping my cards face down

In other words you like to remain non-committal while not helping town's scumhunting effort at all?
Congratulations, one million scumread points for
Gryffindor
you.

Konawa's initial vote on Mehdi felt ultra scummy, but right now he's feeling more and more town. I still think Mehdi is town right now, however, newtown feels different from newscum.
I'm perfectly okay with lynching Kondi, however.
But right now.
Unvote: Konawa

Vote: petapan

How about you actually give some contributions and reads?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:17 am

Post by MattP »

Uhhhhhh Peta is doing a classic and good town strategy
SlappyKrust
Inox
Inox
Townie
Inox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:20 am

Post by Inox »

Classic and good town strategy is giving reads on people.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:23 am

Post by MattP »

No players like CES who is a very good player keep their proverbial cards down because it can be advantageous to allow certain things, surprisingly, unbeknownst to you from happening. Once you out scummy behavior patterns they are amendable by scum and good scum will fix small samples of scum behavior. Good town will be patient. Peta has made two posts so far and is trying to field a reaction and your impulsivity to get him to spew reads is anti town
SlappyKrust
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:25 am

Post by petapan »

In post 257, Inox wrote:
In post 254, petapan wrote:withholding comment on other things until i get an answer on that because i love keeping my cards face down

In other words you like to remain non-committal while not helping town's scumhunting effort at all?
Gryffindor
you.

Konawa's initial vote on Mehdi felt ultra scummy, but right now he's feeling more and more town. I still think Mehdi is town right now, however, newtown feels different from newscum.
But right now.

mafiascum.net
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:29 am

Post by petapan »

i have opinions but i don't want to influence konowa's answer to my question, and i don't do lists as town, pretty much ever, unless there's a lot more information than on page 11 of a large game

if yr dying to know my opinion on a player all you have to do is ask specifically
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 257, Inox wrote:

Gryffindor
you.

But right now.

X X X

try again
green shirt thursdays
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by PMysterious »

In post 250, Konowa wrote:All of your statements are wrong.

3)It is not negligable. I view Reck's entrance post as null, so for someone else to see it as scummy and combining the fact that said person has not said anything worthwhile so far it is relevant.
4)Yes I am asking for scum reads from Mehdi because he hasn't said anything yet. Why would this be an afterthought?

In post 251, MattP wrote:Nope, I'm right

I don't care who's right. As long as we lynch Scum, I'm happy. :wink:
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

I don't get the Konowa hate
I disagree with his Mehdi read but why the hell would scum vote to try to start a wagon player (Mehdi) that's been widely proclaimed as town?
It dun make sense.

Staeg and Shamrock sort of badvibes from the jumps on Kon, the latter makes up for it after the Blastoide exchange though, leaning town on him. Staeg's 222 is horrible, it's not inquisitive from a townie's perspective, it's an accusation poised as a question.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

a wagon on a player* ^

In post 182, AGar wrote:@Shiidaji Deas's posting seems pretty contrived at first, but it's early game so it's probably him just trying to spark something for conversation right now. Sometimes making little shit up gets things going in a game that isn't exactly progressing quickly, and this game wasn't exactly brimming with activity worth any shit. Null-leaning-town on him.

Which ones felt contrived, and how?

In post 237, MattP wrote:2. Staeg -town
4. xRECKONERx -duhtown
5. manho -lean town
10. Shiidaji -idgaf

Why.

@Whoever said Reck is town, why? I've yet to get any alignment vibes from him at all.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Saying that you actually are scummy for something when it wasn't hard to push that suspicion away since it was a minor thing is a small town lean. Questioning people thinking he's town is another small thing. Answering things and giving some quick reads without tunneling much is another bit. I don't really see any one thing that makes him look really town, but post wise minor things just add up.

I'll do a full read post in a bit.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 264, PMysterious wrote:

oh hey I'm assuming you're done with your reread because you're posting and/or 'dealwithit'

what's the strongest read you got out of rereading and what's the one you think the most people will currently disagree with?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 264, PMysterious wrote:

This is garbage.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 266, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 182, AGar wrote:@Shiidaji Deas's posting seems pretty contrived at first, but it's early game so it's probably him just trying to spark something for conversation right now. Sometimes making little shit up gets things going in a game that isn't exactly progressing quickly, and this game wasn't exactly brimming with activity worth any shit. Null-leaning-town on him.

Why does it matter?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

In post 270, AGar wrote:
In post 266, Shiidaji wrote:

Why does it matter?

I'd like to know if your reasoning was thrown together on the spot or if you actually thought that through, since I don't see his posts that way.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 265, Shiidaji wrote:why the hell would scum vote to try to start a wagon player (Mehdi) that's been widely proclaimed as town?

I've done this as scum before in the hope that people would think this, so I don't think it's that unlikely.
Seastormjt
Seastormjt
Goon
Seastormjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Post by Seastormjt »

Not quite sure how to get back into discussion without a giant wall, so if you don't like it, I apologize.
It also really annoys me that people are kind of sneaking in? Like, I'm getting really thrown off by people who come in and start questioning a single person without giving reads on anyone else. It's just something that I find scummy, and everyone seems to be doing it?

