UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by AniX »

I'm a lurker already? Please, don't flatter yourself guys. I just didn't know the game started. Wait a couple days for me to get into my lurker groove, please.

Also, I think its time for me to break all the rules...BECAUSE THATS HOW I ROLL!

As I was cutting and pasting my role to show to someone else in this game (RULE 1 VIOLATED), I told him how I was planning to post in the thread, as my vote: "I wish to vote ____" and then say "I now switch my vote to -----".(RULE 2 VIOLATED) I then asked if they would review the complex infomation-bearing paragraph I was going to post in the result of my death.(RULE 3 VIOLATED) They did so, but told them I did not ask questions of the mod, even though they didn't take away from the game. (RULE 4 VIOLATED) I also pondered aloud if nonny would catch the gapping mistake she made, but when my confidant offered to tell nonny, I declined. (RULE 5 VIOLATED) I then spotted this person's post and got all upset about it, having very hard feelings and forgetting all about it being a game. (RULE 6 VIOLATED) I then proceeded to sulk and bitch and moan about it, not having a bit of fun and disregarding any threats of "or else." (RULE 7 VIOLATED)

No vote yet, but MeMe is totally an establishment and I don't trust them...
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:08 am

Post by AniX »

EmpTyger wrote:AniX:
What do you think about the MeMe/chamber thing?
Well, people usually fight when I'm involved. Personally, I think both just want to get close to me.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:51 am

Post by AniX »

I have a reason now?
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #66 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:44 am

Post by AniX »

Don’t like your behavior more than I don’t like chamber’s. For someone at the epicenter of the whole debate, you’ve gone out of your way to avoiding committing yourself, even when directly asked. I strongly suggest you participate fully quite quickly- you are most suspicious in my eyes…
Personally, I haven't committed myself to a side because I don't see a debate. I think both sides are overreacting to a relatively small issue, I don't touch that shit with a ten-foot pole. You get facts or people acting scummy, I'll gladly offer my thoughts on the matter. But AniX don't touch the internet forum drama. Forum drama doesn't catch scum.

I am participating fully to the level I feel I can without getting stuck right in this whole "Hey, lets form cliques!" mentality. Its basically breaking down into chamber stepping on MeMe's new boots, and the whole high school is ABUZZ. Such things don't contribute to education in schools, and it certainly doesn't contribute to the mafia game.

Here is the way I see it: Chamber made an accusation, everyone jumped on him about it, and Chamber is now reacting in a classic paranoid fashion of accusing everyone of being evil to be against him. Not paticularly the greatest defense, but not making him any more scummy or less scummy than anyone else in this game. Much like MeMe is no more scummy or less scummy.

Until we start getting more facts and less "He said, She said." I don't know how much more "participation" I can give you.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:16 pm

Post by AniX »

If you are volunteering to do either of those things, I'm not going to stop you.

What I want is something more than "Hey, Chamber doesn't like MeMe's playstyle...GET HIM!" Chamber could very well be scum, and perhaps this witch trial will uncover these scum-nature. However, as it stands, I don't see chamber as anything more than an overzealous player, which, while not the greatest asset to the town, certainly isn't conclusive evidence of him being Al Capone.

So by all means continue to press chamber, as that is benefical to town knowledge and thus benefical to the town. However, I want to see some tangible evidence, so I'm afraid I cannot choose a side, as Emp has demanded, until I see some.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:00 am

Post by AniX »

Did I say it was unproductive? I believe I stated that pressing chamber further was a infomation-barring course of action. However, on the flip side, I don't believe chamber has done anything to reveal himself to be scum. So basically, either way I would respond to things when I was first pressed, someone is going to misintepret what I have stated as either "ANIX THINKS CHAMBER IS SCUM, BUT ISN'T VOTING HIM. SUSPECT!" or "ANIX THINKS CHAMBER IS TOWN! PROTECTING SCUM PARTNER!" because both sides have proven their tendencies to blow an issue out of proportion, and as I stated, not something I like getting involved in. So, I took the course of action I normally take when no solid facts exist and thus speculation would lead already over-reacting people to overreact: I made a joke. (And it was hilarious.) And in doing so, it seems to set up the exact thing I wished to avoid...Someone look at the joke, and, instead of laughing went "JESUS RIDING A TRICYCLE THROUGH AN ARAB COUNTRY! ANIX IS TRYING TO DIVERT OUR ATTENTION WITH SCUM TACTICS!" when I actually was trying to say "Hey, I'm niether dead nor not paying attention to the game."

