Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:29 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Chamber: Honestly, you aren't making much sense. Sorry to tell you that. I think there are a lot of other people in this game who will agree with me.

Vote: Chamber
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:34 pm

Post by Scalebane »

and I shoulda unvoted sentinel there. sorry about that.

(
Unvote: Chamber, Unvote: Sentinel99, Vote: Chamber
basically)
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:15 am

Post by Scalebane »

Well, I do not like people who can not type well, but that is something I normally try to keep out of my lynch decisions.

I think his logic is poor, his ability to reason is poor and he seems ready to attack people for things that are in the benefit of the town. That is the reason for my vote.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:15 am

Post by Scalebane »

(just to get my position straight and out there) I think "lurker" hunting (lurker being used in a fairly loose sense there) in the early game is productive, and I haven't agreed with any of Chamber's logic so far. The fact that it happened to be a clash between MeMe and Chamber instead of *me* and chamber is that MeMe happens to be a little more active and vocal (or happened to be, RIP). I just plain don't agree with him. hence the vote.

Chamber's logic, roughly seems to me to be:
MeMe decided to switch votes because she's really scum but she tried to hide her scumminess by claiming it was a common early game tactic to try and get people to at least post by voting them (which it *is*)

Occam would argue:
MeMe switched votes in order to try and get Anix to post, and claimed it was a common early game tactic *because it is a common early game tactic*

Does the former not sound like an attempt at a bandwagon to anyone else?
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:59 am

Post by Scalebane »

I think I agree with MeMe on the vote count (Chamber has 5 votes and is 2 away from lynch).

The arrogance shown by Chamber's posts is what confuses me the most. It has always been a frustration of mine in mafia games when townies refuse to fight against their own lynching. It's so contrary to the spirit of the game. The town doesn't want townies to get lynched. That's in the rules of the game. So it's the job of each and every townie to try and keep from looking suspicious to other townies so that the town doesn't end up lynching them. And it's the same job for the scum, too. To avoid getting lynched. So I just really struggle to figure out why people don't fight. :(

I guess, primarily, It's that I don't understand the IS's of this game. I've had it explained to me that there are two different ways of playing. You can try to always look like scum. Or you can try and always look like a townie. but I still just don't get it.

The thing is, looking at past games that chamber has played (and there aren't many where he's scum) this doesn't look like how he plays a townie. If you go back and look at some of the other minis he's played (mini 288 and 262) where Chamber is a townie, he's not *nearly* this aggressive. Although, there aren't any examples of him getting into such a "clash of ideas" before, so I guess that might swing things a bit on why he seems to be playing pretty differently than in any of the games I went back and read. Regardless, I think chamber is a decent day 1 lynch considering what we have to go on. (past history, a few days of posts)
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:56 am

Post by Scalebane »

What the hell do you want on day one, Anix? Mass roleclaim? Mafia to come forward?
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:06 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Chamber:

I know MeMe has pointed something out that was similar to this before, but I just gotta put some more emphasis on this. Up to this point, you have stated that the following players have a "good chance" of being scum:

MeMe
Colonel Kurtz
Save the Dragons
Der Hammer
Scalebane (Me)

Congratulations! You've just accused about half the other people in the game! :roll: This information will be of great help to the town once you're dead!

Another note:
chamber wrote:I have no intention of claiming to this wagon. I havn't done anything wrong in my opinion. Its a clash of beliefs nothing else.
chamber wrote:BTW once again,I wont be forced to claim.
chamber wrote:I have no intention of claiming. I've said this like 4 times now, fucking read.
If the reason you won't claim is because you think you haven't done anything wrong, you need to relearn how to play mafia.
PLAY TO WIN.
The point isn't about proving the fact that you're right. The point is to try and prove to us that you're on the town's side so that we don't lynch you and in doing so hurt the town. Your posts sure aren't doing anything to provide that proof. If you're a townie, perhaps you should start playing like you're actually on the town's side.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:47 am

Post by Scalebane »

