Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:53 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

EBWOP: Well prodded isn't exactly the right word, but go back and look for yourself.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:14 pm

Post by mathcam »

Turbo wrote:three word name is definitely scum. If he was town, he's cult by now after that demonstration of his ability.
Hm. This is actually a pretty strong point against TWN. The one thing that lessens this is that if recruits lose their ability, then the cult doesn't have much use for him, and he's a pretty massive kill target. The cult would surely prefer innocuous townies who are going to be around forever. On that note, why isn't he dead? Either the scum groups are trying only to shoot each other, or this is another pretty strong mark against twn.

Cam
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:37 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Interesting; neither three word name, Turbovolver, nor ibaesha chose to hammer me, even though they had the chance.

In re-reading, I notice very subtle agreement between Turbovolver / Sotty7 and mathcam. They seem to attack other people separately, but never seem to attack each other.

At this point...I think Turbovolver / Sotty7 and mathcam are in the same group, either scums or cult.

I'm willing to follow ibaesha's hunch, and lynch Turbovolver.

Unvote

Vote: Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:50 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Mathcam wrote:Hm. This is actually a pretty strong point against TWN. The one thing that lessens this is that if recruits lose their ability, then the cult doesn't have much use for him, and he's a pretty massive kill target. The cult would surely prefer innocuous townies who are going to be around forever. On that note, why isn't he dead? Either the scum groups are trying only to shoot each other, or this is another pretty strong mark against twn.
Why would it matter if he keeps his ability or not? The first reaction to lynch protection seems to be "yep, town", so I'd think cult would want him on their team (and killing scums would probably want him dead, not sure what happened there). I thought he said he only had one-shot lynch protection anyway (he was lying when he claimed fully unlynchable).
Lloyd wrote:At this point...I think Turbovolver / Sotty7 and mathcam are in the same group, either scums or cult.
I don't know about Sotty, but I'm expecting a legit cop in the game and so without counterclaim, Mathcam is it.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:30 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Heh. You replaced Sotty. Might be something you'd wanna know.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:27 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Yeah I know, what I meant by that was if she was avoiding Mathcam or whatever I don't know why.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:18 am

Post by armlx »

Vote Count
Lloyd- 2 (WoLG, Mathcam)
Turbo- 2 (Ibaesha, Lloyd)
TWN- 1 (Turbo)

Not Voting: Viper, TWN

7 alive, 4 to lynch
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:46 am

Post by mathcam »

Turbovolver wrote: Why would it matter if he keeps his ability or not? The first reaction to lynch protection seems to be "yep, town", so I'd think cult would want him on their team (and killing scums would probably want him dead, not sure what happened there). I thought he said he only had one-shot lynch protection anyway (he was lying when he claimed fully unlynchable).
My point was exactly that -- that scum would want him dead, and the cult's main strength is having people alive, thereby making him a not-so-prime target.
Lloyd wrote: In re-reading, I notice very subtle agreement between Turbovolver / Sotty7 and mathcam. They seem to attack other people separately, but never seem to attack each other.
Interesting, I thought the same about you and TWN, who probably not coincidentally, are also the two people I find most suspicious. viper's probably in third, with the rest of the crew ranging from "probably innocent" to "not that scummy."

One random note: I think that Lloyd and TWN are the only two people to vote for themselves all game. A coincidence? Or a condition needed to earn their cult recruitment for the night?

Cam
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:48 pm

Post by Lloyd »

mathcam wrote:One random note: I think that Lloyd and TWN are the only two people to vote for themselves all game. A coincidence? Or a condition needed to earn their cult recruitment for the night?
A coincidence.

Your conditional theory is flawed.

The only known cult member in this game, GreenLiquid, never voted for himself at all.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:58 pm

Post by mathcam »

Okay, a fair observation, but hardly a theory-killer. Maybe only the recruiter has to do it, or any of a hundred possible other explanations.

A thought on TWN: If he was mafia, why would he have confessed that his lynch immunity was 1-shot? An unlynchable player seems pretty nearly guaranteed pro-town, so he doesn't have much to gain by making that revelation.

Yup, Lloyd's keeping my vote.

Cam
three word name
three word name
Goon
three word name
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:11 pm

Post by three word name »

I honestly have no clue as to why i wasnt killed last night
almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:58 am

Post by Lloyd »

mathcam wrote:Okay, a fair observation
[...]
Yup, Lloyd's keeping my vote.
I make a fair observation, yet I keep your vote. I think you're grasping for reasons to vote for me :)

In re-reading, I notice that you are approaching viper0933 differently than HairyCarey (when you preferred lynching HarieyCarey over xGreyJoyx).