I bet you are going to take one look at this post and explain "ANIX KNOWS OUR LOGICAL TACTICS ALL TOO WELL. HE MUST BE SCUM!" :D
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #141 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:30 am

Post by AniX »

Save The Dragons wrote: The reason? I'm voting Anix because he has yet to do stuff today and was non-commital yesterday. I wanted to see how he would respond if something went his way.
Am I suppose to do something crazy? I'm afraid you've given me the case of stage fright and now I don't know what to do.

I don't really know how to respond to this "something went my way". When I first saw it, I didn't know what you were planning to see and I still don't know what you are planning to see. Am I suppose to flip out at one vote? Am I suppose to bitch or moan? You really need to tell me these things beforehand so I can live up to expectations here. :D
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #176 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:49 am

Post by AniX »

MeMe wrote: Don't you think something doesn't look right about
him
I'm relatively sure nothing looks right about me, but that has more to do with the fact I'm out of my mind than anything else.

My opinion on meta-gaming aside, If we are going to be meta-gaming, we might as well meta-game the whole thing. There, you will find that I pretty much "lurk", as you call it, in every game in the history of time-space (exceptions being Scumchat Mafia on the forum, where I pretty much spent the entire time bull-shit posting). For anymore evidence, ask anyone who has played more than a couple scumchat games with me, it usually involves me "lurking" the whole time while doing nice choices and eventually showing up at the very end to win it for the town. Its not a "OMG, ANIX LURKS WHILE SCUM" as you seem to be implying, its more of "OMG, ANIX PLAYS STYLE INVOLVES HIM PONDERING TO HIMSELF AND EVENTUALLY COMING UP WITH A SOLUTION THAT LEADS TO TOWN'S VICTORY!" (Hence, I call myself Mr. 11th Hour because lets face it, thats a badass name and it totally fits. But thats beside the point.)

I find games in which I use this "wait and work" play style do result in my side(which is, in this current game, is town) winning more often than more conventional play styles. Call it bullshit, call it luck, call it me just wanting to be weird, but it gets results.

I don't really know how I can further defend my play style. Uhhh...its kind and compassionate and always willing to lend a helping hand? Even if you thought my play style was "the lameness" or such things, I still don't see how me being "lame" relates to me being "scum".
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #180 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:56 pm

Post by AniX »

MeMe wrote:Just because you've done it in "every game in the history of time-space" doesn't mean I'm interested in giving you a pass to the end of the game.

Here's a question for you: what made you stick up for chamber on Day 1?
I'm not asking for a pass until the end of the game. I'm just saying that the only "evidence" you are using to vote for me is based on your preception I am lurking. I am asking that if you are going to vote me, at least come up with something a little more concrete than "lurking".

To answer your question: I don't recall "sticking up for chamber" so much as I questioned whether or not the bandwagon on him would yield results. I never said "CHAMBER IS TOWN, YOU GUYS! DON'T VOTE HIM!" I said "Maybe we should get some solid evidence other than "He is paranoid" before we start lynching people." I thought it was more of a case of people on both sides overreacting to a relatively small situation that quickly got blown out of proportion, and didn't feel that Chamber was any more or less scummy than another random player. If not thinking a player has proven themselves scummy or not scummy qualifies as "sticking up" for them, color me guilty of sticking up for most of the players in this game.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #192 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:55 pm

Post by AniX »