Don't bother reading the SoC if you don't want to, I just have explanation in there. I pulled everything important down to the bottom.
Spoiler:
From what I read, RVS 'ends' at #45 -- Before then, I have a slight town read on Mehdi, and as of #45, I have a slight town read on Shii for trying to drag us out of RVS and actually going after people.
#46 -- DV, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do here with the vote.
#47 -- Kondi, was your vote on DV for RVS? If not what was the reasoning etc.
Answered.
#48-#63 is a lot of theory and reasoning talk? I can't really read any of it, because it's explanations for actions that don't directly relate to the game.
#64 -- Inox, I'm not quite sure how you're getting a scumread on DV? Could you expand on it more, like what it is about the questions you don't like?
#66 -- I really dislike how quick this jump was, and I think he's trying to get a new (to this forum) player lynched.
--For this exchange, I think Mehdi and Shii come out townier, again.
As of about #88, I feel much better about DV, but still wary of Inox and Kondi.
#97 -- Kind of reinforces the Inox read :/ Mainly because the way he just jumped off DV really looks like he's sheeping Shii.
#103 and #104, Mehdi's looking like really misguided town.
#109 -- Eeeeeh, I don't agree wrt Kondi. I thought someone was getting my line of thinking, but obviously not. I actually think that
your
train of thought is flimsy, because PM was someone pretty difficult to get a townread on earlier in the day. -- Slight scum.
Like hng in your next few posts you talk about how he's always like that, and if he's always like that then... It's a null-tell? I mean really. By #114 I really feel like he's trying too hard (MattP, that is.)
--Then there are a couple sheep -- PM, Jackal and Mehdi ftr, of them, I'm getting scum off of PM and Jackal, since I still have a good townread on Mehdi.
#130 -- From when he came in until this post, I'm a little annoyed at Sham for only pursuing that line of questioning which really isn't even that productive anyway? It seems to be an artificial way of looking like he's scumhunting. About the actual post, I am really getting the feeling that MattP is desperate scum grasping at straws and trying to throw suspicion on anyone he can.
#139 -- Staeg, do you have anything to say about the various things that have happened in the game so far?
#140 -- Really dislike Bitmap for coming in to sheep Matt and not saying anything else.
#146 does make me like AGar more than, say, Staeg.
#155, #157, #159, #160 --
Thank you Gamma we are out of RVS now

#163 -- Oh look someone agrees with me on a lot of things. Willing to put down town because I haven't seen these opinions in-thread yet and I doubt scum would build such a large post and go out on a limb like that.
#167 -- Don't really understand this post -- DV is getting scummier because I feel like he's jumping too hard too quickly.
#168 -- Kondi I almost thought you were town and then you did this sheep thing and ew.
#170 -- Konowa, I didn't follow the links either. Do you have any opinions on the arguments made in general?
#177 -- Oh look, Matt is capable of talking about people other than Kondi. I would love it if you would.
#181 -- My reaction to this is very similar to Mehdi's -- Konowa may not be reading Mehdi the same as the general opinion, but that doesn't make him inherently scummy? I didn't like him because he wouldn't explain things (though he does later), but the wagon just piled up so quickly, it makes me wary of Sham, Matt, and Inox.
#203 -- Okay I'm definitely just tired and everything seems scummier than it is. Sham looks miles better now.
#204 -- ... Inox are you third party?
#206 -- DV, why are you voting Staeg?
~#225 -- I... Don't really like Konowa's reasoning, but at least it's there, even if I read differently. Also, these aren't exactly easy targets, and I do think he is slightly town.
Regarding the last two pages, I'm a little stunned by how shallow the arguments seem to be. Also, I find good town strategy to be explaining your reads and
especially
your votes, since, you know, you want people to follow you if you actually want them lynched?
Questions:
#64 -- Inox, I'm not quite sure how you're getting a scumread on DV? Could you expand on it more, like what it is about the questions you don't like?
#139 -- Staeg, do you have anything to say about the various things that have happened in the game so far?
#167 -- Don't really understand this post -- DV is getting scummier because I feel like he's jumping too hard too quickly.
#170 -- Konowa, I didn't follow the links either. Do you have any opinions on the arguments made in general?
#204 -- ... Inox are you third party?
#206 -- DV, why are you voting Staeg?

Livelist, town to scum:
Spoiler:
7. Seastormjt
10. Shiidaji
16. Mehdi2277
17. Blastoide
3. AGar
11. Konowa
4. xRECKONERx
13. Shamrock
18. Gammagooey/5. manho-- Null (above is town, below is scum)
2. Staeg
1. DeasVail
19. Jackal711
12. PMysterious
21. Bitmap
20. kondi2424
15. MattP

8. Inox -- Likely 3P

Dead null zone

6. PeregrineV
9. Peta
14. whispersilk

Explaining my reads:
Inox is being very, very, weirdly cautious. This is pure meta, and he's already explained that he finds it towny to explain his reads (which is something I also believe -- It lets you be held accountable to your reads and scum obviously doesn't like that), but he's yet to do it himself. On the other hand, he is literally one of the bloodthirstiest scumplayers I've ever seen, and I don't think he's scum.

I feel like Matt is reaching way too hard to make a case, and he's scrambling to do so. Then the way he jumped on Konowa really doesn't sit right with me.

I can't quite remember why I didn't like Kondi, but I seem to remember he was sheeping? That jump on Inox at the beginning of the game felt really, really weird as well.

Bitmap is being really sheepy without giving many opinions, and I really don't like it :/

All of this said,
Vote: MattP
@Mod: Going to go V/LA until the 26th.
I'm trying to focus on a few different things between now and then. I'll try to answer any questions, but I'm probably going to not post or think about this game too much.
Inox
Inox
Townie
Inox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Post by Inox »

Seastorm you're asking me to answer a question about a vote that was in RVS and that I explained already.

In response to your other question, I'm not 3p, I'm town.
Heck considering I think that my antecedents of games I've been 3p (campfire) I've actually gone out of my way to be townier than when I'm actually town. I'm curious as to what makes you ask that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”