RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:39 am

Post by RandomActs »

Mert wrote:
Random vote: Random Acts
- just seems to roll off the tongue...
Yes, there's a certain rhythm and symmetry to that. Very nice.

Vote: omg_im_innocent_wtf

I think he doth protest too much!
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:53 am

Post by RandomActs »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Bandwagon vote: Random Acts
CES still needs huggling, I see! :D
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:39 am

Post by RandomActs »

Elias_the_thief wrote:they always target the thief.
That's because the thieves target us!
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:47 pm

Post by RandomActs »

unvote

4 votes is way too many for anyone at this stage of the game.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:17 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Twomz wrote:I know why you and RA unvoted Omg, you both did it for good reasons i suppose... but the timing of it just feels wrong, so I voted for you. *shrug*
The timing of my unvote was pretty simple. My vote was a random vote to begin with, and it started to turn into a bandwagon when OMG began stirring up attention. He got up to 4 votes, more than halfway to a lynch. Not wishing to be part of an early lynch, especially with a random vote, I unvoted.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:00 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:We need a bandwagon.
Unvote, vote: Colonel Kurtz
CES - better that bandwagons are started by scum so we can better identify them, or if not that, by their own volition due to the course of play. No need to clamor for a wagon, especially if the conversation is flowing. The justification for a wagon should arise without forcing it.

For instance, I think OMG is a good candidate for a wagon. He is definately overplaying. Yeah, as PP notes, it could be just being a newb, but even newbs can think things through a little, and I see very little of that in his posts. I don't see how he can be serious about his accusations. It could be bad play, too. And if that's the case, a little pressure might help him be more thorough in his thought process. So for now . . .

Vote omg_im_innocent_wtf
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Arafax wrote:
MOD
...I checked the game earlier this evening and there was a post by Pink Princess that seems to be missing....I remember it distinctly because I had to read it 3 times to understand what her post said.

Any idea what happened?...Thanks!
So if you read it 3 times you should have a good idea what it said? Why not relate it to the rest of us?
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:26 am

Post by RandomActs »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:i have to say, this game is very much running in backwardsworld to what im used to.

given the amount of time, wouldnt a mafia be more likely to really think through their posts, making sure all angles were covered, then give lengthy explanations that make sense for what they do?

whereas a villager would just post what they thought, based on feel or anything else without caring much what anyone else thought?
Actually, townies should stay away from feelings and act upon the facts available. Scum have to make up excuses to lynch someone, so the more you talk about feelings (which have no proofs associated with them)the scummier you look. Base your arguments on logic, and as long as it's sound you'll help the town.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:12 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Twomz wrote:If someone starts the day saying they don't think so and so is scummy, then later in the day for no reason at all they start pushing for their lynch, it's typically concidered a scum tell (that's my closest example to hypocricy in mafia games).
That is a scum tell, yes, but it's not hypocrisy. More like flipflopping or inconsistent behaviour.

PP gave a good example. It's the kettle calling the pot black.
Hypocricy, inconsistency, flip-flopping, kettles of whatever color - it's all a matter of semantics. It's not what word we assign to the actions that matters, it's the actions themselves. By whatever word you use, I find the referenced behaviors suspcious if not scummy.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:12 am

Post by RandomActs »

I'm not buying the Mert wagon until I see better reasons than those suggested. I've seen more suspicious behaviors from others than from Mert.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:52 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Twomz wrote:Can you give us examples RA? Or are you just trying to defuse the bandwagon off your scumbuddy, w/o making any stances yourself?
Sure thing. Here are few examples I've made note of:

Post 16: when omg says, "kill mert today please seriously anyone not on mert needs to die next." I would have passed this off as fluff except he says, "seriously."

Post 30: Elias would target himself if he were mafia? Pure BS.

Post 42: Voting a wagon you don't believe in. Blaming the biscuits won't be enough cover, I'm afraid.

Post 49: Arafax overplays Pink Princess' flu absense.

Post 54: Arafax overplays Elias' "defense" of PP's absense.

Of course there's CES's wagon hopping, which is typical for him, but can also be a mask for scum play.

Post 99: Rosso uses the old "crap-logic" charge, but doesn't specify the fault in the logic.

Post 144: Lowell does some blantant meta-gaming.

Post 167: Lowell admits he has partically overstated his attack on Elias. Well at least he admits it, but only after it was caught.

Post 172: Rosso is blood-thirsty.

Post 180: Rosso is
really
bloodthirsty. He says, "blatant quicklynches are good for the town." Umm, I don't think so.

And of course post 204. Not joining an ill-founded wagon doesn't make once scum. Just another over-play on your part.

These are items that raised my eyebrows a bit. I'm not saying any of these in themsleves indicate scumness, but may be part of any case I would make once more evidence comes in.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:33 am

Post by RandomActs »

Arafax wrote:RA - I like all of the points that you made...Now, I would like to know who you think is scummy...This is page 9; I'm sure you have some ides of who is the most scummy by now.
Check the count. I've had my vote on OMG for some time now (post 93). Although I used the vote to send a message, I'm still happy where it is for now.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:25 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Rosso Carne wrote:RA, quicklynches are excellent for the town in minis. scenario:

townie is lynch -2
2 scum jump on and lynch
OH LOOK, WE FOUND 2 SCUM AND ONLY LOST ONE TOWNIE!
But how do you know if we're actually in your tidy scenerio? How can you assume the last two lynchers are scum? Perhaps they're on the wagon already. Then again, how can you be sure the scum are even
on
the wagon? Any diviation from your scenerio and we'll be lynching townies right and left. Sorry, but it's a bad plan.