Most of this response has actually been sitting on my hard drive for the past 2 days or so as I was programming my laptop(and using it for the internet) and didn't get around to retrieving the file from the desktop computer.
MeMe wrote:I suppose it is a matter of perception -- but to me, even going back and reading all of your day one posts now, you seemed determined to make me look silly (MeMe's establishment -- chamber stepped on MeMe's boots -- chamber doesn't like MeMe's playstyle, so get him) while continually saying that chamber's actions weren't that scummy. I think it's pretty clear that chamber's
actions
were scummy -- the question was did that translate to a scum
alignment
If I came across as trying to make you look silly, I apoligize, because that was not my intent. Your name only came up because most of what made chamber suspect number 1 did involve his reaction to your vote, so I kept referring to that event, which involved me mentioning your playstyle, making your boots into a metaphor, etc.

I guess our definition of whether an action is scummy or not differs slightly. I don't view paranoia as scummy. I view paranoia as something that
could
be scummy. Much like lurking
could
be scummy. Much like various things in mafia
could
be scummy. This leads me to my next point...
MeMe wrote:...which is what everyone else seemed to be doing already, while you watched. And, interestingly, this "keep the pressure on" seems at odds with your recent statement that you questioned whether the bandwagon would yield results.
Chamber didn't strike me as scummy in the sense I was convinced he was scum. Thus, I wasn't sure if lynching him would yeild results. However, that doesn't mean that just because Chamber didn't strike me as scum he should be completely ignored. Chamber had, regardless of the circumstances, made himself a high-profile person in the game. Thus,

MeMe wrote:One more question -- Do you agree that, had chamber turned up guilty, it'd have been logical to interpret your actions as trying hard not to vote him?
That could be one interpretation of my actions. It would be one that places incorrect motive behind my actions(or lack thereof) and wouldn't be one I would personally have pursued if someone else was me, but it wouldn't be one that I would go "WHOA, TOTALLY OUT OF LEFT FIELD" because I was somewhat hesistant to vote chamber due to the fact that I felt his actions were more overreaction than evidence of scum.
Sotty7 wrote:Noted. I will always wonder about people who lurk on purpose. It's always going to look really bad, I don't why you would develop a play style like that in the first place.
I can't speak for others, but I know in my case it kind of developed itself and I just found it works well with me so I went with it. Thats a long and off-topic story that would best be left told for some other time/place.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #218 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:51 am

Post by AniX »

Emp:I am currently at mock trial camp and barely following all my games thanks tobskipping breakfast and dinner. Had I not, totally would be lost in a sea of posts.

So while I am following the game and do intend to somewhat(within the bounds of awesomeness) increase my posting to something better resembling a normal person, this is not the week to do it. So if this day ends and you are all "I AM DA VIG. WHO SHALT I KILL?" and my name is still in the mix, there isn't much I can do about that this week, barring not eating or sleeping at all. (which would most likely result in posts, yes, but they would be mostly gibberish."
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #223 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:54 pm

Post by AniX »

NOTE TO THOSE INTERESTED: This post, for those keeping track at home, took all of my lunch period and about half of my dinner to produce, then uploaded in the couple minutes I have before I go to bed. So basically, if you expect me to do anything resembling this length in the next two days, you better deliver me some food or something.

Scale: Considering I'm returning from the camp in more or less two days, no need to be replacing unless you want to, but I'm pretty sure it'd take longer than two days to find and inform a player. Your choice though.

Emp: Did you happen to look at the posts you are "citing"? Its quite literally basically crude humor involving wrestling,penises/sex, and me talking about how awesome my "sense of smell/11th hour/whatever gimmick I want to use today" is (And all are short 1 word to 2 sentances with the exception of the BUP post, which was actually typed up on the 3-hour carride). Hardly to the level of participation you are asking me to do this week. When I said I couldn't begin my "EmpTyger demands AniXpost-a-thon." this week, I meant I couldn't post with any quality. I can do arrogance and crude humor in my sleep, so if that’s what you want, let me know. Its thoughtful stuff I am going to have trouble producing, both because this camp is draining my mental resources (shoving 3 months of work into a week. YOU'LL RUE CROSSING ME, NYS!...but I digress.) but also because I basically don't have the time to do so.

