Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:24 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1116, Magister Ludi wrote:Its another reason I like toasty, he's willing to poke at DDD and go *here's somebody*, because he honestly believes there might be scum slipping along in that slot.

You really think it takes any courage to put my name down?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

All the courage.

Things we've learned: Glork is town, Wyrd is town, GI is probably town.

So nothing new carry on.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:12 am

Post by Gammagooey »

eh
unvote, vote:toasty

weeeeeeeeeeeeee
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:20 am

Post by Tammy »

How do you put a spoiler tag in a post?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:26 am

Post by Tierce »

[spoiler=Spoiler title]spoilered text[/spoiler]
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:36 am

Post by Tammy »

Thank you!

In post 1088, Tierce wrote:
In post 1082, Tammy wrote:
In post 1077, Tierce wrote:Tammy, please link me to your other games.

I only have two completed games here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21408 and http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21344

Not what I'm looking for, ma'am. Feel like linking your Westeros games? I know they are alt'd, but inquiring minds.

Sure...I'll procrastinate by indulging you with a trip down memory lane as you have a thing for reading games.

Spoiler: meta crap
]http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/to ... -83-day-3/ - *sigh* My first game. I was scum and Faraday got me lynched day four. Pretty sure he told me I was useless scum at some point. :( My partner got killed night one, and I was left all alone to flail around and make stupid night kill choices and take out the other team completely ensuring my loss. Oh original alt Manderly, but it's under Bracken now.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/to ... of-lights/ - Wherein we learn that Tammy is not only a waller, but sometimes just gets pissed off at the mere suggestion I maybe might be doing something suspicious. Original alt Chana/now House Paege.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/to ... christmas/ - You probably don't want to read this one. No, seriously 53 pages in one 32 hour day. I'm not even going to look for what my alt is now, no one was able to altguess me though. The original was Jack-in-the-Box though. Pretty sure I spent most of the game telling people to stop being stupid or something. I only include it, cuz, totally different town style and Faraday gets modkilled for voting :(

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/to ... ler-day-3/ - Hey, first time I legitimately believed I was going to get mislynched; I *might* have thrown a little fit about it. The trend also continues wherein day one I tend to fight with someone, only to drop it near the end of day one, early day two, pull it together and not have any real issues for the remainder of the game...mostly. Although I was killed night two, for some reason, even though a power role was outed. :igmeou: Original alt Phoebe/now House Reyne

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/to ... e-pattern/ - The game wherein I rant about CES's playstyle, maybe tell Regfan off, and learn about the dangers of tunneling and confirmation bias. Wasn't working this week; had lots of extra time on my hands and put in far too much effort to end up giving the game to mafia. Original alt Tuon/now House Paege.

Anyway, there are other games in between those, but I'm not going to link every game I've played. If you want more, you can go to the main mafia board accessed through the first page of where those games are. You might be able to view as a guest; I don't know.

Game 89 was actually a really good game for me. I was a near universal town read from the beginning and only got annoyed and pitched a fit near the end when the ZOMGYOURSTILLALIVEYOUMUSTBESCUM paranoia set in. Ended up clearing the last killer and giving mafia the game, but I still did pretty good. Alt is House Sunglass. My style in this game fits closely with NY146 here.

If you want to watch me do something really stupid, you should check out Game 90 in which Faraday and I locked on each other like on page 3 or something and tunneled and fought for the remainder of the day. We get over it by day two and it's all bananas in pajamas cool after that. Was eventually able to derail a lynch and get the last mafia member lynched by maybe yelling a bit. *sigh* I'm just sometimes a mess on day one, and pull it together after. Alt was Deathstroke, but it's now Le Marais. My day one play here fits pretty closely to me Friday night actually.

Okay, you probably didn't need the running commentary, but I'm procrastinating and this was more fun that actually working.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:38 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME, people? I said I was nowhere near done with my reads, I said I would finish them, I said you should not look at it like a finished product, and I said that it was going to be slow-goin' thanks to real life issues, and You are STILL voting me for it? I haven't even ranked my reads yet. Those nulls can still end up low on my list when I'm finished.

Pissed.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:41 am

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 1087, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 1074, Quilford wrote:
vote toastytoast

Hurr.

Word, his latest post is terrible; only nine reads and four of them are null? Wyrd is a null read due to lurking but I'm a scum read due to the same, goofier than a pet coon. If I wasn't already voting for him and hadn't pledged my vote to SpyreX I would totally move my vote to Toasty now.

This is a total misrep for the above reasons and the fact that I said you are the lurker I have the most problems with because you've managed to say plenty of scummy nonsense in like 14 sentences. Wyrd is lurking, but at least he's
doing
something when he posts.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:55 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1093, Wyrd wrote:Just stopping in to say GreyICE is definitely town this game.

I'll be re-reading Toast with Nuwen later to see if we can hop on that.

