MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:15 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

In post 2796, Teleporting Speed Hippos wrote:MoI, did you know you were fakehammering?

I think it should be obvious that other head knew exactly what he was doing. Actually other head, dana and I had a discussion about how doing so was probably a bad move given it faked out Vi ...

In post 2798, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
There's the fact that I don't do remotely unconventional things as scum that don't involve claiming, so I wouldn't have played follow SpyreX on day one as scum. On day two if I was scum I would've given absolutely no fucks about his country claim, and then today I only throw AtEs like this as town, I've tried to fake it as scum in the past but it's never been close to capturing my town irritation.

Sheeping Spyrex is hardly unconvential for you - you sheeping is pretty standard DDD behavior and is easy to replicate as scum. The only reason I gave it so much attention Day 1 is you chose Spyrex who is either scum or just terrible and your reasoning made no sense.

Giving 'two-fucks' about a country claim is an easily faked stance so that hardly is compelling or unconvential.

AtE - nope I don't give two fucks about you trying to sell that as a Town tell.

Anything else? Otherwise vote stays pending claim.
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:19 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 2800, MaguaofIllusion wrote:Sheeping Spyrex is hardly unconvential for you - you sheeping is pretty standard DDD behavior and is easy to replicate as scum. The only reason I gave it so much attention Day 1 is you chose Spyrex who is either scum or just terrible and your reasoning made no sense.

Giving 'two-fucks' about a country claim is an easily faked stance so that hardly is compelling or unconvential.

AtE - nope I don't give two fucks about you trying to sell that as a Town tell.

Don't worry I knew you weren't going to listen at all; you, Glork, and GreyICE are all in alpha dog, "I can't possibly be wrong" mode so I could've laid out a thirty game town meta detailing the reason for every post I made and you would've brushed it aside. Just an FYI, it takes more stones to step back and admit you might be wrong than to buckle down and insist on being wrong.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:23 am

Post by Alchemist »

DDD this is not how you stop a lynch from happening fyi

Is he acting within his meta?
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:24 am

In post 2801, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Just an FYI, it takes more stones to step back and admit you might be wrong than to buckle down and insist on being wrong

Funny you say this because are still softly floating the concept that our slot could be anything but Town today (we are not Town reads on your wagon and despite you saying "We need confirmation" the MoI faked his Masonize was clearly pointing in that direction) is indication that you haven't yourself done anything of the sort.

You are at L-1. If you have a claim worth making do it now before Glork power-hammers you. Fair warning.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:24 am

So who is going to step up? Who is going to show some courage and back off this miserable lynch instead of getting sucked into the void of irrationally wrong confidence? There has to be someone who is voting for me already who actually has a fucking spine.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:25 am

In post 2802, Alchemist wrote:Is he acting within his meta?

Stop running to the meta well. It's pointless and a waste of time to keep asking when meta is one of the weakest reasons ever to excuse scummy behavior. It bit you in the ass in FF6 Mafia. I thought you would have learned.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:26 am

Post by Alchemist »

No I just want to know if this is how he acts if a wagon is on him. I want to know if he's the type of player who never claims. Its relevant information.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:28 am

In post 2804, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:So who is going to step up? Who is going to show some courage and back off this miserable lynch instead of getting sucked into the void of irrationally wrong confidence? There has to be someone who is voting for me already who actually has a fucking spine.

Your play has been scummy and your votes crappy. 3 scum and a likely Serial Killer are already down.

There is no visable reason not to lynch you based on these facts. If you want to AtE instead of proactively taking the action that might clear you go ahead and hang.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:28 am

Post by Alchemist »

In post 2804, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:So who is going to step up? Who is going to show some courage and back off this miserable lynch instead of getting sucked into the void of irrationally wrong confidence? There has to be someone who is voting for me already who actually has a fucking spine.

Erm, doesn't it take more spine to hammer someone who is basically going all-in with AtE and heavily implying he's a power role?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:28 am

In post 2803, MaguaofIllusion wrote:Funny you say this because are still softly floating the concept that our slot could be anything but Town today (we are not Town reads on your wagon and despite you saying "We need confirmation" the MoI faked his Masonize was clearly pointing in that direction) is indication that you haven't yourself done anything of the sort.