Sentinel: I'm not trying to squabble, but what you just posted is just plain factually wrong.
sentinel99 wrote:Scumminess isn't definite. What some call scummy others barely notice. It really helps to play or read several games in which others are involved to get a good read on them. Especially if its an old game, and you can tell definately the player's alignment. It helps you to pick up on their individual habits.
me wrote:The thing is, looking at past games that chamber has played (and there aren't many where he's scum) this doesn't look like how he plays a townie. If you go back and look at some of the other minis he's played (mini 288 and 262) where Chamber is a townie, he's not *nearly* this aggressive. Although, there aren't any examples of him getting into such a "clash of ideas" before, so I guess that might swing things a bit on why he seems to be playing pretty differently than in any of the games I went back and read.
You've really contributed relatively little thus far into the game.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:43 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Chess is replacing Brizzy Boi (I say this because I was about to ask, then got unstupid and checked the first post)

Anyways, from reading back over the game, the only person who really seemed to have it out for Kurtz was Chamber.

Sotty7, however, was somewhat interested in Kurtz so IGMEOY.

The only other person who even mentioned him in any posts was MeMe. I'm not quite sure what other information can be gained from trying to figure out motivations for killing Kurtz, as he just wasn't a high profile player.

It does interest me to note that Nonny's post mentions that it looks like Gretchen was killed by someone that she knew. From the movie, this would seem to narrow the possible murderers to Donnie Darko, Mrs. Pomeroy (the teacher played by Drew Barrymore) and the school bully (don't remember his name, she "knew" him but really didn't like him). Very unlikely but also possible, IMO, is her dad. I'd frankly be floored if he's in this game, and he'd very likely be an SK. On that note, I'd be suspicious of anyone claiming any of the first 3 described roles and extremely doubtful of the intelligence of anyone claiming to be Gretchen's dad. My personal suspicion is that it was probably the school bully (revenge for her rejecting him, etc.), but none of the first 3 roles would surprise me. Perhaps the bully and his gang are the mafia? Dunno.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:11 am

Post by Scalebane »

Gretchen Ross, however, had moved into town quite recently in the witness protection program. I might be reading too much into Nonny's post, though.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:47 pm

Post by Scalebane »

I don't think anyone knew that I know CK in real life, because nobody knows that CK is UntrodTripod, or that I knew CK/UT in real life. Except for people who play BSW. Except, now, everybody reading this thread. :waves to UT/CK:. (if you're mad at me, keep it to real life please.)

The reason I made my post earlier is because I was simply trying to recap who had, in any way, interacted with Kurtz in Day 1. I know I didn't try and follow leads on the chamber lynch. That was because I was trying to recap who had interacted with kurtz. I know that there is plenty of information to be gained from rereading day 1. But there is also information to be gained from analyzing night kills, and that's what I was trying to do when reviewing the stuff with kurtz.

Why would I have brought up the fact that STD (and then seconded by me) led the lynch on chamber when trying to figure out who would've wanted to off Kurtz? How would that have made any sense?

Sotty7: I'm watching you simply because you were one of the few people who even mentioned Kurtz. Honestly, I simply did a thread search for whose posts his name even showed up in, and it was quite a short list. And the answer to your question is obvious: You might have killed CK even though you implied that he was scum and you were the only person to vote him because those facts provide the perfect cover for your own actions by providing you with the ability to claim that it would be really stupid for you to kill him in the light of the fact that you implied that you thought he was scum and that you were the only person to vote him. So your argument doesn't really help you all that much. I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm simply saying that I'm watching you because you were one of ... 3 or so people who even mentioned him and he turned up dead today. That's enough reason to note and pay closer attention to you in my mind. And I think MeMe's mention was simply in a list, which is why I said that IGMEOY and not on her. Even though, I suppose, I do have two eyes.

I'll try to reply to what Chess has said about Day 1 and my involvement in it.
chamber wrote:I said it wasnt that she was doing something unproductive, but that she was usign it as an excuse to vote, I found that scummy.