If this is Fate posting then we know that GI is scum now since you always read him backwards.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:58 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 1097, Wyrd wrote:
You don't catch Fate scum so stop acting like you CAN based on silly lil set-up games that were meaningless.

lol not if you don't hide behind Nuwen.

In post 1099, Wyrd wrote:
Fate always being able read GreyICE without fail +Obvtown

Team Mafia PYP.

Where's Reck when you need him...
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Wyrd
Wyrd
Goon
Wyrd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:10 am

Post by Wyrd »

In post 1116, Magister Ludi wrote:Its another reason I like toasty, he's willing to poke at DDD and go *here's somebody*, because he honestly believes there might be scum slipping along in that slot. TSH falls in the same category for myself.

Lol seriously? This is the kind of buddy defense that gets used these days?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: TOASTY

LINK DETECTED

KILL MODE ENGAGED

/afk GW2 week-end
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:52 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1131, ToastyToast wrote:Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME, people? I said I was nowhere near done with my reads, I said I would finish them, I said you should not look at it like a finished product, and I said that it was going to be slow-goin' thanks to real life issues, and You are STILL voting me for it? I haven't even ranked my reads yet. Those nulls can still end up low on my list when I'm finished.

Pissed.

fail AtE is fail

if you don't want to be lynched, and it means a lot to you to not be lynched, then you have to deliver

otherwise, thems the breaks and I have no sympathy
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:22 am

Post by implosion »

So toasty, instead of finishing that reads list that you said you'd finish you decide to yell at people who are getting annoyed at it.

Unvote, vote: toasty

We need to lynch someone already. We're going to be more productive in getting good reads once we have info.

Wyrd's town, dddp could be scum too.

tierce and glork are town, but really, that should go without saying. Oversoul is also town. Zdenek is also probably town.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:24 am

Post by singersigner »

People need to learn the difference between a good defense and a bad one. Too often people are so tunneled on the fact that one thing is scummy, and won't let it go no matter how good the excuse is. This is why we have 46 pages of shit. People didn't let the Tammy thing go. People didn't let the Tierce thing go. Tierce didn't let the Oversoul thing go. And the cycle continues. There are shittons of back and forth because people get it in their heads that nothing is good enough and cling on to the one thing they think makes a case.

This has nothing to do with what has just been posted. I just think a lot of people are losing momentum/interest in playing this game. ;_;
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:58 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1138, singersigner wrote:I think a lot of people are losing momentum/interest in playing this game. ;_;

I know I am.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:12 am

Post by Shmugen »

In post 1007, Tammy wrote:And I wanna vote Shmug for that post. More often than not when someone feels the need to comment on every single player in a large game on day one, they are scum trying too hard.

Also, Shmug - When you get a sec, can you point out to me the ugly/questionable stances that MoI have been unafraid to point out and bring to the forefront?

post 595
post 656
post 839
are the three main instances of taking unpopular stances, 'Hey Glork, let's have the alive after N1 discussion, Hey Tierce you're wrong on dayvig use, Hey everyone, Oversoul makes a bit of sense'. The hydra speaks its minds.

In post 1006, Alchemist wrote:
1. Alchemist - Other than posting style and lackluster attack on Glork, the biggest thing that stands out here is relative to Tierce. Alchemist, why did you think Tierce was a good shot when people thought Oversoul's vig was real?

Tierce wasn't confirmed town, nor did her posting indicate anything near as such

Sheep detected

So bad shot = confirmed town and anything else flies? Tell me why you felt Tierce was scummy.

In post 1005, GreyICE wrote:Shmugen, all Dayvigs are fake. Always. Seriously, always.

Anyway, what do you think of the theory that newer posters replacing into a scum slot are try-hard in their attempts to look town, and tend to make long wall posts, but end up having a low content to word ratio (aka a lot of null reads).

Do you think your summaries of TSH, Haze, Katsuki, Ludi, Nexus, Nikanor, or Oman added anything to this game?

If not, why did you post them?

Additional point on this, Grey: Of those summaries, how much do you feel TSH, Nexus, or Oman have added to the game? I can't write on what isn't there. For the record, PeregrineV IS in this game as part of TSH.

Now to finish the Great Wall of Shmu.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

Why can't we, like, just be friends maaaan

Also purge lurkers wil be an issue sooner than later
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:44 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1140, Shmugen wrote:
In post 1007, Tammy wrote:And I wanna vote Shmug for that post. More often than not when someone feels the need to comment on every single player in a large game on day one, they are scum trying too hard.

Also, Shmug - When you get a sec, can you point out to me the ugly/questionable stances that MoI have been unafraid to point out and bring to the forefront?

post 595
post 656
post 839
are the three main instances of taking unpopular stances, 'Hey Glork, let's have the alive after N1 discussion, Hey Tierce you're wrong on dayvig use, Hey everyone, Oversoul makes a bit of sense'. The hydra speaks its minds.

