Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:28 pm

Post by Coron »

MC quit being a frickin moron. It is the items in the office that allow him to do things at night(or perhaps during the day?) not the skills that he may have.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:41 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Sorry guys, I missed the reopening of day (mmm, surgery).

From the way my PM is worded, the items in the office make up the night actions. Looks like changing office is changing roles. I highly doubt, though, that alignment would change. You're still an evil bastard, even if you're an evil bastard in a different office.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:41 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Look again, Colonel. He claimed the role (or you thought he did, and since this is all about what you thought, it comes to the same thing for purposes of this post) of office rearranger, pro-town. You voted him because "it was really stupid and arrogant of you to say that you rearranged the offices. You saying that screams scum to me because if doing that really messes with roles, then it occurs to me that only a scum member would want people to not be able to act on suspicions. If I were a mafia role-rearranger ... I would claim that I did it, but that I was pro-town because it's very difficult to get a flavor read out of just that ability."
1. In calling it stupid and arrogant, you imply that it was bad pro-town play. Implicitly, you're accepting that his claim, if true, is pro-town; yet you go on to say that the claim is true and anti-town. This looks like you're trying to get the role lynched.
2. "If I were a mafia role-rearranger ... I would claim that I did it, but that I was pro-town." Then you don't consider it a stupid and arrogant move at all; it's what you would do!
3. "
t's very difficult to get a flavor read out of just that ability." But above you said only scum could have that ability; that was the centerpiece of your argument against Lordy. You seem to have gotten a flavor read out of just the ability with remarkable ease if that's the case.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:19 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I'm back from my weekend away. While I think the lordy bandwagon is unjustified, what with it largely being because he's being stupid, I can't find anyone specific on it to be enormously suspicious of. I think the silent speaker's read on Colonel Kurtz is a little strong, since, again, I'd just be inclined to call him stupid. My main suspicion yesterday was TheCesspit, but he's posted a couple of times today and didn't jump on the easy lordy bandwagon, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, for now. So no vote, for now.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:29 pm

Post by Yaw »

Surgery? Hope you're better, Brian.

Vote Count:

lordy (8): ibaesha, SpamWise, Mastermind of Sin, bluemonick, Yosarian2, BabyJesus, PookyTheMagicalBear, Fritzler
ibaesha (1): lordy
Colonel Kurtz (3): the silent speaker, Harry_Potter, Masterchief
the silent speaker (2): mystery meat of doom, Colonel Kurtz

Not Voting: armlx, Brian McQueso, Coron, zu_Faul, Fuldu, Max, MrBuddyLee, spectrumvoid, TheCesspit

12 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
Colonel Kurtz
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:38 pm

Post by Colonel Kurtz »

Ok, I'm just going to annotate your post because trying to respond to all of it would be too confusing. My notes are in bold.

Look again, Colonel. He claimed the role (or you thought he did, and since this is all about what you thought, it comes to the same thing for purposes of this post) of office rearranger, pro-town.
He didn't claim alignment before I voted for him (unless I missed something), so I really don't understand why you keep saying that I already knew that.
You voted him because "it was really stupid and arrogant of you to say that you rearranged the offices. You saying that screams scum to me because if doing that really messes with roles, then it occurs to me that only a scum member would want people to not be able to act on suspicions. If I were a mafia role-rearranger ... I would claim that I did it, but that I was pro-town because it's very difficult to get a flavor read out of just that ability."
1. In calling it stupid and arrogant, you imply that it was bad pro-town play. Implicitly, you're accepting that his claim, if true, is pro-town; yet you go on to say that the claim is true and anti-town. This looks like you're trying to get the role lynched.
No, I didn't, why are you assuming that I thought he was pro-town when I said specifically that I thought he was scum? You can't just make stuff up and expect people to not notice.

2. "If I were a mafia role-rearranger ... I would claim that I did it, but that I was pro-town." Then you don't consider it a stupid and arrogant move at all; it's what you would do!
I consider myself a pretty stupid and arrogant player, and if I were him I would make the same move because I would assume that I could claim without fear of repercussions.

3. "
t's very difficult to get a flavor read out of just that ability." But above you said only scum could have that ability; that was the centerpiece of your argument against Lordy. You seem to have gotten a flavor read out of just the ability with remarkable ease if that's the case.
I never said that I only thought that about his ability, my problem was how he said it so openly that he did that.

So basically, you either completely misunderstood everything I said, or you're trying to twist my words to start a wagon. I am completely happy with my vote on you.
[/b]
Load your program
I am your self
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:43 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Kurtz, please try to use quote-tags when you're quoting people. It's difficult to read what you just posted.
Colonel Kurtz
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:58 pm

Post by Colonel Kurtz »

I ordinarily do, but I thought an annoted post in quotes would be more confusing. I suppose there would be more ways than that to handle it, but since I've already posted it and it's really not all that hard if you try to think outside of the mold, I think you'll manage.
Load your program
I am your self
lordy
lordy
Goon
lordy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:39 am

Post by lordy »

I DID NOT CLAIM!!!! NOR DID I CLAIM ALIGNMENT! DO YOU GUYS EVEN BOTHER TO READ MY POSTS, OR ARE YOU ALL JUST SCUM WHO JUST WANT TO CONJURE A LYNCH OUT OF YOUR ASRE SO YOU CAN MOVE ON TO NIGHT AND KILL?
\back after months away from the game.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:55 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'll be away for 2 days because I'm very busy right now (I'm entering the uni, so I have to spend a lot of time meeting teachers, bidding for modules, going for orientation and stuff). I haven't read what's been going on since my last post, but I'll review it when I'm back.
Blank.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:05 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

lordy wrote:I DID NOT CLAIM!!!! NOR DID I CLAIM ALIGNMENT! DO YOU GUYS EVEN BOTHER TO READ MY POSTS, OR ARE YOU ALL JUST SCUM WHO JUST WANT TO CONJURE A LYNCH OUT OF YOUR ASRE SO YOU CAN MOVE ON TO NIGHT AND KILL?
No one thinks you did, Lordy; Kurtz is just defending himself based on what he thought you said.