4 Its no that you were doing something that was unproductive, but that you covered your vote with a bs reason.
Scalebane wrote:Chamber's logic, roughly seems to me to be:
MeMe decided to switch votes because she's really scum but she tried to hide her scumminess by claiming it was a common early game tactic to try and get people to at least post by voting them (which it *is*)
As far as I can tell, your issue is with my placing MeMe's words in Chamber's mouth. Well, there it is, straight from Chamber's own posts. It's that MeMe and I both interpreted Chamber's posts the same way and it's *you* who (with the knowledge of Chamber's innocence) wants to read his play as perfect and pro-town and simply look for people twisting his words. Chamber says pretty much exactly what I said he did: MeMe voted Anix because she's scum and used a "bs reason" to cover her vote. It's right there in the stuff I quoted.

I'm not going to argue that Chamber wasn't actually innocent when he posted the stuff that he did yesterday because that's obviously false. However, I am going to simply point out that if you try and analyze day 1 by thinking of chamber as innocent and gauging everyone's reactions based on that, you're going to end up with information, but of a very distorted sort, because Chamber simply didn't act like town (or like he acts when town in other games that he's played.) He refused to claim, even when it was explained to him why he should claim in very clear terms. Instead of trying to keep himself from getting lynched, he simply became resigned to his own demise (which is a huge mistake if you're town.) He also didn't seem to want to actually think. He simply kept on OMGUS'ing anyone who even looked at him funny. And it's the distortion that comes from viewing his behavior as pure innocence day 1 that leads to some of the slightly weird stuff you said in your huge post.

And if you want to know why I think chamber acted the way he did day 1, it's because of his ... youth (I'm guessing). It shows up in his typing and very clearly it showed up in the stupid grudge that got him lynched that he held against MeMe. It started when she argued with him over mafia theory, doing so from the position of someone who has played a lot more mafia and he seemed to just end up frustrated by her outright rejection of his assertion that voting people who have posted is unproductive.

Just so you don't get confused, Chess, this is simply an analysis and response to what has been posted so far today, also touching on necessary topics regarding chamber's play in day 1. I'm not trying to ignore the issue of trying to reread day 1 for leads as I think that's the only place available at the moment from which to figure out today's lynch. Just because I don't touch on them in this post, I'm not ignoring those issues or deliberately running from them or anything. I'll address them after some more reading. But I don' t think this post needs two or three more paragraphs on the subject of day 1.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:58 am

Post by Scalebane »

Chess: Quit putting words in my mouth. For gods sake.
Chess wrote:Those two people are accusing me of accusing all 7.
No idea where you're getting that from.

Also:
Chess wrote:I am suggesting that Scale was framing the people he posted about early in d2
You're accusing me of framing sotty because I said that he was the only person who mentioned Kurtz on day 1? What do you think IGMEOY means? That I think we should lynch him? Also, people implies plural. I've explained why I mentioned both Sotty and MeMe in quite clear terms. If you're going to keep accusing me of being mafia while only replying to STD's posts, please understand that I will have a hard time taking anything you say seriously.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:22 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Whoah, whoah. Wait, you're claiming vig? why did you kill CK? How is deciding to vig a random person night 1 a pro-town action? Or perhaps you're SK claiming Vig? or *mafia* claiming vig? What's your role?

The reason why I focused on a single person was simply because there was only one person who mentioned CK in any kind of context. There was MeMe (who mentioned him in a list) and Sotty who was aggressive towards CK. That's it. Before you came out and claimed ... whatever you claimed ... I thought that CK was a strange target for a nightkilling, especially as he was pretending to be a newbie. If he was targeted by the mafia, it had to either be because they chose to kill someone somewhat at random or because they were trying to frame sotty. No, I don't honestly think sotty is
much
more suspicious than anybody else. But I thought (in that post) that the fact that he and meme were the only people to even mention CK's name Day 1 was significant. And by watching what sotty said in his posts and how different people interacted with him, I could gain some insight into this game.

But, your post honestly leaves me with no choice but to
Vote: EmpTyger
. It's not OMGUS. It's that you just made yourself extremely suspicious.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:44 am

Post by Scalebane »

Chess, CK was a roleblocker. I find it a bit doubtful that we would have more than one in this game. If he did find a mafia, we won't know until the game is over.

