Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:04 pm

Post by Scalebane »

I have little to add at this point. However, I am closely following the game. I'll post something tonight or tomorrow.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:30 pm

Post by olio »

Chess83 wrote: Sorry for the long list of quotes, just a little more dramatic when I let the facts speak for themselves. 7 people out of 9, ask for the name, including yourself.
Like I said, your
constant
name-calling is distracting in my opinion. Others - including me - have given it a rest it seems to me. You have to ask yourself the question I presented to Sotty and the question by EmpTyger:
How big is the probability that there isn't a vig in this game in your opinion?
How big is the probability that EmpTyger would know that there weren’t a real vig in this game?
Chess83 wrote: Going after me for why I think Emp's information damns Scale and clears himself, all the while you have your vote resting on Scale.
Chess83 wrote: You charge after my throat when I began to go for Scalebane, while your vote is on scalebane... interesting.
These quotes up here are lies
and I think you did it on purpose. You repeated the lie so it would work and at least it worked on EmpTyger, as I understood that he wants answer to those questions.

When I got bad vibe from your post Chess, I voted you. My vote didn't rest on Scalebane after that like you're saying.

I suggest Chess as a vig target for following night.
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:37 pm

Post by olio »

olio wrote:Chess, I'm getting really bad vibe from your last post. You say don't have anything to add, and yet you:
a) set up a point when EmpTyger should reveal his information
b) impose a restriction on voting (I assume "safty" means "safety" in your post)
c) plan a course of action for the whole town

Point a)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to assume that Scalebane will get (at least) 4 votes today. Why do you think EmpTyger will reveal his information when Scalebane is at 4 votes? Why do you want to hear EmpTyger's information today?

Point b)
In case EmpTyger won't reveal his information we can never lynch Scalebane, right? Or if he gets lynched, that dumb hammerer must be scum? Where do you base such an assumption? If you're so sure that the person hammering Scalebane is scum (in case EmpTyger's info isn't out), why didn't you put your restriction of votes to 5 votes and get that possible hammerer-scum tomorrow?

Point c)
EmpTyger hasn't claimed a cop with guilty result on Scalebane, now has he? Where do you base your logic that if Scalebane is innocent, EmpTyger is scum?

unvote
vote: Chess
Check the last two lines. If you choose to display my previous posts, to check this - which you should - it's the post number 9.
Ixnayonthehombre
Ixnayonthehombre
Goon
Ixnayonthehombre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:55 am

Post by Ixnayonthehombre »

First of all - Yay! Mafia Scum! Finally! *jumps up and down*
Now that I got that childishness out of my system...
I think EmpTyger is the most vague person I have ever played with.
(All quotes are from EmpTyger unless otherwise stated)
I believe I’ve caught a tell, and I’m not sure how to best play it, and want to analyze more before I act.
I think I might know what might have happened with CK last night.
I had 3 reasons for targeting CK. I choose not to spell them out explicitly at this time, although I will clarify that my decision was most definitely not random.
There are a lot of possibilities, of varying degrees of likeliness. But the point I felt it important to make was that *something* happened last night.
What I have not revealed is (1) my name and (2) my reasons for targeting CK last night. I have not done so because I have no cause to yet. I am not vouching for Scalebane’s alignment. I do find him most suspicious, and believe him mafia, but I do not want to imply that I am guaranteeing his guilt. I am not. These are only suspicions.
Of course my rolename would give extra information. If you want a massnameclaim, go for it. I don’t see any reason to offer mine freely.
why should *I* be needing to give further information about myself?
until I hear better reason, I will continue to disregard the calls for me to claim.
Please explain how this “perfect claim for a SK” doesn’t get me killed one way or another well before endgame. (I’m not talking about WIFOM; I’m talking about that there’s no way for me to know that there isn’t a real vigilante out there.) And temporarily assuming I am a SK, that wouldn’t change the fact that something happened to the mafiakill. And you are blatantly fishing for my rolename. I’d like to know why. It’s not going to give you any additional information, since whoever I am is clearly capable flavorwise of killing. And if it’s a matter of counterclaiming, I’m already going to stand or fall on the vigilante claim. Your fishing is nagging at the back of my head.
Could you please explain this? "I'm talking about that there's no way for me to know that there isn't a real vigilante out there." ...? and please explain what you mean by - "I’m already going to stand or fall on the vigilante claim. "
I have been accused by Sotty and Scalebane, among others, of withholding information
Not for entirely bad reasons.
I have withheld the *least* of all players in this game.
Other players have not been called out on it. I would give information if I needed to, but I don't need to. So would most of the players in this game. But you have partially claimed and been fairly vague many times.
{to sotty7}So the only thing you’ve said relevant to that issue since my vigclaim is:
1) Baa.
2) Ask me why I killed CK N1. Which is extremely odd considering you yourself were voting him at the end of D1!
3) Be uneasy about my not fully claiming. I’m commented about this elsewhere, but it’s apparently been common enough sentiment that nothing either way can be concluded.
4) State that you would vote Scalebane if satisfied by my claim. Why wouldn’t you want to hear any defense from Scalebane? Wouldn’t you want to hear *his* claim just as much as mine if trying to make this kind of decision?

