Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:43 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

lordy (8): ibaesha, SpamWise, Mastermind of Sin, Colonel Kurtz, bluemonick, Yosarian2, BabyJesus, PookyTheMagicalBear
SpamWise (1): Masterchief
ibaesha (1): lordy

Not Voting: armlx, Brian McQueso, Coron, zu_Faul, Fritzler, Fuldu, Harry_Potter, Max, MrBuddyLee, mystery meat of doom, spectrumvoid, TheCesspit, the silent speaker,

12 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
Colonel Kurtz
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:29 pm

Post by Colonel Kurtz »

Well, I suppose that what I really find suspicious about him claiming his ability was that if his ability is really to rearrange roles, then it is extremely stupid of him to tell us what it is, because the mafia would definitely want him dead. Unless, of course, that he is mafia. Additionally, I don't like him expecting us to just assume that his role was pro-town, when his reasons for outing himself were so scummy... Then there's the whole outing a vanilla townie thing....I'm definitely happy with my vote.
Load your program
I am your self
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:28 am

Post by SpamWise »

When did Lordy claim he could move offices? He said
lordy wrote:Actually, no I messed up the offices.
but I don't think that was an actual claim.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
lordy
lordy
Goon
lordy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:54 am

Post by lordy »

I didn't claim you stupid arsefarcks. What I meant was that I messed up IN MY BRAIN who got whose office.

And since spam was acting scummy yesterday AND TODAY, I believe that ibby got a scummy role, based on office spectaculation.
\back after months away from the game.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:44 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I'm more suspicious of the people who so quickly hopped onto the lordy wagon, rather than lordy himself. Also the people who accused him of claiming when he didn't.
Blank.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:10 am

Post by Fritzler »

Vote: lordy
Surfs up dude.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:45 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Spectrumvoid, I was about to vote Col. Kurtz for saying Lordy claimed, then went back and saw the "messed up the offices" line. The first time around I thought Lordy meant what he said he meant, so it didn't click, but in retrospect I could see the claim interpretation. What I'm kind of circling around here is that thinking Lordy said he claimed isn't scummy by itself, since there were legitimate grounds to think he had. Though I agree the Lordy bandwagon bears looking at closely.

In re-retrospect, though, Col. Kurtz voted Lordy
for claiming a pro-town role.
Vote: Colonel Kurtz
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Harry_Potter
Harry_Potter
Goon
Harry_Potter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:59 pm

Post by Harry_Potter »

Now that is reasoning I can get behind.

vote Col. Kurtz
Show
Record on this site-
T/M/N- 2/1/0
W/L/T- 1/1/?
NK/L/S- 2/1/0

Games Completed- 2
Games in Progress- 3
Survivor Mafia- dead
Evolution Mafia- alive
Jack of all Trades Mafia- alive
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:34 am

Post by SpamWise »

lordy wrote:And since spam was acting scummy yesterday AND TODAY, I believe that ibby got a scummy role, based on office spectaculation.
If that were true, which it could be, then there's a few things wrong with it. Assuming that you can change alignment completely, if ibby were town yesterday and I were scum, after swapping last night I logically should be advocating her lynch. I can vouch that the office of Jack Johnson is pro-town, otherwise my vote would be somewhere else. Still though, it could be possible that some offices have nothing to do with your role.

Now, what I find wrong with what you did, is the way you made a Day 2 vote based entirely on speculation about game mechanics. And your latest comment to me seems like a "He's looking scummy, but I'll vote for someone different" tell.

I also think it's just completely bollocks how you're voting for Ibby based on what I did yesterday. Assuming I was mafia in my last office, wouldn't it make more sense for me to carry my alignment into my new office? If I didn't, then I'd be able to out the rest of the scum, handing an easy bullseye to the town. What I think the offices represent are the powers you can have at night, seperate from alignment.

As for Colonel Kurtz: I'm pretty certain he thought/thinks that a role re-arranger would be a scum role, not pro-town. That's what he said when he voted for lordy.
lordy
lordy
Goon
lordy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:16 am

Post by lordy »

Digression. I merely spectavulated. You can give me a million ways to prove my guess wrong, but utlimately only the mod knows whats going on.
\back after months away from the game.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:24 am

Post by ibaesha »

lordy wrote:I suspect the moving of offices has to do with the moving of roles.

As such, if im correct, ibby is now a cute little townie.

Awwww.
lordy wrote:I didn't claim you stupid arsefarcks. What I meant was that I messed up IN MY BRAIN who got whose office.

And since spam was acting scummy yesterday AND TODAY, I believe that ibby got a scummy role, based on office spectaculation.
Which is it? Hmm? This is absolutely ridiculous. First you claim to not only know my alignment but my role and post it for no reason whatsoever. Then, you turn around and vote me because I call bullshit about it. NOW, you're saying you messed it up in your head and I'm scum? Sooo... your speculation is that people's alignment can change too? And you think because you found Spamwise scummy yesterday, that I'm now scum because I'm in his old office.

My office is the only thing that has changed. My alignment has not. If there's a difference between my old office and my new office, I will not say at this time.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:40 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I think it's unlikely that alignment will change each night. How will we win the game? Like if person A is a pro-town everyday, and does a fantastic job, and he becomes mafia on the lynch-or-lose/last day, and town wins (partly because of what he did in the earlier days), he'll lose. This makes the game very unfair.
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:12 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

yeah I highly doubt alignment will change. I'm more inclined to believe that your role abilities change as you change offices, but it's ludicrous to assume that alignment changes, too. I am also waiting for Lordy to answer Ibby, since that was the main reason for my vote in the first place, and he seems to be avoiding the question, which makes me want to keep my vote there even more.
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Lordy still hasn't answered the key question I asked him, either.