And Hombre made some good points about the lack of actual information revealed by CK's death and Emp's "claim".
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:36 am

Post by Scalebane »

Ixnay: don't change your avatar in the middle of games. It messes up my rereads! :x
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:30 am

Post by Scalebane »

Wow, could you please fecking give the name of your role? You keep dodging it. And you *still* haven't given reasons for your having taken out CK. It's you who is avoiding the issues here, EmpTyger.

And, I realized why I didn't think you mentioned CK. I'd just done a search of the thread to see who had mentioned "Colonel Kurtz". And that is my mistake.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:53 am

Post by Scalebane »

Sorry for the double post, but I just need to respond to EmpTyger in more detail. The post above this one was just off-the-cuff and a first reaction to his post. I feel I need to go into more detail with regards to the things he's said.
EmpTyger wrote:I had 3 reasons for targeting CK. I choose not to spell them out explicitly at this time, although I will clarify that my decision was most definitely not random.
Yes, well, considering that people have been asking for these reasons so that maybe they'll have a reason not to vote you, it might be nice if you quit going "Yes, I do look like an SK, yeah, yeah, but c'mon guys! look at scalebane! look at scalebane! not me!" and start defending yourself.
EmpTyger wrote:I did mention CK day 1, a fact you like to keep ignoring.
Explained in the post above. My mistake.
EmpTyger wrote:You knew CK irl, which combined with your being on the lynch of the D1 innocent might make you a more likely choice for him to have targeted.
See, I have a really hard time not being offended by this because you just implied that CK and I were cheating, or at least that he would have a good enough idea of my role because he knew me in real life. Do you not see where he completely fails to say anything about me being suspicious D1? That's because he didn't think I was! You're also basing your logic on the assumptions you want to reach. You just said: "Scalebane is scum. CK could read that very easily and blocked him, which implies that Scalebane is scum." which is just bad logic. *And* CK was on the chamber lynch for most of D1.
EmpTyger wrote:Your reaction in [139] seems like desperate attempts to spin.
Or, an attempt to point out to everyone the obvious fact that you just constructed a GIANT NEON ARROW above your head that says on it "I LOOK LIKE AN SK (or ballsy mafia)" (although I'm leaning towards the former).
EmpTyger wrote:I revealed what I did because I thought that it would be help the town.
I did not reveal what I did not reveal because I think that it would be hurt the town.
It's the last sentence of this that's been nagging at me (bolding mine). I don't see how anyone could read that and not get suspicious. You're claiming that you know what's best for the town, and more information is not it. Well, perhaps revealing more information would be bad for *your* side. But I highly doubt that it could hurt the town.

Regardless, I think it's funny how much you've convinced yourself that I'm mafia, considering how far from it I am. And the fact of what my role is. And perhaps it's because I'm so sure of the fact that my roleclaim will play heavily in my defense, that I'm *so* interested in seeing what your "roleclaim that would hurt the town" could possible be. Eh, jim cunningham? or perhaps, the bully? (random spec. on my part, I know)

And as I've said in previous posts, excuse me for trying to use information from the nightkill in figuring out who could be anti-town. Excuse me for trying to use all the information available to us in scum-hunting. Gosh, Chess, you are *so* scummy in being the first person to analyze D1 and for doing it so obsessively. Am I the only one who is getting really suspicious of EmpTyger due to his bad logic, falsehoods and misinterpretations of my posts that he is attempting to force focus onto now that he has realized just how bad he looks?
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:34 am

Post by Scalebane »

Because I did Colonely Kurtz, but not in quotes. Hence Colonel was a hit, but CK wasn't.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:38 am

Post by Scalebane »

Honestly, dunno. : ( I feel a bit silly after going on about it for so long and overlooking obvious things. Like, apparently, ixnay. and abbreviations. : /
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:05 am

Post by Scalebane »

The funniest thing, EmpTyger, is that you keep implying that just because you came forward that it makes you innocent.
EmpTyger wrote: believe I don’t need to give my reasons regarding CK to convince people I’m not a SK. And considering the only evidence you have against me is the very information that I gave unpromptedly and freely, I’m in no rush to defend myself.
I'm sorry, EmpTyger, but it really doesn't work that way. Just because you came forward doesn't make you innocent. Let's assume that you're an SK, I'm a townie and there are three mafia. We lynch me, two night kills tonight. That leaves the town in a Lynch-or-lose tomorrow, no? and if the town bothers to stop and lynch you even though you've offed two townies just for kicks, then they lose. So if you're an SK, then you've ensured your survival for at least today and tomorrow. (Yes, this does assume you don't hit mafia, which the odds favor) So how about you provide some more evidence about why we should believe you beyond the poor analysis of me you've already done?
EmpTyger wrote:Claiming my name would most likely give as much information to the mafia as it would to the town.

