Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:13 am

Post by Lowell »

Vote Mert
for having an avatar that frightens me a little.

FoS omg_im_innoncent_wtf
for the most hilarious name I've seen yet :lol:
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:56 am

Post by Lowell »

MIA lately. No reason, I guess I was just feeling overwhelmed by the grammar debates.

unvote, Vote Colonel Kurtz

Eh, Mert seems less guilty than he did earlier, when I thought he was overreacting to a few initial votes (btw it was me who justified the initial vote with "because his avatar scares me a little"). His defense seems more genuine at this point, or, if not, at least not the person most worthy of my vote.
Twomz - that's a very interesting philosophy, I've never really heard anything like that. unvote Twomz

...Anyway, I'm done being a jerk, so I'd additionally like to say that I'm glad you're feeling better, and I'd like to apologize for making a disparaging comment about you being sick
Kurtz, on the other hand, seems to be both lurking and sucking up (not to mention tormenting poor Congolese villagers). He got called out for lurking and then posted basically just to unvote for someone and apologize to someone else. I appreciate civility as much as the next guy, but in a game of social politics I'm also going to be somewhat skeptical.

(btw: yes, I'm aware that
I
was also accused of lurking... but for some reason I'm less suspicious of that...)
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:04 am

Post by Lowell »

FOS: Twomz
for making a fool out of me in culutural revolution mafia. I shall never NOT suspect you again.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:34 am

Post by Lowell »

Arafax wrote:
Our Awesome MOD wrote: Lowell has been prodded.
When you post and the MOD has to prod you later in that day, you know that your posts are full of waste!
Touche. Yeah all right, I'm here. I've pretty much been ignoring this game, probably because I've been paying too much attention to others.

The FOS was meant as a joke. I came in at the very end of a huge game and immediately cast the vote that lost the town the game. It would be fitting, I guess, if one incident gets me killed in
both
games.

I will read this post more thoroughly today (seriously, this time) and see what I make of it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:31 am

Post by Lowell »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
unvote

anyways, i'd still like to hear more from lowell than an apology for his absense.
No, I don't think you will, actually...

It looks like the pressure has subsided a little, but here are my thoughts anyway. I reread all the posts and have my pointin' fingers ready.

FOS Arafax

He hates lurkers. No, no, he
really
hates lurkers. Guys, in case you didn't hear me, ARAFAX HATES LURKERS!

But don't take my word for it, instead see posts 49, 60, 90, 92, 101, 112, 114, 123, or 125. I'm too lazy to copy them all here.

Arafax likes the argument that scum tend to "lurk." I like this idea in principle (namely, that scum don't want to be obvious targets), but not in practice. In my experience, scum aren't likely to be totally invisible in games. Instead, they tend to be the ones who
post regularly but say nothing
. For scum, the appeal of attacking invisible lurkers is obvious: (1) its a popularly accepted reason for attacking people, and (2) they don't tend to fight back, so there's little chance of creating a scene, and (3) it creates plausible deniability and an excuse to back down if and when that person does finally show up.

I appreciate the need to get people to talk, but I don't think that's what Arafax is doing. This seems like a much more deliberate attempt to attack those he thinks are the weakest, rather than the ones who are the most scummy.

(Granted, I could just be taking unnecessary offense to the uncharacteristically shoddy reasoning in post 114 for voting for me, or for the CONFIRM VOTE (post 119) or the CONFIRM CONFIRM VOTE (post 144) :roll: )

FOS elias

This one, I'll admit, I only stumbled upon after rereading Arafax's posts. Several times elias agrees with Arafax with little or no reason (posts 102, 116) or rushes to question his accusers (posts 131, 132). Others (grrr, I wrote the post #s down and lost them), he makes largely neutral statements just so he can be heard. Now that's what
I
call lurking. Really, my only hesistation about him is that the arafax/elias alliance is
too
tight, and a scum team would take care to keep more distance. I'll plead WIFOM on that.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:48 am

Post by Lowell »

Elias_the_thief wrote:you claim i do everything several times but you only site two actual posts for each. please clarify which you mean. anyways. my vote for you in 116 was for the purpose of getting you to talk, which was a reason not stated by arafax. also, where in 131 or 132 do i question my accusers?
Eh, I guess I only listed two for each. Whatever. I felt like I saw others, but I can't find them now. Still enough for me to be suspicious. Methinks you doth protest too much.

As regards 131 and 132, my pronouns were unclear. I meant that you rushed to the defense of Arafax and question HIS accusers. It seemed strange at the time, and still does.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:30 am

Post by Lowell »

Mert, I'm not that impressed with your defense, which I think only makes you more suspicious. But I'm not that impressed with your accusers, either. M'eh, more later. For now,

UNVOTE

FOS: omg

omg, your post makes you look a little overconfident that Mert's guilt will exonerate you. Just so you know, even if he's guilty, it won't.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:29 am

Post by Lowell »

Mert, I agree with Twomz that if you can save us a lynch by claiming, then do it. Count me on the claiming bandwagon (if such a thing exists).
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:26 am

Post by Lowell »

If Twomz truly a "neutral" character, wouldn't he also win with the scum? If he gets "endgamed" by the scum, then what about his role would make him neutral and not town? I just don't get this role.

I'm comfortable with "testing" him, as he says. If we lynch him and he lives, he's telling the truth. He says he can only survive 1 (or 2) lynches. Well, it will only take 1 to test his claim. I doubt an SK would be given the power to withstand lynches (that seems a little too powerful, esp for a mini) so I'd feel okay if he survives it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:17 am

Post by Lowell »

Having the vig NK twomz is a terrible idea, if his claim is accurate. His "neutral" role sounds pretty pro-town to me.

I think the better idea is to lynch him, and to vote on who the vig should kill in the night. If twomz does turn out to be immune from a lynch, then we can pretty safely say he is what he claims to be (it would be a cruel mod that would create a scum or SK immune to lynches).

Plus, we don't lose our power of the vote, we just transfer it over to the vigilante. Twomz, if he's telling the truth, becomes a source of "clean" info.

I guess the worst case scenario is that we don't have a vig, and we've essentially "no lynched" for the day. I don't think that's likely, though, and the information we gain by knowing Twomz is telling the truth makes up for it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:23 am

Post by Lowell »

Oh, right. I said it but didn't actually vote.

vote twomz
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:13 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm the COP.

Except, I also have DOC powers. And I can tell the mafia who to kill, though I'm not one of them. Also I'm in a mason group with several others, only they don't know it. Only I do. And-- AND-- most importantly, I'm a landmine, so lynching me will only leave you-- I mean, US-- with several dead villagers.

As for mafia?
Mafia
?? No, I'm not mafia. I'm just a man blessed with many friends.

*puts on blindfold*

*never liked town anyway, buncha jerks, always picked me last for kickball at recess, elitist punks. Said it was because I was "blind" and "had no legs" but I knew those were just excuses*

*swears off democracy forever*
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:23 am

Post by Lowell »

Twomz, I won't bite. You don't need them anyway. Kill 'em ALL I say.

Twomz = chicken

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”