If you thought she was a vanillia townie, why would you say so in the thread? Whatever your reasoning was for thinking that (and I've got to say I still don't at all understand the logic behind your speculations), that's an inherently anti-town move; saying "I think X is a vanillia townie" is bad for the town if you're right, and looks like a fishing attempt either way, as how a person responds to a comment like that often shows if they're pro-town or not. It makes me wonder if you're the one blowing up offices (IE:roles) and trying to figure out which offices have the power roles like cop and doc so you can blow them up.

And then, when that was pointed out, instead of answering my questions, you suddenly voted for her when you had just said you thought she was a vanillia townie. Yes, of course she voted for you; you made an anti-town move. Your OMGUS vote on someone you had just said you thought was a vanillia townie makes no sense, and that was what finally convinced me to vote you.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:38 am

Post by Masterchief »

In re-retrospect, though, Col. Kurtz voted Lordy for claiming a pro-town role.
Good enoguh for me.
Vote:Col.Kurtz
Show
[u]People I Want To Kill In A Mafia Game[/u]
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
[u]People that are cool to play with[/u]
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:18 am

Post by Max »

Yosarian2 wrote:Lordy still hasn't answered the key question I asked him, either.

If you thought she was a vanillia townie, why would you say so in the thread? Whatever your reasoning was for thinking that (and I've got to say I still don't at all understand the logic behind your speculations), that's an inherently anti-town move; saying "I think X is a vanillia townie" is bad for the town if you're right, and looks like a fishing attempt either way, as how a person responds to a comment like that often shows if they're pro-town or not. It makes me wonder if you're the one blowing up offices (IE:roles) and trying to figure out which offices have the power roles like cop and doc so you can blow them up.

And then, when that was pointed out, instead of answering my questions, you suddenly voted for her when you had just said you thought she was a vanillia townie. Yes, of course she voted for you; you made an anti-town move. Your OMGUS vote on someone you had just said you thought was a vanillia townie makes no sense, and that was what finally convinced me to vote you.
Yos Have you lost your role now your room is gone
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:59 am

Post by mystery meat of doom »

Colonel Kurtz wrote:Actually, lordy, I'm going to have to say that it was really stupid and arrogant of you to say that you rearranged the offices. You saying that
screams scum
to me because if doing that really messes with roles, then it occurs to me that only a scum member would want people to not be able to act on suspicions. If I were a
mafia role-rearranger
(if that is even what it did, what the hell?) I would claim that I did it, but that I was
pro-town because it's very difficult to get a flavor read out of just that ability
Typically, it would seem that only a boss/overlord would have that sort of power over employees, and bosses are usually evil

vote lordy
I do not see this as saying it is a pro-town role, in fact, to me it strongly states that he believes it is a scum role. The one part he mentions it being pro-town is if he was the mafia-rearranger and claimed, but even in that situation he's saying it's a mafia role.

Vote: TSS
Buy mystery meat.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:06 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Max wrote: Yos Have you lost your role now your room is gone
Is there any specific reason you think it'd help if I say what my role is at the moment?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Colonel Kurtz
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:28 am

Post by Colonel Kurtz »

Ok...all the people who are on my wagon are even stupider than I am for misinterperating what lordy said. I voted lordy because I thought that he said that he, himself, rearranged offices. If he didn't mean that, then fine, I misunderstood what he said, but I certainly didn't vote him for having a protown role.

thesilentspeaker: way to completely try to twist what I said so you could pull a vote for me out of your ass.
Harry_Potter: I can't decide whether you jumped behind that wagon because you're stupid, or because you're scum and trying to hide behind a dumb vote.
Masterchief: You have completely failed to vote better than you did in Fallen Hero Mafia, congratulations.

I am completely for a loss as to what to say as to the votes on me, other than that the logic behind them completely astounds me. I don't know if I think that TSS is scum for doing that, or if Harry_Potter is for jumping on the wagon. I'm not even going to bother with the lordy wagon at the moment because the three people voting for me bug me more.
vote thesilentspeaker
Load your program
I am your self
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:22 am

Post by Masterchief »

Masterchief: You have completely failed to vote better than you did in Fallen Hero Mafia, congratulations.
*Does happy dance*:D
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:42 am

Post by TheCesspit »

I thought there was three levels here:

1) The player and their alignment.
2) Their office (or lack there off)
3) Their role.

The role maybe aligned to the office, but that's not how I read my PM. I shall go and double check.
TheCesspit
TheCesspit
Goon
TheCesspit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:44 am

Post by TheCesspit »

Nope misread, my office, contains stuff that allows me to do stuff. Not me personally.

Hohum.
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:49 am

Post by Masterchief »

TheCesspit wrote:Nope misread, my office, contains stuff that allows me to do stuff. Not me personally.

Hohum.
That doesn't make any sense.
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork
4.ubertimmy
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:30 am

Post by Coron »

uh... yeah it does.

*smacks MC*

There are 3 levels

NAMES, offices(roles), and alignments all determined seperately as I understand it.
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:14 pm

Post by Masterchief »

Nonononono... I'm talkign about this
Nope misread, my office, contains stuff that allows me to do stuff. Not me personally.
That doesn't make any sense. Does that maean he has stuff he can't use that he can still use, yet he can't?
Show
1. Primate
2.Twito
3.Kelly Chen
4. IH
5.Shadow Lurker
6. ubertimmy
1. Thok
2.STD
3.Glork