Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:44 am

Post by armlx »

Vote Count
Davidangelsummers- 1 (PBuG)
Pug- 1 (Spamwise)
PBuG- 1 (Sotty)

Not Voting: Notguilty, Davidangelsummers, Adele, Pug,

7 alive, 4 to lynch

Sorry for the length between vote counts.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:14 pm

Post by Adele »

I'm starting to wonder whether a mass claim might be helpful. To clarify, the last thing I'd want is unilateral claims. Rather, I think that a discussion, followed by a vote, on a mass rolename and role
chainclaim
might be a useful course of action.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:11 pm

Post by TBuG »

Chainclaim? Please explain.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 pm

Post by SpamWise »

One person is nominated to claim, then they choose who's next to claim, and so on and so forth.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:01 pm

Post by davidangelsummers »

Ok,

I can see why its all gone a bit stale...
People just seem to be going over the same ground and mirrioring ideas from everyone else.The only thing I think I could add in terms of information that we dont know already is this:
1)I think I know who the other mason is.
2) My role

I think a mass claim will cause a few problems in a Buffy game. So beware.
Anyone who has played a Harry Potter mafia will know the feeling of trying to convince the town your good when your role is Snape(offten Doc) or Drako(often townie).

After reading why Pbug voted for my predecessor and looking at my role I have no real choice but to
VOTE PBUG

I would have been FAR more aggressive I assure you.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:16 am

Post by Adele »

davidangelsummers wrote:After reading why Pbug voted for my predecessor and looking at my role I have no real choice but to
VOTE PBUG

Except
that that makes 2 votes on PBuG, which is dangerous for reasons I went into earlier in the game (post 156). Please unvote, so we can try, you know,
talking
first.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:23 am

Post by TBuG »

I'll just go ahead and claim first.

I'm Season 5 Spike. I'm a bodyguard role, so I protect someone, but if that person is targetted to be killed I die instead. However, I protected someone who died Night 1, so I believe I was roleblocked. I am also not allowed to cast the lynching vote because of the chip in my head.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:47 pm

Adele wrote:
davidangelsummers wrote:After reading why Pbug voted for my predecessor and looking at my role I have no real choice but to
VOTE PBUG

Except
that that makes 2 votes on PBuG, which is dangerous for reasons I went into earlier in the game (post 156). Please unvote, so we can try, you know,
talking
first.
Thanks for the warm welcome . You could try like, well i dont know, saying what you, er kinda mean, without the, you know, whats it called? ow sarcasim.
UNVOTE

Pbug you picked a player who turns up dead?
How did this person Die?
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:38 am

Post by Adele »

davidangelsummers wrote:
Adele wrote:
VOTE PBUG

Except
talking
first.
Thanks for the warm welcome . You could try like, well i dont know, saying what you, er kinda mean, without the, you know, whats it called? ow sarcasim.
UNVOTE
I wasn't being sarcastic - I literally meant everything I said. Perhaps I came off as being harsh, and I apologise for not posting a welcome, but by that time you had already done something potentially game-losing and I thought that sending up the alarm was the priority. Your second post of the game was aggressive, and the nature of this aggression suggests you hadn't even read the game carefully first.

I love Buffy. A lot. Seriously. But when it comes to the game, I will at times be task-oriented. If people ask me to explain or defend myself, I focus on that. If the game's in a lull, I'll provide a suggestion on how to get back in gear. If someone does something foolish, I'll say so, loud and clear so there's no chance that they'll miss it.
PBuG wrote:I'll just go ahead and claim first.

I'm Season 5 Spike. I'm a bodyguard role, so I protect someone, but if that person is targetted to be killed I die instead. However, I protected someone who died Night 1, so I believe I was roleblocked. I am also not allowed to cast the lynching vote because of the chip in my head.
GAH!
Isn't that what I just said
not
to do? I certainly don't think you should gain the right to nominate next claimer if we
do
go ahead with the claim.

PBuG, Spam: What do either of you think about a chainclaim? you've all posted since the suggestion but not commented.

David: am I to presume, then, that you oppose it? You mention that your role justifies your behaviour (and your predecessor's), yet your last post doesn't state outright that you have reason to disbelieve PBuG's claim.