Ix:
Ixnayonthehombre wrote:Later, in post #176, he explains his playstyle, which basically says he won't do much until we are in desperate need of him. At which time, he will come swooping down on some kind of magic vine, and save us from our own mistakes not finding scum.

Well, its actually more of a Batman-esque swoop from the rafters. But I think you caught the basic idea.
Ixnayonthehombre wrote:Personally, I'm leaning towards the former... You are a talented Mafia player, but like I said before, we need your help now. **snip** when you get back, you should actively join us. Actively.

I'm pretty sure my skills in mafia are sub par at best. Its my arrogance that’s talented. But yeah, I'll attempt to be more of Superman than a Batman, if you catch my really geek metaphor.
Ixnayonthehombre wrote:Its alright if you're at a mock trial camp(should've told us, we would've let up a little)
Well, to be honest, I didn't think anyone would notice. I posted it in the vacation thread just in case, but since I could still get on (albeit minimally), I thought I could try to avoid to join the increasing list of "people on official vacations from this game." I didn't think anyone would even miss me. "Where is AniX?" "Uhh..pretty sure he is doing that dumbass 11th Hour thing he always does. Just accuse him of lurking and he'll show up and bitch and moan about it." "Ah, yes, of course."

If this came across as a little bit jokeish, its because my brain is completely devoid of logic. I am the anti-robot and such things of that nature.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #238 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:23 am

Post by AniX »

I have a theory on Emp's vig status: Hypothecially, if Emp is indeed not the Vig. and is instead mafia/SK, theorically the real vig. could be purposefully not revealing himself in order to personally take out Emp himself tonight. This has a advantage over counter-claiming in the nature that the Vig. remains hidden from the eyes of the scum (who would certainly want to take out a proven or semi-proven vig.) whereas he would be quite out in the open if he counter-claimed (and could put himself up on the lynching block by claiming), while both have similar results of Emp not making it to another day.

So basically, we have 3 situations:

1. Emp is Vig. Thus, it is against the town's best interests to lynch him.
2. Emp is SK/Scum and no Vig. exists to counterclaim. A viable option and one where it might be in the town's best interest to lynch.
3. Emp is SK/Scum and Vig. is going to get him tonight. If this is the case, it would be better to not lynch a claimed Vig. and let the real Vig. take control than risk Emp being the Vig.
4.Emp is a townie who really likes to lie. If this is the case, he is a dumbass and should be lynched because he would eventually lynch the confirmed townie over the confirmed SK. This is naturally the least likely situation, but I thought I'd add it...just in case.

So basically, we need to figure out which of these apply to our situation. I'm leaning towards 1 or 3 in this particular situation, because I find it somewhat hard to believe a Vig. isn't in this game.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #275 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:51 pm

Post by AniX »

Chess83 wrote: As for Anix being below Sentinel, I have seen his 11th thing work in chat games, I know this is not the same but I have some faith in the man. However, I think he needs to start getting involved as the game is fast approaching the "11th hour"
Yes, it does work and you must have faith. Excellent ideas. I have my clock all ready to go. When the alarm goes off, powers will be gained. Magic powers.

I can't help but disagree with Ixnay's statement that two dead townies is better than two alive but (in the opinions of some) inactive townie (abeit one is paying close attention and will leap in at a moment's notice if he feels the need to say something). Of course, one cannot call me an unbiased person on the issue of being nightkilled by the "vig.", but still, if If I was someone viewed as a very active participant, I would want two alive townies over two dead townies, especially when we don't know how many sks/mafia we have.

