Magic: The Gathering,GO TEAM MS!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:31 am

Post by Kinetic »

I finally broke down and got MTGOnline.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

lame.

I refuse to reinstall. I REFUSE.

EDIT: oh well apparently I already had it installed on my desktop
green shirt thursdays
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

I'm going to do an AVR swiss. Or an 8-4, not sure. Anyone else wanna play?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I just reinstalled MTGO; was thinking about attempting a first real draft.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

My name on mtgo is JediShadow
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Post by AGar »

Do a 12-6, or an 8-4 if you don't have the extra 3 tix.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

I don't know that I'm confident enough to go into an 8-4, I like that if I can go 2-1, my next draft is less than half price.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:11 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

Gonna try that 8-4. I saw absolutely no blue come my way.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by Shadow1psc »

2-0 match one.

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:43 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Not tech savvy to post a screen shot on the fly, but got a Boros Human deck. 2x Riot Ringleader, 2x Goldnight Commander, 3x Thatcher Revolt. Won R1 2-1 against UG annoying combat tricks.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

R2 opponent flakes out, and I get a time limit win into the finals.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So there's the deck. Won the finals against a 5-color durdle deck. Game 2 was awesome, though- had Kruin Striker, Riot Ringleader, and Goldnight Commander in play against a Craterhoof Behemoth. Then Thatcher Revolt for the win. Exactly what I pictured when I was drafting.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:44 am

Post by AGar »

Two Commanders? Wow.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:47 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

The prospect of Champion of the Parish + Thatcher's Revolt + Cathar's Crusade is enough to make me want to turn my monowhite deck into redwhite.
green shirt thursdays
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by bv310 »

Wound up with this monstrosity in a 12-6 draft. Hoping for the best.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Post by bv310 »

These are awful quality, but some pictures of my new spare-card hobby:

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

SHIT that's cool.
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

My sister's a magic fanatic, and she made a few, too:
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Post by bv310 »

I saw that Wolf one on someone's thread on MTGS as a commission. Your sister's got some skill.

If you get to talk to her, find out where she gets her pins for the beads, and also where she gets the small beads. Also also, find out how she got that plastic sleeve thing in the Swamp one. What kind of glue does she use?

My next goal is going to be with either:

or

Frivolity
Frivolity
Watcher
Frivolity
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Post by Frivolity »

In post 818, bv310 wrote:I saw that Wolf one on someone's thread on MTGS as a commission. Your sister's got some skill.

If you get to talk to her, find out where she gets her pins for the beads, and also where she gets the small beads. Also also, find out how she got that plastic sleeve thing in the Swamp one. What kind of glue does she use?

Haha, this is Sudo's sister :D I figured since he linked this to me, then immediately left for work, I ought to make an account and reply. Or something.

Firstly, thanks! I've only made the ones pictured, so it's nice to hear they look good for first tries!

The wires are from a plain ol' hardware store, just ask about straight, super thin wiring. I wish they'd come in silver, but brass was all they had there but the color seems to look alright with most cards.

I got the beads from JoAnn's, the craft store. You can find them in the jewelery making section of the store, they're the ones I got come in little plastic tubes and are called "6/0 Czech Glass E-Beads" and, minus a few weird ones in the tube, they fit perfectly on the wires I got. Try to get the tiny wires first, then bring one with you to get beads, the tubes are openable, and you can make sure that they fit before you buy them (since they're kinda... weirdly expensive for beads.)

The plastic sleeve I cut into the right size to fit over just the image part of the card with a little overlay (just enough so I could glue it to the card below it and above it without it sticking out the sides), then glued in place underneath the very top layer of cards (I always cut a just-the-border layer for the top).

As for glue... believe it or not, I just use Elmer's "Washable Gel School Glue Stick" it was all I had handy, and it works just fine. It gives me time to position the layers appropriately against each other, then it dries fairly quickly and solidly.

And the most important thing to remember when making the 3d cards: always, always, *always* use a sharp x-acto knife. Anything less than very sharp gives you some icky cuts. You can see the difference between the swamp, which was the first one made and I used the only blade I had at the time which was old and dull, and the Instill Infection, where I used a brand new, very sharp blade.

I also recommend coloring the inside edges in with a sharpie, 'cause the insides of magic cards are white, and they kinda kill the 3d effect by sticking out so poignantly. I have... all the sharpie colors, so I do a little bit of color matching on a spare card, and do the best I can to use the right colors. When doing this, if you go in from the back side of the card with the sharpie, you get fewer crazy doodle marks on the front side of the card.

If you have any questions, IM me... or Sudo. Probably Sudo. He'll get back to you faster on here, lol.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

fuck sudo, let's get her to stick around
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 820, xRECKONERx wrote:fuck sudo, let's get her to stick around

:(
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:46 am

Post by bv310 »

In post 820, xRECKONERx wrote:fuck sudo, let's get her to stick around

You know, I was thinking the same thing.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:46 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I quite enjoy the swamp one.