No! Get out! You mean that the mafia would also be able to read your post! Oh, you are too much!
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:04 pm

Post by Scalebane »

I have little to add at this point. However, I am closely following the game. I'll post something tonight or tomorrow.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:52 am

Post by Scalebane »

No, I'm not kidding. Want a name claim? I've already stated why I think EmpTyger should nameclaim and that he's suspicious. He's currently the most suspicious person in the thread to me. Anix's behavior doesn't really bother me, as it seems that he is actively reading the thread but wants to stay out of the slightly stupid arguments that can arise (Chess vs. STD for example). I'm happy with where my vote is and feel little need to defend myself further although I will (of course) do so if pressed.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:33 am

Post by Scalebane »

I'm willing to give up a name claim because I think that it, if it's needed, will help my argument for my own innocence. I'm not trying to lurk in plain sight at all, I simply have stopped finding things in people's posts to which I can respond. When the case against me is "Scalebane looks suspicious because he does" then continuing to post long posts except when directly responding to things people say (such as that I'm lurking in plain sight) is give people more material to twist around and make say whatever it is they're trying to make it say to try and "prove" that I'm guilty when that's not at all what my post says.

I will, however,
Unvote
and agree that we need to begin discussing potential lynch and a vigging target for tonight. I guess as long as EmpTyger goes along with the town, then SK or not, if he follows our vig target choices then he's an assest rather than a risk. That is, however, only true if we can choose vig targets wisely (elsewise we just accelerate our own demise) and if the mafia doesn't have some kind of role that would give them an advantage to knowing about EmpTyger's target for tonight. I'm comfortable with assuming those two things.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:43 am

Post by Scalebane »

I get the impression from Sotty that she thought I was the most suspicious out of the set [Scalebane, STD] which was what Chess brought up at the beginning of today. If sotty thought I was the most suspicious out of everyone in the game, I'm not really sure.

Potential Vig targets for tonight (IMO):
STD, Chess, Anix, me (in roughly that order)

Sentinel would be on the list but he seems to have simply completely dissapeared and I'm just hoping we can get a more active replacement.

EmpTyger would be on the list but ...

I know that's roughly half the town. I also am most certainly *not* going to make any sort of argument about why you should vig me. I'm not stupid.

STD: Helped lead the lynch on chamber, see some of Chess's posts.

Chess: Is currently trying to draw attention towards Olio, with the argument that Olio is trying to argue for the fact that I'm innocent when clearly chess thinks I am scum and Olio's actions therefore seem scummy. I, however, have a bit more information than that about myself, kthx.

Anix: Basically, what MeMe has said along with the fact that he's continued to "play" the game while contributing very little. Continued excuse making along with the fact that he seems convinced that the best way for him to play the game is to not play it. If you can't post, get a replacement.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:08 am

Post by Scalebane »

Olio: You just said that it implied that I'm not a townie because I defended myself vigorously (and still continue to defend my self vigorously) whenever anyone looks my way, but I'm not helping with the scum hunting very much. On a note towards that last bit, read the rest of this post. But I'd be interested to see what you thought a townie would do when they're attacked quite vigorously. Not defend themselves? Maybe the fact of the matter is that I'm simply a bit gunshy now. That I think that if I come out and say exactly what I think, it will all get twisted around and I'll just have to defend myself all over again.