I’m getting a strong enough vibe from you that I’m going to unvote: Scalebane, vote: Sotty7.
Save for #4, I'm pretty sure that everyone has done these things. This seems a little OMGUS to me, because out of all the players in this game, you pick Sotty7, who just spent an entire post accusing you.
I'm asking you clearly - lay down all of the infromation you have right now. Stop being so vague. I know that most of these quotes are kind of cleared up now, but at the time, you were just being vague. Please, in the future, just say all you have to say.
Now for MeMe
MeMe wrote:unvote: AniX
vote: Sentinel99
I'm assuming this is for lurking?
Olio wrote:
Chess wrote:Sorry for the long list of quotes, just a little more dramatic when I let the facts speak for themselves. 7 people out of 9, ask for the name, including yourself.
Like I said, your constant name-calling is distracting in my opinion. Others - including me - have given it a rest it seems to me.
After this, if my request is ignored, I will just drop it. But olio, you need to know that I've been on EmpTyger's case about this just as much as Chess, even more I'd say.
"As a cold wind blows across your shattered face, you finally realize that this is where you belong..."
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:50 am

Post by MeMe »

Ixnayonthehombre wrote:Now for MeMe
MeMe wrote:unvote: AniX
vote: Sentinel99
I'm assuming this is for lurking?
His disappearance without bothering to reply to my last question (despite posting in the Little Italy forum -- in 320 -- on August 1) certainly doesn't make me
less
suspicious of him.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:44 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Ixnay:
Ixnayonthehombre [203] wrote:<snip>
I have withheld the *least* of all players in this game.
Other players have not been called out on it. I would give information if I needed to, but I don't need to. So would most of the players in this game. But you have partially claimed and been fairly vague many times.<snip>
This is still a circular argument. You say that other players have not been called out for not revealing information because they have not revealed information. Whereas I have been called out for not revealing information because I have revealed information.
Ixnayonthehombre [cont] wrote:
{to sotty7}So the only thing you’ve said relevant to that issue since my vigclaim is:
1) Baa.
2) Ask me why I killed CK N1. Which is extremely odd considering you yourself were voting him at the end of D1!
3) Be uneasy about my not fully claiming. I’m commented about this elsewhere, but it’s apparently been common enough sentiment that nothing either way can be concluded.
4) State that you would vote Scalebane if satisfied by my claim. Why wouldn’t you want to hear any defense from Scalebane? Wouldn’t you want to hear *his* claim just as much as mine if trying to make this kind of decision?

I’m getting a strong enough vibe from you that I’m going to unvote: Scalebane, vote: Sotty7.
Save for #4, I'm pretty sure that everyone has done these things. This seems a little OMGUS to me, because out of all the players in this game, you pick Sotty7, who just spent an entire post accusing you.
(2) is also unique to her. But my larger point is not what she said, but what she didn’t. Also, The reason she just spent an entire post accusing me was because I had just called her out. I explain in [175] that I’m bothered by her behavior. She defends herself in [191]. I am unsatisfied by her defense in [198] and vote her. It’s certainly not OMGUS if *I* go first.
Ixnayonthehombre [cont] wrote:I'm asking you clearly - lay down all of the infromation you have right now. Stop being so vague. I know that most of these quotes are kind of cleared up now, but at the time, you were just being vague. Please, in the future, just say all you have to say.<snip>
To not be vague: no.
There is value in keeping information hidden. (If there weren’t, then we would have massclaimed yesterday.) So information that I see reason to revealed I will reveal. (As I have done so.) Information that I feel should not be revealed, or information I am not sure about, I will not reveal.