I'll fully admit to not thinking you were town when this day started, I will fully admit to wanting confirmation once you claimed again; now that I have it I'm not going to vote for you today, or tomorrow, or at all unless I'm given some majorly compelling reason to vote you. See how the facts changed and my opinion changed, yeah.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:32 am

In post 2806, Alchemist wrote:No I just want to know if this is how he acts if a wagon is on him. I want to know if he's the type of player who never claims. Its relevant information.

Road to Wrestlemania.

Unvote, read link, don't plan on re-voting.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:34 am

In post 2808, Alchemist wrote:

Erm, doesn't it take more spine to hammer someone who is basically going all-in with AtE and heavily implying he's a power role?

Nah, no one other than possibly Nikanor is going to be held accountable for this stupidity; there's no incentive for anyone to unvote when they can all hide behind Arrogance Inc.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:41 am

MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:42 am

Can someone with good flavor knowledge clue me on on Nexus's flip? I'm guessing that Imperial Prince Julius is not from Danien proper. Is this correct?
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:45 am

Post by Alchemist »

I'm thinking about it
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:47 am

In post 2814, Alchemist wrote:I'm thinking about it

Just like you thought that Mist Beauty couldn't possible fake-hammer and AtE as scum, right?
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:48 am

Post by Alchemist »

Naw, I was lying about that. I just didn't bring up MB-scum in that game because I was hoping she would be NK'd or would just go away.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:49 am

Post by Alchemist »

The thing is I do think Nikanor is scum and I do have extreme reservations about this post

In post 2682, Nikanor wrote:???

I'm not implying anything. I just really think that DDD is scum.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:52 am

In post 2817, Alchemist wrote:The thing is I do think Nikanor is scum and I do have extreme reservations about this post

Then let's explore that space; give me a fighting chance Tim. I'm getting railroaded simply because of laziness, arrogance, and the fact that I won't play conventionally here when I know it's not in the town's best interest for me to do so.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:56 am

In post 2818, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Then let's explore that space; give me a fighting chance Tim. I'm getting railroaded simply because of laziness, arrogance, and the fact that I won't play conventionally here when I know it's not in the town's best interest for me to do so

Well laziness (your sheeping as opposed to being willing to scum-hunt on your own) and arrogance (every post today) are apt reasons, aside from your general scummy play, that you are getting wagonned.

Here's a hint - given lots of people feel you are scum no-one really cares whether you think not claiming is 'best for Town'. Town is in a pretty darn good spot right now (and if my set-up theory is correct could be in a much better spot than is generally known). We are hardly in a position where things are dire.

Glork
-

========[]
[]========
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:57 am

Post by Alchemist »

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:05 am

In post 2819, MaguaofIllusion wrote:Here's a hint - given lots of people feel you are scum no-one really cares whether you think not claiming is 'best for Town'. Town is in a pretty darn good spot right now (and if my set-up theory is correct could be in a much better spot than is generally known). We are hardly in a position where things are dire.

Ah so you plan on pulling a Scummies Winvitational and since the town is ahead you can fuck up as many times as you want until suddenly the town loses; clever strategy.

Sure I've tried to fake the same reaction before as well, doesn't exactly work when there's actually a cop guilty on you. Note the "didn't claim" thing didn't come into play there and I've only not done that as town; if that town had asked for a claim I probably would've given them one.

~~

And if Glork quickhammers given my softclaim I reserve full rights to mock him forever.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:09 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 2817, Alchemist wrote:The thing is I do think Nikanor is scum and I do have extreme reservations about this post

Nikanor is very likely town, though. People shamelessly sheeped him on that wagon and then will use the excuse that "I thought it was an investigation!" when he has already clarified it's not. :/

MaguaofIllusion--Yurius. Tarhalindur roles usually break the continuity/main theme flavor (see MoCO's Penn Jillette, Tiger MetaTiger's kid!DGB + TIGER JoaT, Back Room's Dan Anix), and this one is no different.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:10 am

Post by Alchemist »

unvote
vote: nikanor
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2824 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:12 am

In post 2823, Alchemist wrote:
unvote
vote: nikanor

I'm glad I have an office and not a cubicle so no one just saw the triple fist pump I just did. We can do this, si se puede, yes we can.

And Tierce, what I want to know is why Nikanor is likely town?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”