But, I hate people who play defensively, so here's my opinions on what's going on:
I'm getting Townie vs. Townie vibe from pretty much all of the arguments that are going on, which leads me to think that the mafia are the people who aren't really posting much. I'm pretty sure that both Chess and Olio are townie, even if neither one seems to think the other one is innocent. I'm pretty sure at this point that EmpTyger is either a Vig or an SK, but either way, I'm convinced that he's not mafia. I think sotty is town, but I'm not quite sure why I think that. Here's my list of people that I'm currently trying to figure out what I think about:

MeMe - She's posted a good bit, but hasn't gotten that much involved with any of the current discussion. She's spent pretty much the whole game lurking hunting, or getting looked at because all she's doing is lurker hunting. She's done a very good job of not tipping her hand ever, but she is a quite experienced player.

Sentinel - I'm not going to say he's scum because he's not posted, but once again he's someone I'd like to hear more from because he's been so quiet (and therefore, hard to read.)

Anix - I'm becoming increasingly suspicious of his playstyle. Note how in his last post he tried to turn attention back to EmpTyger and whether or not he's the vig, even though it's moot at this point. We just need to come up with who we think Emp should vig. If he does it, then we keep him around until he could be a liability. If he doesn't do it, then we lynch him. Simple as that, really.

STD - Something about his posts just keeps on throwing off these slightly scummy vibes to me. I'm going to go back through his posts and try and figure out what makes me suspicious, but generally I've been keeping a close eye on him.

And that's my list right now. And I'm in no way claiming that I'm perfect or that I myself haven't been posting less than I should've. This is simply my list.

and,
Unvote
Just because I'm not even sure who my vote is on at the moment.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:43 pm

Post by Scalebane »

empTyger wrote:Scalebane:
Scalebane [244] wrote:
<snip>I think sotty is town, but I'm not quite sure why I think that.<snip>

If you do figure it out, I’d be interested in hearing why.

Also,
Scalebane "[219] wrote:
I get the impression from Sotty that she thought I was the most suspicious out of the set [Scalebane, STD] which was what Chess brought up at the beginning of today. If sotty thought I was the most suspicious out of everyone in the game, I'm not really sure.<snip>

Sotty7 [213] wrote:
<snip>Scalebane is still number one on my list, but my evidence isn't really compelling.<snip>
Clearly I was overlooking the post from sotty at that point and I'm glad you pointed it out to me. I still can't for the life of me quite figure out where the *logic* for Chess's STD/Me thing comes from especially as it seems to still be based on his post earlier today where he basically said that we're scum because of how behaved in the chamber lynch. And that's already been hashed over pretty thoroughly.

I really want to give some snide remark about how I'll reply to EmpTyger's questions when he responds to half the town's, but the issue is that I can't honestly bring myself to think that lynching EmpTyger is the best move for today so I have little reason to try and argue for it.

That said, I've been kind of losing the thread of the game (metaphorically) and going back through the game , I'm beginning to suspect Chess. If you go back through and look at how he's handling the argument with Olio, she has quite a few valid points that he, in my opinion, falls short of really addressing. I'm going to read back through again and construct more against chess if my suspicions and what Olio's arguments point towards pans out.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:08 pm

Post by Scalebane »

I'm not really floating off, is the thing. I'm right here. I would, however, like to be able to post when I have something that I feel that I could actually contribute instead of simply going "hay guys, I'm reading - will post later". I've been following this game religiously but am having real trouble making a whole lot of headway in any detailed analysis of any recent play. This game is filled with relatively experienced people who love verbose posts (MeMe excepted, obv. I don't think any of hers have gone over 10 lines.) and I'm not whining, but I do almost agree with what someone in this thread said earlier. What this game really needs is clifnotes.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:08 pm

Post by Scalebane »

I'm not really floating off, is the thing. I'm right here. I would, however, like to be able to post when I have something that I feel that I could actually contribute instead of simply going "hay guys, I'm reading - will post later". I've been following this game religiously but am having real trouble making a whole lot of headway in any detailed analysis of any recent play. This game is filled with relatively experienced people who love verbose posts (MeMe excepted, obv. I don't think any of hers have gone over 10 lines.) and I'm not whining, but I do almost agree with what someone in this thread said earlier. What this game really needs is clifnotes.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #29) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:30 pm

Post by Scalebane »

and asking to be replaced is also a perfectly good course of action. Which takes all of 5 minutes followed by dropping off the face of the earth.