[In the interests of making a distinction between chamber’s behavior and mine- chamber’s lynch was clearly not in his best interests, thus he should have revealed his information.]
Ixnayonthehombre [cont] wrote:Could you please explain this? "I'm talking about that there's no way for me to know that there isn't a real vigilante out there." ...? and please explain what you mean by - "I’m already going to stand or fall on the vigilante claim. "<snip>
My nameclaim will not aid in determining my guilt or innocence. Regardless of my alignment, I’m capable of killing a player. I’m going to be claiming a character for who being a vigilante would make sense, and thus a character for who a killing role would make sense, and thus who conceivably could be mafia or a SK. So the only advantage (for the town, at least) in my doing so would be to see if I get counterclaimed- and the vigilante claim, which doesn’t give any additional information away- is perfectly capable of doing so.

I am going to publicly submit my nightchoice for the town’s approval, so there will at most 1 death out of the town’s control between now and tomorrow. There is a worstcase scenario with mislynch, misvig, nightkill, and my being an unnightkillable godfather of a 3 person mafia. But if that’s what you’re worried about, a real vigilante can force a trade by counterclaiming today.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:59 am

Post by Sotty7 »

EmpTyger wrote:There’s no great advantage in my not revealing my name, just a slight advantage. But that’s an advantage nonetheless, so I’m going to take it. I have been accused by Sotty and Scalebane, among others, of withholding information. I’ve admitted this.
But it’s also true of every other player in this game.
And, to repeat myself, I have withheld the *least* of all players in this game. So I am skeptical of those suspecting me for this reason. And that’s why, until I hear better reason, I will continue to disregard the calls for me to claim.
I can see what you are trying to say here, but no else has come forward and gone,

“Guys, I was responsible for last nights kill.”

When you say something like that and expect not to be lynched or pressured you're living in a dream world. You need us to trust you so that you don't get lynched. Withholding some inforamtion isn't very trust worthy in my book.
EmpTyger wrote:But I hardly would call that “calling Scalebane out”. Considering what you have FoSed players for, I’d expect that if you genuinely did wish to call Scalebane out, you’d have at least FoSed him.
Actually when I posted that about Scalebane I was getting ready to vote him and I believe it was in between a time were you had posted a short post saying that you would be bringing up more detail soon. Since then I have found you a lot more discussion worthy than Scalebane mainly because of your claim and your choices surrounding it. This could also be due to the fact that Scalebane has basically disappeared lately maybe an attempt to stay out of the discussion/drop of peoples radar I'm not sure. Anyway, my point is I am unwilling to vote someone that you are voting right now because I am unsure of your current motives. Is that so hard to grasp? I FOS'ed Olio on a completely different matter cause I found his behavior sus. But when it come to you and Scalebane I'm torn. Would it make you feel better if I just FOS'ed you both?
EmpTyger wrote:1) Baa.
1)Nice...
2)My reasons are out there. Yours are not. I have no idea if you thought the same as me, because you never stated that you did. I am not the only person who has asked you for your reasons.
3)I'm not sure what you mean here. I thought I already said I was torn. Could you rephrase for me if I am misunderstanding?
4)I would have voted Scalebane before asking to hear his claim yes. Mainly because it would have just been you and me on his wagon at that time (if I remember correctly) and asking him to claim at two votes isn't really the best way to go about things. I would have been interested to here more of his defense but he had already responded to both you and me at this point. If he had come up with some good points I could have always unvoted. Like I said before, it would have been early on his wagon for me to have done so.

If I haven't answered your questions well enough then let me know and I'll do my best to address them again, but your willingness to jump all over me when other have shared my view points is puzzling to say the least.
Scalebane wrote:I have little to add at this point. However, I am closely following the game. I'll post something tonight or tomorrow.
Little to add? Are you kidding?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:13 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Save The Dragons wrote:And if the town wants you to reveal more, then it's obvious what they must do. If the town's not doing that, then they're not going to get it. If they keep asking, then we're talking on and on and not getting anywhere.
I guess I didn't make myself clear.

People. STOP ASKING FOR IT. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET IT. If you want it, you've gotta do it the old fashioned way, the way that the town gets information from anyone they find suspicious. Even if you believe EmpTyger is town, put some pressure. Pile some votes, and he'll be singing like a canary. That's if you really, really, want it.

But if you keep asking for it, then obviously it's not that important. So either show how much you want it, or move on. Sotty kind of got it, but still.

