mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:43 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 592, VisceraEyes wrote:
In post 590, Salamence20 wrote:And why not?

I don't know maybe I should have shot you huh? Maybe I should have listened to my gut and shot the piss out of you, right?

Scumslip. Good job.

Might as well come clean with this. Well, I'm not very good at calling out potential Cops and Doctors, but this whole game, I've been getting a Cop-or-Doctor read off of Salamence20. That's why I started to back off, at the end of yesterday, being reluctant to lynch a Town PR read, which I very seldom get.

On this note, maybe VE saw this, too (that or they have a Mafia RoleCop), and thought to nightkill Salamence20 (since VE claimed he should of followed his gut, I'm assuming his Town PR read on Salamence20 was gut), but thought nhammen was a bigger thread, at the moment. Especially given his Town PR read could be wrong, as it was only gut.

Nice try, VE. ;)

UNVOTE:
VOTE: VE

His lynch is actually better. From this analysis, it seems he would be the one taking charge of his team, at this point, and given Arugula is lurking, if lynching VE makes him come out a little bit, then it's almost an obvious giveaway scumteam.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:47 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Mcqueen
- I'm still waiting on this ... hop to it.

In post 559, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

McQueen wrote: Your flip actually will help me get a better placement of where Salamence20 stands in this game, as does PM. I'd rather lynch PM, and have you vigged.

Awful lot of IIoA talk here. Analysis on what PM’s Town alignment told you stat.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Salamence20 »

But VE can't be scum?

Unless someone wants to claim killing IaI?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:50 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 598, VisceraEyes wrote:Except it's not is it MoI? I didn't die last night, and apparently I didn't shoot anyone.

RoleCop + Roleblocker. Lucky investiagtions on previous nights, would let you know who to roleblock last night. Or just rolecopping, searching for PRs and vigs, and you came up successful on Night 1.

But, heh. We -- the Town -- have been lucky early on, and came up with a lot of contraversy of a vig, so with all the lucky flips, it's not possible the cards flipped right for scum, too, huh? I guess not.

The only other alternative is if you are 2-Shot, in which case decided to save your last shot. But it sure as heck does not seem to be the case.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:52 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 601, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Mcqueen
- I'm still waiting on this ... hop to it.

In post 559, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

McQueen wrote: Your flip actually will help me get a better placement of where Salamence20 stands in this game, as does PM. I'd rather lynch PM, and have you vigged.

Awful lot of IIoA talk here. Analysis on what PM’s Town alignment told you stat.

If you read a bit better, you'd see what it told me. Just because I don't directly say it, doesn't mean I haven't said it indirectly.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:56 am

In post 604, mcqueen wrote:If you read a bit better, you'd see what it told me. Just because I don't directly say it, doesn't mean I haven't said it indirectly.

No. Just no. You spent a good portion of the day yesterday talking about information to be mined from the PM lynch. Now it's put up time. I EXPLICITLY want to see what reads you got from his flip and interactions. Pronto.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:01 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 585, MagnaofIllusion wrote:1. Why did you investigate those players specifically? And have any breadcrumbs for us?

As Cop, I always like to choose the people that lay low under the radar or don't look like lynches or night kills in the coming days. I want targets that scum are hoping to take to end game so it turns the tables on them. More active players tend to work themselves out naturally. I did in fact bread crumb that I scanned Velazanth during Day 2. In fact, I thought I did it too obviously because I drew the attention of at least 2 other people (rofl and mcstab) when they asked me why I trusted Velazanth so much when he had such a limited amount of posts, which had me fearing that I might get the block or kill the next night... so I started outright acting scummy day 2, going against the grain and just being stupid, to hopefully throw off the scent (I was planning to lay under the radar).

Breadcrumb post here:
In post 145, Toogeloo wrote:I originally suspected the possibility of a SK VE, which is why asked for his thought process in choosing IaI. But his play today has pushed that thought from my mind. He is too prominent and with a dead Tracker, I don't see a motivation to bring attention to himself as third party. I'd say VE is more likely town than third party.

Adding to my town reads, Velazanth is at the top.
I also like nhammen, McStab, and mcqueen (in most like to a little less sure).