Lordy, if you want to avoid being lynched, you have to chill out and answer the questions I've been asking you. You know, actually respond to the people who are accusing you, instead of flipping out over a mostly irrelevent side issue and typing in all caps that everyone who suspects you is scum.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:47 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

lordy wrote:I DID NOT CLAIM!!!! NOR DID I CLAIM ALIGNMENT! DO YOU GUYS EVEN BOTHER TO READ MY POSTS, OR ARE YOU ALL JUST SCUM WHO JUST WANT TO CONJURE A LYNCH OUT OF YOUR ASRE SO YOU CAN MOVE ON TO NIGHT AND KILL?
Why are you squirming so much? If you are protown, it shouldn't be so hard to answer the questions we've put to you, but you're avoiding them like they're the gates to Hell or something. It's really not that difficult...
Permanent V/LA.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:55 am

Post by BabyJesus »

we're all scum. sorry dude.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:04 pm

Post by armlx »

Vote Colonel Kurtz

Something just doesn't tick here.... Lordy I've seen act this way before i think and his role makes sense.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:12 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

What are you talking about? What role?
Buy mystery meat.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:36 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

armlx wrote:
Vote Colonel Kurtz

Something just doesn't tick here.... Lordy I've seen act this way before i think and his role makes sense.
Um, did you notice that all-caps thing a few posts up? Lordy has not claimed yet.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:40 pm

Post by Yaw »

lordy in the V/LA thread wrote:I will be gone 2-9 August in a scout Jamboree In Japan.
I don't intend to replace him for a week long absence.
Success breeds suspicion
lordy
lordy
Goon
lordy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:25 pm

Post by lordy »

Yosarian2 wrote:
lordy wrote:I suspect the moving of offices has to do with the moving of roles.

As such, if im correct, ibby is now a cute little townie.

Awwww.
First of all, I got confused with the switching of offices, but how do you know that Jack Johnson's office was that of a vanillia townie?

Second of all, if you do know that for some non-public reason, why would you share that information with the scum?

And third of all, if I understand the nature of the game and if you are right that Jack Johnson's office was empty, that dosn't mean she's a vanillia townie; it just means she's a vanillia townie
if she's a good guy
. Alignments and abilites are supposed to be completlly unlinked in this game.
Q1. Answer= I mean the office of the person who was lynched yesterday. He was vanilla, and I screwed up the part about messing up the offices in my head.

Q2.Ans. It was a theory, a guess.

Q3. It was a guess.
\back after months away from the game.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:57 pm

Post by ibaesha »

unvote

vote MBL
Again. I want him talking.

Basically, I'm not impressed with how lordy has behaved today. It bothers me quite a bit, and his vote is very misplaced, especially when it's based on incorrect theory (as far as I'm concerned) and has nothing to do with my behavior. Fair warning, if someone attempts to out my role for no legitimate reason without provocation in any game, they will receive my vote. If it isn't scummy, it's bad play and it affects me directly.

At this point, I'm feeling that lordy has played badly here, but may not be scum. The speed of his wagon was incredibly fast, and may contain opportunistic scum.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:02 am

Post by zu_Faul »

vote: armlx

RTFP
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:21 am

Post by armlx »

I'm confused, I thought he claimed role swapper. OR did he claim his role was swapped. Or did anyone claim role swappers?????

I'm so confused......
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:33 am

Post by Max »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Max wrote: Yos Have you lost your role now your room is gone
Is there any specific reason you think it'd help if I say what my role is at the moment?
I'm saying did your role change when you moved room
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:59 am

Post by the silent speaker »

I'm confused, I thought he claimed role swapper. OR did he claim his role was swapped. Or did anyone claim role swappers?????

I'm so confused......
No. He said something which people
mistook
for a roleswapper claim, but he never claimed anything intentionally.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:15 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Max wrote: I'm saying did your role change when you moved room
I know what you are asking, I'm just wondering if there's any benifit to the town in me saying what role I have now, if any. Unless there's a reason to do so, no sense in letting the scum know if I'm a good target or not.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:37 am

Post by Fuldu »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Max wrote: I'm saying did your role change when you moved room
I know what you are asking, I'm just wondering if there's any benifit to the town in me saying what role I have now, if any. Unless there's a reason to do so, no sense in letting the scum know if I'm a good target or not.
I think the question Max is asking is not a totally unreasonable one, but unless I'm misinterpreting the opening post, it doesn't actually apply to Yosarian. Max, Yosarian doesn't appear to have "moved" rooms, it's just that the state of the room that he's in has changed. And for that, I agree that he shouldn't share that information with the group (and, in consequence, scum).
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”