NY Mafia 155 - New Age Mafia II - Game Over!

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 120, Thestatusquo wrote:Not only is there no reason to think Umoms is scum, but the person who is in my book most likely to be scum is hanging on the back end of that wagon.

Tierce, my comment on bellas posts were tongue and cheek, yes, but they were also an attempt to try to steer the conversation in a more productive direction. Izzy's answers to those questions mattered to me. The fact that you blew them off doesn't necessarily read as weird to me on its own, but it does sort of give the impression that you're attempting to stay in randomness. Like, a sequence of

Person A: statement, joke, etc.
Person B: Somewhat serious question with a slight hint of joke.
Person C: HAHAH QUESTION DOESN'T MATTER LETS JUST KEEP VOTING RANDOM PEOPLE.

is suspicious to me. I also don't like how aggressively you jumped on the back end of the umoms wagon with no justification for it.

Unvote, Vote: Tierce

Of course I jumped on aggressively--that was the
whole point
. Push a quicklynch/quicklynch threat on D1, see where the pieces fall and mine the reactions garnered from it on later days. I've already explained this on #98. If I had hmm'd and haw'd about it we wouldn't be having these kind of developments; I wanted to take a decisive stance, to push the dominos one way or the other. People started scattering like frightened chickens, and with a few flips, we're going to have a better understanding of the interests behind this wagon and the reactions to it.

How did I 'blow your questions off'? My impression of Izzy's vote and comments about you was that they were RVS+jokes, and that you were overreacting in a weird manner and trying to fish too deeply for motivation. It felt like cheap posturing. This is not 'blowing questions off', this is "I find your scummy", period.

Yes, my own vote at the time was still RVS, I made another RVS joke in the same post (about Bella) and could have shifted to you; I chose not to because, after Glork's #47, I had a plan of action re: the next quickwagon that developed--push it to L-2, L-1 or hammer it.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by Quagmire »

By 'pushing the dominoes one way or the other' you mean 'pushing the dominoes one way' because the other way would have been not voting for the quicklynch
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by Tierce »

"Push the dominoes":
1) "one way": have people force the wagon through;
2) "the other": see the wagon fall apart.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yep guys, tierce is scum.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 123, Quagmire wrote:Question for AGar. Why're you voting for nhammen?

His two posts feel contrived, like he wants to care about quicklynches on town but can't. His first vote is just to further the biggest "wagon" at the time while similarly, his umoms vote helps to balloon the umoms wagon which flies up to L-1, only to come crashing back down.

Also, Tierce's posting is just not making me feel good things. Nor is redFF's.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Unvote

Vote Tierce
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 119, redFF wrote:What exactly would you like umoms to address, Rhinox? It's a page 3 lol quicklynch in a large, it's not like there's a case against him, unless you're willing to make one for him to address.

And yeah calling omgus is dumb since you didn't really have any basis to calling him scum in the first place.

vote:nhammen

WELP.

Unvote, Vote redFF
. Found somewhere better for my vote. I don't like the general brushing aside of the wagon just because it was quick. Justifying the fact that he and everyone else was only in it for the lol quicklynch, and there was generally nothing behind it. Giving people shit for prying into the votes on a bandwagon (spoiler alert: kind of the result of early bandwagoning, brah).

@Primate: If anything, it was a movement from indifference to extreme indifference. I can see where the negative light from his early page two posts (something about it only being page two and that no one cares), but I didn't 100% buy into it at the time. Since then, the speed of the wagon irks me a bit, but only a little looking at the general bandwagon friendly mood of page 1. The criticism for his reactions to the wagon are another thing I can't really see myself buying into. This may have gotten a bit ramble-y, if you need any clarification, feel free to pester me more.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by JDodge »

Tierce's posting reads more to me like someone trying to REALLY REALLY IMPRESS US with some sort of bizarre, ill-thought out play more than it reads scum to me, tbh.

Stop trying so damn hard.
Rhinox wrote:
In post 109, JDodge wrote:
In post 108, Rhinox wrote:What do you think about the point I brought up about umoms?

you brought up a point about umoms? i was under the impression that he called out your bullshit and you chalked it up to wifom

nah man he whined and omgus'd me without actually addressing anything. Idk where you're coming up with this wifom you think happened but I didn't chalk anything up to wifom ever.

More importantly, why are you answering for agar?

Or if you really feel the need to answer you can at least say why you think my point was bullshit. You asked me to clarify my comment which I did. Were you not interested in the answer?

I meant to type OMGUS not WIFOM; rust.

I'm terribly fucking sorry for daring to interrupt your interrogation, sir. I'll have my resignation on your desk by Thursday.

Your comment still makes no fucking sense.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by JDodge »

Also, this redff wagon is bad and people should feel bad. That post was abysmal, but I can't for the life of me see a good anti-town angle for it. Stop confusing stupidity with suspiciousness.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by Quilford »

VOTE: Rhinox

His RVS posting looks extremely forced in light of more recent stuff of his.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
10 to lynch

umoms: 6 (Staeg, iamausername, Rhinox, nhammen, Glork, Tierce)
nhammen: 5 (JDodge, Simenon, AGar, Primate, redFF)
Tierce: 3 (scooby, Thestatusquo, Quagmire)
Thestatusquo: 2 (Untrod Tripod, Bella)
Rhinox: 2 (umoms, Quilford)
redFF: 1 (Flameaxe)

Not Voting: 0

Current Deadline:
Sunday August 5th, 10 PM EST
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by Glork »

OH MAN. Tierce wagon or nhammen wagon. BOTH SO GOOD.