Regarding PBuG's claim, specifically the claim that he protected someone who died N1...
mod wrote:Fritzler - Riley Finn- Doctor stabbed night 1
Cogito Ergo Sum- Clem- Townie neck broken and slashed N1
Anya, roleblocker, died N2, so we can be reasonably certain we had an active RB N1 and possibly N2 (depending on nightchoice order... anyone know the standard in this sitch?). Since RB's probably tend to RB whenever they can, and since it's improbable that there are 2 RB's in a mini, it seems highly likely that exactly one person was roleblocked N1. That makes the claim slightly risky, and not apparently intrinsically beneficial since PBuG could easily have said from the start that he defended someone who had survived - however we cannot use that as evidence that PBuG's telling the truth (due to WIFOM).
It's also worth noting that this game had a doc (Riley/Fritzler). Bodyguard
and
doc in the same game? They couldn't qutie set up a Circle Of Awesome Protectiveness, but they could get pretty close. I don't like it. However, I want to know more before I act. I certainly don't want to summarily lynch PBuG; I think a slightly longer day today would be smart. We need info.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:13 am

Post by TBuG »

I decided to since I was two from lynch.

And note that, as a bodyguard, I did not protect someone, I died in their stead.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:16 am

Post by Adele »

PBuG wrote:And note that, as a bodyguard, I did not protect someone, I died in their stead.
Yes, but what if you were protected? If bodyguard targets doc and doc targets bodyguard, there's a feedback loop. If scum tries to kill bodyguard, he'd live, obv, but what if the scum targeted the doc? Logically, the doc's protection should save the bodyguard from the reflected kill.

Either way, it does seem to me a little unbalanced to have a doc and a bodyguard in the same game; potentially breaking in a mini.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:53 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Adele, if you think chain-claiming is the way to go then I'm prepared to go with that. Unless you're scum, but a chain claim has the potential to really screw over the scum. Of course, that's assuming there's no safe claims or anything, we could end up in a position worse than what we're in now.
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:48 pm

Adele wrote:
davidangelsummers wrote:
Adele wrote:
VOTE PBUG

Except
talking
first.
UNVOTE
I wasn't being sarcastic - I literally meant everything I said. Perhaps I came off as being harsh, and I apologise for not posting a welcome, but by that time you had already done something potentially game-losing and I thought that sending up the alarm was the priority. Your second post of the game was aggressive, and the nature of this aggression suggests you hadn't even read the game carefully first.

I love Buffy. A lot. Seriously. But when it comes to the game, I will at times be task-oriented. If people ask me to explain or defend myself, I focus on that. If the game's in a lull, I'll provide a suggestion on how to get back in gear. If someone does something foolish, I'll say so, loud and clear so there's no chance that they'll miss it.
PBuG wrote:I'll just go ahead and claim first.

GAH!
Isn't that what I just said
not
to do? I certainly don't think you should gain the right to nominate next claimer if we
do
go ahead with the claim.

PBuG, Spam: What do either of you think about a chainclaim? you've all posted since the suggestion but not commented.

David: am I to presume, then, that you oppose it? You mention that your role justifies your behaviour (and your predecessor's), yet your last post doesn't state outright that you have reason to disbelieve PBuG's claim.

Regarding PBuG's claim, specifically the claim that he protected someone who died N1...
mod wrote:Fritzler - Riley Finn- Doctor stabbed night 1
Cogito Ergo Sum- Clem- Townie neck broken and slashed N1
Anya, roleblocker, died N2, so we can be reasonably certain we had an active RB N1 and possibly N2 (depending on nightchoice order... anyone know the standard in this sitch?). Since RB's probably tend to RB whenever they can, and since it's improbable that there are 2 RB's in a mini, it seems highly likely that exactly one person was roleblocked N1. That makes the claim slightly risky, and not apparently intrinsically beneficial since PBuG could easily have said from the start that he defended someone who had survived - however we cannot use that as evidence that PBuG's telling the truth (due to WIFOM).
It's also worth noting that this game had a doc (Riley/Fritzler). Bodyguard
and
doc in the same game? They couldn't qutie set up a Circle Of Awesome Protectiveness, but they could get pretty close. I don't like it. However, I want to know more before I act. I certainly don't want to summarily lynch PBuG; I think a slightly longer day today would be smart. We need info.
*outside game* Big sorry hug for Adele ..You love buffy .I like you ..My bad ...
*inside game* I need to know know how many people watch buffy and have no Theorys about Pbug claim..
If anyone doubts my Buffy love..its 247 am and im watching Buffy start on sky one
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:11 pm

Post by TBuG »