And btw, since you've indicated you believe the last 2 voters on a wagon are scum, haven't you discouraged anyone else, town or scum, from voting on your wagon?
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:41 am

Post by RandomActs »

Arafax wrote:
RandomActs wrote: But how do you know if we're actually in your tidy scenerio?
What do you mean by "we're" in this post....[/b]
"We" obviously refers to all 12 players in the game. Come on Arafax. I know you gotta be smart enough to see that.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:57 am

Post by RandomActs »

Elias_the_thief wrote: didnt catch the reasoning behind this wagon. could someone inform me on what scummy behavior has made him lynchable? not to sound skeptical, i just mised it somehow.
The reason for the wagon: Here it is in their own words, beginning with RC.
Rosso Carne wrote:
mert wrote:Well you said sorry for not having checked the way the game was played and that you should have been more careful with your vote. The thing was, your vote was only the second on me and so it really wasn't that big a deal. What you were accused of was trying to get a Mertwagon going to give a quick lynch in Day One, something which only benefits scum.
mert wrote:Indeed, four votes does appear to have done the trick in this instance but FOS: Bloojay for putting on the fourth vote even though it immediately followed a vote count. I'd be very wary of putting anyone at Lynch-n (where n is a likely minimum amount of scum in the game) so early in Day One.
unvote, vote:mert

Call it a big hunch, but that's been bothering me as of late. 4 votes is not lynching range, neither is 5. Also, blatant quicklynches are good for the town, cuz it exposes 1-2 scum. Yeah yeah, sacrifice townies, but if scum are that dumb that they want a lynch, then power to em.

Other than that, personal experience. It's a slip. I'd be willing to put mert at 80% and lowell at 60% after reading this through again.
Then from Twomz:
vote: mert I agree w/ the above ^^

From Arafax:
Vote Mert I just want a wagon

From Colonel Kurtz:
As tempting as it is to vote Arafax for saying "I just want a wagon", I'm going to have to go with the Mert wagon at the moment because it seems like he is trying entirely too hard to be in the spotlight. I mean, yeah, I agree with some of the other allegations that he is making a big deal out of the 4 out of 7 vote, but my main problem is that he's sort of trying to be in the discussions consistently without being too much of a leader. vote Mert.

From CES:
Sweet, a wagon. Unvote, vote: Mert
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:01 am

Post by RandomActs »

Well, that was pathetic. Outing our cop on Day 1. Good job, guys. I'm glad there's enough sanity in the group that he wasn't lynched.

I'm going to vote Major Kurtz (yeah, I think you should be demoted) because this:

As tempting as it is to vote Arafax for saying "I just want a wagon", I'm going to have to go with the Mert wagon at the moment because it seems like he is trying entirely too hard to be in the spotlight.

is one of the lamest, cover-my-butt, trying-to-look-reasonable-while-joining-a-ridiculous-wagon excuses for a vote that I've seen in a long time.

unvote
Vote: Kurtz

I have an FOS on Arafax for inventing his reasons for voting after the fact (post 241). Here's a novel idea folks: why don't we think first,
then
vote?

Sorry for the tone of this post, but that wagon was ridiculous. And now the cop is outed. I will admit, however, it may have tipped us off to some scum.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:13 am

Post by RandomActs »

bloojay wrote:sorry i've been not-so-posting...school and the holiday weekend caught up to me.

in other news, i have nothing to say as of yet. I am a little suspiscious of twomz and kurtz, but i need to read deeper rather than skim for me to have any real opinion.
Welcome back. But regardless of the reasons, you have some catching up to do. I think we'd all like to hear your thoughts on the game.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:54 am

Post by RandomActs »

vikingfan wrote:
Arafax-Mason, shot
and
stabbed, Night 1
(emp mine)

I might be splitting hairs here, but with two methods of killing listed, do you suppose Arafax was double targetted last night?
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:57 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Pink Princess wrote:Twomz: can we lynch you yet?
Let's get RC to hammer Twomz. He likes to hammer, right? :D
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:50 am

Post by RandomActs »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:It's time for a ====[].
I'd be glad to hammer if I don't like the claim. I'm still waiting to hear from Lowell.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:30 am

Post by RandomActs »

Lowell needs to die, one way or another.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:38 am

Post by RandomActs »

At this point, Twomz needs to kill mafia as much as we do. Here we are trying to figure how to kill Twomz when he's more of a problem to the scum than he is to us. Let's leave him alone for now and let the bad guys worry about him. He's not our problem right now.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:33 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Colonel Kurtz wrote:Who's up for the hammer?
Twomz needs to hammer, unless you want to do the honors. If Twomz unvotes, I'll get on the wagon and then Twomz can hammer away.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:23 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Mert wrote:In order to be sure, we need Twomz to hammer. If Lowell explodes and Twomz is killed then fine, that solves that problem. If Lowell dies and Twomz remains alive then we can always deal with him tomorrow. If both Lowell and Twomz survive into tonight uscathed then we might need Twomz to kill Lowell for us.
Sheesh, I was kidding about you doing the honors. The plan above (which I'm going along with) calls for Twomz to do the hammering. It's too risky for anyone else to try.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:48 pm

Post by RandomActs »

Vote: Lowell
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:54 am

Post by RandomActs »

Was fun while it lasted. Thanks everyone. Go town!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”