Unvote

That's all for now.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:52 am

Post by Scalebane »

No, I'm not kidding. Want a name claim? I've already stated why I think EmpTyger should nameclaim and that he's suspicious. He's currently the most suspicious person in the thread to me. Anix's behavior doesn't really bother me, as it seems that he is actively reading the thread but wants to stay out of the slightly stupid arguments that can arise (Chess vs. STD for example). I'm happy with where my vote is and feel little need to defend myself further although I will (of course) do so if pressed.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:45 am

Post by MeMe »

~hellllooooooo~

Those I can't imagine voting today: Chess83, EmpTyger, MeMe

Those I could totally see voting today: Sentinel99, Sotty7, AniX, Scalebane (that order)

Those I could, given a compelling argument, be talked into voting today: Ixnayonthehombre, olio, Save The Dragons
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:37 pm

Post by MeMe »

I feel so lonely I could die.

Don't
take that seriously.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:40 pm

Has sentinel been prodded and/or a replacement is being sought?

Can I get a vote count?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:13 am

Post by MeMe »

Seriously -- WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:57 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I'd agree with a sentinel prod/replacement. Actually prod for everyone would be nice, a few people have dropped of the face of the earth.

I have stopped calling for a name claim because it did seem to be grinding the town to a halt as pointed out by Olio. I still find Emp suspicious though so I won't keep quiet on that fact. Not only would we need to decide on a lynch target today but also recommendations for Emp's “vigging” so more discussion is really needed.

Scalebane is still number one on my list, but my evidence isn't really compelling. I don't like that he is trying to lurk in plain view and seemed to willing to give up a name claim (post 208)
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:19 am

Post by olio »

I'm on a work trip for the next five days. I'm unsure if I can check the thread during that time.

I'm still waiting to hear from Chess.
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:33 am

Post by Scalebane »

I'm willing to give up a name claim because I think that it, if it's needed, will help my argument for my own innocence. I'm not trying to lurk in plain sight at all, I simply have stopped finding things in people's posts to which I can respond. When the case against me is "Scalebane looks suspicious because he does" then continuing to post long posts except when directly responding to things people say (such as that I'm lurking in plain sight) is give people more material to twist around and make say whatever it is they're trying to make it say to try and "prove" that I'm guilty when that's not at all what my post says.

I will, however,
Unvote
and agree that we need to begin discussing potential lynch and a vigging target for tonight. I guess as long as EmpTyger goes along with the town, then SK or not, if he follows our vig target choices then he's an assest rather than a risk. That is, however, only true if we can choose vig targets wisely (elsewise we just accelerate our own demise) and if the mafia doesn't have some kind of role that would give them an advantage to knowing about EmpTyger's target for tonight. I'm comfortable with assuming those two things.
Chess83
Chess83
Goon
Chess83
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:08 pm

Post by Chess83 »

Okay, I am still on the road. We just happen to finally be at a hotel with internet access. This is just for tonight and now the family is talking about driving to Kansas City from East TN before going home to Mississippi... so it may be 2 more days before I post again.
Olio wrote:
chess83 wrote: Going after me for why I think Emp's information damns Scale and clears himself, all the while you have your vote resting on Scale.
Chess83 wrote: You charge after my throat when I began to go for Scalebane, while your vote is on scalebane... interesting.
These quotes up here are lies and I think you did it on purpose. You repeated the lie so it would work and at least it worked on EmpTyger, as I understood that he wants answer to those questions.

When I got bad vibe from your post Chess, I voted you. My vote didn't rest on Scalebane after that like you're saying.

I suggest Chess as a vig target for following night.
Olio, maybe my post was not written as clear as I should have made it. I did not mean to say that your vote rested on Scale while you began to charge after me, I meant to convey that you were charging after me WHEN your vote was on scale, of course you switched it to vote for me. I wrote about the fact you voted for me based on one post back in post #171. Also I am getting confused by your posts. You wrote...
Olio wrote: Like I said, your constant name-calling is distracting in my opinion. Others - including me - have given it a rest it seems to me. You have to ask yourself the question I presented to Sotty and the question by EmpTyger:
How big is the probability that there isn't a vig in this game in your opinion?
How big is the probability that EmpTyger would know that there weren’t a real vig in this game?
Then you suggest me for a vig target? Have you answered your own questions?