And I think part of what STD is accusing MeMe of (although, honestly, I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. I'm simply stating my interpretation of what you've said) being an experienced player who is/has been extremely hard to read. And I have to admit, that's a pretty darn good accusation considering the fact that she is exactly what he's accusing her of being. And because of that fact, he's trying to ask her direct questions so that he can get a better idea of her role/alignment in this game.

The big issue for me is simply the fact that I'm *still* frustrated by EmpTyger, but I know in large part that is just me being all OMGUS.

And at this moment I'm going to have to say that after doing *another* re-read, I'm going to have to
Unvote?, Vote: Anix
. I'm simply having a hard time reading the game and coming to any conclusion except that he isn't exactly pro-town. He has contributed almost exactly nothing this entire game except simply agreeing with other people's suspicions. Which, I know, can be argued that he's simply suspicious of all the currently "controversial" people because they are suspicious, but it's somewhat less excusable when he has contributed virtually nothing this entire game. Has he even voted yet? ever? no, no he hasn't. I thought pro-town players were supposed to be trying to ... I dunno ... actually help the town in figuring out who the mafia is so that the town can lynch them? instead of simply sitting around claiming to have some trick up your sleeve so that the town doesn't lynch you and you and your scum buddies can win?
anix wrote:If I was voting right now, I would vote...
Ixnay-I am assuming, of course, Ixnay knew of the fact that using the "inactives" as a easy target would result in the town being in dire straights tommorow. As my earlier post showed, the town would be in rather large trouble when I (and, assumed in this situation Sentinel) turned up town and Day 3 began. If Ixnay was in a position to know both our alignments (say, if he was some sort of non-town character), such a "lynch or lose" situation would greatly benefit him.
Wow, did nobody else read that? First off, he points out the fact that he refuses to vote in this game, ever. Then, he proceeds to attack someone simply because they attacked his "strategy" (that strategy being letting the scum win). And you aren't simply inactive as sentinel is (which leads to replacement, most of the time.) No, in fact, you are *actively* being inactive. And your logic throughout the whole paragraph is specious. Yes, of course, if you assume that you're innocent then it all makes perfect sense. But why should any of the rest of us assume that you're town? You've done absolutely nothing to help us.

Die scum die.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:00 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Anix: Show me where you've voted and I'll point out how you're not scum. Oh wait.

My comment about you "pointing out that you've never voted" was simply regarding your "if I was voting, I would vote" comment. It drew attention to the very absence of any votes in the game so far. I, in fact, would not have really noted it if you hadn't made that really weird comment with regards to Ixnay. Why not just vote him already?

And, of course I'm going to attack Anix. You think I found sentinel scummy on a reread? Hah. Just because sentinel has decided to join another game doesn't mean that sentinel is intentionally lurking (in my book.) I have been in plenty of games before where the 13 page reread made me completely adverse to posting in it.

And, I'm trying to clarify STD's remarks because I happen (as I said in [317]) to completely agree with them. I find MeMe rediculously hard to read and also a relatively big threat simply because she's an experienced player.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:25 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Sotty:
scalebane wrote:Anix: Show me where you've voted and I'll point out how you're not scum. Oh wait.

My comment about you "pointing out that you've never voted" was simply regarding your "if I was voting, I would vote" comment. It drew attention to the very absence of any votes in the game so far. I, in fact, would not have really noted it if you hadn't made that really weird comment with regards to Ixnay. Why not just vote him already?
Me explaining what you just asked me to explain. And am I the only one who thinks it weird that anix hasn't voted by page 14 of this game?
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #32) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:37 pm

Post by Scalebane »

wait wait wait. Did you fail to see:
scalebane wrote:Unvote?, Vote: Anix
'cause I am voting right now. Sorry I didn't realize that and point it out to the mod earlier. But I definately am voting, and I definately am currently voting Anix.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #33) » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:20 am

Post by Scalebane »

anix wrote:So, Scalebane: I have answered your challenge to vote. Now, perhaps you can answer my challenge: Why do you feel not voting is scummy? Just because you find it "different" from how most players play the game? Does different automatically lead to scum? Is that your sole reasoning? Or do you have a different explanation you would like to explain to the class?
The reason why I found your voting tactic suspicious is because your lack of votes made the game much easier for you to play without drawing attention to yourself. When you didn't actually have to explain whatever you were thinking and you didn't even have to make any kind of case against whoever you said you found suspicious and you wouldn't even stick your neck out so far as to vote them, I found that suspicious. Basically, anyone (in my opinion) who is actively involved in trying to figure out who the scum are should probably be voting. Your lack of votes was in large part a symptom of your wishy-washy lurker playstyle.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:33 pm

Post by Scalebane »

STD: Could you provide some reasoning behind your sentinel vote? I'd kinda like to get some insight on your play.