I mean, if we follow this "lynch and "vig." plan, if all those killed in the lynch today and the two kills tonight (if mafia kills) or possibly more depending on whether or not my pet theory of Vig. not nightkilling last night but going to kill the false claimer Emp works out, that would be a potential 3 townie deaths bringing town to 7(assuming there is no cross-killing going down) or 3 townie deaths and 1 SK (once again, assuming no crosskill and that my pet theory is working)

In the former senario, if there is two mafia we are are 5 townies(or 4 and SK) vs. 2 mafia and very close to having our asses handed to us, abeit not lynch or lose. If its 3 mafia, we are indeed in lynch or lose.

In the latter senario, tommorow 6 people would be alive. If there is 2 mafia, its lynch of lose for the town. If its 3 mafia, its just plain lose for the town.

I personally don't think we should be throwing kills around this late in the game over something as subjective as "This player doesn't participate as much as I wish him to." Once again, I'm incrediblely bias as to not wanting to die tonight, but even if I wasn't one of the people who is being offered for Emp to eat, Its still a very, very, very risky plan to go lurker-hunting.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #278 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:23 pm

Post by AniX »

Let me see if I can access my awesome reserves. This is difficult due to all the crazy pet theories/ridicious notions I seem to be striken with, but here we go...everyone try to keep up.

Up in the Air

Sentinel99- Due to the fact he has disppeared alot, I have been unable to get a vibe from him at all. Could he be scum? Maybe Could he be lazy town? Once again, maybe. I'm the last one who should be casting accusation stones at Sentinel's glass house when I own the biggest glass mansion on the block.
EmpTyger- He is either vig. or SK/Mafia. This much is almost clearly certain. In order for him to be SK/Mafia, my pet theory of the game would come into play. For those who need reminding, the pet theory is that the real vig. is keeping his identity a secret and not counter-claiming the fake Vig(Emp) in order to kill him tonight, resulting in a cover-keeping but still effective removal of scum.
MeMe- MeMe seems to be a member of the majority in seemingly every debate, yet seems to do little more than echo the sentiments of others. When there is no definative party to join, she usually falls back to her old stand-by of "HEY, LOOK, ITS LURKERS!" However, since her tag itself speaks of his distrust of lurkers, I don't see it as a concrete reason to suspect her...but nor do I see any reason to have any trust in her either.
STD- I'm rereading his posts, looking for something to reveal him as trustable or town, but I'm seeing...nothing. I mean, everything he says is so...nothing. I don't even know how to explain this lack of substance. I imagine the best metaphor would be a placebo pill. He is still, he seems to be doing something but what that something is...nobody knows.

Trustable

Chess83- He strikes me, at this point, as a beneficial influence to the town so I'm going to trust him until such a point he is not.
AniX-How could you not trust Mr. 11th Hour?
Olio- While I would like to see him and Chess' feud come to an end, I think them fighting is more of them argueing semantics that now blown itself out of proportions, resulting in two otherwise trustable people to be at each other's throats.

Keep the Eyes peeled for...

Sotty7-A brief reread of Sotty's posts reads like the lie detector sheet. It starts off really calm with the softball issues/questions, but once we start hitting "Did you kill that man?" territory in this extended metaphor, she becomes the metaphorical "lie line" and is all over the place.
Scalebane- I can't really point you to the place where I could say "See here, this is scummy." but I can't point you towards a place where I go "See here, this is townie behavior." Normally, this would get him up in the air, but when I think the name Scalebane, the word "scummy" appears. Subliminal Messages? Post-Hypnotic Suggestion? Premature Power of the 11th Hour?

If I was voting right now, I would vote...

Ixnay-I am assuming, of course, Ixnay knew of the fact that using the "inactives" as a easy target would result in the town being in dire straights tommorow. As my earlier post showed, the town would be in rather large trouble when I (and, assumed in this situation Sentinel) turned up town and Day 3 began. If Ixnay was in a position to know both our alignments (say, if he was some sort of non-town character), such a "lynch or lose" situation would greatly benefit him.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #283 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:34 am

Post by AniX »