I watch Buffy, and although I'm not sure why Spike is of all things a bodyguard, I understand the not being able to vote the lynching vote.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:06 am

Post by Adele »

PBuG wrote:I watch Buffy, and although I'm not sure why Spike is of all things a bodyguard, I understand the not being able to vote the lynching vote.
Season 5 Spike being a bodyguard makes some manner of sense - he's working with the Scoobies at that point, and he protected Dawn's secret at significant harm and risk to himself, for example, in "Intervention". On the other hand, of course, I don't think there's a single season (besides season 1, obv) in which Spike doesn't do
some
real evil (whether it's really him or not, if you follow).
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:19 am

Post by TBuG »

Okay. But for your second point, after the chip was put in Spike's head, he was prevented from doing evil. So, no, I don't follow.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:30 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Adele wrote:
PBuG wrote:And note that, as a bodyguard, I did not protect someone, I died in their stead.
Yes, but what if you were protected? If bodyguard targets doc and doc targets bodyguard, there's a feedback loop. If scum tries to kill bodyguard, he'd live, obv, but what if the scum targeted the doc? Logically, the doc's protection should save the bodyguard from the reflected kill.

Either way, it does seem to me a little unbalanced to have a doc and a bodyguard in the same game; potentially breaking in a mini.
This is really my sticking point with the claim. If PBuG
is
telling the truth, it suggests to me that we could have some real powerful scum out there. That said I don't think I have seen a mini with both a doc and a bodyguard, I don't like it one bit....

PBuG - Who did you protect on night one?

As for the chain claim, I don't oppose it but we are still missing a member of the town. If we all claim then we hit a wall we won't really have all the information when it comes to fake/counter claims with notguitly and Pug lurking like crazy. Day two seems a little early for a chain claim to be honest, but we are in quite a predicament though.

I'm not a Buffy nut, but I do watch it on occasion. I like the show but I don't have a great base of knowledge about the time line and what happens when.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:21 am

Post by TBuG »

Cogito Ergo Sum. The next night I protected pug because I was thinking of the possibility that maybe I wasn't really a bodyguard, but in hindsight that was a silly idea XD
Pug89
Pug89
Goon
Pug89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:46 pm

Post by Pug89 »

It's also strange that you have been keen to push the issue against myself and PBug, but not LostProphet who behind you is next on my probable scum list.
Both you and PBuG have been posting. Lostprophet didn't post for almost a month before being replaced. It's easy to forget about his behavior in that time.
I'm Season 5 Spike. I'm a bodyguard role
I believe that PBuG is Spike. Not being able to place the final vote because of the chip does makes sense. Of the seasons when Spike had the chip season 5 makes the most sense to me. Of course, he could be lying about both his season and his role. The fact that someone he protected died is suspicious; the possible reasons for that have already been discussed, but in the end it's all WIFOM.

I watch both Buffy and Angel and know both fairly well.
People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy. - Joss Whedon
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:46 pm

Post by SpamWise »

Happy with my vote.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:24 am

Post by Adele »

PBuG wrote:Okay. But for your second point, after the chip was put in Spike's head, he was prevented from doing evil. So, no, I don't follow.
Well, no, he wasn't prevented from doing evil. He would (usually) suffer intense pain when he tried to hurt a human.
He did, however, manage to manipulate the Scoobies to their detriment (Season 4's Yoko Factor), tie Buffy up and threaten to set another vamp on her (Season 5's Crush), nearly rape Buffy after she became an exception to the chip (Season 6'sa Seeing Red), and kill a buncha folk under the influence of the First (Season 7's Conversation with Dead People).
Also, he could always beat up and kill nonhumans who, such as in the case of Clem (CES), can be protown.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:38 am

Post by TBuG »

Ah. (I didn't watch Buffy religiously.)
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:05 am

PBuG wrote:Ah. (I didn't watch Buffy religiously.)
PBuG - Who did you protect on night one?

I have a very good reason for thinking Spike is good but can not understand why Pbug dodges questions.

I was very much hopeing for someone to say Spikes history as I was wondering if Buffy fans where going to hide it to protect him.
Thats why I asked for therioes.
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:37 pm

Post by SpamWise »

He protected CES Night 1, who died, which led to PBug thinking he was roleblocked.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:06 am

Post by armlx »

Deadline for next Sunday (August 13th) at 6:00 PM EST unless discussion picks up a lot.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”