I ... am on the fence about Chess's claim. It's a good claim (as long as no one counterclaims of course) but the issue is that we have no real idea who from the movie is going to be "scum" in this game. No, I can't see any real reason for Elizabeth to be scum. But then again, the only role I can see being argued as an auto-lynch is Jim Cunningham.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #35) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:43 pm

Post by Scalebane »

I ... don't really agree with Chess on this one. Not Posting != stalling for the deadline != scumminess.

If you ask me, I think the people who wound up on the sentinel bandwagon are who we should be examining tomorrow. It basically came down to "well, yeah, he really is actively participating now, but still, he used to be lurking! look!" which is just ... ugh ... to me. I just don't get it.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #36) » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:59 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Don't take what I said out of context. I intended it to reflect chess's implication that not having posted in the last 48 hours was a scumtell. I apologize if it came across as more general than that.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #37) » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:45 am

Post by Scalebane »

Chess:

I don't get the part where you don't wanna lynch anix.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #38) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:16 am

Post by Scalebane »

I'm also kind of wondering what "strange" information came from tracking me last night as I don't really think that I "target" anyone really. If you got the result that I did something interesting to/with/involving empTyger, then that makes a good bit of sense to me. And I think it'll all become clear when I claim (which will probably happen before too long)
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #39) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:03 pm

Post by Scalebane »

I am Frank the Bunny.

I could talk to Donnie Darko at night through the mod. I did not know who he was and he didn't know who I was (in terms of in-game name). I was not allowed to reveal my name to him. It was hinted that if a certain set of conditions were met (although it was not revealed to me what those conditions were), I would be allowed to "take off my mask" and reveal who I was to donnie.

I can only figure that I was "tracked" to be involved with EmpTyger (At least I'm guessing that's what STD got. If not, I dunno what's goin' on) because I went and talked to him last night.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (isolation #40) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:18 am

Post by Scalebane »

See, this is what's funny. Because I now don't believe STD. Let's assume that I am scum. That would mean that there is one other scum alive (besides me), no? then why would I have
Save the Dragons wrote:talked with a bunch of other people
How does that make any sense?
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #41) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:43 am

Post by Scalebane »

I'm sorry if I don't really have time for much besides quick rebuttals until tonight chess, but I've got classes today.

And I have to confess, I said absolutely nothing to MeMe during the night at any point in the game. Learn2read.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #42) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:40 pm

Post by Scalebane »

I am just now getting a chance to come on and post. I apologize that I didn't consider giving a "summary" of what was said between emptyger and myself over the previous nights.

Most of the nights there wasn't a whole lot of communication. I attempted to figure out a way for him to signal his identity to me but because we were talking through the mod, she wouldn't let us set up that kind of thing. I asked him who he was (in terms of player name) as there did not seem to be any restrictions on him revealing that info to me. He seemed suspicious and didn't really want to reveal that much. He also resisted revealing abilities to me which makes sense considering that coming out as vig would have made it easy for me to add 2 and 2 together. All in all, there wasn't a whole lot said.

And I'm not too sure what the odds of cherita being in the game are. I'd say ... roughly 75% or so? It'd be a risky claim for a mafia but one of the few roles I think a mafia might even consider safe.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #43) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:23 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Well, I have to say that Anix and I sucked it up pretty hard as mafia there. I really should've had a better claim, but I was simply hoping on the fact that the tracker would've somehow associated me with the kill as you guys quickly figured out.

Oh, and Anix. By the way, any game I'm ever in with you where you cite the 11th hour bullshit again, I'm going to link to this thread and laugh at you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”