Ixnayonthehombre wrote:AniX, you seem to completely ignore the fact that I think he is Mafia. And you did seem to me pretty scummy also. But that was only because you openly lurked, and were opposed to participating. That being said, it's good that you're participating now.
No, no, I considered the fact you could be misguided. Which is why I "hypotheically voted" you and didn't actually say "vote ixnay"
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #301 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:07 am

Post by AniX »

You are setting off so many redflags for me. Particularly the “trustable” section of [278]. The order feels off. How did you place *yourself* between Chess and olio when writing that post? And why is Chess so beneficial, considering that you seem to be disagreeing with most of his opinions?
The order is "off" because there is no order. I was basically going "ok, who is on the player list." Its not "most trustable to least trustable of the trustables". I placed Chess first because he was the one asking for it so he was near the top of my mind, than thought of myself and put myself down and then referred to the list, where I then noticed Olio's name and placed him accordingly.

Chess is benefical because he, in my opinion, is inspiring discussion that I view as discussion benefical to the town. I don't need to agree 100% with someone to believe them town, do I? Someone can be 100% protown and be a total bullshitter. Not that I am referring to Chess as such, just that disagreement doesn't equal scumminess.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #319 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:17 pm

Post by AniX »

Where did I point out I refuse to vote in this game ever? I would be very interested to hear your response, considering "if I was voting right now, I would vote..." is basically a verbose way of highly "FOSing" someone. Unless everyone who has ever FOS another player is guilty of "refusing to vote in the game, ever" I don't really see where your mystical logic comes into play.

I wasn't attacking Ixnay because of him insulting my "strategy" (considering I would then be attacking MeMe the most considering she was the first to bring it up and the first one to push for me to post more often). I was arguing against his plan (Is debating logic in a game of logic considered an attack now and such things?) because his plan of removing "the non-actives" is logically flawed that unless the cop himself leaps from the bushes and is all "AHA! ANIX AND SENTINEL ARE SCUM!", the plan has a good risk of handing the scum victory on a silver/gold platter.

Also, of course I assume I am town. Is any player in this game going to (unless part of some sort of survivor/SK wacky plot) say "Yeah, totally not town." I really don't know what sort of logic you are playing with when you are using the fact I claimed to be a town role as a knock against me.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #344 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:57 am

Post by AniX »

Scalebane wrote:Sotty:
scalebane wrote:Anix: Show me where you've voted and I'll point out how you're not scum. Oh wait.

My comment about you "pointing out that you've never voted" was simply regarding your "if I was voting, I would vote" comment. It drew attention to the very absence of any votes in the game so far. I, in fact, would not have really noted it if you hadn't made that really weird comment with regards to Ixnay. Why not just vote him already?
Me explaining what you just asked me to explain. And am I the only one who thinks it weird that anix hasn't voted by page 14 of this game?
I don't like to vote people unless I'm better-than-failing (65%) certain that the person is scum. Most people are hovering about the 30% or so "I KNOW these people are scum." range, with Ixnay closest to the top at about 55%ish (with Emp jumping all over the place (me thinking he is scum-wise)like a glitch in the matrix for me to get any percent at all)

However, I might just follow your "advise" and vote someone very soon if this paticular someone continues his increasely scummy tactic of finding a dead horse, attempting to necromance it, and than beating it to death. This is not a threat, just an adknowledgement that my scum-sense is starting to twitch.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #350 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:09 am

Post by AniX »

Ixnayonthehombre wrote:
Ixnay closest to the top at about 55%ish
Because I voted Sentinel for lurking and suggested you for the nightkill?
The whole "getting rid of lurkers who might be town still helps the town" struck me as either the scummiest statement I heard in this game or the most naive. Not quite enough to bring you up to votable status, but enough to bump you up about 25 percent.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #358 (isolation #20) » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:17 pm

Post by AniX »

At this point, Emp, I would either vote Ixnay or Scalebane, based on the fact that Ixnay's "lynching the lurkers is good for the town, even if they themselves are town" is the scummiest(or most naive) theory I've heard all game, or Scalebane, who seems to have adopted a strategy of putting words in my mouth and attempting to revive the dead horse that is "ANIX IS A LURKER OMGUS!" Since he is number 2 in terms of number of votes currently, and one unvote (or one vote towards him) puts him in a tie for first, he would naturally be trying to throw whomever he could under the bus before him.