Also for clearification the post that spooked you was #164, if I am correct.
chess83 in 164 wrote: Okay, here is my two cents. I really have nothing to add to the discussion right now, but I want to say this. In my gut I think Emp is telling the truth. I posted earlier that I think it is [STD] and Scalebane. [That] being said I am okay with getting rid of Scale before [STD].
[unvote , VOTE: SCALEBANE]

Emp, has said that he will reveal everything in due time. I trust that. Out of safty I ask that we not exceed 4 votes on Scalebane untill said information is out and Scale has a chance to defened. I say 4 because 6 lynches, anybody dumb enough to hammer before possible damning information is out must be a scum.

My final thought is this, if Scalebane comes up clean then we take out Emp, unless Emp can convince us otherwise. Those are my two cents.
This is the corrected version, as I had made some name mistakes pointed out in the posts following 164.

So I suggest that if we do lynch Scale and he is town, that we then consider lynching emp, unless emp can convice the town otherwise... on the grounds that emp mislead the town. That seems logical to me. To me someone who leads the charge on a townie looks guilty. That is partially why I went after STD, as mentioned. He was the one who really led the charge on Chamber, not trying to dig that conversation up again.

In short Olio, u are really starting to look scummy to me personally. You are taking some heat and attetion off of scale, which is a known scum tactic, trying to save your partner.
Olio wrote: Check the last two lines. If you choose to display my previous posts, to check this - which you should - it's the post number 9.
I may be a moron but I just don't understand what you mean by this.

Also you have still not said how I tripped.
This is like the 3rd or 4th time I think I have asked.
Was it the fact that I was calling for a name? To explain that I think the mafia really does not care, personally if I were mafia all that would matter to me is that Emp was a vig, and therefore a major threat, regardless of the name. The name really only stands to help the townspeople, except that the mafia know not to claim that name. But in honesty any name could be mafia, IMO.
Olio wrote: I'm still waiting to hear from Chess.
I am on vacation with the family. As posted in #197
"Common sense knows, but it does not know what it knows NOR how it knows NOR how to correct and complement its own inadequacies." - Bernard Lonergan
5W 2L
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:32 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Sotty:
I don’t believe you.

I don’t see anything that implies that you were about to vote Scalebane before I came forward. And I don’t like how all of a sudden you’re all “Scalebane is still number one on my list,” since I don’t see you ever being anyone near that strong. Consider the deliberative analytic buildup before you voted chamber; you didn’t hesitate in trying to evaluate his situation. But with me and Scalebane, your were nearly silent until I turned the spotlight onto you. You mention a few skepticisms of me in [151], but otherwise avoid the issue so completely that you don’t even mention either of us in [173], which was only your second post since I came forward.

These to me are not the posts of someone about who was about to vote Scalebane. These to me are not the posts of someone to figure out whether I was telling the truth.

Also, by “baa” I meant it seemed like you were trying to blend in with the town.
Sotty7 [206] wrote:<snip>I can see what you are trying to say here, but no else has come forward and gone,

“Guys, I was responsible for last nights kill.”<snip>
Hypothetical question:
Temporarily assume that I’m telling the truth. What would you have done in the morning if you had discovered that you were a vigilante and your kill was the night’s only death?
Sotty7 [cont] wrote:Would it make you feel better if I just FOS'ed you both?
It might have, had you at the time. The point is that you didn’t.

Scalebane:
*We* certainly do need to start discussing potential targets. A good first step might be, um, to mention potential targets. You don’t; in fact, all you do is unvote. So, who do you think?

Also, Sotty claims that she thought you most suspicious. Did you get that feeling from her? Do you believe her?

(Lest the irony police pull me over, I am thinking Sotty should be lynched, obviously. I can see good arguments for Scalebane and AniX.)

AniX:
There is a wonderful metagame discussion to be had comparing and contrasting your, mine, and chamber’s respective obstinacies. Or, you know, you could participate. Or, you know, I could vigkill you for doing absolutely nothing to help the town.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:51 am

Post by AniX »

Emp:I am currently at mock trial camp and barely following all my games thanks tobskipping breakfast and dinner. Had I not, totally would be lost in a sea of posts.

So while I am following the game and do intend to somewhat(within the bounds of awesomeness) increase my posting to something better resembling a normal person, this is not the week to do it. So if this day ends and you are all "I AM DA VIG. WHO SHALT I KILL?" and my name is still in the mix, there isn't much I can do about that this week, barring not eating or sleeping at all. (which would most likely result in posts, yes, but they would be mostly gibberish."
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:43 am

Post by Scalebane »

I get the impression from Sotty that she thought I was the most suspicious out of the set [Scalebane, STD] which was what Chess brought up at the beginning of today. If sotty thought I was the most suspicious out of everyone in the game, I'm not really sure.

