WoT Mafia, GAME OVER

Was this an enjoyable game?

Yes
30%
No
15%
Maybe
5%
I haven't read the damn game yet, but I need to vote in any polls that come along.
50%

Total votes: 20

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:22 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I haven't investigated you yet, Mr. PJ, because every time I thought you were just unscummy enough that an investigation on you would be a less-than-optimal choice. Turns out I'm rather glad I trusted my gut. As for why I hinted that a cop should investigate you, I didn't want anyone thinking I was a cop, and apparently it worked. Sadly, I'll probably be dead tomorrow morning.

Pooky: innocent
broomhead: I feel a reason to fear him but he has no evil in him (i assumed vig)
logicticus: scum
thesilentspeaker: i intended to follow the silent speaker but was instead taken by the hand and led to follow channeldelibird, who I indeed determined is foul scummy scum.
tamuz: innocent

That's by memory and I'm a few drinks down in a strange town. I was also grabbed night zero/one and attempted to be collared, as I've said, but the collaring failed.

Why would you think Juilin Sandir's a minor role? Do you still doubt my cop claim, Rand?

I think PJ's Rand. I am not 100% sure he's good guy, but the fact that broomhead's not investigated-evil makes me feel much better about PJ. I'll re-read when I get home tomorrow to determine where my vote belongs.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:36 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

MBL, I think that out of the
claims
which are on the table, yours was the weakest claim.

Dead Forsaken

Karn1, Demandred, Claimed "Nynaeve, Lie Detector"
Mr. Flay, Mesaana
Logicticus, Lanfear

Dead Black Ajah

Shamrock, Galina Sedai
Axelrod, Linadrin Sedai
Yosarian2, Alviarin Sedai

Dead Darkfriends + Other Possible Scum

Mariyta, Mazrim Taim
ChannelDelibird, Padan Fain, claimed "Valan Luca, Doctor"

Masonic Aes Sedai

The Silent Speaker, Verin Sedai [DEAD]
BabyJesus, Alanna Sedai [DEAD]
Spamwise, Elaida Sedai
Illumina, Siuan Sedai

Other Aes Sedai

PookytheMagicalBear, Moriane Sedai[DEAD]

Major Characters, Often With Rand Al'Thor

PetroleumJelly, Rand Al'Thor, Vigilante
Yamahako, Nynaeve Sedai, Doctor [DEAD]
Albert the Great, Perrin Aybara [DEAD]
Mudbuck, Min [DEAD]
Cyan, Egwene Sedai [DEAD]
Fritzler, Aviendha
Lordy, Elayne Sedai
Mystery Meat of Doom, Thom Merrelin

Fringe Characters, Often Paired with Another Major Character

MrBuddyLee, Juilin Sandir, Cop
Anonymities, Loial, RB/Doc
Ghyrt, Logain
Tamuz, Masema
Lowell, Lan Mandragoan
Fuldu, Brigitte Silverbow [DEAD]

Odd Claim

Machiavellian-Mafia, Marath-Damane, Collarer

Scum Claim

Skylink

So all in all, MBL, your claim wasn't exactly a "major" character, and seeing as I had thought you were Matt Cauthon since pretty much Day Two, the fact that you ended up claiming a minor character [Who is just a tag-along with Thom Merrelin at best] was what piqued my interest. Nevertheless, I see no reason to Vig you tonight now so long as you keep the investigations coming.

Anybody have a Vig suggestion for tonight?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:38 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

After looking at the list, I'm thinking one of:

Tamuz, Masema
Machiavellian-Mafia, Marath-Damane

It
might
be that Skylink is the last scum and I am just wasting my time, but I would rather plan for worst case scenario.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:58 am

Post by Fritzler »

i say we vig mbl
Surfs up dude.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:50 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Wait, did you actually go through my post history to see if what I'm claiming matches up with what I posted? I tried to hint at my results the whole way, and since I'm clearly a sane cop, all the results match up to reality. If you have doubts, I think the broomhead investigation would put those doubts to rest, seeing as how scumpartners of logicticus/dbird wouldn't have known on day two that broomhead was "to be feared".

So that makes me a good vig tonight beeecauuuse...
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:18 am

Post by Fritzler »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Wait, did you actually go through my post history to see if what I'm claiming matches up with what I posted? I tried to hint at my results the whole way, and since I'm clearly a sane cop, all the results match up to reality. If you have doubts, I think the broomhead investigation would put those doubts to rest, seeing as how scumpartners of logicticus/dbird wouldn't have known on day two that broomhead was "to be feared".

So that makes me a good vig tonight beeecauuuse...
cuz i want to kill someone
Surfs up dude.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:55 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

That's all fine and dandy--maybe pick someone less useful to gut.