But nhammen is bigger.

Vote: nhammen
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by scooby »

Umoms wagon is stupid as shut and I'm glad it's dying. I don't get the nammen hate, you know what I'd really like? A dead tierce with drench fries
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by scooby »

Also koffinf is very likely town
Rhinos is probably scum
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Post by nhammen »

In post 83, Glork wrote:In the event that umoms does not get quicklynched (or that he gets quicklynched as town), I fully support killing nhammen. The whole "let me find a different-bad-bullshit reason to pile onto the wagon" thing is easily the scummiest vote on here.

I didn't think my reasons were bad-bullshit. In fact, I am absolutely positive that my reasons for voting umoms were definitely better than my reason for voting Tierce.

In post 94, umoms wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p4193041 <-- nhammen's vote. Acuses me of trying to stifle discussion, though I don't recall telling anyone to STFU yet.

I was referring to you saying "Why do you care on page 2?" This question seemed to imply that Quilford, or Staeg, or whoever you were responding to shouldn't care about things on page 2. However, no information can be created until people do care about the game.

In post 98, Tierce wrote:(Channeling Glork-scum? You betcha.)

How can you think that there is any pro-town benefit to knowingly channeling a player's scum meta?

In post 104, Simenon wrote:In what universe is the third vote always, or usually, a wagon vote? Flameaxe's vote was obviously a random vote. Have you literally never seen random voting?
It looks like a bullshit way of trying to subtly casting aspersion and I still don't like it.
Unvote
Vote nhammen

I didn't say that third vote is always or usually a wagon vote. But there is a better expectation for it to be one than for a second vote. I have seen random voting before, and you can check my wiki if you want to see previous games. But, I believe that random voting and asking questions was strictly better than just random voting alone, so I asked the questions that were available for me to ask. In any case, there was no casting of aspersion, subtly or not.

In post 119, redFF wrote:What exactly would you like umoms to address, Rhinox? It's a page 3 lol quicklynch in a large, it's not like there's a case against him, unless you're willing to make one for him to address.

Ummm... he was one of two (or three if you include yourself) people that actually did make a case rather than wagoning for the sake of wagoning. So... yeah. And umoms has addressed those cases, and you in #99 replied to this by stating that you had a reason for your vote. So I'm not getting this at all. Please explain.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Post by redFF »

I voted nhammen because he's being overly verbose and analytical about RVS and p much every accusation he's made has looked really contrived.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Post by redFF »

And my reason for my umoms vote was because I like page 3 quicklynches. I also don't like people who post giant pics of facepalms but that was after my vote.

Rhinox and nhammen were the worst jumps on that wagon imho.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Post by Staeg »

I pretty much always have scumreads on people with nhammen's playstyle but not here.
Tierce may or may not be scum.
unvote
Vote: tierce

everything else seems largely irrelevant.
sa vrede?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:46 pm

Post by Quilford »

redFF is town.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:01 am

Post by Quagmire »

I fear with Tierce that I'm falling into the "BAD LOGIC == SCUMMIER THAN" logic, which I've prided myself on never fucking up (why I think redFF is town). I need to think about this more.

nhammen's not scum.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 133, JDodge wrote:Also, this redff wagon is bad and people should feel bad.

In post 135, OhGodMyLife wrote:redFF: 1 (Flameaxe)

wow what a wagon.

unvote, vote redff

In post 134, Quilford wrote:VOTE: Rhinox

His RVS posting looks extremely forced in light of more recent stuff of his.

Explain?
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:59 am

Post by Bella »

In post 36, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 34, Bella wrote:
In post 32, Thestatusquo wrote:Glotk, tell me who the scums are.

Obvious sheeping scum.

I find your jump to conclusions here to be troubling. Like, I get the argument that I am sheeping, that much is plainly obvious (although one could easily claim that I was just trying to make glork take stances on different players in the game. I wont claim that though, I was blatantly sheeping)

But to say its scum motivated is bizarre. Are scum more likely to sheep onto strong scum hunters? I don't necessarily think so. So it seems like a very vague attack without much basis. What was the purpose of it?

Vote: Bella

To call you obvious sheeping scum? :p

I tend to fall on the side of people thinking Tierce is just trying really hard to impress the glorious playerlist with her superwaesome play than being scummy. She just loves us and wants us to like her. <3
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:24 am

Post by Tierce »

._.
It's a difficult pick between being called scummy and trying too hard.

UNVOTE: umoms
VOTE: Rhinox
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by nhammen »

In post 141, redFF wrote:And my reason for my umoms vote was because I like page 3 quicklynches.

That was the only reason for your umoms vote?
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by redFF »

yeah p much, also 44.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”