Potential Vig targets for tonight (IMO):
STD, Chess, Anix, me (in roughly that order)

Sentinel would be on the list but he seems to have simply completely dissapeared and I'm just hoping we can get a more active replacement.

EmpTyger would be on the list but ...

I know that's roughly half the town. I also am most certainly *not* going to make any sort of argument about why you should vig me. I'm not stupid.

STD: Helped lead the lynch on chamber, see some of Chess's posts.

Chess: Is currently trying to draw attention towards Olio, with the argument that Olio is trying to argue for the fact that I'm innocent when clearly chess thinks I am scum and Olio's actions therefore seem scummy. I, however, have a bit more information than that about myself, kthx.

Anix: Basically, what MeMe has said along with the fact that he's continued to "play" the game while contributing very little. Continued excuse making along with the fact that he seems convinced that the best way for him to play the game is to not play it. If you can't post, get a replacement.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:02 am

Post by EmpTyger »

AniX:
AniX [218] wrote:Emp:I am currently at mock trial camp and barely following all my games thanks tobskipping breakfast and dinner. Had I not, totally would be lost in a sea of posts.<snip>
search.php?search_author=AniX
Ixnayonthehombre
Ixnayonthehombre
Goon
Ixnayonthehombre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:14 am

Post by Ixnayonthehombre »

I will be gone for an entire week, so if that will be a problem, then just replace me. I might as well leave you with something, though. So I will just do an updated version of my first post, a PBPA of this game so far. Please forgive any spelling or gramatical mistakes.

AniX - has stayed grossly uninvolved, and even said that he will continue to post a minimal amount of material and somehow save us right before we are about to lose. Nothing but joke posts until page 3, on which he makes two posts(#66 & #68 ) saying how he doesn't like to participate in debates without conclusive, tangible evidence. It's just my opinion, but I find this need for evidence a little strange on the third page of a game. He basically says that he doesn't like to participate in arguments so early in the game, which I find ironic, because, as we now know, he doesn't like participating in arguments late in the game, either. We then don't see him for 3 pages. He comes back on the sixth page without a real defense for the accusation against him. He just states that he feels unthreatened by on vote. 2 pages later, in post #176, he explains his playstyle, which basically says he won't do much until we are in desperate need of him. At which time, he will come swooping down on some kind of magic vine, and save us from our own mistakes not finding scum. In #180 he states why he thinks chamber shouldn't have been lynched. In post #192, he explains how he interprets scumminess different from most people. About his playstyle, he says
I find games in which I use this 'wait and work' do result in my side(which is, in this current game, is town) winning more often than conventional playsyles. Call it bullshit, call it luck, call it me just wanting to be weird, but it gets results.
Personally, I'm leaning towards the former... You are a talented Mafia player, but like I said before, we need your help now. Its alright if you're at a mock trial camp(should've told us, we would've let up a little) but when you get back, you should actively join us. Actively.

Brizzy Boi - Chess's predecessor...1 post. A random vote. He was replaced for a good reason.

Chamber - Yeah, I know he was lynched, but we still need to look back on who interacted with him in what ways.
The only people really against this lynch were Sentinel99 and AniX. For the record, I was for the lynch, which is why I didn't unvote DerHammer's vote. MeMe hammered, but only with the approval of most of the town. Chess seems for it at first(#108) but later goes on to defend chamber's logic from STD.

Chess83 - Brizzy Boi's successor. He comes in on page 5(#108) saying he would have voted chamber, and genuinely thought that he was scum. Then, in post #115, he accuses STD of both leading the charge against chamber, and clouding chamber's logic. Chess says that STD is suspicious for getting chamber lynched. Chess's view on chamber changes a few times at first, but then the discussion finally gets dropped. #118, he accuses both STD and Scalebane of being Mafia. I just think his word choice is worth noting.
I am accusing you{Scalebane} and primarily STD as I feel incredible strongly that you two are in fact Mafia.
In post #122, he rips apart STD's response to his accusation, mostly because STD's post was nothing but jokes. What little logic existed in STD's post, Chess disproved. In #130, he does a lot of good logic, making decent points, ending a few arguments. Although at the end of the post, he says that he will stop chasing STD unless asked to continue. Chess, if you've got something valid to say, say it. That would benefit the town the most. In #146, he asks for more information from EmpTyger, which we now know is about as useful as a solar-powered torch. In #171, he yet again(to no avail) tries to get some more information out of EmpTyger. In #189, he defends himself from a fairly ambiguous accusation from olio. In #197, he proves that almost the entire game has asked EmpTyger to nameclaim at some point, and defends himself from a few accusations. Chess probably deserves more than what I've written, but I didn't want this post to be
too
long.