Does anyone need me to make my case for why I'm a cop? I'd like to be taken off the chopping block, kthx.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:03 am

Post by Fritzler »

MrBuddyLee wrote:That's all fine and dandy--maybe pick someone less useful to gut.

Does anyone need me to make my case for why I'm a cop? I'd like to be taken off the chopping block, kthx.
you can do it, we'll watch and laugh as we get ready to kill you
Surfs up dude.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:15 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

I already checked your actions in the game, MBL, I think they match reasonably well with your investigations. Notice how I took you off the list? You're still in the "Fringe Character" category, because your claimed character
is
a fringe character. Nothing to be done about that. Fritz doesn't have a Vig ability, unless it is used via Machiavellian-Mafia.

On that note, I am wondering why exactly it would be necessary for there to be a second Vigilante in the game, so M-M is on my list of possible targets. I suppose I technically don't
have
to use my ability tonight, but I am essentially a Cop who happens to kill who he investigates.

And whoops, just realized you had an innocent investigation on Tamuz, that will buy him some time for now. My current pet theory on the game, however, is that the Dark One is
somewhere
in the game, and might possibly be a Godfather role which would win with any scum group (see Macros' Minas Tirith game for a similar role).

Otherwise I might take out Anonymities. He is a claimed vanilla townie, who although claiming a recognizable character, also claimed somebody I consider to be a fringe character.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:42 am

Post by Tamuz »

So I have a result of good
But look at my posting and votes if you would
On unpressured scum from both groups my vote has stood.

On top of that I think my role's frame
Was here to jump start the game
Hence the bandwagon and random results exclaimed.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:43 am

Post by Anonymities »

Sorry PJ, if I think that you are going to take me out, I will roleblock your Ashaman. If you still think that I am a badguy just get MBL to investigate.

I too consider Loial to be a fringe character and think that the only reason he was used was to incorporate someone from the books who can protect people from the one power.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:59 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

PJ, I'm not thrilled about something: you were willing to suspect me based on the fact that I'm a fringe character. Yet you thought mmod was going to claim my character, and you've found mmod pro-townish for some time now. I understand that part of why you found him pro-townish was due to the information he bore, but your flip-flop on the plausibility of the Sandir role disturbs me. You even compared my claim to the false doctor claim earlier in the game, knowing full well that the likely real doc had already been killed when the fake doc claim arose. There was no counterclaiming cop and yet you put me at the top of your vig list. If it's not scummy play it's sloppy play.

Also, you say you've thought I was Matt since Day Two and yet you voted me on Day Two and FOSed me on Day Three. If you weren't Rand, I'd find that very, very dicey behavior.

There is always the slim possibility that our mod has given us a neutral or extremely dark character with a safeclaim of Rand, and if Skylink is scum but not the last one I think town should not consider Rand 100% cleared.

If it weren't for my investigations, I'd rattle off as possible scum:

Skylink
Anonymities
Lowell
Spamwise
Illumina
Tamuz

I think Fritzler and lordy's roles are believable. I think mmod pretty much has to be who he says he is, particularly seeing how ballsy such a false claim would have been before Tamuz claimed. I've found M-M's play to be pretty pro-town all game.

Ghyrt is not evil according to my investigation. Same with Tamuz. Ghyrt's innocence possibly but not necessarily implies PJ's innocence.
Lowell wrote:Iam al’Lan Mandragoran, Lord of the Seven Towers, Lord of the Lakes, and true Blade of Malkier. I am Morainnes warder, whilst I do not know her I can still defend her from attack.
Lowell, how are you not a power role and yet you can defend Pooky (Morraine) from attack and yet you didn't defend her from attack. Help me understand this please.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:38 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Oh, shoot, I didn't mean Anonymities, wow. I Meant Lowell (who claimed Lan). *slaps forehead* Messed up brain thought there (Lowell -> Loial -> Anonymities).

Apologies. Anonymities, yours was actually one the role-claims I believed the most, because of the fact that you protected/RB'd me, but saw afterwards that it's not
me
who is doing the killing, but my Ashaman. It all fits very well, Loial is a likely character, and your ability makes perfect sense.
MrBuddyLee wrote:If you weren't Rand, I'd find that very, very
dicey
behavior.
Now see, you're hinting at Matt Cauthon. :wink: And don't go tripping over yourself, now.

Further, I said I
thought
you were going to claim Matt Cauthon. Just because you
think
somebody is going to claim something doesn't mean you can't be suspicious of them.

And also, I am not suspecting you
just
because you had a fringe character: from my perspective, you
did
defend TWO seperate Forsaken on Day One. Should I just toss that away? I've been suspicious of you for quite a while. This is Mafia. It's only natural.