The Ixnay vote would bring us nowhere(since he would have a total vote tally of 1) and would basically be a wasted vote, so the basic question I must ask myself is: Do I feel, with a reasonable degree of certainty, that Scalebane is scum? My other option would be to vote Sen-99, but I am completely in the dark about him and lurker voting for the sake of lurker voting his late in the game will rarely turn out in our favor.

So, while the tactics I listed in the first paragraph are something of a concern, they aren't definitive proof Scalebane's guilt. Being the fact we don't have a huge amount of wiggle room in regard to killing townies (for more on this, see "AniX responds to Post 272". This response can be found in Post 275),I tend to be very paranoid of lynching people I'm iffy about. This reasoning is why my votes have been sparse(read: nonexistant). However, the town cannot afford to not lynch and the fact that, indeed, others are suspecting Scalebane independantly does put me somewhat more at ease that me finding things about Scalebane scummy are not one of my crazy pet theories only I understand.

So basically,
vote Scalebane
He is still far enough from a lynch (both in number of votes, which I believe is 6, and the wednesday deadline) for me to feel comfortable that this won't result in a scum gang-bang if he is town (which is a large factor in my overall lack of voting) but close enough that I feel we can start really pressuring him to start answering questions.

So, Scalebane: I have answered your challenge to vote. Now, perhaps you can answer my challenge: Why do you feel not voting is scummy? Just because you find it "different" from how most players play the game? Does different automatically lead to scum? Is that your sole reasoning? Or do you have a different explanation you would like to explain to the class?
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #377 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:19 am

Post by AniX »

Save The Dragons wrote:Did you vote because you were pressured or because you wanted to? What percentage is Scalebane at?
I was kind of on the fence as whether or not to vote for Scalebane, and two people calling for me to place a vote did play role in helping me decide on the issue. However, it wasn't like I was all "No, not going to vote..." and then was pressured to vote. I was all "Should I vote, should I not vote?" and when Emp also called for me to vote and Scalebane continued to seek for me to vote, that gave a tad more weight to that side of the issue, but I could very well have gone either way.

Scalebane, in the past week, has been making posts that have lead me to place him around a 63%. Very close to the "vote" mark, but not quite there, but close enough that I was debating whether or not to push him up to 65%.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #450 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:35 pm

Post by AniX »

I'm just noting that I am here, I am prepared to discuss things, I just want to wait and see what Scalebane has to say before I really start to break this game down, 11th hour-style.

Scale: I think you most likely should reveal this "not targetting but techically still involved with the dead victim" role you seem to have. I don't particularly trust you, nor does a tracker coming out in accusation of you really help to sooth that mistrust. If you don't want to claim until you get more votes, let the court note I'm fully prepared to vote for you, though I will not as a quick lynch(which 2 votes could easily transform into) without a possibility of you claiming will not help the town.

So basically, I'm saying lets here the role.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #471 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:20 am

Post by AniX »

Ok, here is what I'm feeling:

I haven't trusted Scalebane for quite some time, as evident in yesterday when I laid out why I was voting for him. I was hesitant to vote and offer him countless chances to defend himself, but he took none of them. Due to his extremely flawed logic and refusal to even answer the most basic of questions, I would not have protested a lynch of him at this time.

Now, at this particular moment, even more evidence has come out. In addition to all my arguments yesterday, we have a somewhat-cop matching Scale with the murder victim, and Scale giving what strikes me as the most backtracked role-claim in the history of time/space. So yeah, I think its time to set the alarm...

11TH HOUR!
Vote Scalebane
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #482 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:50 am

Post by AniX »

Ladies and Gentlemen, what did your buddy Dan Anix tell you? He declares 11th Hour in effect, mafia is lynched and there is no nightkill. Worship me and worship my hour.