Colonel Kurtz - The infamous nightkill by EmpTyger. Started off the 'information witholding' debate...The only person who really refered to him Day 1(significantly) was Sotty7.

DerHammer - My predecessor. Two posts, both against chamber. The reason I put DerHammer and BrizzyBoi in here is so that you might be able to get a better understanding of my alignment and also Chess'.

EmpTyger - Vague. Extremely Vague. He keeps coming up with shakier and shakier reasons for witholding information. Random voting and meaningless discussion until post #61, in which he takes a fairly anti-chamber and anti-AniX stance, the latter of which he still retains. #82, he unvotes chamber and asks something of CK. #84, just two posts later, he revotes chamber and asks CK why he thinks chamber is town. Post #120, he starts his streak of not revealing information with very strangely worded post, foreshadowing what was to come. #132, same thing. #138, he claims Vig. Well, he claims something, kinda...he never really said his name or his complete role. We just know that he has some kind of killing role. 132 is an extremely unrevealing post, especially for a roleclaim. #152, he explains some things, but leaves more questions than awnsers. At least he said that he thought CK was Mafia or SK. That is probably worth noting. In #175, EmpTyger says that he will not reveal his name, and that he won't reveal his reasons for killing CK at the moment. Post #185, he pretty much asks everyone why
he
should be the one to reveal information, to which the semi-unanimus awnser was, of course,
because you roleclaimed
. #198, EmpTyger says that he won't reveal information. I'm starting to notice a pattern. In #205, he responds to my post, by repeatedly saying that he will not reveal information. Two posts worth menchaning, #203(Me) and #206(Sotty7). My advice to EmpTyger(as if he were actually going to take it), lay down some more information about your role, reasons and suspicions...and getting an avatar makes rereads easier.

MeMe - Started the argument against chamber. Takes the lead of the anti-chamber debate at the end of page 2. In #100, MeMe warns about hammering chamber. The town condones it, and MeMe hammers on page 5. In #112, she points out an interesting post by Sentinel99. For a while, she trys to analyze the nightkill,and the text, to see if it could mean anything. In #145, she asks EmpTyger to expand upon his role, which, of course, he doesn't. #157 & #159, she asks about Scalebane's seach. In #161, she analyzes AniX's playstyle and votes him. In #174, MeMe explains why she hates lurkers and AniX. #178, she calls out AniX, and later(#184) she does a full post accusing him. In #196, she switches lurkers to Sentinel99. In #209, MeMe lists people based on her voting preferences. I personally would like a bit of a deeper explanation for each one.

Olio - Shows up three times on Day 1 to voice his suspicion of chamber. Instead of just attacking his posts, Olio asks chamber to explain himself. In #147, Olio is the first one to ask for EmpTyger's role name...and is denied. In #187, Olio raises some decent points. In #193 & #194, he suggests that the name-asking end, because obviously, its getting us nowhere. In #201, Olio sets up some good points.

Save the Dragons - Comes in every once in a while in the beginning to point out some flaws in chamber's posts. No posts on pages 3 or 4, and he comes back on page 5 telling MeMe to hammer. Then, in #110, he votes AniX, IMO for lurking, but the reason STD gives is that he wanted to see what happened. #115, Chess' post, an enormous post, the bulk of which is dedicated to STD. 4 posts later, STD "defends" himself, making little more than jokes at the accusations before him. When called out upon it in #122, STD responds with a little more of an actual defense. In #140, he finally gives the reason he's voting AniX, which is basically because of AniX's playstyle, which we hadn't heard much of as of yet. After AniX posted, STD unvoted him(#149). Later, in #170, he votes AniX for the exact same reason that he voted him in #115. He comes back in #190 to clear up some things and call out EmpTyger for witholding information. In #207, he gives up asking for information from EmpTyger, and advises us to do the same.

Scalebane - He shows up and votes chamber in #33 and for good reasons. He continues on page 2 & 3 to point out more flaws in chamber's posts. In #96, Scalebane calls out MeMe. He then questions Sentinel99's logic in #105. Early in Day 2, Scalebane questions the nightkill. In #117, Scalebane responds to Chess' accusations. In #124, he defends himself against some ridiculous accusations. In #139, he calls out EmpTyger for(what else?) witholding information. He was the first one to call out EmpTyger starting about 4 pages of it. #155 & #156, he once again accuses EmpTyger of witholding information. Once again, unawnsered by EmpTyger. #182, Scalebane is still on EmpTyger's case for witholding information. Like most of the town, Scalebane spends the latter half of Day 2 on EmpTyger's case.