You consider those examples of them bringing up ugly/questionable stances and give them a town read because they speak their mind? Do you think they don't speak their mind as scum?

Also, how does taking a stance that Magua believes concerning those who tend to get nightkilled early and saying let's not worry about them until day 3 or 4, which is a stance that he's taken in the past as far as I know and would be stated regardless of alignment an indication of alignment here?

Your second example is an opinion on role usage theory, which is again something that isn't indicative of alignment.

And the third one, I'll give you some, but it still is just a matter of common sense what they said.

So, does someone speaking their minds mean they're innocent?
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:46 am

Post by Teleporting Speed Hippos »

AV is still gone, so I get to be the lone Hippo. I also get to vote my way until he gets back. And I caught up, so let me grab my quoting gun.
-AV and PeregrineV-
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:07 pm

It starts with toastys , where the three top vote-getters are all suspicious together. And part of the reason was a "connection" there. A suspicious connection.
Which can be made at any point between players.

But, moving on,
In post 546, ToastyToast wrote:1) Ever consider that I may just be lazy town? Oversoul already mentioned how this game was going to be one I put like 50% effort into.

looks like trying to divert away from the fact that he's supposed to be lazy, but just read Tammy, Tierce and Uber and FOUND CONNECTIONS. As of right now that 217 posts between the three of them. I know if was less back then, but if you've done that why come represent yourself as lazy? I feel like you mean to pull this up again if your feet are held to the fire to produce actual scumhunting.

Then, Shmugen comes in with , and I like. Reads, and reasons.

Then I get to
In post 1072, ToastyToast wrote:Null15. MathGirl277: Who? Hopefully replacement posts soon.
So somehow, Toasty missed the 800 word Shmugen essay.

And since its my hippo for now,

Vote: Toasty

Also, @Magua of MaggyIll fame-
In post 1037, MaguaofIllusion wrote:To be entirely fair, Magua-head has never been scum, a record that remains unbroken to this day.

I know of at least 2 games where you were, so not sure of the purpose here.

FoS: GreyIce

For not reading the playerlist and knowing that this asshole was in the game
:down:
-PeregrineV
-AV and PeregrineV-
Wyrd
Wyrd
Goon
Wyrd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by Wyrd »

Hey Crack Hippo, do you think this game is multiball?
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Teleporting Speed Hippos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:15 pm

In post 1145, Wyrd wrote:Hey Crack Hippo, do you think this game is multiball?

Normally, based on size, I would think so. But, I think the whole balance thing could be done with scum only needing select townies instead of a whole bunch. It would fit the flavor more.

I do think there can be a third-party of some sort (survivor, SK, etc.) and still be within flavor.

So right now, figure town + 1 scumteam + 1 or 2 independents.

~P
-AV and PeregrineV-
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by Shmugen »

In post 1142, Tammy wrote:
In post 1140, Shmugen wrote:

post 595
post 656
post 839

You consider those examples of them bringing up ugly/questionable stances and give them a town read because they speak their mind? Do you think they don't speak their mind as scum?

Also, how does taking a stance that Magua believes concerning those who tend to get nightkilled early and saying let's not worry about them until day 3 or 4, which is a stance that he's taken in the past as far as I know and would be stated regardless of alignment an indication of alignment here?

Your second example is an opinion on role usage theory, which is again something that isn't indicative of alignment.

And the third one, I'll give you some, but it still is just a matter of common sense what they said.

So, does someone speaking their minds mean they're innocent?

They struck me as MaguaoI putting himself in the thick of things and pushing points that others might shy away from. I would expect scum to shy away from anything that draws that much unnecessary attention to themselves, especially as point 1 vs Glork was very antagonistic towards a power player who I felt was townish at the time of the post. Reminiscent of a dog barking like crazy at another dog. What's it going to do but get people to throw shoes and tell them to shut up? Yet it happened anyway.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:11 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1147, Shmugen wrote:
They struck me as MaguaoI putting himself in the thick of things and pushing points that others might shy away from. I would expect scum to shy away from anything that draws that much unnecessary attention to themselves, especially as point 1 vs Glork was very antagonistic towards a power player who I felt was townish at the time of the post. Reminiscent of a dog barking like crazy at another dog. What's it going to do but get people to throw shoes and tell them to shut up? Yet it happened anyway.

Does either head of the hydra seem to you to be people who act shy when scum so much so that speaking their opinion on something that is a stance taken in the past an indicator of alignment?

Also, I noticed in your reads that you said Duplicity made a lot of sense in his reads post. What is your read on them? You don't say.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Post by Tammy »

@TSH - You bring up Toasty missing Shmugen's essay of reads. What is the point of pointing that out as part of your case against him? Do you think that's something likely to come from scum?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”