- Post 334 - xGreyjoyX and HairyCarey tie with 2 votes
- Post 338 - You push for HairyCarey's lynch, because you want to revive the game with a new day
- Post 342 - Between xGreyjoyX and HairyCarey, you rather lynch HaireyCarey. You would rather lynch HairyCarey because he's holding the game up
- Post 345 - You're not convinced by Coron's argument that xGreyJoyx is scum yet
- Post 353 - You wrote, "I think it behooves us to lynch someone who's not helping out"

With HairyCarey, you wanted to start a new day sooner by lynching him (over lynching xGreyJoyx), because HairyCarey was unhelpful.

Yet...With viper0933 today, who's also been unhelpful, you only find him as your 3rd most suspicious suspect.

How come you are approaching HairyCarey and viper0933's behaviors differently?

Or, has viper0933 / Thoth's past actions indicated innocence to you?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:53 am

Post by mathcam »

Lloyd wrote: I make a fair observation, yet I keep your vote. I think you're grasping for reasons to vote for me
My original vote on you was not motivated by my theory-in-passing that self-voters were likely scum. That you made an argument that might not be the best theory doesn't affect my night investigation of you. Plus, it's not like scum can't make good points.
Lloyd wrote: How come you are approaching HairyCarey and viper0933's behaviors differently?
When we were lynching HC, I didn't have any strong opinions on who was scum. Barring anything like that, I'd prefer to go after a lurker. Today, I don't think we're in that position. viper's actions have not indicated innocence to me -- in fact, he's my third most suspicious, as I mentioned in my previous post.

Cam
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:39 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Mathcam's explanation there seems fair enough, but something else has been bothering me.

Mathcam, weren't you one of the original supporters of lynch all liars?
three word name
three word name
Goon
three word name
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:47 pm

but he had to lie to not be rolebolocked so that he could keep on investigating people and find scum.
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:28 pm

Post by Turbovolver »

Yes, I understand arguments against the concept of LAL. I'm not a big believer in it myself.

The point is, someone who advocates LAL shouldn't be lying. If the town were following LAL, Mathcam would be lynched as soon as he claimed he wasn't in fact one-shot.
Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Lloyd
Vote Lloyd
Vote Lloyd

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:29 pm

Post by Lloyd »

Hi armlx

Please prod both 1) viper0933 and 2) WellofLostGnomes

With 2 1/2 days left until the deadline, I'd like to hear their inputs at this point.

Thanks in advance.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:14 am

Post by mathcam »

Turbovolver wrote: Mathcam, weren't you one of the original supporters of lynch all liars?
Nope, quite the opposite.

Cam
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:50 am

Post by Turbovolver »

OK. I thought it was on your quiz but maybe I mis-remembered the question.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:25 am

Post by armlx »

75 hours till deadline....
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
three word name
three word name
Goon
three word name
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:48 am

what quiz?
Turbovolver
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Turbovolver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:26 am

Post by Turbovolver »

A whole bunch of people on the site made quizzes about themselves, and Mathcam's had a question about a mafia phrase he subscribed to, IIRC. I thought the correct answer was LAL. The thread's somewhere in General Discussion I think.
WellofLostGnomes
WellofLostGnomes
Townie
WellofLostGnomes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:20 pm

Post by WellofLostGnomes »

There is only one new thing that I want to bring up: llyod's obervation about the 3 players not hammering him irked me a bit. If they we're cult buddies with him, assuming he is cult, they would not want to lynch him. If he was not cult, and they were, they could have decided not to lynch him in order to keep from having to defend it tomorrow.
[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/TruthsToldAsLies/WellOfLostGnomes.jpg[/img][quote=D_M]BTW- I'm vulnerable tonight as apparently WOLG's saggy boobs disgusted me.[/quote]
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:11 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I feel very strongly about Turbovolver being scum. I don't feel as strongly about Lloyd. In fact, he's third on my list after Viper. When Lloyd voted himself, I didn't believe the right play was to skip over my top two suspicions to hammer him.

Apparently I'm not joined in my suspicion about Turbo, however, outside of 3word. I also don't believe no lynching is a good way for us to go with today.

unvote; vote Lloyd
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:04 pm

Post by armlx »

Vote Count
Lloyd- 3 (WoLG, Mathcam, Ibaesa)
Turbo- 1 (Lloyd)