Your plausibility only rose up after you gave your investigations, which matches your behavior more in the game. I don't believe I ever flipped or flopped on the issue: you claimed a fringe character,
and
you were somebody I was suspiciuos of. The same thing went for CDB: he was somebody I was suspicious of, and he claimed a fringe character. And he was scum.

Also, I know that Pooky (Moraine) found me on Night Two. He never really talked to me all that much (lazy bum), but he also never mentioned the presence of Lan in the game [although I was not aware of the presence of any other characters upon the game's start either].
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:42 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

And further:

MMoD as Juilin Sandir made sense, because Sandir would hear rumors (which would explain his actions throughout the game). Also, since I thought Tamuz was Thom Merrelin (given his rhyming restriction), Sandir was the only role I could think that really matched MMoD.

When you originally claimed Juilin Sandir, on the other hand, you
did not
claim an ability, which led me to believe that you were either holding out to see what abilities
other
people would claim, or that you were a vanilla townie. My mind changes when I have more informcation to deal with. Since your claim, there has been more information on to think on.
Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:43 pm

Post by Anonymities »

Exactly PJ. Apology accepted.

I should probably 'protect/roleblock' the most likely scum that you aren't going to vig since at least then they cannot kill PJ, myself or another pro-town role.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:15 pm

Post by SpamWise »

So is the time right to hammah Skylink?
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:12 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

petroleumjelly wrote:When you originally claimed Juilin Sandir, on the other hand, you
did not
claim an ability, which led me to believe that you were either holding out to see what abilities
other
people would claim, or that you were a vanilla townie.
I said I was a "Thief-catcher" and I thought you of all people would pick up on that.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:53 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:When you originally claimed Juilin Sandir, on the other hand, you
did not
other
people would claim, or that you were a vanilla townie.
I said I was a "Thief-catcher" and I thought you of all people would pick up on that.
And I have this habit of not
assuming
role-claims from other people, or claiming
for
them. Juilin's title is that of Thief-Catcher, just as Rand Al'Thor's title is the Dragon Reborn.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:21 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Well, you didn't assume I was Matt or Tamuz was Thom or mmod was juilin then... you just thought it was likely, eh?

Your past "assumption-not-assumptions" have made you less likely to suspect other people even if you didn't assume anything.
After my nameclaim, for whatever reason, you plopped me atop your vig list. I just found it strange that you didn't offer my claim up the same luxury.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:32 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

MBL wrote:Well, you didn't assume I was Matt or Tamuz was Thom or mmod was juilin then... you just thought it was likely, eh?
Yes. They were my
educated guesses
based on the information I saw in-thread and what I considered to be likely. And yes: my educated guesses (call the hunches, gut, whatever you will) correlate to whether or not I want to lynch somebody.
MBL wrote:After my nameclaim, for whatever reason, you plopped me atop your vig list. I just found it strange that you didn't offer my claim up the same luxury.
I already
explained
my reasons. Why do you keep dismissing them?

1.) You defended Karn1 (Forsaken) Day One
2.) You defended Mr Flay (Forsaken) Day One

There are others, but those are
more
than sufficient for me to keep an eye on you. When you claimed, you claimed a fringe character, and you did not claim ability. At the time, you were the least verified role, with a fairly weak claim, who I had already considered suspicious. That's was more than enough for me to want to Vig you.

I wasn't just going to go "Oh, well, he claimed Thief-Catcher: He's probably just a Cop who hasn't given us any results for five straight days, so I'll leave him alone." I need to poke at you to get you to talk: funny how easily death-threats get people to spill things. And through your claim, I am now considering Tamuz much more likely to be innocent, and I am more sure that I have nothing to fear from my own Ashaman. You have already been taken
off
my Vig list, but if you are going to continue trying to cast suspicion on me, don't be surprised if I slap you back on.

Current Vig target: Lowell
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:44 am

Post by Fritzler »

i get to kill someone tonight, right?
Surfs up dude.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:57 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

PJ, it'd be reckless of me not to consider you as a possible scum. No one's confirmed in this game as far as I know, and fortunately we have at least one candidate for a confident lynch. But I'll be surprised if the mod hasn't thrown us a twist of any kind in this setup, and I'm on the lookout for it, as apparently are you.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:59 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I'll add that as Rand you've had the confidence to try to direct this game to an unprecedented extent. I don't have a problem with the way it's going thus far, but I'm wary of giving any one player too much leeway. "Rand" is the type of claim that earns its bearer a cakewalk to endgame if we're not careful, and on the off-chance you're scum, I don't want to see you get off scot-free.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:12 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Eh, I understand your concern. That doesn't mean I have to like it. For what it's worth, if the game continues much longer, I fully expect to die (and to be frank, I've pretty much thought I would die about every night of this game). Scum can't exactly risk keeping a Vigilante alive: one shot and they're dead.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:23 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

So we're lynching Skylink, yes?
Buy mystery meat.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”