2. Why did you claim for absolutely no reason other than your personal ego being bruised?

I calculated the odds of us winning after revealing TWO living players with True Innocent scans on them (Godfather is already dead). If we take out Empking, that is one less (or the only) Roleblock to contend with during the night. Between VisceraEyes, mcqueen, Toon, Velazanth, and myself, all cleared (
largely
assuming you take my word for being Cop, VE's word for being Vig, and mcqueens play speaking for itself Day 1), scum has to get rid of a lot of town to get a shot at any kind of winnable MyLo/LyLo. If VE can kill every night, it will quickly narrow down their chances. I actually weighed claiming today with trying to ride one more day out, but Toon, Vel, and myself all seemed to be the most focused players right off the bat, and I would rather claim now and make sure the other two don't ever have to claim, then possibly have all of us claimed at some point.

3. Why are McStab (via Pine) and inte (via Tangion) not possible scum simply because Day 1 went fast?

Well, first off, I never said they weren't scum, I simply said that their slots shouldn't be condemned for being off the wagon simply because they were. Pine never even confirmed and the slot never posted once on Day 1. Tangion I think had one post, then dropped off the face of the planet for a week before replacing (reviewing his posts in other topics on the site, he claimed he was unable to log into mafiascum for a while). Pine-slot had nothing to do with being on or off the Presc wagon, and it can only be a null-tell at worst. However, McStab's first post upon entering the game read to me from a townie perspective. Tangion was gone a long while, and between the two has the larger possibility of being scum, but for now, inte's play has been constructive enough that I would warrant leaving it alone.

Considering I have cleared half of the non-wagoners and don't feel like it's prudent play to pursue McStab or inte, I feel certain that at least one other scum was on the Presc wagon at the end of Day 1.

We are not lynching VE today. I want his extra kill going forward, and we can condemn him later if his shots are ever out of line. With almost half the town being a threat to end game for scum, we can narrow down the player list relatively quickly.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:08 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 605, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 604, mcqueen wrote:If you read a bit better, you'd see what it told me. Just because I don't directly say it, doesn't mean I haven't said it indirectly.

No. Just no. You spent a good portion of the day yesterday talking about information to be mined from the PM lynch. Now it's put up time. I EXPLICITLY want to see what reads you got from his flip and interactions. Pronto.

No.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:11 am

In post 607, mcqueen wrote:No.

VOTE: McQueen

mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:11 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 608, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 607, mcqueen wrote:No.

VOTE: McQueen

Go ahead.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:17 am

Post by Salamence20 »

I retract my list of who I want to lynch today.

MoI is scum. Arugula is his buddy. VE is SK.

GG.

It explains why MoI has been scrutinizing Arugula all of day 2. MoI's vote on McQueen just broke every single rule he has set (not voting on the prescending wagon, etc.)
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:19 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 610, Salamence20 wrote:I retract my list of who I want to lynch today.

GG.

It explains why MoI has been scrutinizing Arugula all of day 2. MoI's vote on McQueen just broke every single rule he has set (not voting on the prescending wagon, etc.)

Fine with that. Was starting to get the same idea.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Arugula

VE, you're lucky. Fucking Serial Killer.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:46 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Town:
Salamence20
McQueen
TF
Toogeloo
Velz
Empking

Null:
ROFL
McStab
inte

Scum/Not Town:
MoI
Arugula
VE
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:58 am

Post by Empking »

Tooge, it's a silly thing to mix up actual confirmed town with someone who's play was town.

Since Tooge's picks were supernaturally good, I think the most likely to be scum are those trying to float under the radar until the dust settles.

unvote
Vote: Arugala
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:31 am

Post by Arugula »

In post 584, mcqueen wrote:
In post 526, PMysterious wrote:Well, if you do lynch me, I hope for the best of the town. Don't let the remaining Mafia mess you over with Over-Confidence.

What?
And I was on V/LA. I wasn't lurking.
In post 584, mcqueen wrote:
In post 526, PMysterious wrote:Well, if you do lynch me, I hope for the best of the town. Don't let the remaining Mafia mess you over with Over-Confidence.

What?
And I was on V/LA. I wasn't lurking.
Salamence20 wrote:I retract my list of who I want to lynch today.

GG.

So why are you voting for me?

VOTE: Empking

I don't believe his claim, and as rofl said, it doesn't make sense to jail rofl. Now he's just hopping on the bandwagon that isn't on him.

@MoI
Why do the night actions make Empking town?
Town Record: 8-5
Scum Record: 3-2
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:41 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Arugula wrote:Why are you voting me

My current scumreads on you and MoI are in no particular order, but you should of died yesterday.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:55 am

Post by Empking »

It makes perfect sense to jail ROFL.