Sentinel99 - Against the lynch of chamber, and when called out upon it, the reason he gives is that there was nothing lynch-worthy about the debate. Hes got about 4 posts and is about to be replaced, but I'll give him one thing: his sig quote from The Prince is pretty cool.

Sotty7 - She spends the beginning of the day going after chamber, however, on page 3, she also calls out CK. In post #88, she again goes after CK. This time devoting an entire post to him. Sotty7 was called out in the beginning of Day 2, for being one of the only people to menchan CK Day 1. In #133, she calls out Chess for his accusation of STD. In #151, she questions EmpTyger's reasons for killing CK. In #173, she FOS's Olio for his vote switch. In #191, Sotty states her views on lurking and encourages us to ease up on trying to pull AniX back into the game. #206, she responds to EmpTyger's post fairly well. She then asks for a prod for another inactive, Sentinel99.
"As a cold wind blows across your shattered face, you finally realize that this is where you belong..."
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:46 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Ixnayonthehombre [221] wrote:<snip>...and getting an avatar makes rereads easier.<snip>
No surprise that 1000 words are easier for me than a picture. Ironically, though, my lack of an avatar came up 2 other times in this past day, neither connected to this site, and I had finally selected one, but just hadn’t gotten around to uploading it.
And it’s a shame I already have a title. “Extremely Vague” amuses me.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:54 pm

Post by AniX »

NOTE TO THOSE INTERESTED: This post, for those keeping track at home, took all of my lunch period and about half of my dinner to produce, then uploaded in the couple minutes I have before I go to bed. So basically, if you expect me to do anything resembling this length in the next two days, you better deliver me some food or something.

Scale: Considering I'm returning from the camp in more or less two days, no need to be replacing unless you want to, but I'm pretty sure it'd take longer than two days to find and inform a player. Your choice though.

Emp: Did you happen to look at the posts you are "citing"? Its quite literally basically crude humor involving wrestling,penises/sex, and me talking about how awesome my "sense of smell/11th hour/whatever gimmick I want to use today" is (And all are short 1 word to 2 sentances with the exception of the BUP post, which was actually typed up on the 3-hour carride). Hardly to the level of participation you are asking me to do this week. When I said I couldn't begin my "EmpTyger demands AniXpost-a-thon." this week, I meant I couldn't post with any quality. I can do arrogance and crude humor in my sleep, so if that’s what you want, let me know. Its thoughtful stuff I am going to have trouble producing, both because this camp is draining my mental resources (shoving 3 months of work into a week. YOU'LL RUE CROSSING ME, NYS!...but I digress.) but also because I basically don't have the time to do so.

Ix:
Ixnayonthehombre wrote:Later, in post #176, he explains his playstyle, which basically says he won't do much until we are in desperate need of him. At which time, he will come swooping down on some kind of magic vine, and save us from our own mistakes not finding scum.

Well, its actually more of a Batman-esque swoop from the rafters. But I think you caught the basic idea.
Ixnayonthehombre wrote:Personally, I'm leaning towards the former... You are a talented Mafia player, but like I said before, we need your help now. **snip** when you get back, you should actively join us. Actively.

I'm pretty sure my skills in mafia are sub par at best. Its my arrogance that’s talented. But yeah, I'll attempt to be more of Superman than a Batman, if you catch my really geek metaphor.
Ixnayonthehombre wrote:Its alright if you're at a mock trial camp(should've told us, we would've let up a little)
Well, to be honest, I didn't think anyone would notice. I posted it in the vacation thread just in case, but since I could still get on (albeit minimally), I thought I could try to avoid to join the increasing list of "people on official vacations from this game." I didn't think anyone would even miss me. "Where is AniX?" "Uhh..pretty sure he is doing that dumbass 11th Hour thing he always does. Just accuse him of lurking and he'll show up and bitch and moan about it." "Ah, yes, of course."

If this came across as a little bit jokeish, its because my brain is completely devoid of logic. I am the anti-robot and such things of that nature.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:09 pm

Ixnay. I never specifically requested Emp's role, and I was meerly asking people to either vote emp or just drop it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”