So, considering STD pretty muched proved he was either the riskiest scum player ever or he is truly a town tracker, I would like to hear what last night showed him.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #483 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:51 am

Post by AniX »

Also, I just noticed the top of the thread. LOOK AT THE HOUR COLUMN! LOOK AT IT!

It actually literally is the 11th Hour.

Worship me.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #493 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:31 am

Post by AniX »

I'm going first? Fair enough.

I think we have one scum left indeed. I think we techically already lost our SK. Let me claim and then explain why: I'm Dr. Lillian Thurman, the psychotrist AKA sk-coverter. Once per night, I may target a player and, if such a player is a SK, I will covert them to the side of rightitude. To the best of my knowledge, I only covert SKs and not mafia, considering my PM specifies SKs.

I'm basing this assumption of lack of SK on the fact we pretty much have a user for each of our kills, Kurtz and MeMe clearly being EmpTyger( but who, as you will soon see, Kurtz might actually be an SK kill after all), and EmpTyger's own murder was pretty must confessed to by Scalebane(the mafia) by linking himself to Emp when STD had made no previous link. On that note, I imagine I got the SK either night one or night two. Personally, I'm banking on night 2, least of all because I think the whole flavor thing would make more sense. (My character was treating darko in the movie, and a sk to vig. change does make some sort of logic)

I targeted people in this order:

Night 1: MeMe, based on the bad taste I got from the whole chamber thing.
Night 2: EmpTyger, because of my whole crazy pet theory of him being SK. If you think I'm making it up, I would ask you the check day 2, where I was dropping hints like a man possessed about my thoughts on him being SK.
Night 3: Ixnay, because I've had a feeling about him for a while, and his non-vote for scalebane made me suspect enough to think he could be SK.

Please note that I don't get told whether or not I converted the SK, so for all I know, the SK could still be alive is just the laziest son of a bitch to ever suit up in the SK role. But I personally think that I did convert someone, and that person was EmpTyger.

I would also like to state the following: If the SK was indeed MeMe, Emp, or if we are to assume the highly illogical, Ixnay, I have just one thing to say...

The Power of the 11th Hour just saved your collective asses from the SK. Line up and worship, because this is proof positive of my godliness. Once again, the worship line will start once we prove how awesome I've been to the town.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #514 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:16 pm

Post by AniX »

God damn the amish-gypsy alliance. God damn them to hell.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #516 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:46 pm

Post by AniX »

And I'll just cite the billion other threads where the 11th Hour works. The 11th Hour didn't kick in because someone named Scalebane didn't believe.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #520 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:23 am

Post by AniX »

Kurtz, you seem like a very angry person, considering your side won. I mean, what do you have to be mad about? Does me talking piss you off? If there is one thing you should know about me, its that telling me to shut the fuck up is one of the many things that can actually make me talk more crazily and with a higher dose of arrogance. So please, for the sake of everyone minus my
paid
groupies, shut the fuck up about telling me to shut the fuck up.

The only people who can call the 11th Hour shit is Scalebane and Sent. But thats because they didn't believe. If they believed in the power, there would be a parade right now in my name. A very small 3-man mafia parade, BUT A PARADE NONE THE LESS.

Oh, and if anyone wants to cite this game, I have a bunch of games I can cite. 7:1 success ratio is a pretty good fucking ratio.

Oh, and another thing, Kurtz, I suck so much as mafia I avoid getting killed by a vig. who literally didn't trust me from day 1. (abeit, I avoided mostly due to him second-guessing his instincts, but I'll take whatever keeps me alive.)
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #521 (isolation #30) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:30 am

Post by AniX »

Also, Chess, I was just told by nonny you were a "n00b" of some degree. I must say I very impressed with your preformance in this game, I didn't get a newbie vibe from you at all, and usually I can smell newbies from 1.3333333333333333333333333334 miles away.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #527 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:41 pm

Post by AniX »

NEXT TIME, GADGET, NEXT TIME!
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”