If scum are paranoid/risk averse then they are more likely to have ROFL send in the kill than would be strictly optimum. Ergo it's better for me to target ROFL. This is even more the case when you bare in mind the fact that only three scum isn't something we can completely rule out, especially pre-Tooge's claim.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:11 am

@Toog in regards to I’d like to further expand on an element of your response …

Toog wrote:In fact, I thought I did it too obviously because I drew the attention of at least 2 other people (rofl and mcstab) when they asked me why I trusted Velazanth so much when he had such a limited amount of posts, which had me fearing that I might get the block or kill the next night... so I started outright acting scummy day 2, going against the grain and just being stupid, to hopefully throw off the scent (I was planning to lay under the radar).

1. So you decided to play Scummy in thread to dissuade being Nightkilled and yet today your frustration is that you were under suspicion. Is that what I am seeing here?
2. How does the fact that two players specifically pointed out your breadcrumb and yet you were not killed / blocked affect your read on those slots (McStab / Rofl)?

--

Sala wrote:It explains why MoI has been scrutinizing Arugula all of day 2. MoI's vote on McQueen just broke every single rule he has set (not voting on the prescending wagon, etc.)

Insert face-palm pic here ….

--

Arugula wrote:
VOTE: Empking

I don't believe his claim, and as rofl said, it doesn't make sense to jail rofl. Now he's just hopping on the bandwagon that isn't on him.

Hey Mr. Kettle! Mr. Pot called back and said something about your metallurgical make-up meaning you are of dark pigmentation!

Arugula wrote:@MoI
Why do the night actions make Empking town?

1. He’s alive.
2. He claimed a JK on an unlikely target who had previously not claimed.
3. He claimed said JK before Viscera claimed whether he had shot or not.

Scum Empking could be screwed multiple ways as this unfolded.

1. If he actually blocked Viscera he risked being lynched immediately by Viscera saying “I sent in a shot on Player X and it obviously failed”. Even Serial Killer Viscera has little reason to let scum-Empking escape at this stage.
2. Fake-claiming a block on ROFL also risks ROFL busting him by having a proveable ability that he can demonstrate he actually used last Night.

Unless you are suggesting that scum has a Godfather / Rolecop / Roleblocker combo that allowed them to know ROFL was not going to counter his claim this makes no sense. And in that case given the number of VTs already flipped Town literally has to be swimming in Powerroles among the remaining living. Until we see evidence of that I’m concluding that Empking is Town.

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:57 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 617, MagnaofIllusion wrote:1. So you decided to play Scummy in thread to dissuade being Nightkilled and yet today your frustration is that you were under suspicion. Is that what I am seeing here?
Not quite. I played just scummy enough to be left alone at night. I didn't want to push the boundary and potentially get vig'd. I knew at some point I would have to answer during the day. The day phase started with votes flying entirely at myself, Velazanth, and Toon Fighter. I highly doubted that all 3 of us would escape scrutiny or a pile on lynch, and felt it more prudent to just outright claim my info. There will be no reason to make the two of them claim at this point, and scum gain no additional information other than knowing they are town. And considering how solid a base we have it severely narrows down the focus for today.

2. How does the fact that two players specifically pointed out your breadcrumb and yet you were not killed / blocked affect your read on those slots (McStab / Rofl)?

I originally thought rofl might have been role fishing the way he phrased it, but currently I have him fairly null-leaning-town, based mostly on reactions to being lynched and reveals of roles and actions through the last couple days. McStab I felt was town yesterday from his first post, and haven't really wavered on that.

Also, not really willing to end the day just yet, so ...

Unvote

...for now. Totally kosher with a potential Arugula lynch at the moment.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Post by McStab »

Unvote

Thoughts coming tomorrow on this, real life is keeping me a bit busy.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by roflcopter »

emp, why would sending me be risk averse or paranoid? isn't the scum most likely to assume that the highest visibility and suspicion level member will draw night actions, especially given the CLAIMED JAILKEEPER WAS VOTING ME ALL DAY LONG?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Vote Count 18

Empking - 5(roflcopter, Velazanth, Toon Fighter, VisceraEyes, Arugula)
Arugula - 3(Salamence20, mcqueen, Empking)
mcqueen - 1(MagnaOfIllusion)

Not Voting - 3(inte,Toogeloo, McStab)

12 alive, takes 7 to lynch
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Post by inte »

I wouldn't mind an arugula lynch

Roflcopter, where's your shining beacon of town play?
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:06 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

What is the current case on Aru?
~Toon fighter~
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:30 am

Post by mcqueen »

@Nocmen - If a Serial Killer endgames with a bunch of Townies, does the Serial Killer win
along with
Town winning, or does the Serial Killer automatically lose?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”